Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 749 (64552 views)
Last post by: Amida on 04-01-2024 01:17 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

I had forgotten about the 512 bumper...DARNIT ALL!!!!
I just bought a Trueleo Intake....ghhrrrrrrr.

wanna trade? haha

guess I need to save up every penny this spring.

Amida - please shoot me a PM with price and details about the lights. also, shipping to Pewaukee, WI, 53072 for the 512 bumper, and the cost for a grill as well
too bad you don't make the 355 bumpers anymore. they were much better than the other versions froma couple companies.

glad to see you're still at it though

huh ?? Where did you get the idea he was not making the 355 nose anymore ??
IP: Logged
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Thanks!
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder how this bumper would look on a 2 tone painted fiero? If it would look funny with the bottom part painted a different color to match the factory ground effects.

[This message has been edited by boysatt (edited 05-08-2012).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Wonder how this bumper would look on a 2 tone painted fiero? If it would looks funny with the bottom part painted a different color to match the factory ground effects.

Bozzie has one in primer : //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/088195-3.html

I would put the color change at the side molding line.
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Bozzie has one in primer : //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/088195-3.html

I would put the color change at the side molding line.

Ya the color change on the body side molding would look good, but that's not how my car will be painted. I see there is a body line about 5 inches up from the bottom of the nose, just wondering if I painted from there down black to match my the ground effects on my gt if it would look good or stupid.

Whats your eta on having another bumper ready if I want another one? I already got one from you that's still in the box but going to be mounted soon so I have the car ready for the Dells Run at the end of the month.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya the color change on the body side molding would look good, but that's not how my car will be painted. I see there is a body line about 5 inches up from the bottom of the nose, just wondering if I painted from there down black to match my the ground effects on my gt if it would look good or stupid.

Whats your eta on having another bumper ready if I want another one? I already got one from you that's still in the box but going to be mounted soon so I have the car ready for the Dells Run at the end of the month.

I'm missing something here, is there another car?

I think only the GT nose can get away with that two tone line since the molding goes all the way around the car.

The side scoops with the sloped molding is a good way to get around that.

boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own 11 Fiero's. I am building one for my girlfriend now thats a 86 GT. I have no good gt front bumpers so I have to buy one anyways thats why I was thinking of doing another 512 bumper. Her car is going to be pink with lower section black.

Originally posted by Amida:

I'm missing something here, is there another car?

I think only the GT nose can get away with that two tone line since the molding goes all the way around the car.

The side scoops with the sloped molding is a good way to get around that.

[This message has been edited by boysatt (edited 05-09-2012).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was undecided about getting one of these, but after seeing the pics of one on Bozzie`s car and seeing one in person in San Antonio and the quality and fit I was sold.
I have mine ordered, can`t wait.
Mike
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I was undecided about getting one of these, but after seeing the pics of one on Bozzie`s car and seeing one in person in San Antonio and the quality and fit I was sold.
I have mine ordered, can`t wait.
Mike

Mike, I don't remember sending one to SanAntonio. Can you post a pic of it?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I own 11 Fiero's. I am building one for my girlfriend now thats a 86 GT. I have no good gt front bumpers so I have to buy one anyways thats why I was thinking of doing another 512 bumper. Her car is going to be pink with lower section black.

11 Fieros is a bit much.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn`t get a pic of it.
I don`t think the owner comes on Pennock`s but I`m pretty sure he got it from you.
I know when I had brought up getting one from you he took me to his shop in SA and I saw it.
I think he actually lives in Corpus, so it`s hard to say where it was shipped to.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 05-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a lot of thought, I have decided to go with the F512 nose on my black GT. I just placed my order today with Amida. Here is a picture of my 88 yellow t-tops GT, 4.9 conversion with Amida's F355 nose.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow you will have two amida noses,...that will be very impressive.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally getting my bumper test fit. I know its a little last minute, but I wanted it on for the dells since my stock bumper was killed buy a jack rabbit at 150mph.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT, 2000 Corvette Coupe Z06 conversion
projects and parts for sale.[/COLOR][/b]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Mike.

Seems to me you always "Cram Prepare" for the Dells !!!

I am just about ready................
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just LOVE my new Nose job !!!

Thanks Amidia !!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...since my stock bumper was killed buy a jack rabbit at 150mph.

Wow! That was a fast Jack Rabbit!!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Wow! That was a fast Jack Rabbit!!

and smart too...gave him a reason to get a nose job...
looks awsome on both cars!!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So happy, mine on it`s way this next week.
Mike

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally getting my bumper test fit. I know its a little last minute, but I wanted it on for the dells since my stock bumper was killed buy a jack rabbit at 150mph.

Lookin good. Nice hood.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

The light has a blueish hue...is that H.I.D. ?

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Rob. 8000k HID kit. As soon as the fog lights come in i'll put the same in those !!

RIck
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

I get SO many compliments on this nose Rob.....Thanks
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just doing some visualizing with striping tape on a double intake idea I got from looking at a Chevy Malibu. A possibility with a saw & some bodywork.

Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see more photos of this thing on stock or stock-ish Fieros, it would be nice to see it form different angles on a car. It looks excellent.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone ask Christine for some more shots of her 512 bumper? It looks awesome from this picture.

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it took so long for me to post. I did get the nose on my GT and it looks great, we did some cornering lights on the side too. I had the body shop take pictures but I do not have them all yet and the ones I have a low resolution. Here they are and a few I took at the car show the other day. It was the first time I ever won anything against cars that were not Fieros so it was cool. I won second in the open class, which surprised me, as there were many nice cars in my class that day.

Body Shop Pics

Lights in bumper

Photo Bucket Link to all the pictures:
Nose Pictures: http://s920.photobucket.com...ristine/512%20build/
Car Show Pictures: http://s920.photobucket.com...20for%20Life%202012/
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent post and nice pictures!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 07-19-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Sorry it took so long for me to post. I did get the nose on my GT and it looks great, we did some cornering lights on the side too. I had the body shop take pictures but I do not have them all yet and the ones I have a low resolution. Here they are and a few I took at the car show the other day. It was the first time I ever won anything against cars that were not Fieros so it was cool. I won second in the open class, which surprised me, as there were many nice cars in my class that day.

Nice pics... Congrats on the trophy!
PFF
System Bot
BobJones97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobJones97Send a Private Message to BobJones97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally making some headway on mine... I know it looks rather crappy still, I've got a lot of work to do yet. I'm just happy to have the car all one color again. Fit is PERFECT, thanks again Rob!

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m about to start fitting my front clip and was wondering if you can tap into the headlight wires to power the fog lights or is it better to have a separate circuit?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I`m about to start fitting my front clip and was wondering if you can tap into the headlight wires to power the fog lights or is it better to have a separate circuit?

I ran an accessory lead from the fuse box through the grommet in the bulkhead under the corner of the windshield.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of my new F512 nose installed. I ordered with all the holes pre-drilled, and it fitted perfectly. However, it needed much more body work to prep it for paint. After all the expenses (nose, shipping, all extras like drilling holes, cutting openings for the lights, turn signals, foglamps, wiring, body work, paint, emblem, etc, etc) I think the final cost is close to $2K.

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackcastro:

Here is a picture of my new F512 nose installed. I ordered with all the holes pre-drilled, and it fitted perfectly. However, it needed much more body work to prep it for paint. After all the expenses (nose, shipping, all extras like drilling holes, cutting openings for the lights, turn signals, foglamps, wiring, body work, paint, emblem, etc, etc) I think the final cost is close to $2K.

Damn that is looking really sharp man. I hope you think it was worth it because it looks great. Peace

Pete

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jackcastro, what kind of bodywork did the nose need?
Besides trimming up a little fiberglass on the edges and sanding down the mould marks the surface of mine looks nearly flawless.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackcastro:

That looks great in black ! New dash coming soon...please, spend more money.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-29-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobJones97:

Finally making some headway on mine... I know it looks rather crappy still, I've got a lot of work to do yet. I'm just happy to have the car all one color again. Fit is PERFECT, thanks again Rob!

Lookin' good...please post pics when you get it done.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock