Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to rush perfection, but any updates? Do you have a rough ETA for the production version?

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

IP: Logged
BabyVet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i'ma swing this some how some way love the look of this
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay guys, I've been working on too many concurrent jobs which have all fallen behind schedule. Lately I've been trying to catchup on some interior work. Once that is finished & out off the way I can focus on finishing the designwork on the new nose, which should be done this fall season. I'd like to get everything shipped out in the winter so that y'all can have your cars ready for the Spring show season.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a problem here.

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. It's no problem with me either, I just need to start thinking about the order I'm going to do things (bodywork and paint) since my Fiero is almost back in my hands. Though, I am like a kid waiting for Christmas again.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With great sacrifice comes great reward. With the care and dedication you have put into your projects, I wouldn't mind it taking another 6 months. I am sure it will be worth the wait!

Will
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob. Haven't posted for good while but been appreciating your progress. Great job! My car is anxiously awaiting its new nose.
Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

CSlater21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSlater21Send a Private Message to CSlater21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really AMAZING work man!!!!

I am a proud new (1st Time) owner of a Silver 86GT. As I was reading through your posts I got all excited to see that you are here in WA.

I am down in Puyallup.

Take care and keep up the great work.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CSlater21:

Really AMAZING work man!!!!

I am a proud new (1st Time) owner of a Silver 86GT. As I was reading through your posts I got all excited to see that you are here in WA.

I am down in Puyallup.

Take care and keep up the great work.

Congratulations ! I had a white '86GT automatic before getting the '88 Formula.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Just finished the upholstery on a set of Fi355 door panels. These are for a stock, non-rebody, Fiero. Switching back to the Fi512 nose for a few days, then back to start another Fi355 dash...wish I had more time in a day.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your 355 interiors are hands down the nicest interiors I've ever seen in just about any car, let alone Fieros. I just stare in awe every time I see your full interior installed. I wish I could pony up for one, but the HP takes the priority right now.
That being said, I'm still highly anticipating the nose-job that my Fiero be getting.

Keep up the good work.
PFF
System Bot
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Amida, any updates?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Your 355 interiors are hands down the nicest interiors I've ever seen in just about any car, let alone Fieros. I just stare in awe every time I see your full interior installed. I wish I could pony up for one, but the HP takes the priority right now.
That being said, I'm still highly anticipating the nose-job that my Fiero be getting.

Keep up the good work.

Don't wait too long, I'll likely be moving onto newer things....Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by fierogt455:

Hi Amida, any updates?

Yep, here's some process shots of transfering measurements & profiles over to the passenger side using templates. I needed a hard edge on the lower side for taking measurements so I made mirror image templates out of 3/16" masonite and attached it to the bottom. A long straight edge & square was used to set height & side angles.

A profile gauge was used on the driver side to create templates to help shape the passenger side. This won't be CAD/CAM perfect but close enough for eyeballing the handywork.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A true artist at work !
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure getting anxious to see that on my car!

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After setting the lower flange to the correct height a couple layers of glass was applied to the backside to lock it all in place.

Two part urethane foam mix was added for material buildup.

Then shaved & carved to just below surface level for the next step...bondo. Templates created from the driver side will be used to help shape the surface profile.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:

A true artist at work !

Design work is definitely much more fun to do than fiberglass production. I'm looking for a local fiberglasser to produce these for me. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Sure getting anxious to see that on my car!

Yes, I'm really liking how this one is shaping up.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Design work is definitely much more fun to do than fiberglass production. I'm looking for a local fiberglasser to produce these for me. Thanks.

I agree! that is why I did it the way I am doing as well. I love the look of it so far, i can not wait to see it done. great Job as always
D.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lower design line is set using blue colored bondo to make the line more visible & to provide a contrasting color against the surrounding pink bondo filled areas when shaping/sanding. You know when to stop sanding when the blue begins to show up through the pink.

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the end of the waiting line for these??? I definitely want in!
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, nice to see your back working on this project. I am still planning to get one. I am saving up so when you get them ready let me know.

Christine
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also very interested once I see a finished product with specific pricing. Looks great!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Templates really come in handy when shaping a mirror image into the opposite side.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Where is the end of the waiting line for these??? I definitely want in!

In the spring...stay tuned.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Christine:

Amida, nice to see your back working on this project. I am still planning to get one. I am saving up so when you get them ready let me know.

Christine

Good to see that you're still around, and I hope that your work situation has improved.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I am also very interested once I see a finished product with specific pricing. Looks great!

Getting closer...stay tuned.
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A nice color combo.

I agree
I really like white American cars (and red Italian cars)
Hmm...How did I end up with a black Fiero?

Check your PMs

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Did you finalize the light choice? From what I have read in the thread, we are looking at Ford Explorer fogs and Honda CRX turn signals correct?

\/\/
PFF
System Bot
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer to finishing up the shaping stage with yet another template...this one for the brake cooling duct. Once all the lines are set, then all the edges will be rounded. Will be moving on to the fine sanding/smoothing stage shortly.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Rob,

Did you finalize the light choice? From what I have read in the thread, we are looking at Ford Explorer fogs and Honda CRX turn signals correct?

\/\/

Yes, Ford explorer fog lights for sure. Since I can not find a turnsignal that is narrow/short enough for the space, I suppose you can use any light you think would fit behind the fiberglass, or fabricate your own turnsignals to fit the space. The CRX lights are the best that I've found so far, but still need to be mounted from behind.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While searching for lighting alternatives, I thought I'd try mocking up a Maxima turnsignal, used for the Fi355 nose, and I found that it is the best choice. It has a similar face curvature, and unlike the crx lights, no visible screw holes & no slanted surface. It's also cheap to purchase as well. The upper 1/3 of the light will be hidden behind the panel. I am ordering a few Honda/Acura lights as well to see how they'll fit.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-24-2011).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
Will be moving on to the fine sanding/smoothing stage shortly.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone identify the turn signals on this PPG Fiero? The short height drew my attention. For the Fi512 ideal size is 8.5" x 1 3/8".

http://www.jadeweb.com.au/uploads/ppg2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-21-2011).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look like colored versions of the 4th gen (1985) camaro.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM RAREW66, he owns a couple of the PPG cars and knows their history better than anyone I think.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Custom2M4:
They look like colored versions of the 4th gen (1985) camaro.

Definitely not thirdgen Camaro lights (1982-1992 is thirdgen, 1993-2002 is fourthgen)

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-21-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock