Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Rears ? Let's see what's cooking ! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Rears ? Let's see what's cooking ! by exoticse
Started on: 09-29-2006 08:35 PM
Replies: 282 (29407 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-13-2021 05:43 PM
FieroGeneral

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGeneralSend a Private Message to FieroGeneralEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D.Rohm:

Just a pic I took today , because of working out a new special front brake system , with calipers and rotors from K-sport .

these spoilers..are they custom, where can i snatch one ? :P
i love how these wings look on a Fiero.

anyhow, i love the ws6 rear. have anybody done that to a fiero ?
IP: Logged
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Who's car is this, and where can I get a body setup like that?

This looks beautiful! Any front views?

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Aircraft Electronics Technician Second Class
AIMD Brunswick (2007-present)
Patrol Squadron Ten (2003-2007)
United States Navy

Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

This photo should clear things up a bit:

I realize the focus of this thread is "custom rears", but the hood mod done here (molded to fenders) ranks amongst the most impressive mods I've seen here yet. Looks amazing. Nice work.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just FYI, exoticse has a sister thread for Custom Front Ends.

But thanks for the compliment.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW....he's on a roll!!!!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

WOW....he's on a roll!!!!!

words can not state how cool this is! @#$%^&*@
update????????? we want more!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 07-11-2008).]

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well guys.....here's an update of Carlo's car.......pictures speak louder than words!!!!!!

I just can't get enough of this car!!!!!
Truly amazing!!!!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here's mine.. not much to brag about compared to the above entries:

but its still a little different... tomorrow I'm going to play with a little aluminum sheet to see if I can flatten out some areas below the bumper..
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The latest from the Canadian choptop king (car-lo hehehe).

* Note the side markers and the new styling in the center of the bumper **

He makes this stuff look so darned easy ! Great job John.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-13-2008).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is freaking awesome! When I grow up, I wanna be like him.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO for the reduced bumper and area, I think a different side marker is needed. I'd try something similar to Demachio's side marker. Its starting to take on the flow of a Lambo G. They use a smaller side marker.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-13-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
car-lo's rear facia is just bad a**
I cant wait to get mine and do the same thing.
people have been talking about doing the f40 rear. it's nice to see someone do it and give the rest of us something to
go by for insperation.
Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats exactly what I wanted too do to the front and rear of my car. The f40, the Hamann f40. Man, you did a beautiful job on it. How much are you going to start selling the rear bumpers for? (WINK) Beautiful bumper. Man, can you make me one? Anyway, great job. Im serious about making me one. Take care.
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

That was Alex Koulygine's Plazma body kit. It was not produced before he died in an accident.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041016.html
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now this is what i call an A** shot !!

Car-lo getting it all put back together,.... next up a ferrari style diffuser to cover the exposed exhaust and engine.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo's my Hero! haha.
the car looks great and it is getting a SC3800 now.
but here is an update on my rear facia like car-lo's I used the same rear and It is a lot of work but it will be cool when it is done it will be a bit differant than car-lo's
I set mine about 2-1/2" lower on the car and I am building the tail light section all custom some what like the 360 F-word!
it has a long way to go but here are some in progress pics.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Now this is what i call an A** shot !!

Car-lo getting it all put back together,.... next up a ferrari style diffuser to cover the exposed exhaust and engine.

Would like to see this with the rear diffuser.......is this going to be available for us guys who are mechanically challenge?

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And for those less challenged, what bumper did Car2lo start with. Looks like a 360 (obviously)...

Bob
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear bumper that Car-lo and I both started with was from Mr bodykits and it was for a late model toyota cellica with shiping it cost me 350.00
but it must be cut apart and reworked alot! keep in mind that both car-lo and I also have widebody cars this rear would not fit a standard rear
if we were to take molds off of them but with enough skill and work you could make one for the standard body car.
the rear section was widened 14" and the licence plate area was custom built in to it.
this is what it looked like when I got mine.

as you can see it does take a lot of work to modify it. I think so far I have about 8 hrs in to mine and it is no where near done yet by the time I finish just the glass work I will have close to 20 hrs in to it and I have done this stuff for a long time.
but dont get frustrated the bigest part of custom is time! money is second!
good luck to all !
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanx man...
Bob
PFF
System Bot
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

I second that. whaooooo

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget to click on the ads!
http://educatorstop15.we.bs/fieropage.htm

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for a front and every view of car-lo's car look at west coast Fieros
as for the front of mine here you go
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it is finished if it looks like this dang bad a - -!

------------------
Happiness is a choice

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

When it is finished if it looks like this dang bad a - -!

IMO, I think Car-Lo's design is better. Why be a poser when a person can use his own imagination?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to each their own IMO car-lo's is great but he is taking ques from the corvette.
I personaly like the 430 but I am only taking ques from it not a coppy.
I like the more exotic look but it will be a one of a kind design. that's what I think it is all about.
Personal choice
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO when it comes to parts you have no choice to use (such as Corvette brakes, engine swap, reflectors, or mirrors in some cases), I see the point, but on parts you can tweak you're own way, I personally don't see the need to copy. I was going to use an exact carbon fiber F430 difusser on the back from a company in Japan for #020, but I decided not to due to the iconic (part) too recognizable. A similar situation happened during the Miami Vices year where fiberglass venders jumped on board coping those Tessarossa's door fins. I seen them on Ford Probes, Trucks, Mercedes (Shaq even had a set on his Mercedes), and the Fiero. In Car-Lo's case, the uniqueness in using the center Corvette part some what justifies the upper center bumper license plate cut-out area, because it flows with the Corvette angle.

In my personal experiences, there is nothing better for a owner hearing a person saying these words, "Are you serious, that's a Fiero?"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

IMO when it comes to parts you have no choice to use (such as Corvette brakes, engine swap, reflectors, or mirrors in some cases), I see the point, but on parts you can tweak you're own way, I personally don't see the need to copy. I was going to use an exact carbon fiber F430 difusser on the back from a company in Japan for #020, but I decided not to due to the iconic (part) too recognizable. A similar situation happened during the Miami Vices year where fiberglass venders jumped on board coping those Tessarossa's door fins. I seen them on Ford Probes, Trucks, Mercedes (Shaq even had a set on his Mercedes), and the Fiero. In Car-Lo's case, the uniqueness in using the center Corvette part some what justifies the upper center bumper license plate cut-out area, because it flows with the Corvette angle.

In my personal experiences, there is nothing better for a owner hearing a person saying these words, "Are you serious, that's a Fiero?"

Point well taken. for my car the rear defuser will not be an exact coppy. it will be tweeked to my taste. let me get farther along with it before judgment.
I think you will all like it when it is done and I will keep you posted.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sorry master Jedi. I will do better master Jedi. :-)

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 08-21-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a progerss shot of mine. the first rough in then foam, shaping, and final glass and lots of hrs.
HAHA!
still a long way to go but in the works.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you doing a one piece fascia + tail light assembly?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Sorry master Jedi. I will do better master Jedi. :-)

May the force be with you.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it will be a one piece rear. I was able to make a little progres this last weekend but it still has a long way to go
it takes a bit longer to design and make your own parts from nothing.
I will post pic's on my build it tech later today.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie: It takes a bit longer to design and make your own parts from nothing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I look forward to reading the build thread.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is just a progress shot of my rear I have not had much time to work on it lately but hopefully I will this weekend.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's coming along nicely. Although, the spots where you have fiberglass on top of paint make me worry.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Although, the spots where you have fiberglass on top of paint make me worry.

don't worry things are not always what they seem. I have done this before. I will sohw more detail on my build thread later.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whodeanie's lastest progress.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whodeanie's lastest progress. woow looks great.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-07-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock