Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
Dirty Harry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anticipation is mounting!

My car can't wait.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Harry (edited 08-25-2011).]

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Amida,
Just thought I would pop in here and tell you that is looking FANTASTIC.... best looking fiero nosecone I have ever seen. I especially like the way you made it work with the lights and fogs and whatnot. I sure hope you sell a bunch because it looks like a bunch of work. I think you will because it looks amazing. I cannot wait to see one completed on a car and painted to match. Should make for a really beautiful comin' atcha shot... Nice work man.... peace

Pete

Ya, but too bad the Fiero market potential is so small and will keep getting smaller as the car gets older. I will have to eventually trade up for a Vette or something with mass potential & start over again. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by boysatt:

I can't wait till you have my bumper ready, that looks awesome and it will make my car look so much nicer.

Nice pair of rides.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The shipping boxes are currently on order, and I should be picking them up in a few days. The size is not a problem with Greyhound, but Fedex has a size restriction so I had to call the box people back to reduce the dimensions to stay within Fedex's limit. It'll be a snug fitting box. Fedex Ground quotes, by the way, are about $75-$100 more than Greyhound, so shipping via Greyhound PackageXpress is the most economical method.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida sounds like you got 9 or 10 guys ready to buy already !?

How many noses have you pulled from the mold ?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Amida sounds like you got 9 or 10 guys ready to buy already !?

How many noses have you pulled from the mold ?

There about. How many do you need?...JJ

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-26-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Hye_4_Life and FieroGT455 still visiting this forum? I hope so because I still have their deposits.
WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
What rear spoiler & sail panels do you have on the red car?

Rob,

The sails are the fiero parts store.

The rear spoiler I had made by a fellow here in Clackamas, Or.
We started with a spoiler off a honda accord and cut it up and custom built a mock up. Very simular to what you did here.

He then made a mold of the top and the botttom and pulled three tops and five bottoms. We selected the best one of each and then built the one.

His son had a keg/barn party on new years eve in 2004 and the barn caught fire and he lost everything that was in it including the molds.

I was fortunate enought to had just picked up the one he had joined together and took the car and spoiler to the shop for installation and paint three weeks prior to the fire.

"Wanna take a molding"?

If your at all intrested Il'l take some photos so you can get a better idea what it look like, He did a great job.
has a rear center brake lite as well that flashes around 5 or 6 times each time you hit the brakes before it stays on solid.

I could easily drive up for the day or weekend as we come to seattle about 5 time a year.

All the best.

[This message has been edited by WMac (edited 08-27-2011).]

hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is Hye_4_Life and FieroGT455 still visiting this forum? I hope so because I still have their deposits.

Hi Rob,
PM sent. Thanks!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WMac:

Rob,

The sails are the fiero parts store.

The rear spoiler I had made by a fellow here in Clackamas, Or.

Is there a build thread for this car?
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After trimming, grinding & drilling the sample unit returns to the Formula for a test fit.

I love it Rob. Can someone do a photochop on Black Death. I need to see it before I commit (or get comitted). If it looks like I think it will I will order one after I start my new job.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a couple 5/32" pop rivets to the mounts as an added measure just in case the urethan adhesive shakes loose. Wouldn't want the lights falling out of the nose while on the highway.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,
I have been following the thread here and there and missed the part where you informed us of the price lol. How much is the bumper going to be and does it come with the fog light/driving light combo? If not, where do we purchase those from? I'm very interested in ordering and didn't know when it would be available for purchase.

Thank you,
Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Amida,
I have been following the thread here and there and missed the part where you informed us of the price lol. How much is the bumper going to be and does it come with the fog light/driving light combo? If not, where do we purchase those from? I'm very interested in ordering and didn't know when it would be available for purchase.

Thank you,
Amir

I will have to make a mall thread. PM sent. Anyone interested in this nose please PM me for info. Thanks.

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent in my final paymet for bumper! I can't wait to get it, I am not sure how long it will take to get it on the car but I will post pictures when I do.
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made final payment today. Rob I sent you a PM

Shelby
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see some cars sporting this setup !
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Can't wait to see some cars sporting this setup !

I went to the body shop today and set up a time slot to get my new nose painted and put on the Fiero, We are going to do some other things and a little touch up while it is at the shop. Famous last words I have said so many times "I might as well do this too or while we are at it lets change this or add this too" I hope to have it in the shop the end of September or the beginning of October. How long it will take will depend on how many "while were at it lets do this moments I have" I will post pictures as soon as we get started.

Here is a before picture

http://www.cardomain.com/ri...5/1987-pontiac-fiero
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

I went to the body shop today and set up a time slot to get my new nose painted and put on the Fiero, We are going to do some other things and a little touch up while it is at the shop. Famous last words I have said so many times "I might as well do this too or while we are at it lets change this or add this too" I hope to have it in the shop the end of September or the beginning of October. How long it will take will depend on how many "while were at it lets do this moments I have" I will post pictures as soon as we get started.

Here is a before picture

http://www.cardomain.com/ri...5/1987-pontiac-fiero

Christine, what have I told you about the 8 most expensive words in the english language, "While I'm at it, I might as well". Looking forward to seeing it on your car.

Time still turns the pages,
of the book it's burned. Joe
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final payment sent today Born to be Blue gets a new nose starting now

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shipping boxes are finally in. I'll first do some gelcoat touch-up to the new parts, the fresh mold is a little sticky yet, then I'll be able to get a couple new noses out shortly.

Doing a quick 'n dirty wrap in red vinyl this time. I'd like to see how the Pro wrappers do it, it's not easy going over the curves and getting all the bubbles & wrinkles out. I'd also like to know how they trim the overlap with a razor without cutting all the way through.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-04-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BEAUTIFUL
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really suck at vinyl wrapping...I get too many bubbles & wrinkles. I should use the appropriate material for wrapping next time, I'm just using a cheaper film for making signs which has no air release channels. But, what the hay it's just for photos anyway. Thanks.

Originally posted by bowrapennocks:

BEAUTIFUL

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Red vinyl wrap just for the not-so-fun of it. Fender is trimmed for installation of a fender flare ( for my widetrack concept ) , I didn't have a stock fender on hand for the photo shoot. Using a spare 18" wheel from a Subaru WRX.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-05-2011).]

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Payment sent.

Harry,

You going to finally throw a coat of paint on that beast??? Your ride is gonna look great!

Dr. W
------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-05-2011).]

FakearriGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FakearriGTSend a Private Message to FakearriGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have to ask since i have a subaru, did that rim bolt directly on with no issues? or did you just rig it up for the photo, and it looks amazing can't wait till ur done with mine.
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planned to have painted it long ago but I'm sure the wait for Rob's bumper will have been worth it.

------------------

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks absolutely outstanding.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FakearriGT:

i have to ask since i have a subaru, did that rim bolt directly on with no issues? or did you just rig it up for the photo, and it looks amazing can't wait till ur done with mine.

It appears that the bolt pattern is the same, but the hub center is a larger diameter on the subaru wheel, so it will not center on the Fiero hub without adding an adapter ring to remove the gap.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aren't those wheels aftermarket Amida? I picked up a set of Subaru OEM BBS RG2s from a Legacy RS recently, and the hub centre is smaller - they're gonna need machined to clear the Fiero's hubs.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Aren't those wheels aftermarket Amida? I picked up a set of Subaru OEM BBS RG2s from a Legacy RS recently, and the hub centre is smaller - they're gonna need machined to clear the Fiero's hubs.

You could be right...unless the hub size is larger on the WRX. The wheels are made by Fondemetal and was a spare set purchased along with the car.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Can someone post a couple of shots of the stock front turn signal socket...both bulb side (with bulb removed) & wire side? I'd like to see if that can be re-used for the new bumper. I replaced mine a couple years ago with newer right angle sockets that use the #3157 bulb. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-10-2011).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like your work!

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, 13" Viper/Corvette brakes. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, battery relocated to front. Rebuilt&overbored 2.8 V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store HD front and rear swaybars, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, Ultimate Getrag shift kit, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.
Pictures: www.yellowfiero.com/fieropixnew/index.php
Modifications: www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spectactular!

------------------

hye_4_life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,
Have you received my first payment yet? I sent it via PayPal a few days ago.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I'm ready for mine!!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In order to get access to the turn signal light sockets the steel bumper will need to be trimmed to provide needed clearance. The lower corners are trimmed off with a jigsaw and a cutoff wheel. The added clearance will allow removal of the sockets whenever the bulbs need replacing.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-25-2019).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fog light bulb: 03-04 Ford Expedition, 42w, H10, Sylvania part# 9145, Eiko part# H1042.
Fog light socket: 9005 Ford head light, double groove. Dorman part# 85812.

Turn signal socket options: Use 1) Nissan sockets, or 2) Fiero sockets ( with modification ), or 3) aftermarket ( with modification ), 90-96 GM right angle, 3157 bulb. Dorman part# 85881 or 85882.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 09-15-2011).]

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When will you be shipping bumpers?

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock