Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Redux (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Redux by chester
Started on: 01-10-2004 10:51 PM
Replies: 525 (39608 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 08-05-2015 01:29 AM
mrfixit58

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! That looks so cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing the clip on the car. Once again, great job.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 9th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2005

IP: Logged
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

That looks great Curley! I really had no idea what you were going to do with those parts - but you've definitely found a great home for them! You have an amazing sense of creativity with your cars - I fell like I'm just bonding & bolting parts onto my car, while you're over there taking the Chip Foose method of recreating the car - from the car!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like it was meant to be - but does the decklid still open? or does it need shaping to clear the sails?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

What about having to redo the bodywork after the choptop..?? Why did'nt you just wait...?? Just curious!

Loooks GREAT!!

Mads you have a PM!

Several reasons:

Although it looked good on a drawing and I place the part next to #11.....it's a totally different picture once it's on the car. No need to practice on a part after Archie has done the work, right? However, the main reason was due to the rear clip being "intacked." If you ever notice while Archie moves the modified rear clip, he uses a metal bar placed between the upper and lower roof area. That "bar" prevents any warping or damage while the part is being worked on. The original brace (behind the sail panel) helped in preventing any bending.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-02-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Kohburn:

looks like it was meant to be - but does the decklid still open? or does it need shaping to clear the sails?

Correct. The deck lid will be re-shaped for clearance issues. How? By using the inner black sail-window braces. I will cut a "L" out of the corner of the deck. I will then mount that piece onto the inner sail brace. There is more clearance on a choptop due to it's lower angle. Since Archie performs all choptops the "same." I can use #11 as the mock-up for proper clearance.

Goal? To give the chopper a "fuller" and "meaner" look from the rear. The rear window will be tinted along with the sails too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-02-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still waiting on #15 to get back from Florida with the Redux's decklid, so it can be refit to work with the new Modifications.

#15 which Curly brought to Daytona is down here getting a set of lambo/scissor doors and custom dash installed.

once the redux's decklid is retrofit, it is off to Archie's !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Friendly bump
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Just a friendly bump!

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Hi all,

What exhaust tips are you using??

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2005 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

(singing) Staying alive, Staying alive,......

Hmmmmm did i just date myself ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-25-2005).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

LMAO!!! That song, stayin alive, is one of my all time favorite beats!!! BUMP This up............

edit: grammer...........

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 10-13-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Sunflash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SunflashSend a Private Message to SunflashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Forgive me as I have not looked at this thread in a while and the looks perticularly mean, in fact I think I need to change my drawers now . J/K Its looking great, I can't wait to see it finished. -Zack-

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A most deserving bump.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to Jerry today. He wants to do the Reverse VDC on the Redux and a fully radical Mad-dash.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A menacing comparison

The Redux

The Wraith

Both looking very mean !

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that wraith on a fiero frame? What motor will it use?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

is that wraith on a fiero frame? What motor will it use?

Links here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/055951.html

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Any more updated pics?
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Wraith,
That has got to be one my favorite movies of all time.
I just got a copy of it on DVD for Christmas.

Love that REDUX Curly. Looks crazy.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to mix anybody up but curly was not trying to make his car look like the wraith, i just saw a picture of the wraith and thought they looked vaguely similar.

Both look good though.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2005 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

Bump! Any more updated pics?

Nah. Next month it will recieve the duel deck vents (again). The Redux is pretty much a mock-up car for now (When ever an ideas pops-up). If all works out for the Redux in 2006...it will be headed to Archie's for a chop.

The Redux has a 2.8 stock rebuild motor, stock suspension, and interior..so I'm in no hurry to have it shipped. That's why #15 and the Stealth recieved priority calling.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-31-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just say no,....... to the archive reaper.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I talked to Jerry today. He wants to do the Reverse VDC on the Redux and a fully radical Mad-dash.

A Reverse VDC kit????

------------------

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice, probably not that much harder then VDC on a regular door. just remove the striker and build the hinge at the back.
It will look cool as long as you dont hit the popper going down the road

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A Reverse VDC kit????

Suicide Lambo. They swing out from the rear then go up.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Bump, cause good threads should never die young."
Vunda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VundaSend a Private Message to VundaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is a beautiful car
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How's this coming along?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

How's this coming along?

I haven't talked to Jerry in the past month or so. The Redux is on the back burner right now. It needs to be shipped out to Archie first before it heads out to Jerry. Besides, I don't think Jerry has a shop of his own and nobody ever delivered a Fiero for VDC productions?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still Alive !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl just visited in on the Redux this past week and cleared away a few cobwebs.

This baby is still patiently waiting it's turn in Curly's mad labratory.
PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
progress??? pictures???
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nobody ever delivered a Fiero for VDC productions?

If you mean a bolt on Fiero VDC? Yeah good luck finding one. I like the reverse VCD idea, I don't think it would be all that much harder, since you have to make your own mounts anyway.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

progress??? pictures???

No pics. I was there on other business and I though I'd look at The Redux. This year (I hope) it will be heading to Archie. I need to mount the 19's for it's voyage to Archie's via trailered. It has the lazy 2.8 V6 and I don't trust it get a carton of milk across the street let alone a 1800 mile trip on it's own. I have a few ideas instore for Archie and his crew.

On the list to change:

Reshaping of the front spoiler angle and adding the duel vents which are currently on #015. I was thinking about the Redux while viewing this excellent modding of the Celica headlamps.

This was an amazing kit car. Note the center seat, flanked by passenger seats (like a McLaren?)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2006).]

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A menacing comparison

The Redux

The Wraith

Both looking very mean !

any newer pics of this front end?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

any newer pics of this front end?

Look here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050459-2.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This project is officially at the back of the bus.

Madcurl just has too many projects underway,......ahhhh someday !?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Moving Day !
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Moving Day !

Moving Day ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Moving Day ?

I arrived at Trends last Thursday to pick-up the Redux. The car is parked in the back of the shop and several cars and other body parts are in the way so the "move" will begin in two weeks. I called George Ryan last Friday for a pick-up but he sold the business. I'll have to use a different company to haul the Redux to Archie's now. Darn it...nothing good last forever.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock