Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. by madcurl
Started on: 09-08-2004 03:48 PM
Replies: 458 (35326 views)
Last post by: Robb Craige on 08-19-2013 08:24 AM
fieroman22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heres my new pic

does ne one have ideas of what # of shock they have? i have 100 but have difficulties opening door, could be need to grease hinge?
IP: Logged
partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroman22 what kit did you use? How many hours did it take you?

Thanks

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Hey Madcurl, any info from Jerry?

I talk to him every week. He's waiting on Frank to haul his Fiero over to the shop. He'll then have a mock-up car to perform the VDC kits for the Fiero.

Originally posted by fieroman22:

does any one have ideas of what # of shock they have? I have 100 but have difficulties opening door, could be need to grease hinge?

I sent a pic to Tony. He might still have the number. Using the newer or stronger style struts ...you only need three fingers to lift the door. It's also harder to close but, I have no issues.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-13-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I sent a pic to Tony. He might still have the number. Using the newer or stronger style struts ...you only need three fingers to lift the door. It's also harder to close but, I have no issues.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Fieroman your car is coming along nicely !

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanx guys, i cant wait till its done, i havent really been doing any body work, just a lot of performance mods, just got wcf long tube headers, crx cai, ported tb, trueleo intake, and gonna redo exhaust 2.5" mandrel, and fuel press reg adj, and possibly 1.6 roller rockers, then im gonna go get her dynoed and tuned.

i used a kit off ebay, from bodykitwholesale.com, except one of the pieces cracked so now i need to get a hold of them to replace it, so i can use passenger door. then i can finish body work. also i must say, i am officially thefirst person with both shaved handles and lambo doors, lol.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on. I can't let this pic get away, hehe.

FormulaStroker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaStrokerSend a Private Message to FormulaStrokerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really want verticle doors!!!!!!

Madcurl i have to say hands down you have the nicest fiero i've ever seen!!!
What dash is in yer fiero?? it looks nice!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the ?????

Curly whose car is that ??????????????????

Whoa !

Ooops here we go.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/055233.html

Guess i let that thread slip by me.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-21-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful cars like this MUST be seen from ALL angles, hehe.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by FormulaStroker:

I really want verticle doors!!!!!!

Madcurl i have to say hands down you have the nicest fiero i've ever seen!!!
What dash is in yer fiero?? it looks nice!

Thank you. The "dash" story is here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032834-3.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Decah kit. Daytona 2006

Marianna Martin's White horse !

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-26-2006).]

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Here's a bunch, not sure how "new" they are, though...

http://fiero5000.com/preserve/

and my favorite:

-FieroRumor

I don't mean to cause trouble, but did anyone else notice that this good-looking girl is not relly sitting in this car??? She has obviously been Photoshopped in there.
If she were really in there, then it is safe to say that this Fiero has no seats.
Also it is very well-lit inside the cockpit for her to have no shadows to speak of...

Just couldn't help but notice....

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still want a set of hinges for my 2 fieros here in Australia
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

I don't mean to cause trouble, but did anyone else notice that this good-looking girl is not relly sitting in this car??? She has obviously been Photoshopped in there.
If she were really in there, then it is safe to say that this Fiero has no seats.
Also it is very well-lit inside the cockpit for her to have no shadows to speak of...

Just couldn't help but notice....

It's a joke... Everybody knows that Paris Hilton obviously wasn't sitting in Rumor's Formula, lol.

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another Decah kit. Daytona 2006

WOW, whos Fiero is that? Do you have more pics of it? Thats a real nice body, not to mention the 3800sc

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:
WOW, whos Fiero is that? Do you have more pics of it? Thats a real nice body, not to mention the 3800sc

Found here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058332.html

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a joke... Everybody knows that Paris Hilton obviously wasn't sitting in Rumor's Formula, lol.

LOL........I didn't look close enough to see that it was actually Paris Hilton. (Actually, (is my wife looking) I did look close enough, I just didn't realize that it was her.....)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked to most of the guys with lambo doors at Daytona 2006 and what i got out of it was Decah is definatly the way to go.

They said go with the stronger struts (200 lbs ?).

The installation is not really rocket science. It does require some patience, measuring, and a couple of people to help with adjustments while getting things ironed out.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Talked to most of the guys with lambo doors at Daytona 2006 and what i got out of it was Decah is definatly the way to go.

Yes. Go Decah and Get your wings up!

PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't mean to cause trouble, ...

LOL!!!!! *falls off his chair*

LOL yeah, I forget who originally PSed that one, but it was pretty funny the first time I saw it.

I would recommend that whoever gets the Decah kit goes for the better struts, one of mine went Phhhhhsssssst a few months ago...

-FR

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can't let this video slip by, hehe.

Thanks to Miss-Tress007

Here's a short video of Godfather giving us a "demonstration" of how to open the lambo doors:

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can't let this video slip by, hehe.

Thanks to Miss-Tress007

Here's a short video of Godfather giving us a "demonstration" of how to open the lambo doors:

Are those Decah Hinges?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Are those Decah Hinges?

Yes i talked to him at Daytona, they are the universal Decah hinges.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-01-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Door down pic.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watkins Glen 2006 Show:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A brighter view of Fieromans22 VDC kit:

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ha thanx madcurl guess i forgot this thread
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump four recent email inquiries.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summer is here. Time too "spread those VDC wings."

PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for asking again. But where have you all got your VDC from and who makes the bolt on?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 06-01-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Sorry for asking again. But where have you all got your VDC from and who makes the bolt on?

All VDC kits where made by Decah but where remodified by XS Custom in Florida. At this point in time, XS Custom is no-where to be found //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048655-3.html so, you'll need to purchase the kit directly from Decah. As for "which" kit for the Fiero? It would be best to ask Alex (Fierowidebody [orange Fiero] guy) because he used a Decah kit but it was a different model vs. previous Fiero VDC kits. Alex's Decah VDC kit didn't need major reworking...just drilling of the Fiero's door bolt pattern.

Edit: Woops. I forgot the link, hehe. Get the heavy duty kit @ $1250 US dollors. The cheaper kit at $950 will work too but isn't strong enough IMO. The reference # is located in this thread.

http://www.decah.net/

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-01-2006).]

AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alex's Decah VDC kit didn't need major reworking...just drilling of the Fiero's door bolt pattern.

i'm thinkin of doing that with my kit...
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard or easy is it to get in and out of a Fiero with Lambo doors? Seem like they open up about 75 degress. Is it posible to get 90 degress hinges?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dmancheno:

How hard or easy is it to get in and out of a Fiero with Lambo doors? Seem like they open up about 75 degress. Is it posible to get 90 degress hinges?

Tina was able to get into and out of her "Curse" w/o anyone detecting prior to a major Fiero show. However, she has a pretty small frame so for "guys" it maybe a little bit tighter? You'll need to roll down the window for better exiting no doubt. I've seen other kits on the market that are 100% verticle but, I'm not use as-to "how" far the door opens? The $64,000 question is "will" a current application fit onto a Fiero door frame?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by dmancheno:

If you're bigger then this guy...you may have "issues." However, I think the kit Alex's uses fans greater "outward"?

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl

You seem to be right once more, I would guess that mine opens about 17" sideways and then goes up. the 17" is measured from the striker bolt to the latch when open. There is plenty of room to go in without lifting the door, or when lifting the door. Then again I'm only 5'8", 145lbs. hehe
Here is the write up from my build thread:

Lambo-doors::
The kit we used was a universal Honda Civic predrilled kit. The great part was that two of the four bolt holes of the honda drilling matched up with the fiero holes on the chasis. We had to weld on a small bracket to redrill the two other wholes and that was it. it bolted right up. This took about 2 days to attach both hinges and 2 more to get all the bugs out and have them completely done. Its not as hard as people make it sound. Pics:
Picture of the hinge with welded tabs for other 2 bolt holes which match fiero pattern:

Close up of welded tabs 1/2" thick:

Spacers made of 1/2" thick metal which go in between hinge and chasis on bottom, washers at the top due to little space needed.:

Hinge attached:

She Moves up and down!!!:

Both doors and I after 2 days of crying and finger smashing form both me and my dad:

How far the door opens to the side, to provide room to sit comfortably:

After all the work you gotta find time to sleep when ever and where ever. hehehe

Alex
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've seen other kits on the market that are 100% verticle but, I'm not use as-to "how" far the door opens?
there wont be a kit that works every way you want it to..(without more modification to the car) you cant open the door very far when you have struts that will hit the inner fender o yeah, my kit will be 100% verticle too..

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information FieroGTRwideboby. Do you know what year of civic predrilled? Found these on Decah website
1992 - 1995 Honda Civic also Del Sol
1996 - 2000 Honda Civic
2001 - 2005 Honda Civic
Could be the same?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic