Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on the progress?
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know Amida i have to admit im not a fan of this bumper, But your your craftmanship is second to none. Had I known about your 355 front bumber before I went with the one I have on my car yours would be in its place. if i ever damage my current bumber to the point of no repair you can expect a call from me for your 355 front end. We also might do business on your center console one of these days when i have some throw around cash.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-28-2010).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Continuing with the mockup, I first pulled the prototype Fi355 nose to make way for the new project.

Half 512tr donor positioned on chassis with new valance panel to get a visual on what needs to be done. The top flange isn't flat all the way across, it has a slight up curve which creates an increased gap between the panels. Will have to straighten that out. Will also have to round a couple corners in the light pocket, and the grill opening needs to have a straighter edge on the sides.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-04-2010).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good so far, I cannot wait to see the final product.
Tzone21

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tzone21Send a Private Message to Tzone21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
smoking hot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's nice. I've gpt a 355 nose presently but would trash it in a heartbeat for one of these. Drop me a line when you get production up and running.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

That's nice. I've gpt a 355 nose presently but would trash it in a heartbeat for one of these. Drop me a line when you get production up and running.

Okay we'll do. Thanks.

Rob
Fierovation

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-09-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here the passenger side is getting stitched back together with some butterfly splints. The use of various templates helps to keep the two sides symmetrical. It sort of reminds me of a Frankenstein movie.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-12-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold on, lemme run to the concession stand again. brb...
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 512tr donor is considerably longer than the Fiero nose.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
How to get a relatively straighter nose with sharper corners to fit a pointed & rounded Fiero Profile?......you slice & dice it into submission.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is looking like it is really going to be sharp when finished.

Great job amida in showing how much work is involved in getting things to come out as awesome as you always make them.

I don't think many can scoff at the price considering what is needed to pull these off.

Just amazing.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
snub nose rocks....on a fiero. its looking very good amida. if this is finished and for sale by the time im ready to purchase a new front, ill have a tough time deciding for the 355 or this one.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A nice color combo.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is just awesome. I can see a hundred thousand ways I could screw up that 512 nose beyond repair.
You're definitely one of the most talented, hard working, and honest Fiero (and kit car parts) vendors that I know of. I'm not sorry to help support you in the least.

Thanks for showing us the progress, it's very neat to watch. I can visualize it all in my head from start to finish (and all the stumbling blocks too), I just couldn't put it into fiberglass so well.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 05-15-2010).]

Tzone21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tzone21Send a Private Message to Tzone21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the progress is looking great. The finished project should not dissapoint!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spacer pads from the upper panel are removed to prepare a flat surface to mate with the nose section. A flat table top was used to check for any deviation in the mating surface.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Flanges & wheel arches from a donor Fi355 nose will be transplanted onto the new nose.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im really really wanting one of these..
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A spacer was added to fill the void between the two sections. Later on the sections will be permanently bolted & blended together. Here, a rough mockup of the three sections held together with masking tape to see where I need to do a little more slicing, dicing & tweaking. Once the lines are determined I'll secure the pieces together with splints then bond with fiberglass. Afterwards measurements will be transcribed over to the passenger side.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am REALLY starting to like this more and more, so I took the liberty of "finishing" the other side for you

How soon do you expect to be in production?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-14-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait for it..................... wait for it.......................
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent..-Jason
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I am REALLY starting to like this more and more, so I took the liberty of "finishing" the other side for you

How soon do you expect to be in production?

That will be one good looking nose,..in fact one of the best aftermarket noses i have seen for the fiero.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

That will be one good looking nose,..in fact one of the best aftermarket noses i have seen for the fiero.

100% AGREED!

I think there may be some more changes ahead for my car!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-15-2010).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, I told you so.
fierogt17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh I need this =) Can't wait until its finished.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

100% AGREED!

I think there may be some more changes ahead for my car!

Make a second one model, with the middle portion lowered, or expanded downwards to fill in the "void"... Then you'll have a really sharp looking bumper. Or sell me one and I'll make it. lol
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent Amida.

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, The Fi512 nose is looking pretty sharp...will update soon. My computer died...just purchased this new Dell, but have no programs loaded yet & need to recover all of my files from the old.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the PC, good to hear that it's been replaced.
Looking forward to new pics!

I sent you a PM.
WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm......

Well after almost three years of being absent from the forum, The first thread I find is this one.....

I somehow see the possibility of a new nose in Summer Romance's future..

------------------

WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Update ? You have my attention.

[This message has been edited by WMac (edited 07-21-2010).]

gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WMac:

Any Update ? You have my attention.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharpening the edge on the valance panel before joining with the main section.

Three sections joined together. Middle spacer filled in & blended in with nose section. Shaping in progress.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK!
THAT'S IT!!

I'm IN
Tangerine Dream is getting another upgrade!

Amida you have a PM.

------------------

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool man, it'll look great on your car.

Don't forget, he hasn't even started on the built-in splitter at the bottom.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 07-28-2010).]

jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, I am interested in your F355 nose. My email is jackcastro2000@hotmail.com 954-993-4040
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock