Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deposit sent. It sounds like we only need one more person!
IP: Logged
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

OBTW, are there going to mounting provisions for the lights you decide on, or do we need to do it ourselves? I wasn't too clear on that.

I think to visually match it up with the aero side skirts you'd just need to make a slightly 'raised' area for the silhouette of the skirts instead of keeping it mostly flat, if that makes any sense, kind of like the stock nose and Will's side profile photoshop above.

The sides are not completely flat, there is a design line extending from the lower edge of the intake going all the way to the sides.

There'll be a cup for the foglights, but I'm also looking at a turnsignal/foglight combo from the Prelude which looks to have the right shape and are now cheap to get. Beforehand the foglights were $300/pr. from JDM (Japanese domestic market). Now you can get both turn signals & foglights for about $100.00/set. Available in clear, smoke, or amber.

Rob
Fierovation

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-08-2010).]

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob those look really good. And just to let everyone know. I am in and have been since Rob decided to take money for the project. This nose will look exceptional Rob. I think I am going to fill the opening with stainless steel mesh weave like whats on the Cadillac CTS-V grill but have mine done in black chrome. What is your take on that?

Shelby
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh Now I see, it was not till I put them side by side that I saw the difference. The "competitors" 355 has a longer sloped nose. I would not be as critical as to say it is "Ugly" just a different style is all, and not a bad front end at all for $400. I do have to say I like the shorter one a bit better though

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Rob those look really good. And just to let everyone know. I am in and have been since Rob decided to take money for the project. This nose will look exceptional Rob. I think I am going to fill the opening with stainless steel mesh weave like whats on the Cadillac CTS-V grill but have mine done in black chrome. What is your take on that?

Shelby

I'm waiting for a sample to arrive to try out. It looks promising.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ahhh Now I see, it was not till I put them side by side that I saw the difference. The "competitors" 355 has a longer sloped nose. I would not be as critical as to say it is "Ugly" just a different style is all, and not a bad front end at all for $400. I do have to say I like the shorter one a bit better though

More choices to choose from is what we all want.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, does the honey comb piece that goes under the nose stay on or is it removed?
Mike
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Rob, does the honey comb piece that goes under the nose stay on or is it removed?
Mike

If you mean the plastic eggcrate... that is removed.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s it.
Thanks
fierov8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me as interested.........on the fence, might fall off.....

Quick question -- what about side moulding/arrowhead/side marker -- will this reuse the stock parts? I'll be bold and state a preference -- I think that if you leave it off, the molding seems a little unfinshed.......would prefer if it was left on.

thx,

-jeff d
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierov8:

Count me as interested.........on the fence, might fall off.....

Quick question -- what about side moulding/arrowhead/side marker -- will this reuse the stock parts? I'll be bold and state a preference -- I think that if you leave it off, the molding seems a little unfinshed.......would prefer if it was left on.

thx,

-jeff d

Side mouldings will be kept on.

PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The prelude foglights just arrived. They're about the same size as the explorer lights. The main difference is the angle of the lense surface which has a downward sloping face , whereas the Explorer light lense is closer to vertical. What's great about the Prelude lights is that both turn signals & foglights are a matching set & are available in clear, smoke , and amber. Will have to do some trial fitting to have a look. Both lights are cheap to get on Ebay.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-12-2010).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure you will figure out the best way to do it.

Please keep the price of each fog lamp/ signal housing in mind when deciding. I may have to go without lights/blinkers until I save enough to get them if they are too much.

Brad
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by ghost187x:

Mine will be sent sunday the 14th. if i sell my kindle 2 then i can help chip in already lol.

Kinda glad right now that you didn't go for my offer. Tight tight right now.

Brad
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked out thirdgen Camaro front turn signals?
I'm not against either of your ideas as I'm sure you'll make them look like they belong there (right? ), just thought I'd add another possible option (maybe with an additional skinnier light above or below these). You could use them as turn signals or fogs, and they're inexpensive.

Stock Style

Clear

Smoked

...Of course I may just be biased, as my thirdgen Camaro has these lights and I like them. I can even get measurements for you if you'd like.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-12-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you checked out thirdgen Camaro front turn signals?
I'm not against either of your ideas as I'm sure you'll make them look like they belong there (right? ), just thought I'd add another possible option (maybe with an additional skinnier light above or below these). You could use them as turn signals or fogs, and they're inexpensive.

Stock Style

Clear

Smoked

...Of course I may just be biased, as my thirdgen Camaro has these lights and I like them. I can even get measurements for you if you'd like.

Those turnsignals are tall...leaves little room for foglights. Unless, you mount round foglights in the intake grill.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well actually, I remembered that I took measurements for a member a couple years ago, and dug up the PM. Here's what I wrote...

The housing measures right at about 8.25"w x 2.25"h x 4.5"d all at the most extreme ends (without the bulb socket in place, that adds a cylinder about 2" long to the depth). It isn't perfectly rectangular so there's some deviation, but it doesn't measure more than that anywhere.

So... they're shorter than the Explorer fogs. If you use these as fogs instead of turn signals (namely the 'clear' version) then add the modded S10 LED turn signals you posted previously, the combo may be close to perfect.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-12-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Pics...

Stock:

Clear:

Smoked:
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics...

Those look like turn signals, there is no aim adjusters & not sure about what foglight bulb & socket to use for that. I'd rather standardize on factory foglights with aim adjusters to keep things simple. But, you can always use your own choice of lights.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tossing in my $.02 I like the Prelude better. I like that angled look. Looking at the stock GT taillights you will notice they angle inward just slightly as well.

Rob you have a PM.
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, that makes sense. I like the Prelude lights also, but I don't see how they match up, but of course I'm only looking at a few pics. If you make those work, I, for one, will be happy with them.

Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Please keep the price of each fog lamp/ signal housing in mind when deciding.

Brad

I got all 4 prelude lights for about $100 on Ebay....not too bad. The fogs even came with bulbs, wire harness, relay & switch.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't type much right now, but I can move around and click the mouse without pain.

It'll look better finished and in real life, but this gives an idea.
I'll throw in the Prelude lights some other time. I imagine they'll look good.

Edit: touched up

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-14-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prelude lights

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-14-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prelude lights

With all due respect to your post, that does not look like the actual shape of the Prelude lights. They don't angle at the bottom toward the grill nearly as much as the factory lamps in fact they curve away from it at least judging from the photos that Rob posted of his replacement lenses

I would celebrate the shape by maybe putting in a round marker or accent light.

Regardless, Rob's work is impeccable and I am sure he will come up with a great looking solution

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-14-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, the camera angle can be deceiving. Don't forget the prelude lights are beveled which can look different from varying vantage points. This is a new photo with the correct installed angle.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob, thanks for the new image! In that case I stand corrected I like the look in ALLTRBO's version better anyway mine was simply a work around

I think the new nose badge will work well though.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is a better representation.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just used the pic of the black Prelude posted above by Rob, it's from the same angle. I apologize if it isn't perfect.

Here's a different angle, but with the (shortened) 512TR yellow tinted lights.

Edit: touched up

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-20-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just used the pic of the black Prelude posted above by Rob, it's from the same angle. I apologize if it isn't perfect.

Here's a different angle, but with the (shortened) 512TR yellow tinted lights.

No apology needed on my behalf, I think your version looks great! I just didn't think the lens was angled (you had it right, I had it wrong) and was looking for a design option. From a different angle it is obvious how the lens flows much more like your version than mine.

\/\/

PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all good.

FWIW, I touched up the red angled PS above again, I'm OCD like that. If you want to change your quote to the touched up version above, feel free to do so. I'm OCD like that. :/
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure like the 512 nose better than the 355 (both are gorgeous) on the Fiero. It looks more "period correct"
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1

I like your emblem too.

(edit: I touched-up the other pic but accidentally updated this pic's URL instead... now it's gone for the time being)

I think the second PS is closer to the final look that we'll see than that of the black head on view. The angles were slightly off on that one, the TR was taken from a higher frontal viewpoint.

I do prefer the slightly more rectangular shape of the stock TR signals, though, but I agree, anything that Rob comes up with will probably look totally awesome.

I could have removed that Euro license plate, but I think it's kinda cool.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-21-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I can't stop drooling over that photoshop ^^^, and I don't even like red! (no offense to anyone)
I hope the completed one looks a whole lot like it!
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok now with ALLTRBO's PS I am stoked to get mine. Now all I need is to finnish everything else so I can put this thing on the car.

Shelby
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I haven't seen an official word... Is this a go, or still waiting for more?
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what about the new gmc terrain lights?

------------------

ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to keep it ALLTRBO's eyes LOL

Shelby
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I haven't seen an official word... Is this a go, or still waiting for more?

Yes...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock