Anyone from Oklahoma? by Iamlost22185
Started on: 11-03-2009 12:39 PM
Replies: 136 (2307 views)
Last post by: J-Holland on 08-09-2014 08:26 PM
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are welcome to post any info you get on the "Mera in Paridise" thread. Does Merrill ever check out Pennocks? Thanks for you help!
IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking day for y'alls picnic Jim!... good to see Merrill too... we missed him at the Lake Murray Ruckus.

Another cool thing about his MERA, is that it has a D1 turbo system too, IIRC.
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
His Turbo might be a D1 unit but it has been made to work by Tom Myers, and if I'm not mistaken, it is going to either a 3400 or 3800 at some point. We aren't real big fans of Kevin over here. He actually does good work, but it takes a while to get done.

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 06-07-2011).]

Velox65

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Velox65Send a Private Message to Velox65Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clinton Ok here, my notchie isnt quite on the road yet but it's close. Good to know some people are close by that know these cars.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pleased to meet you Velox. We need to get together one of these days.

Jim
Velox65

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Velox65Send a Private Message to Velox65Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'd be nice, always been a fan of gm's stepchild brand Pontiac.

Originally posted by J-Holland:

Pleased to meet you Velox. We need to get together one of these days.

Jim

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
Another cool thing about his MERA, is that it has a D1 turbo system too, IIRC.

and IIRC it also has an 4 speed auto, very nice car.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, this thread is still alive lol. well things have changed since i first posted here. 3500 took a dump on me and i went to a 3800. almost done with making the coil on plugs bracket and wiring. but the aveo trans popped up with an issue and requires me to replace the trans... ok, i bet your wondering what happened. the casing that holds the mount shattered and now the mount has nowhere to bolt to. so, yippie and dont buy an aveo.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Americasfuture2k,

I'm going to keep this going as long as I can. Based on the comments in the first page or so, very few people here in the OKC area realize that there is a club dedicated to these little gems. I want to get the word out that we are here and try to build the club back up to where we were some 10-11 years ago. Hope to meet you at some point inthe future.

Jim

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 06-10-2011).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea the more the merrier. ill be attending more frequently when my fiero is back on the road.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DEL RANCHO.....best friggin hamburgers in the world. I wish they had them here. Ranch Burger was my all time fav. I drove 1000 miles one weekend and my very first stop was the one on Western Ave...even before I went to my kids house. We used to cruise them all in the original age of muscle cars.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're right...they are good. My favorite burgers however,are from either Goldies or the Sooner Dairy Lunch on Main in Norman.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My favorite burgers however,are from either Goldies or the Sooner Dairy Lunch on Main in Norman.

We had Goldies when I lived in Tulsa. Not fancy, but real good tastin. Are they still owned by Barry Switzer?
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know. I didn't know that Barry owned them. I do know that the Goldies on S. Lewis in Tulsa was open in 68, when Barry was just an assistant coach.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Word was that a family (can't remember the name) owned them for many years, but at some point before I moved away in '86 they sold at least some of them to Barry.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just haven't been back in a long time and the name Goldie's started making me salivate.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i grew up in the mid dubb, never had del rancho surprisingly. the one next door to carl albert jr high closed a very long time ago. way before i was in jr high even. i think ive had goldies. not sure tho. i think edmond had one but it got dozed. maybe im thinking of grandies in mwc. so many places that have changed over the years and my scrambled memories make it confusing which one was which. i could really go for a killer good burger right now. lol good burger.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 06-13-2011).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a good burger in the southwest part of the state is the Meersburger. i'm ready for a road trip...
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too Tom.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

J-Holland

708 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Well did anyone else in Oklahoma get hail this evening? My yard was white at one point and I hate to see what my cars and my roof look like in the light of day. The storm lasted less than 30 minutes. What is with all of this crazy weather?
PFF
System Bot
Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It barely rained up here.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The street in front of the house was curb to curb with flowing water and the yard was copvered in marble and smaller hail. As far as I can tell, the roof and the cars are ok.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edmond barely saw a sprinkle shower for a breif moment yesterday afternoon. nothing over at 23rd n 44.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for now.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will get with Merrill and find out about his son's car as well as getting his build number. On the build number, what am I looking for exactly? Is it a specific VIN grouping?

Jim

I'll try and get that information this week.

what ever became of this??

any new info??

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-20-2011).]

J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying to reach Merrill for the last few days, but he doesn't appear to be at home. I'll keep trying.

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 06-22-2011).]

J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

J-Holland

708 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Daniel, you have a PM.

Jim
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iamlost22185:

Anyone from Oklahoma?

No. Noone is from Oklahoma.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No comment
PFF
System Bot
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to let everyone in central Oklahoma know, we'll be having our July meeting at 4:00 PM on Saturday the 12th at Lugiano's in Mustang. We would love to see Fiero Owners from all over. If you need directions, shoot me either a PM or an e-mail.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just to let everyone in central Oklahoma know, we'll be having our July meeting at 4:00 PM on Saturday the 12th at Lugiano's in Mustang. We would love to see Fiero Owners from all over. If you need directions, shoot me either a PM or an e-mail.

How do you have a July meeting on Saturday the 12th? I would like to go, but the 12th is a Tuesday.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have it on the 12th instead of the 10th because my brain stopped working. It is supposed to be the 10th (Today) at 4:00 pm at Lugiano's in Mustang.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bah damn. im missing out. hope no ones catches on fire when you pull up or just from this heat O_O

that was an embarrassing day for the car since that was the first meet i brought it too.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you pulled up just after I left. We are thinking about possibly going to Coit's next month. Lugiano's is not the same restaraunt we started going to 18 months ago.

Jim H
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
coits is a great idea. love their rootbeer. ive been meaning to put the suggestion of Pop's in. they have good burgers. and of course that awesome selection of soda. and its rt 66. its meant to be.
Ghost1097

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost1097Send a Private Message to Ghost1097Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh? Where ? Did I miss out Again?When is the Next Meeting?
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ghost, at this time, it will be the 2nd Sunday of August, possibly at Coit's at 50th and Portland. Drop me a PM and we'll do something.

Jim
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's up for a run to Pop's or the Rock cafe?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock