Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived in KC Monday but I have been out of town all week so I will pick it up from Grayhound tomorrow morning.

Dr. W

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

IP: Logged
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is home, here are a few pictures.

The packing was the best, even the guy at Greyound said it was best he has seen of car parts. A+

The quality of this is top notch, the best I have seen.

It came with lighting note and instructions on the bumper, very nice.

Light brackets, just as good as the bumper.

Next to my Fiero, it wanted to see its new bumper, I think it was happy.

Very nice work, I am very happy with the product, I feel it was a good deal and well worth the price.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad it went to a good home. Be sure to post pics in this thread when it's installed.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will post the install picks and I am sure the others will too, but maybe one of us should start a new thread were we can all post our installs, so it is not at the end of Amida’s nose build thread. Amida said he was going to start a new thread in the mall so he would have a new thread too.

Maybe call it the: Amida's Fi512 installs or something, I think it would be cool to see them all in one thread and see what we all do different and help each other if we have problems or questions.

If anyone starts a new thread post a link here so we can follow it and post to it.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christine,
You car looks great in person already. I can't wait to see pics with the new front cover!
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I discovered that the Honda socket has the same index tabs as the Nissan...perhaps it's a Japanese auto standard. But, this is just a side marker socket (2-wire), you'll need the 3-wire version for turn signals.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats one sexy nose! Great work!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Backside view of sockets being test fitted. Ideally, it's best to use Nissan sockets ( right angle if possible), but I'm using aftermarket GM sockets. The light housings need grinding to make them fit. The right angle type has more clearance than the straight Fiero sockets.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

Thats one sexy nose! Great work!

Thanks to all, lots a work though.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-18-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Turn signal power-on test. Smoked lens with amber bulb #3157.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fog light power-on test. Connection made to the existing relay circuit that I previously installed for the 3" round lights on the Fi355 nose.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-18-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fantastic job as always Rob.

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheelwell tub installed. The Fi512 nose was designed around the '88 Formula tub which will need to be shaved down just slightly. If your Fiero has a GT aero nose then you will have to trim your edges to follow the new contour of the nose.

Notice the recessed edge for a flush fitting tub just like on the factory nose.

Wheel mounted.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-20-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lower support bracing.

The nose will need to be supported along the bottom side to stabilize & strengthen the panel to withstand driveway impacts & wind force pressure at highway speeds. The braces also helps to prop-up the nose ( I noticed that the hood gap opens up without the bracing ), and minimize panel flexing which over time can lead to spiderweb cracking in the surface gelcoat if the panel flexes too much.

I made three parallel braces using 16ga. "U" channels ( 1/8" flat bar should work just a well ) and attached them to the nose and lower radiator pan with 1/4" bolts.

Although the sides seem pretty stable with just the front braces alone, you can add side braces as an added measure. The stir stick is just taped on to show where it can be mounted.

Very solid with support braces in place.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-24-2011).]

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work!!
FakearriGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FakearriGTSend a Private Message to FakearriGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm, the only concern i have is with my Kit, i don't have the side marker or the groove for it and i've already paid for you to make one, i'm guessing you wouldn't be able to make it flush, so i suppose i'll have to figure somethin out, oh joy.
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob:

When can I expect my bumper (believe I'm #9) to be shipped?

Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it the same kit as the Jersey shore widebody? It also omits the belt molding, but there's a certain way to install the fender.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086471.html

Originally posted by FakearriGT:

hmmm, the only concern i have is with my Kit, i don't have the side marker or the groove for it and i've already paid for you to make one, i'm guessing you wouldn't be able to make it flush, so i suppose i'll have to figure somethin out, oh joy.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't heard back from a few guys so I should be moving up sooner.

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Hi Rob:

Harry

FakearriGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FakearriGTSend a Private Message to FakearriGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's my car, notice how the front is pretty different, but i think urs will look fine should fit, but no side marker slot mmmm
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, a testarossa kit. The new nose will go great with it. Yes, you will have to do some work on the sides to blend it together. It looks like your bonnet & fenders are stock, and it looks like there's a crack in the front end.

here's my car, notice how the front is pretty different, but i think urs will look fine should fit, but no side marker slot mmmm

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-22-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Optional Fi512 grills. Anyone else who needs one better let me know.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Harry, where is your nearest Greyhound station?

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Hi Rob:

Harry

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replied to your e-mail. Thanks.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After fabrication the optional Fi512 grills get a satin black coating.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-23-2011).]

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

After fabrication the optional Fi512 grills get a satin black coating.

I like what i believe i see to be a filter system for your spray painting - more details

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the 512 Amida nose will look very good on your car, the side marker slot can be easly filled in and should be no problem to blend with what you have.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forget looking 'very good', the 512 nose will TRANSFORM that thing.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I like what i believe i see to be a filter system for your spray painting - more details

Hey Rob, Yes it's a vent box that I made to use four 20 inch , wire framed, paint booth filters. Powered by a gable fan ( 18,000cfm I think) which blows all the fumes up a 12inch duct up to the roof. It helps a lot to keep the air clean around the work area. In the photo there is only a dust/gelcoat filter fabric. I will use paint booth filters when I'm spraying catalyzed paints.

When you're working around fiberglass, grinding dust, paint & resin fumes on a daily basis, unless kept under control, it will take a toll on your health...respiratory, liver, kidney, central nerve system. I ALWAYS wear a dust mask when sanding/grinding, or a respirator when fumes are present. So, now I have a semi-permanent mask impression on my face.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-24-2011).]

FakearriGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FakearriGTSend a Private Message to FakearriGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the good words guys! yea my body guy won't touch the car till i get a new front end for it, so once i get amida's front he'll work his magic, and bring this thing back from the terminal ward.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the good words guys! yea my body guy won't touch the car till i get a new front end for it, so once i get amida's front he'll work his magic, and bring this thing back from the terminal ward.

Hah! I saw the pictures of your car when you first posted them dude, and the very first thought I had was 'the nose looks strange, it'd look ten times better with one of Amida's Fi512s...'
It should look really great!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Packing up for trip to Longwood, Florida.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Packing up for trip to Longwood, Florida.

Allllright !

Dirty Harry, can't wait to see your new nose.
WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a build thread for this car?

Rob,

There isnt. altho I do have two three ring binders and far too many pictures documenting the entire build.
as a business owner, I just dont have the time to do that. Maybe someday in the future.

I built the car as a "just for fun" project and something to do in my spare time as I alway admired the engineering and style.
The 3.8 was just a shoe in. and had to be done. I looked at the n* but it was just too much for what I wanted

Heres the latest project: 41 willy's Truck...

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.

Originally posted by boysatt:

I can't wait till you have my bumper ready, that looks awesome and it will make my car look so much nicer.

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm selling my deposit for the nose.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/059057.html

Make an offer, and save a little money in the process. Heck, if you are an established PFF member you can pay me later.

As the ad states I paid 25% (125.00) back in 2010, and because of my current plans to hike the AT it would not be prudent to purchase this. Amida told me I could sell my deposit, and I'm more concerned with making sure he makes money at this point. I still love the nose, and will get one later, I just had to prioritize over the past year.

Brad
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DONE.

Whoever takes his place will be next in line for shipping since Brad was one of the early guys.

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I'm selling my deposit for the nose.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/059057.html

Make an offer, and save a little money in the process. Heck, if you are an established PFF member you can pay me later.

As the ad states I paid 25% (125.00) back in 2010, and because of my current plans to hike the AT it would not be prudent to purchase this. Amida told me I could sell my deposit, and I'm more concerned with making sure he makes money at this point. I still love the nose, and will get one later, I just had to prioritize over the past year.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-04-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock