Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Body work was minimal, yet necessary because it is black. The dark colors show every little imperfection. The fit is absolutely great, and it looks awesome. I could have bought other noses for 1/3 the price, but Amida's work has no comparison. Simple the best.
IP: Logged
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too had the body shop work the bumper to get it as smooth as they could; Amida's work it the best I have seen but all fiberglass parts need to be worked to get the paint to lay down like glass. I will say it needed a lot less work than other items I have purchased in the past.

I hooked my fog/driving lights to the Parking lights so I could just use them without the headlights if I want too. The lighs on the side are turning lights and they work with the turn signals.

Originally posted by jackcastro:

Body work was minimal, yet necessary because it is black. The dark colors show every little imperfection. The fit is absolutely great, and it looks awesome. I could have bought other noses for 1/3 the price, but Amida's work has no comparison. Simple the best.

85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a picture of my new F512 nose installed. I ordered with all the holes pre-drilled, and it fitted perfectly. However, it needed much more body work to prep it for paint. After all the expenses (nose, shipping, all extras like drilling holes, cutting openings for the lights, turn signals, foglamps, wiring, body work, paint, emblem, etc, etc) I think the final cost is close to $2K.

WOW that is my favorite ! looks so good in black GREAT job !

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any more pics... What kind of wheels are on there?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, do you know if some of the aftermarket Nissan turn signals are a little different?
I got all of the holes cut out for my lights and mesh but in the middle of where the turn signals go I will have to cut a little deeper than your guide line was drawn for the curve to match the curve of the light housings.
No big deal, I was just wondering.
Can`t wait to get some paint on mine.
Mike
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Rob, do you know if some of the aftermarket Nissan turn signals are a little different?
I got all of the holes cut out for my lights and mesh but in the middle of where the turn signals go I will have to cut a little deeper than your guide line was drawn for the curve to match the curve of the light housings.
No big deal, I was just wondering.
Can`t wait to get some paint on mine.
Mike

The template that I use is traced from an aftermarket Maxima turn signal. maybe there is some variability between makes & brands, but they 'should' all be the same spec. as OEM. I wonder if you got the right model year.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got these Rob, but as I said it`s nothing that a little trimming won`t fix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-...em35b4d37450&vxp=mtr
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got these Rob, but as I said it`s nothing that a little trimming won`t fix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-...em35b4d3745 0&vxp=mtr

The lights look corect. Maybe try adjusting the mountings. The Fiberglass should follow the curve of the lights with about 1/8" gap.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m working on my clip today.
I got the holes cut out and I fiberglassed wire pieces to hold the grille mesh in.
I chose to use all mesh as opposed to the plastic grille that is available from Rob.
Cutting out these holes, Dremal with a diamond cut-off blade is your friend.
Took a while because my dremal would get a little hot, but it makes it easy to cut accurately.
Mike

I went for a little more strength on the front supports and fiberglassed metal bars into the front lip.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-13-2012).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my old facia off and trial fitted Rob`s 512 nose and man does this thing fit well.
It just fell into place like it belonged there.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got my old facia off and trial fitted Rob`s 512 nose and man does this thing fit well.
It just fell into place like it belonged there.

That would look great in red. Maybe you'll be finished before the guy with the white v8.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-19-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, I am done with all the fitting, I just have to finish my molding of the rocker flares I have and then everything is going to get painted.
I like how this nose has just the right amount of height on a lowered car like mine.
It will be good to have a bit more clearance after driving around with the chin spoiler I had.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-20-2012).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If she's been lowered in that picture, I can't imagine how high she must have been...

It's looking very nice, I'm envious!

Nolan
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nolan, I almost lost my drink that I had just sipped before reading your post.
Here it is off of jackstands.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got my nose installed.
Thanks Rob, so much for the incredible work you do.
Mike

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fantastic Mike

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dr W
Please post pics of yours when you get it installed.
Mike
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike

That came out nicely... Looks like a factory job.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks my random photoshop on page 4 from 2.5 years ago wasn't too far off.

Your cars look great with this bumper. My favorite "production" nose hands down.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 09-19-2012).]

BobJones97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobJones97Send a Private Message to BobJones97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All four wheels back on the ground for the first time in 18 months!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike

Nice!!! Looks great in red and right at home on the Fiero
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Bobjones97
Thanks doublec4
I`m taking mine back in next week to have the nose resprayed to match up the paint better.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 09-20-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobJones97:

All four wheels back on the ground for the first time in 18 months!

Looks great! But your camera is not so hot.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-20-2012).]

j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Need feedback

Did some searching and found these.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...5684181&s=automotive

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by j bf1:

Hi all,

Need feedback

Did some searching and found these.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...5684181&s=automotive

Cool. Thanks.
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,

In regards to the lights..... Ford Expedition are 03-06 and Nissan Maxima 95-99

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Designing the mountings for the lights. I will be standardizing on the 03-04 Ford Expedition foglights & 95-96 Nissan Maxima turn signals, same ones used on the Fi355, which have the right curve & most ideal mounting tabs for this application.

Lighting info from prior page.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a picture of my new F512 nose installed.

Please post more pics of this nice black one.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question for those of you who have installed your new nose. What have to done for your driving light switch? I haven't found what I would consider an acceptable solution.

Dr. W.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made mine work with the parking light switch so I can have them on with out the headlights if I want but they are on with the headlights but they are not super bright so it is ok.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran a wire from the low beam wire to a switch inside and then to a relay.
I always run the driving lights with my low beams on and I rarely use the high beams because I set the driving lights far enough up to see fine but not to blind oncoming traffic.
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both viable solutions, thanks for the feedback Unfortunately it is illegal to run driving lights when approaching oncoming traffic and I was ticketed years ago for failing to turn off my DL (State Trooper late at night being an A$$) I will have to run a switch.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-11-2013).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, here in Texas you can`t have more than 4 illuminated lights in the front so I`m covered.
Now I`m just waiting to see if I get pulled over for no front license plate because last year they had the law that stated you had to have a front plate but there was no penalty written in at the beginning of 2012.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a sweet front clip! Are they for sale?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just PM Rob on this thread (Amida)
He will give you all of the specifics about ordering the nose.
Mike
K-Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for K-ZSend a Private Message to K-ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey amida, can you or someone else in this thread direct me to the thread on your wide body? I can't find it to save my life
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by K-Z:

Hey amida, can you or someone else in this thread direct me to the thread on your wide body? I can't find it to save my life

It is in the Construction Zone Amida's Thread
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's now been a couple of years...But I'm in for the 512 nose if it's still available?
We just bought an 88GT!
Kind regards,
Beej
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida,

Harry down here in Orlando finally getting time to test fit his nose he got from you.

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice... and i love the hood! it kinda reminds me of mine a little.

al
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock