Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 749 (64545 views)
Last post by: Amida on 04-01-2024 01:17 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would that be DirtyHarry? Fit looks good, it just needs to be trimmed.

Originally posted by exoticse:
Amida,

Harry down here in Orlando finally getting time to test fit his nose he got from you.

IP: Logged
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ace5514:

very nice... and i love the hood! it kinda reminds me of mine a little.

al

It'll look much better with paint.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Would that be DirtyHarry? Fit looks good, it just needs to be trimmed.

yep, the one and only.
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob. You did a tremendous job. I had a body shop friend do some minor work to make it really smooth & then prime it. He was really impressed with your work! What needs trimming?

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dirty Harry

347 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Yes, the hoods do look alike. I like the Pontiac emblem you put on the grill. I've been debating on that.

I cut an opening in the hood behind the radiator under the cowl to get more cooling air through the radiator and intercooler heat exchanger. It also helps to keep the front end from getting light and the headlight doors from flopping open when I get up over 180 mph!

Originally posted by ace5514:

very nice... and i love the hood! it kinda reminds me of mine a little.

al

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

[This message has been edited by Dirty Harry (edited 06-04-2013).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The holes still needed to be cut. A roto dremel cutter works great on fiberglass for detailed cuts. Makes alot of dust though.

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Hi Rob. You did a tremendous job. I had a body shop friend do some minor work to make it really smooth & then prime it. He was really impressed with your work! What needs trimming?

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,, my grill was waiting for me when I got home this evening. I will hopefully be able to get some work done on it next weekend and post some pictures.

Thanks!

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-29-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still think Amida should make 20mm wider front fenders. That would be awesome!
FakearriGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FakearriGTSend a Private Message to FakearriGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey there peoples, wondering if anyone has pictures of how they mounted this to the car, or a good discussion on it.

this is the issue, from what i can tell the only way this secures to the car is the wheel well and if you build a bracket on the bottom of it to re-enforce it, so that said how did YOU attach yours to your car, any help appreciated, thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Amida,

Harry down here in Orlando finally getting time to test fit his nose he got from you.

How things going on this project?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure Harry has missed the last few meetings (except last month - and i missed that one hehe). I will get you an update when we meet up next week.
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car above looks great, I would love to see pics if any more work been done..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making another production run before it gets too cold. Anyone else need a Fi512 nose?

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love one, but have a bit more to go before buying a new bumper , I hope you will offer them up for sale again in the spring, I just do not have the extra cash right now.

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the Amida's bumper on a Notchback? I've been contemplating putting it on my Formula, but just not 100% sure. I see most of the setups on Fastbacks.

Any pictures you guys can share if anyone has bought it for a Notchie, let me know and post up the pics.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone here knows the Texas owner of the white notchback with the V8. I didn't receive any pics from him.

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Does anyone have any pictures of the Amida's bumper on a Notchback? I've been contemplating putting it on my Formula, but just not 100% sure. I see most of the setups on Fastbacks.

Any pictures you guys can share if anyone has bought it for a Notchie, let me know and post up the pics.

Thanks,
Amir

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe someone here knows the Texas owner of the white notchback with the V8. I didn't receive any pics from him.

Rob, his name is Robert if we are thinking of the same person but I don`t think he comes on here.
When I saw his car and the nose it was a long way from being done.
Mike
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gelcoating of tool. 1 of run of 4. FYI, If you need a nose by next car show season please let me know soon.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-31-2013).]

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My turn! My turn! I finally get to post in this thread. Last week I discovered that my bumper had arrived at the greyhound station so I was out the door ASAP to go pick it up, needless to say I was not disappointed, this thing is beautiful! I was getting a little worried because the shipping was taking so long, come to find out that my package had arrived at the station a long time ago and for some reason they failed to contact me, and their tracking was never updated (but that might be because it was Gary Indiana, more so than Greyhound itself). I am not sure what the deal was there, but thankfully the lady there was very nice and waived the storage fee she was supposed to charge me since it had been there so long. The only way I found it had arrived was because I finally decided to call the 800 number to see what was going on. I am relieved that is in my possession now and I can rest easier.

Anyway, on with a few pictures. The bumper was very nicely boxed, and wrapped.

Now for a couple before pictures of the patient. As you can see the nose is not in very good shape. I bought the car with the current damage, and it actually looked a lot worse because the previous owner had a chin spoiler on there that had like 30 fasteners showing on the front as well as two random pieces of metal to hold it together. It looked so bad that I wanted to remove it before the test drive. It also has about 150 holes in the bottom where the crappy chin spoiler was mounted. The chin spoiler and light covers that are on there currently will live on, on my 86GT. You can see some of the previous owners work left there with his "molded in fog lights" (at least that's how he advertised it).

The surgery is scheduled for early spring, as soon as the snow is melted, because unfortunately I have to do all my work in the driveway. One thing that I do find slightly humorous, is that the fog lights that are currently mounted on the car have a big Ford logo on them, and the fog lights that the new nose calls for are Ford lights with a slightly nice installation of course haha.

------------------

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 01-20-2014).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someone there at Gary Greyhound dropped the ball, no one called me either. Good thing that you called them.

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

I finally decided to call the 800 number to see what was going on. I am relieved that is in my possession now and I can rest easier.

zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather was finally nice enough this past week that I could work on getting my new bumper mounted. It took me a while, mostly due to finding more of the previous owners handy-work when I went to remove the old bumper (all different sized fasteners, some going from the top some from the bottom and some missing)

This bumper fits REALLY well!! I will have to post some pictures when I get home. I still have to wire up the fog lights and make the brackets that go on the bottom of the bumper to the radiator support, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Luckily I saved the inner wheel wells from my 85 coupe parts car because they fit the new bumper without any modification.

------------------

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 04-07-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good and I did the same as you when I did my bumper with installing mesh at the back surface.
I like the way that looks compared to the grille that sits flush with the front.
Mike
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice !
bmcd1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmcd1992Send a Private Message to bmcd1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Amida, do you still have that bumper available and for how much?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM was sent.

Originally posted by bmcd1992:

Hey Amida, do you still have that bumper available and for how much?

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks beautiful. Rob does some incredible work.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to divert too much attention away from the new Fi512 nose, but does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the Fi355 nose that they could share with me by email, PM or even post here (or in another thread)?

I'm finally getting back from a LONG hiatus and I'm ready to finally get my Fi355 nose installed and I can't find my installation instruction sheets ANYWHERE!
YES..YES..I know it's not at all complicated. I really just need to know the dimensions to cut the steel bumper, and would like to keep a copy of the instructions in my files for "posterity"

Can anyone help?

------------------

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Not to divert too much attention away from the new Fi512 nose, but does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the Fi355 nose that they could share with me by email, PM or even post here (or in another thread)?

I'm finally getting back from a LONG hiatus and I'm ready to finally get my Fi355 nose installed and I can't find my installation instruction sheets ANYWHERE!
YES..YES..I know it's not at all complicated. I really just need to know the dimensions to cut the steel bumper, and would like to keep a copy of the instructions in my files for "posterity"

Can anyone help?

Holy Crap!!!! It is ALIVE!!!!!!!! WB Brother

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Holy Crap!!!! It is ALIVE!!!!!!!! WB Brother

Dr. W.

Yes indeed.

Not only alive, but actually IN the garage and moving things around!

Now stop standing there with your mouth hanging open and find me those instructions before I go back inside in the A/C where I belong !!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front bumper trimming tips on page 14 of the Gt Stretch concept thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-14.html

Originally posted by randye:

Can anyone help?

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Front bumper trimming tips on page 14 of the Gt Stretch concept thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-14.html

Thank You VERY much Rob !

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose main section fresh out of the mold...ready for Maxima turn signal resizing.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 nose finished with smoked turn signals.

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice!
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple pictures of how my 512 nose looks after the vinyl wrap, unfortunately I still don't have the entire car done yet. [URL=http://s100.photobucket.com/us er/zdmcdonal/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140429_172138_zps8y5eep68.jpg.html][/URL]http://s100.photobucket.com/user/zdmcdonal/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014 0506_160819_zpsfrvgwuxr.jpg.html

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 06-28-2014).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice blue color.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a beautiful fascia you've created Amida.. absolutely love it.

2tone86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bookmarked this thread awhile ago and I got to say that this is definitely one of the best nose designs out there for the fiero. Amida you do some phenomenal work if you decide to do another run on these in the spring I am definitely interested in one.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida you produced the exact design I’ve always wanted. Put me on your list when ready to make more because I am definitely interested in one.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

Here's a couple pictures of how my 512 nose looks after the vinyl wrap, unfortunately I still don't have the entire car done yet. [URL=http://s100.photobucket.com/us er/zdmcdonal/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140429_172138_zps8y5eep68.jpg.html][/URL]http://s100.photobucket.com/user/zdmcdonal/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014 0506_160819_zpsfrvgwuxr.jpg.html

Car looks great!!!! Is the vinyl rap less than painting? I can see that it could be a lot of work but less than painting.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock