Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 2)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 731 (60277 views)
Last post by: Amida on 11-15-2020 11:11 AM
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really nice if that's a sedan. Love the wheels too.

 
quote
Originally posted by joshh44:

kinda reminds me of an austin martin.


i like it


IP: Logged
Christine
Member
Posts: 1052
From: Denver, Colorado
Registered: Jan 2003


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineClick Here to Email ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as we talked about in the past, I think it may have been a year or two. I am very interested. I am glad to see you are back working on the Fi512 I have always liked it the best. How long until you have it ready for sale? I lost my job of 12 years last March and pretty much my career of 20 years, I have been looking for a year now and there is not much out there for civil designers as no one is building anything substantial right now or will be anytime soon. I am working a new career but it might take a while maybe 6 months to a year, so if that is a time frame you are looking at I am in, I hope.

Christine
IP: Logged
hye_4_life
Member
Posts: 469
From: Clovis, CA
Registered: Jul 2008


Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroFury33:

I would buy THAT bumper in a hearbeat.


Talk about incredible, is that a photoshop? I wish we had more aftermarket options of front bumpers in the fiero world, IMO thats the only department we lack in.


I couldn't agree more! It would've been perfect if that's the way they came from the factory!

Amida, your sketch of your Fi512 nose looks great, but is there any way you can make the bottom lip more like this one? If possible, count me in too!
IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by hye_4_life:


I couldn't agree more! It would've been perfect if that's the way they came from the factory!

Amida, your sketch of your Fi512 nose looks great, but is there any way you can make the bottom lip more like this one? If possible, count me in too!


It does look nice, but I'm sticking with the Ferrari 512tr style. It's a known & recognized exotic with a racing pedigree which brings a certain appeal when combined with the Fiero. It wouldn't be as exciting if I said it was a modified Honda bumper would it?

Also, I'm not knocking Honda...very reliable cars, but I have that same bumper on my minivan. I'd like to stick with something a little more exclusive.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While researching lighting options I found thes Chevy S10 truck LED turn signals. us$109/pr. They might fit if the tail end is cut off. May still be on the tall side however.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Christine:

Well as we talked about in the past, I think it may have been a year or two. I am very interested. I am glad to see you are back working on the Fi512 I have always liked it the best. How long until you have it ready for sale? I lost my job of 12 years last March and pretty much my career of 20 years, I have been looking for a year now and there is not much out there for civil designers as no one is building anything substantial right now or will be anytime soon. I am working a new career but it might take a while maybe 6 months to a year, so if that is a time frame you are looking at I am in, I hope.

Christine


I figured you were long gone.....Sorry about your layoff. I got laidoff once which is how I came to doing this. I may still be doing this in a year...we'll see.
IP: Logged
infinitewill
Member
Posts: 2285
From: Overland Park, KS U.S.A.
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PayPal sent
IP: Logged
Hockaday
Member
Posts: 2165
From: Clifton Park, New York, The States.
Registered: Sep 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Amida:

While researching lighting options I found thes Chevy S10 truck LED turn signals. us$109/pr. They might fit if the tail end is cut off. May still be on the tall side however.





i'm sure this is a stupid question...buti'll ask it anyway haha...do you think those turn signals could be retrofited with different leds to be used as headlights? / Driving lights?

------------------

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Hockaday:


i'm sure this is a stupid question...buti'll ask it anyway haha...do you think those turn signals could be retrofited with different leds to be used as headlights? / Driving lights?



If it can be opened maybe, but alot of lights are bonded together water tight. Also, not sure if LEDs can be legally used as headlights.
IP: Logged
hye_4_life
Member
Posts: 469
From: Clovis, CA
Registered: Jul 2008


Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Amida:


It does look nice, but I'm sticking with the Ferrari 512tr style. It's a known & recognized exotic with a racing pedigree which brings a certain appeal when combined with the Fiero. It wouldn't be as exciting if I said it was a modified Honda bumper would it?

Also, I'm not knocking Honda...very reliable cars, but I have that same bumper on my minivan. I'd like to stick with something a little more exclusive.



You do have a good point. Can you PM with the total amount you need (I want a grille too) and where to send the money. I will have the money at the end of the month. Thanks!
IP: Logged
Christine
Member
Posts: 1052
From: Denver, Colorado
Registered: Jan 2003


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineClick Here to Email ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Amida:

I figured you were long gone.....Sorry about your layoff. I got laidoff once which is how I came to doing this. I may still be doing this in a year...we'll see.


I am still here, no matter how many you make I call dibs on the last one! If I have to sell something to get one of your great works of art that is what I will do to get one.

Christine
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ghost187x
Member
Posts: 1026
From: El Paso, TX
Registered: Oct 2008


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroFury33:

I would buy THAT bumper in a hearbeat.


Talk about incredible, is that a photoshop? I wish we had more aftermarket options of front bumpers in the fiero world, IMO thats the only department we lack in.


well that is from FieroWannabe's photobucket site. he has lots of cool pics so credit goes to fierorumor

[This message has been edited by ghost187x (edited 05-25-2011).]

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found these dual function LED flashers on Ebay for $48/pr . For parking & turn signal.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're on the edge of either hatching this egg, or scrambling it with flame sauce & I'll have to return Will's deposit ( thank you Will ). So, you guys who are sitting on the fence who want to 'wait & see' it's time to stand up & be counted! This may not become a reality without your assistance. Thanks.

Rob "Amida"
Fierovation


[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
FieroWannaBe
Member
Posts: 2231
From: Sussex, Wisconsin
Registered: Oct 2004


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeClick Here to Email FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ghost187x:


well that is from FieroRumor's photobucket site. he has lots of cool pics so credit goes to fierorumor


I actually made that photoshop. It's Yellowstone's car, with a Civic EG front bumper with a Mugen lip (I believe), and Borbet FS wheels.
IP: Logged
ghost187x
Member
Posts: 1026
From: El Paso, TX
Registered: Oct 2008


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:


I actually made that photoshop. It's Yellowstone's car, with a Civic EG front bumper with a Mugen lip (I believe), and Borbet FS wheels.


ok then credit goes to u. lol.
IP: Logged
infinitewill
Member
Posts: 2285
From: Overland Park, KS U.S.A.
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this is what I have planned to do with Rob's masterful work:



\/\/
IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might bite, but I'd have to see it on one first. My only concern is that it'll add lift to the front end (compared to the aero fascia). Design looks pretty cool though, better than the 355 IMHO.

...still waiting on that diffuser.

------------------
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - For Sale (maybe)
(And too many more!)
There's no replacement for turbo placement

IP: Logged
Hockaday
Member
Posts: 2165
From: Clifton Park, New York, The States.
Registered: Sep 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have any shots of those fog lights...ligh output? trying to find one via google...but nothing comes up ;/

------------------

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Hockaday:

do you have any shots of those fog lights...ligh output? trying to find one via google...but nothing comes up ;/



I do not, you should search ebay for ford explorer in both cars & parts sections.
IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I might bite, but I'd have to see it on one first. My only concern is that it'll add lift to the front end (compared to the aero fascia). Design looks pretty cool though, better than the 355 IMHO.

...still waiting on that diffuser.



It may not happen without your support.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT86FASTBACK
Member
Posts: 757
From: Monroeville, PA
Registered: Jul 2009


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKClick Here to Email GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would prob deff get one... I do agree that we need to see one done and on a car. Seems to compliment the fiero body a bit better than the 355... imo...
IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

I would prob deff get one... I do agree that we need to see one done and on a car. Seems to compliment the fiero body a bit better than the 355... imo...


In this depressed Fiero market I'm not doing it alone....if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But, Hopefully some of you guys come through.

Rob
FieroVation

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Amida:
It may not happen without your support.

Well understood. It's just hard to decide for sure, based on my aerodynamic requirements. I want to eliminate lift and add downforce to the front of the car, without introducing too much drag (I ask for a lot, heh), though 500-600bhp would pretty much take care of the drag issue. . That fascia would be very sweet looking though. I think the only thing I don't like so much about it is the height of the lights. I think it would look better if they were the height of the Explorer lights alone.
Definitely match up the side profile to the lines of the side skirts on the Fiero, though. Your Fi355 nose is close, but doesn't quite match up in my eyes, without the splitter anyway.

I'm thinking about it heavily.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you some kind of aerospace engineer? You can always fill the holes & just run with turn signals in that spot, and relocate fogs ( if you use them ) . Thanks, Rob


 
quote
Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Well understood. It's just hard to decide for sure, based on my aerodynamic requirements. I want to eliminate lift and add downforce to the front of the car, without introducing too much drag (I ask for a lot, heh), though 500-600bhp would pretty much take care of the drag issue. . That fascia would be very sweet looking though. I think the only thing I don't like so much about it is the height of the lights. I think it would look better if they were the height of the Explorer lights alone.
Definitely match up the side profile to the lines of the side skirts on the Fiero, though. Your Fi355 nose is close, but doesn't quite match up in my eyes, without the splitter anyway.

I'm thinking about it heavily.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could possibly do that, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard even though I've never fiberglassed before. It might look okay as is, It's just sort of hard to tell. I don't think it will be my deciding factor, at any rate.

From what I can see, this looks even better for the Fiero because the real thing seems to have the grill and vents up really far on the nose, but with the steeper drop from the hood of the Fiero, it should look a bit lower, and better, to my eyes. Do you understand what I mean, and is this what would effectively happen? One last thing, if the side profile drop and angle from the hood to the main part of the nose (where the two pieces meet on your 355 nose) is the same as the 355 nose, it would be perfect. Much unlike the ugly, tacky versions of the 355 nose that slant straight down at a sharp angle. I think you see that, though, and would get it right.

Also, the side vents could be ducted for brake cooling, I like that option a lot.
IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
 
quote
Originally posted by Amida:
What are you some kind of aerospace engineer?

LOL, well I work for NASA building spacecraft and I'm studying to become an Aerospace Engineer, so kinda, but not really.
IP: Logged
Christine
Member
Posts: 1052
From: Denver, Colorado
Registered: Jan 2003


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineClick Here to Email ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK I will commit to buying one and send a deposit.

I hope a few more will commit to one so we can get this project going, come on guys it is only $125 down and $375 when he finishes it. Even though I an unemployed I can swing $125 and save the rest in the next few months.

Amida, how many do you have committed now?

Christine
IP: Logged
twofatguys
Member
Posts: 16465
From: Wheaton Mo. / Virginia Beach Va.
Registered: Jul 2004


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysClick Here to Email twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet another PM sent out

Brad
IP: Logged
ghost187x
Member
Posts: 1026
From: El Paso, TX
Registered: Oct 2008


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine will be sent sunday the 14th. if i sell my kindle 2 then i can help chip in already lol.
IP: Logged
JohnWPB
Member
Posts: 5156
From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Registered: May 2009


Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE your Fi512 bumper! Really nice! I am torn between this one and the 355.

I have to ask, why so much for the 355 bumper ($575) there is another well know bumper vendor here on the forum that charges $400 for it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by JohnWPB:
I have to ask, why so much for the 355 bumper ($575) there is another well know bumper vendor here on the forum that charges $400 for it.

Because that one is ugly. Amida's matches the Fiero lines better and is of great quality as well.
IP: Logged
infinitewill
Member
Posts: 2285
From: Overland Park, KS U.S.A.
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Because that one is ugly. Amida's matches the Fiero lines better and is of great quality as well.


+1
IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I LOVE your Fi512 bumper! Really nice! I am torn between this one and the 355.

I have to ask, why so much for the 355 bumper ($575) there is another well know bumper vendor here on the forum that charges $400 for it.


It takes me another half a day to fabricate that separate upper piece. I personally like the look, but too much labor involved. I'll never do that again.
IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing fiberglass is easy, it's like making paper mache but only toxic.

My plan is to graft the whole upper section & side flanges of the Fi355 nose onto the Fi512. They should look nearly identical from the top side with the same front end length. The fi512 sides will be flatter, more like the GT aero and the height will be like the Fi355 with the chin spoiler. Also, there will be a small chin lip/spoiler moulded at the bottom.

Thanks,

Rob
Fierovation

 
quote
Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I could possibly do that, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard even though I've never fiberglassed before. It might look okay as is, It's just sort of hard to tell. I don't think it will be my deciding factor, at any rate.

From what I can see, this looks even better for the Fiero because the real thing seems to have the grill and vents up really far on the nose, but with the steeper drop from the hood of the Fiero, it should look a bit lower, and better, to my eyes. Do you understand what I mean, and is this what would effectively happen? One last thing, if the side profile drop and angle from the hood to the main part of the nose (where the two pieces meet on your 355 nose) is the same as the 355 nose, it would be perfect. Much unlike the ugly, tacky versions of the 355 nose that slant straight down at a sharp angle. I think you see that, though, and would get it right.

Also, the side vents could be ducted for brake cooling, I like that option a lot.


IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Because that one is ugly. Amida's matches the Fiero lines better and is of great quality as well.


I wouldn't call it ugly, it's just a longer look. But, whoever designed it should have included the side mouldings because 3/4 of the car still have it.
IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To each his own, I'd call it ugly. You're right, it wouldn't look as bad if it looked better. Yellowstone's was designed correctly as far as having a longer nose than yours, but that one isn't available anymore. The others on the market right now look much, much worse to me.
Yours looks great as far as the 355 nose is concerned, it's just not my cup of tea.

However, after you answered my questions above, the 512 nose became my cup of tea. I'm in. Where do I send my deposit?

Is there enough interest yet?

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
Amida
Member
Posts: 2336
From: Seattle, WA. USA
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great! I will PM the info. Thank you for your support.

Rob
Fiervation


 
quote
Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

To each his own, I'd call it ugly. You're right, it wouldn't look as bad if it looked better. Yellowstone's was designed correctly as far as having a longer nose than yours, but that one isn't available anymore. The others on the market right now look much, much worse to me.
Yours looks great as far as the 355 nose is concerned, it's just not my cup of tea.

However, after you answered my questions above, the 512 nose became my cup of tea. I'm in. Where do I send my deposit?

Is there enough interest yet?



IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now about that rear diffuser...

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but it sure would save me a lot on shipping if two pieces were delivered at once. Maybe I (or you) can start a thread specifically for interest in that?

IIRC, this might look a bit like the one you were describing that would be a simpler solution than I had (I agree), and I think it looks great on the Camaro. Just make it a bit more functional and styled slightly more aggressive for the Fiero, and then you can have more of my money.


This is going to be my next DD, BTW (in black).
IP: Logged
ALLTRBO
Member
Posts: 2023
From: College Park, MD
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OBTW, are there going to mounting provisions for the lights you decide on, or do we need to do it ourselves? I wasn't too clear on that.

I think to visually match it up with the aero side skirts you'd just need to make a slightly 'raised' area for the silhouette of the skirts instead of keeping it mostly flat, if that makes any sense, kind of like the stock nose and Will's side profile photoshop above.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock