Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 746 (64341 views)
Last post by: MrMWS on 12-03-2022 10:38 AM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wash & wax.

IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a BEAUTIFUL mold!! When are you going to lay up your first bumper??
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first part out of the new mold...a sample unit that is in the curing locker.

From a previous attempt this one here is a reject due to a gelcoat issue. Excessive catalyst caused rapid shrinking & pre-release from mold. Not easy to see in this photo but upper area is completely caved in. Abandoned after 1st layer of lamination.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-20-2011).]

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those three images of the same kit, or are the bottom two images a second pull from you mold that didn't work out? Kind of hard to tell by looking at them...

Robert
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axdrenalin:

Are those three images of the same kit, or are the bottom two images a second pull from you mold that didn't work out? Kind of hard to tell by looking at them...

Robert

One was a reject.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
After trimming, grinding & drilling the sample unit returns to the Formula for a test fit.

Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All that work into the plug and moulds is really showing, looks great Amida!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW !
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

One was a reject.

If you want to get rid of the reject let me know.
Michael
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

If you want to get rid of the reject let me know.
Michael

Sorry, no rejects available...I really don't like to put out bad parts.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Designing the mountings for the lights. I will be standardizing on the 03-04 Ford Expedition foglights & 95-96 Nissan Maxima turn signals, same ones used on the Fi355, which have the right curve & most ideal mounting tabs for this application.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-28-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks amazing!

------------------
Jay

'86 SE v6

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait!
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

iluvsd619

1036 posts
Member since May 2005
I can't wait!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Models for the light mountings were made of cardboard, plastic & stir sticks. They'll be furthur worked on & prepped for new molds as well. The mountings will need to be bondend into place after you do the trimming & drilling tasks first.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-06-2011).]

WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My grin is getting bigger with each update.

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correction on the choice of fog lights: Needed are the 03-04 Ford Expedition lights, NOT the Explorer. They cost about $75/pair for the housings...don't know if bulbs are included.

Some Ebay links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item1e5ff10d5f
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item1e650635c6
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item35b37bb70d

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-24-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New finished molds of the pockets for the lighting mounts. This will provide mountings for both fog lights & turn signals making for an easier installation.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-30-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

All that work into the plug and moulds is really showing, looks great Amida!

"All that work" is right on...anyone thinking about doing this better think twice. It's an investment which may only return to breakeven at best.

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love how you kept the side moulding, I think it makes the front end look natrual on the car. I have mine laid into my Norms Flipper for the same reason.

Everything looks boss man.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

I love how you kept the side moulding, I think it makes the front end look natrual on the car. I have mine laid into my Norms Flipper for the same reason.

Everything looks boss man.

Gotta have the side moldings if the rest of the car still has it.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you again, Rob, for the time invested in documenting your progress. I've learned a ton and it really does look fantastic.

"All that work" is right on...anyone thinking about doing this better think twice. It's an investment which may only return to breakeven at best.

Let me add from firsthand experience, this is not the type of project for the novice. You'd better be an expert if you wish to make some money at it. Me, I'm doing it to try something I've never done and to have something different.

Bob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More test fitting of the demo unit. Lighting installed into the new mounts for the first time. The mounts will be shipped with the nose as separate pieces so that you can first complete the trimming, and drilling tasks. Then you'll need to bond them in with a caulk adhesive. The ABS plastic grill is optional.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-30-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by RCR:

Thank you again, Rob, for the time invested in documenting your progress. I've learned a ton and it really does look fantastic.

Let me add from firsthand experience, this is not the type of project for the novice. You'd better be an expert if you wish to make some money at it. Me, I'm doing it to try something I've never done and to have something different.

Bob

It's probably better to dedicate the effort to a larger, more active import/domestic tuner markets, but I still have to finish my F6 Fiero project.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's that fine line between doing it for love and doing it for profit really. With the attention to detail and sheer workmanship present in your end product though Amida, it's clear that you're not just creating these items for profit. Not that there's a lot to be had in Fiero circles... it's a tight market. The import scene might produce more cashflow, but is there as much satisfaction in it?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WMac:

My grin is getting bigger with each update.

What rear spoiler & sail panels do you have on the red car?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-06-2011).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those are the Fiero Store GT Turbo Scoops with Tinted Windows but painted to match the car if I'm not mistaken. Looks good!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rear spoiler looks to be a modified 91-92 Camaro spolier.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 08-07-2011).]

degs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for degsSend a Private Message to degsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news?
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

pm sent

Not received yet.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by degs:

Any news?

Just waiting on larger shipping boxes from the box company...wouldn't you know it, the Fi512 nose wouldn't fit into the Fi355 box because of the larger 1-piece design. Meanwhile just stacking onto the Formula/shelf.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-22-2011).]

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent again... may be my crappy connection...
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the mounts for the lighting. After you have finished the trimming & drilling you will need to bond them into the backside of the nose. I used a fast drying polyurethane adhesive applied with a caulking gun. It's a thick adhesive which doesn't run. I might add a couple of pop rivets just as an added measure.

Turn signal & fog light installed into the mount. A bushing & screw ( included) are used to secure the turn signal to the mount. Notice the vertical adjuster on the back of the fog light, used to adjust the light beam.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-22-2011).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Brad
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes bump!
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,
Just thought I would pop in here and tell you that is looking FANTASTIC.... best looking fiero nosecone I have ever seen. I especially like the way you made it work with the lights and fogs and whatnot. I sure hope you sell a bunch because it looks like a bunch of work. I think you will because it looks amazing. I cannot wait to see one completed on a car and painted to match. Should make for a really beautiful comin' atcha shot... Nice work man.... peace

Pete
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait till you have my bumper ready, that looks awesome and it will make my car look so much nicer.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT, 2000 Corvette Coupe Z06 conversion
projects and parts for sale.[/COLOR][/b]

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent. I hope you got it
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock