Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

PM RAREW66, he owns a couple of the PPG cars and knows their history better than anyone I think.

Fred now owns all three surviving PPG cars

And I own this page!

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-21-2011).]

IP: Logged
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right... I couldn't remember if it was 2 or 3 as of the latest acquisition.
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more mock-up with a grill ( modified fi355 ), and , although not necessary, I trimmed a crx turn signal to make it fit the smaller hole just to see how it'll fit. Also fitted the left belt moulding. Still more shaping & smoothing to do, but getting closer to the end stages.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, that thing looks great
D.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

speechless.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG That is fantastic!
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one nice front end
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
B. E. A. UTIFUL
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Going with Nissan Maxima turn signals. The fog lights are 03-04 Ford Expedition

Comparing the CRX light (top) to the Civic which is slightly longer. The 90-91 Civic light would make for a cleaner look because the front screws would not be visible as on the CRX. Both use a rubber weather gasket/seal.

The 94-95 Accord light is slightly longer than the Civic and has a bonded seal...no gasket. I'm not sure if the length will create a clearance issue behind the fiberglass.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-24-2011).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all for hiding the one screw if the other will be hidden, it's sort of tacky otherwise, along with the border of the signal present on one side but not the other. I was thinking about that from your mock up pics above.
I'm still thinking I may try to lower the top edge of the mounting hole some and use the smoked thirdgen Camaro turn signals, I personally would rather do without fog lights because they add weight. Though, I might be able to fit the turn signals in the bottom and use a white LED strip for running lights just above. That way the hole won't have to be modified (the Camaro signals look like they will fit nicely, they're just a bit shorter), and it'll look pretty cool.
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
Though, I might be able to fit the turn signals in the bottom and use a white LED strip for running lights just above.

Or the LED strip on the bottom, somewhat reminiscent of this:

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud, maybe giving others ideas if they want to do something different.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-27-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before final sanding a design review with silver vinyl wrap was done on one side to better see how the contours & lines are shaping up. This helps to spot areas that need fixing. The vinyl is applied directly over the bondo with a heat gun. When finished with the review it'll all be pealed off.

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like this nose alot and I usually don't care for aftermarket noses on a Fiero, but I like this one ALOT! Excellent Work Amida!
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really need to stop reading this thread! That looks too good and it is giving me bad ideas. I love the stock Fiero parts and I have built my car around updating and improving on the car while still keeping it a fiero. This blows me away though. I cannot afford this!

Keep up the good work, I hope to be able to meet the man with such amazing skills some time when I am in the area!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caution, genius at work here folks. That looks awesome!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
B-E-A-UTIFUL!

My GT is now sportin' a woody Can't wait to dig in to my body work in May.

Rob, you are a true artist

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-06-2011).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For once I'm speechless... just speechless.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice

Can we please get a sideshot, not at an angle, but directly from the side showing how it flows with the hood curvature?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just messed myself...

That is gorgeous.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I just messed myself...

That is gorgeous.

Clean up on isle 6. We need a clean up on isle 6 please......

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is I want one! Please re-make these!!!

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That thing looks MEAN! Awesome work.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

All I can say is I want one! Please re-make these!!!

Umm, he is. Go back and read the thread.

Now that I caught my breath again...

The shiny finish brought that thing to life!
It is, by far, the best nose I have ever seen on a Fiero, custom or otherwise.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-06-2011).]

sporlan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How soon till they are available?? Looks GREAT!!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caution: Master at work!!

Bob
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'd like is a 1990 nose and fenders. I believe the Saturn SC2 nose uses the same signal lights...
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stunning, simply stunning. I think that I just might have to get in line for one of these....

Awesome work!

Nolan
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Looks very nice

Can we please get a sideshot, not at an angle, but directly from the side showing how it flows with the hood curvature?

Most of my shots were either out of focus or overexposed, but here's a couple more.

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That flows with the Fiero very well. What will pricing be for one of these pieces of art? Do you have a website?
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

That flows with the Fiero very well. What will pricing be for one of these pieces of art? Do you have a website?

I quoted the initial group of guys US$495 +s&h, but not sure what the quote will be from here on out. The fiberglass distributor has increased their prices and I still have to find a local fiberglass shop to do the work for me since I am literally sick of doing fiberglass. Please stay tuned. No website as of yet.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-07-2011).]

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I quoted the initial group of guys US$495 +s&h, but not sure what the quote will be from here on out. The fiberglass distributor has increased their prices and I still have to find a local fiberglass shop to do the work for me since I am literally sick of doing fiberglass. Please stay tuned. No website as of yet.

Roger That! I bet you are tired of fiberglassing, alot of hard work went into that work of art.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I must say Amida, it's coming up even better than I was expecting. You'll surely be able to sell those babies like hotcakes, they're utterly gorgeous!

Keep up the good work sir, keen to see how it looks as a complete.

------------------

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice
please let us know once they are available. I am very interested! The bumper blends in very nicely with the hood

Great job!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida if you lived in Florida you would have to kick me out of your garage.

I would love to learn some of your skills.
Huck369

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Huck369Send a Private Message to Huck369Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nicely done....

------------------
Huck
86 Fiero GT

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob -- quick fabrication question for you --

How do you remove the right amount of foam to account for the fiberglass and still keep the contour of the part? I'm working on something and am using 2 part expanding foam to get things to the shape I want..........now ready to start fiberglassing. I know I need to remove some of the foam and replace it with 'glass........but how do you remove enough foam and make sure all of the contours/shapes are still there?

thx!

-jeff d
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i say make it exactly how you want it. Glass over it thick. Split glass in half or quarters and glass on separations that can be bolted together... That's now your mold... Glass on the inside and pull parts.

(simplified version, you do need a mold release of sorts and i recommend a gel coat.)
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

i say make it exactly how you want it. Glass over it thick. Split glass in half or quarters and glass on separations that can be bolted together... That's now your mold... Glass on the inside and pull parts.

(simplified version, you do need a mold release of sorts and i recommend a gel coat.)

Thanks..........not really an option for what I'm working on. Without going into details, that would be wayyyyyy more effort than is needed. All of the foam would have to be taken down below the surface of the surrounding body work, then bondo applied and worked/shaped, then molds taken, then parts pulled, then old areas cut out and new parts from mold glassed in and finished....way more work than necessary.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock