Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. by madcurl
Started on: 09-08-2004 03:48 PM
Replies: 458 (35347 views)
Last post by: Robb Craige on 08-19-2013 08:24 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doors flying high;

Flyingbob's.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#013; Suicidal tendencies.

R.O.C. 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R.O.C. 1Send a Private Message to R.O.C. 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Lets see all of the latest Fiero Lambo door pics. I offen get email regardings various pics and links of fastbacks and notch backs.

So please do post.

Edit: {Please include Suicide Fiero too} it's all good!

Thanks madcurl

Now that's HOT! Oh yeah............ your car is ok too. What center console you have? Nice!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R.O.C. 1:

Now that's HOT! Oh yeah............ your car is ok too. What center console you have? Nice!!

It's a custom one-off piece from XSCustoms- Largo, FL.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-08-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turkey fest bump:
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the Black Widow will soon be part of these distinct few ......

------------------

The Black Widow

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-30-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I worked all night. A bit tired...

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 03-30-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

I worked all night. A bit tired...

Sweet! You the man. Please post more after you rest-up.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uhm, that's a Fiero?!
Dunno if I like it or not, but looks like a quality piece of work.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's at set of VDC at D10. I don't know whose car, but his doors are up.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-31-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sppeedy's VDC

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cancer Researcher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cancer ResearcherSend a Private Message to Cancer ResearcherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

needs a bump before it's archived!

Now THIS is a very nice interior! Any more pics of this interior?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does everybody do about the dome light during shows (battery-wise) ?

Pull the fuse ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im still thinking if scissor door's are in the cards for my 87 or not.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sharkman you have a pm !
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Sharkman you have a pm !

I will start a build thread of my last 30 nights. There I will post the info you want
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What does everybody do about the dome light during shows (battery-wise) ?

Pull the fuse ?

That's one way, I also have a switch where I can override the door pins....problem with that is that my retained accessory power won't shut off until the door opens, so sometimes I get stuck in a conundrum and my battery runs down. Ideally I would add a timer to shut off the light automatically. New cars have that built in.
DrShimmies

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrShimmiesSend a Private Message to DrShimmiesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My favorite part of this picture is the working temp gauge!
exoticmotorsportscom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticmotorsportscomClick Here to visit exoticmotorsportscom's HomePageSend a Private Message to exoticmotorsportscomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this count...I built it on a fiero subframe v6 GT...sorry about the large image...couldn't find a way to shrink it

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

www.ExoticMotorSports.com

[This message has been edited by exoticmotorsportscom (edited 04-14-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cancer Researcher:

Now THIS is a very nice interior! Any more pics of this interior?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-15-2010).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really torn on getting lambo doors or keeping them stock.... so a question for the long timeusers:

Would you do it over again? Would you do anything different? How is it getting in and out of the car? Any issues in parking structures?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From one Tony to Another hehehe,..

Hey Tony, First i have to ask, is the car your daily driver ?

For some it might be a bit much to deal with on a daily basis, but for me personally the EXTREME WOW factor outwieghs any slight extra effort needed getting in and out.

When i first got the doors it was vvery easy open and close, except closing inside from a sitting position was difficult, i had to pull them down before i got in then close normally while sitting.

After about a month that went away, i don't know whether they loosened up or i got really stronger ? Eh,... probably got looser cause my biceps look the same hehehe.
Please don't listen to those who say lambo doors are played out !!

People go crazy when they see the doors,..period ! It absolutely takes your car to another level. Tony having seen your car in person, i highly recommend it. It would totally
put it over the top. IMO go for it !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-15-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony (topcat) you'll like the lambo doors (I'm baias). Like Tony (exoticse) said you'll get alot of the wow factor. A small down fall is the door will not swing open as far, but you shouldn't have much of a problem because your not a large person. It seemed to happen on both my fieros that after a while the door got easier to open and close ( going up and down ).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I am really torn on getting lambo doors or keeping them stock.... so a question for the long timeusers:

Would you do it over again? Would you do anything different? How is it getting in and out of the car? Any issues in parking structures?

I have a set of four. Does that tell you anything, hehe. My advice it to stay physically fit, especially around the mid section and do some weight lifting (but that's GP for all Fiero owners, right). As for parking- there isn't any I can think of. Keep in mind- the VDC kits add 30 pounds to the Fiero and adds 30 more people viewing your car every time the doors are up. The colder the weather- the less effective are the struts. i wouldn't recommending them if you live in areas that are 35 degrees or less. If you don't want the attention- you can keep the doors down provided your in shape and don't have after market seats. Due to the high bolsters in after market and in some cases newer seats- the increase the difficultly level. Stick to the known brands that work and not the ones on the internet that claim there 100% bolt-on kits. There's a person here on the forum that makes them and they seem to work pretty well. If not, VDC or Decah are the ones to get, but you'll need them modified to fit the Fiero. Therefore the person here on the forum seem to be the better route and cheaper.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless I'm showing off, I normally I just get in and out without raising the doors. I find that to be quite easy. The clearance needed is actually less than stck hinges. If I'm at a gas station or some other spot I try not to attract too much attention.

But if a crowd does form I flip up the door and the crowd goes wild.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fro all the replies. I had to leave town on short notice. My wife saw them on another Fiero while at Daytona and liked them. I've always liked them, but leery as already stated.

Tony, my car is not a daily driver - in fact it saw less than a hundred miles for the past couple of years. The drive to Daytona is the most that she has been driven in the past several years.

The effect on the struts in colder weather is the sort of info that is most vaulable - but being here in SC does not really make it much of a concern as we are typically above that temp for 10 months out of the year

Okay, so I know the next direction I will take Velvet.

Thanks again.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent payment for a set of vertical door hinges this morning, so I hope to be able to post pics in this thread in the next month or so...

Stay tuned.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I sent payment for a set of vertical door hinges this morning, so I hope to be able to post pics in this thread in the next month or so...

Stay tuned.

Did you get the ones from Archie or the others ?

Congratulations !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-25-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you get the ones from Archie or the others ?

Congratulations !

I did not get Archies... I got teh ones 88Lambo are making.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock