Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64340 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:
Just a bump to keep it ALLTRBO's eyes LOL
Shelby

Originally posted by Amida:
Yes...

IP: Logged
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to keep you looking at your photoshop and drooling

Shelby
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OIC... Carry on.

Tzone21

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tzone21Send a Private Message to Tzone21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i have 2 questions: 1: is it one peice? 2: is there room for 1 more deposit?
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tzone21:

ok i have 2 questions: 1: is it one peice? 2: is there room for 1 more deposit?

Yes it is a one piece, and yes you can make a deposit. just send me a PM for more info. Thanks.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After looking at all of the pics more (I should just delete that front-on view of the black car, it won't look like that at all), I definitely like the rectangular lights more than the Prelude lights, I think they fit the style much better. The Explorer fogs and LED strip turn signals would be awesome I think. Just my preference, FWIW.

BTW, about the aerodynamics (for anyone who cares)... because it will have a built in partial splitter at the bottom and it curves slightly forward toward the bottom (rather than directing the air underneath like a Fiero coupe bumper), I don't think it'll add any lift, but of course I'm only going by pictures, so take it for what it's worth. I plan on possibly adding a full splitter to the bottom depending on what the actual product ends up as. That, combined with a large extractor scoop in the hood and a functional diffuser in the rear along with a flat-underside and a slightly raked stance, should create a well planted Fiero at speed (I mean real speed, not the 120mph the stock V6 can barely get up to... my literbike can do that in a few seconds with only one shift. ) It may add drag vs. the stock aero bumper based on the flat shape, but that's what the big turbo is for. I'm more concerned about downforce, or at least the absence of lift.

Darn, I wish I could justify spending the $$$ on one of those amazing 355 interiors too.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-18-2010).]

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I planned for the things mentiond by ALLTRBO. I aquired a 2003 Mustang Cobra hood and am stealing SOULCRUSHER's idea and making it my extractor. I am removing the Aero Wing from my car and going with the small Camaro style spoiler. I think all these combined will make a very nice looking and functional vehicle.

Shelby
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Can you try placing a regular license plate on it, I am going to have to have it, and I am trying to figure different angles, and mounting locations.

I may attempt to get away with it in the front window for awhile.

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I have that problem too, and the window thing doesn't work here. :/

Here's no plate at all, had to do that first. I'll try a plate later, it's bedtime past.
Knowing me, I'll have to touch up this 50 more times before I'm almost satisfied with it. :/ (Not before I attempt a US plate addition first, though.)

G'night

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kinda stumbled on doing this by accident initially, then just went with it. Heh.

Mid-afternoon rainshower clear.

Sorry, no plate just yet, not enough time to hunt down a good one.

(I really need to stop post whoring this pic, it's going to get old quick... Well, free bump)

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-23-2010).]

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you post a picture of a 355 nose as a comparison? Just looking at it, its hard to tell the diff. Maybe its just me.

Vinny
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go, this is Bridgetown's car with Amida's Fi355 nose. It's rounder, and more 'smiley'. The lower lip doesn't extend all the way across, and is a different style. It doesn't have the lower intake ducts, isn't quite as low to the ground, and the turn signals and fogs are different. I also failed to add the splitter (that will be molded onto the Fi512 nose) to the PS above. See the first pic in this thread for that on the real 512TR.
They aren't night and day different (mainly because of the general mouth shape), but in my eyes the 512 better fits the Fiero styling.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-23-2010).]

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I do like the 512 better! Good work

Vinny
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you're telling Amida good work and not me, I'm just one of the impatient b@$t@rd$ waiting for mine. (Kidding, no rush. I don't even have my car with me right now, heh)
Also keep in mind that the Fi512 turn signal/fog combo will likely look different than the PS.

For the record, I think the Fi355 bumper looks great with the right mods done to compliment it, like Bridgetown's car in its finished form (I used that unfinished pic because of the similar angle). I just prefer this one instead. Aesthetics are fully subjective.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-24-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sectioning of the 512tr nose to reduce width by 4.5" & to add a more pointed profile to match the Fiero body line.

Prelude lights being mocked-up. It just doesn't have the right shape. The Expedition lights would be better.

The Expedition lights fit the design better...I'll probably standardize on these. The turn signals are '90 CRX, but I would use another one that is shorter if I can find it.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-24-2011).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, lookin' great! Is ther an amber bulb available for the clear turn signal? I think either would be fine but whatever you decide works for me I will have your fender badges to you next week.

Will
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work; you have a pm.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, Sure! Rob,
now that I have your 355 nose you come out with this one LOL! JK.
I love it and I can't wait to see it once it is done. I may have to build another car so i can use that new nose
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Oh, Sure! Rob,
now that I have your 355 nose you come out with this one LOL! JK.
I love it and I can't wait to see it once it is done. I may have to build another car so i can use that new nose
D.

I just wished that there was more time in a day & I had more youthful energy to work longer. In addition to the new Fi512 nose, I also have a full Fi355 interior to complete, for a modified Fiero in Florida. Also, I would really like to finish my "F6" widetrack project in time for the summer show season. Maybe I should try drinking Redbull.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just wished that there was more time in a day & I had more youthful energy to work longer. In addition to the new Fi512 nose, I also have a full Fi355 interior to complete, for a modified Fiero in Florida. Also, I would really like to finish my "F6" widetrack project in time for the summer show season. Maybe I should try drinking Redbull.

LOL! I understand. To much sugar in RedBull for me, I would be bouncing off the walls and still not get enough done
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Rob, lookin' great! Is ther an amber bulb available for the clear turn signal? I think either would be fine but whatever you decide works for me I will have your fender badges to you next week.

Will

All of the clear turn signals that I purchased off Ebay were shipped with amber bulbs. However, I really like the LED turn signal idea. I'll have to continue my search for a strip that is about 1 5/8" tall .
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For something that short, but taller than a regular LED strip (which would be cool), you might need to go with a side marker, something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...?hash=item3a53ffe694

Though I don't know if the various options would fit or be bright enough or whatever. Edit: I see those above are way too small, I missed the dimensions before. 13/16" tall and 3 5/16" long. You may find some larger, though. I dunno, just trying to help.

BTW, looks good so far. I don't understand how you section something with a compound curve then make it look like it started out that way, That's pretty crazy awesome.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-26-2010).]

fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for #8; deposit sent via paypal.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,
Could you give me the rough dimensions of the mouth opening? (length & height)
I'm going to stuff this (or one like it) in there if it can be made to fit.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida,
Could you give me the rough dimensions of the mouth opening? (length & height)
I'm going to stuff this (or one like it) in there if it can be made to fit.

Steve,

It's the same dimensions as on the fi355 nose: 29.5" L x 5" H

Tha's a turbo intercoolor, what motor are you using?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-27-2010).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I kinda stumbled on doing this by accident initially, then just went with it. Heh.

Mid-afternoon rainshower clear.

Sorry, no plate just yet, not enough time to hunt down a good one.

(I really need to stop post whoring this pic, it's going to get old quick... Well, free bump)

S'all good

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve,

It's the same dimensions as on the fi355 nose: 29.5" L x 5" H

Tha's a turbo intercoolor, what motor are you using?

Great, thanks! Looks like those dimensions will fill it up perfectly if I'll have enough depth to get it in there. That'll be my Fi512's 'custom grille', much like the air/air IC in my Camaro.

Yeah, it's the heat exchanger (a.k.a. radiator) part of a water/air intercooler setup. It isn't completed yet, but I have a Turbo Grand Prix 3.1L V6 with a late Gen III top end and a nice big turbo, for now (very stout high-revving "3200" destroker shortblock to come later for that turbo to really fill up).
That's it in a nutshell, but my build thread is listed in my sig if you get really bored, heh.

Steven

------------------
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
The rest of my cars are all - FOR SALE

There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-27-2010).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
El Bumpola.

Brad
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There sure was a lot of chatter (positive) about this nose at Daytona.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final mock-up of F6 widetrack splitter before Fi355 nose is removed to makeway for new Fi512 nose project.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down as a buyer. Sending PM for deposit info.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heck ya, thats the best one yet!!!
Dogcreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy smokes Amida!! Now we are talking... That looks GREAT!

Jeff (INW Fieros - Spokane)

------------------

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For clarification on Amida's part (just in case there is any confusion), that is the Fi355 nose with an addition, not the Fi512 nose that this thread is about.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-04-2010).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey ALLTRBO, can I ask you a favor. PM sent.

Hey, and more pics

Brad

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Hey ALLTRBO, can I ask you a favor. PM sent.

Hey, and more pics

Brad

Replacing the failed clutch...need to be able to turn the car around in the garage.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose mould being prepped for lay-up. Flanges & some sections will be used as donors to help build the model for the new Fi512 nose.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock