Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Redux (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Redux by chester
Started on: 01-10-2004 10:51 PM
Replies: 525 (39612 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 08-05-2015 01:29 AM
Fiero~Spataro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dough19:

awww thats some pretty lipstick! lol work it cover girl

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BDF88GT:

WOW.... that car is insane!!

The only thing i can suggest is that you somehow make the top edge of the turn signals parrellel to the bottom edge of the celica headlamps. Kinda putting it at an angle.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm always open for them here. The PS pic isn't the "true" representation of the actual look. This is seen on the previous pg. The lights have been recessed by 2" However, the Satarn side makers will follow the horizonal line where the front fascia is mounted on the side. I don't know the actual look yet, but I should be in BAK this Friday for inspection. The goal is for it to look some what like the 20th car here:

This has been a very long and tring modifications on the Redux. There are a lot more modification left to do and some will just have to wait until it gets back from Archie's. The previous rear drawing is just one of those modification. I seen a GT a the Daytona show with duel pipes centered.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

There are a lot more modification left to do and some will just have to wait until it gets back from Archie's..

C'mon Curlman.. Give us a few hint's on what else you are going to do...??

I love the frint fascia... I was wondering 'who' was going to be the first to start representing the 90'...

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curl, the direction you're going with this car is awesome! So don't feel worried pioneering this area, you're the best for the job!! Keep the pics comin.

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd

Latest Mod: Poly Rear and Coilovers (HMS 350#)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hot diggity,.....new stuff !!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics are on the way with nose on the car. Thanks Tony for posting them. The choptop blues is over, "I feel like a little girl inside" hehehehehe.

False alarm. Pics will be comming in late if not until Friday. Just put the beer back in the fridg.

what's on the docket? black molding are gone for the front of car. Examples of what to expect are here:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-30-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new pics are in. This time the front fascia is on the car. I sent pics to Exoticse, Songman, and Chester. Maybe they will post them later.

Enjoyment for the weekend.

madcurl

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey! What about crystal sidemarkers and an angled transparent cap before the front lights? Would flow better and match the celica headlights better imo...

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in progress...
1969 Chevy Suburban

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Agree. Clear markers would look better and flow w/PIAA lights. I would need to check the after-market for them. For right now, I needed a mock-up lights and at the junk yard for $25 bucks I couldn't wait.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest pics from the madman.

More

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-28-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look's cool !
Like it without the molding..??
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmmm? Close enough? I guess some pipe dreams do come true? Hehehehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-30-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Close...
Any Update's..??

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~* 4.9L-V8*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME! the only word that can descrive it!
-Roy

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) ....This is.....Driving Exitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988, 1of 241 yellow GT's

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Very Close...
Any Update's..??

Updates? Yes. But currently I'm in the Bay Area. I'll drive down on the 14th for pics. Ausie rockers should be on plus other goodies. I need to get it a alignment, front wheel bearing, rear rotor, brakes, and smog now for the long trip to Archie's. I awaiting a EGR from a friend and possibly another fuel pump?

I hope this 2.8 will make it? Yes, I'll have my credit card and some small tools for the darn module. Trying to look for plane ticket now from IL.

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say simply beautiful

and a bump for the newer ppls. and so I can set it on my favorites so I dont have to go hunting for it again.

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man Curly - you sure do tempt the dreamers...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WoW over 10,000 views ! Congratulations Curly.

This deserves a bump because i was talking to a well known forum member and he has never even heard of the ffiero redux !

I was like what !???! Don't worry i won't mention your name hehehe.

For those who have not seen,....enjoy.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all I can say is I'm at a loss for words after looking at this thread. :d
SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great Curley.
I'll race you in YOUR Silver Chop Top when you've finished that beauty so you can have a comparison thread!!!!

------------------

alienfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alienfieroSend a Private Message to alienfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way better front end than the new GTO!
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

Looks Great Curley.
I'll race you in YOUR Silver Chop Top when you've finished that beauty so you can have a comparison thread!!!!

Race me huh, when it's finished? Sorry, in the Fiero World nothing is ever finished, hehehe.

Over 10,000 looks? Man, thats crazy! A quick Survey of those who have contributed to the build-up of the Redux:

Constructive comments:
Kameo Kid: fog light suggestion plus photo shopn'n. Resulted in getting PIAA lights. Done.
Chester: Celica lights pointing inward. Fixed. Working on the body line and it is off a little.
Master Tuner Akimoto: Constructive comments and for posting the red Ferarri. Yeah, for pipe dream #3
Tequilaz: Posting Corvette comparison view. yeah for pipe dream #3
Fie Ro: I forgot, sorry. But gave a thumbs-up.
The Aura: location of Celica lights.
Jncomutt: Square fog lights vs round.
Red85Gt: like the square fog lights.
Choptop: locations and design of turn signals.
Riley: Comments on Celica light pointing inward. Fixed. thank you.
Senny: hood lines. I'm Working on it. Thanks.
Convertabllis: Likes the back end.
PaulJK: Shaving of front spoiler. Thank you. I'm working on it.

Posting Redux pics:
Chester, Songman, and Exoticse. Thanks guys.

Thumbs-up:

Linenoise, SNMFX, Alienfiero, jncomutt, DoubleC4, Coolcat, Fierorumor, Cjagable, Convetable Indy, Jscott1, Dowdian, Raven28690, MinngreenGT,Nashco, Bdf88GT, Soup, Oneredfiero, Nebrios, Rynelson 85, Riley, Pavo_Roddy, Sqoach, Black-azz-GT, Jelly2mb, Tauras Thug, Kohburn, Exoticse, GTFieroGT87, Notafieroanylonger, Roys88Fiero, Dottc, Archie, Dusty-MN, choptop, and Needfor speed.

Thumbs-down or a Wait-and-see point of views: These are very important. Keeps things together for the project.
Exc911ence (I had him up until the Cellica lights), Stimpy (wait until I'm finished), Litdaze (want to see it finished)

Inquiries or infos:
Fieroking, Millieniumfiero, 88-DOHC, The Aura (comment on IRM), Toddster (likes the name of the thread), The Prezzzz: nice pics, Mightymouse, and Wingnut.

As you can see, those who have contributed to the thread + and - have resulted in some minor changes in the development of the Redux. Sometimes having outside comments can help others to in their future projects and ideas.

madcurl.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

Looks Great Curley.

Let's see if you are going to drive the silver chop top, madcurl is gonna drive the Redux, then who is gonna drive,...uh er,...... nevermind. Hehehe.......

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-13-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2004 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curl... Looking at the driving light area's that are square and the lights are rounded on the edges.. Is it too late to chage it..?? I think it would look better without the 'gaps' at the corners of the light's... Know what I mean..??
Other then that, It is the best frontend I have seen on a Fiero----
Steve

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know about the rounded lights looking bad. it might add something to it. if he somehow molds the opening to the lights then it will look hacked a little in my opinion. maybe if he set them back a bit more or did the inside of that opening in black then it wouldnt be as obvious.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Curl... Looking at the driving light area's that are square and the lights are rounded on the edges.. Is it too late to chage it..?? I think it would look better without the 'gaps' at the corners of the light's... Know what I mean..??
Other then that, It is the best frontend I have seen on a Fiero----
Steve

Yeah I thought about that and many other ideas too. The hood lines don't "line-up, and the front spoiler is in need of a partial shaving." I'll have to fine tune these areas once the car comes back from Archie's. My original goal was to add some excitement in a few areas of the Fiero yet maintaning a over-all Fiero "look." As you can see, the car has evolved into something totally different vs. my original drawings.

Third creation: Will have the round recessed fog lights along with the 2005 Corvette headkights, different hood vents, and a modified IRM side rocker kit. The after market body kit should extend it out by 4-5".

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go curly

Pic posted per request

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn.

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are an amazing man, Curley. Simply beautiful! You truly have the Midas Touch.

Brad

------------------

Ohhhhhh yeahhhh!

PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for updates?
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,
The car is turning out really badass.... just one thing I want to throw out there, not an insult in any way, just a little constructive criticism I guess you could say.

At first I didnt like the headlights, but they have grown on me, and they really make it look good with the other mods... the turn signals work with them, but there is something that looks strange about the smaller fog/driving lights? is there any type of car that has the turn signals incorperated with the other lights that keep the sharp angles?

I'll look into it a little more and throw some ideas your way if you want.
keep up the good work

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 10-07-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Curly,
The car is turning out really badass.... just one thing I want to throw out there, not an insult in any way, just a little constructive criticism I guess you could say.

At first I didnt like the headlights, but they have grown on me, and they really make it look good with the other mods... the turn signals work with them, but there is something that looks strange about the smaller fog/driving lights? is there any type of car that has the turn signals incorperated with the other lights that keep the sharp angles?

I'll look into it a little more and throw some ideas your way if you want.
keep up the good work

Ideas and constructive comments +/- is what is build-up is all about. So please share your ideas.

Any other headlamps that have the angle and shape edges? The new Corvette headlamps have a turn signal/day driving/headlamp. I'm waiting for these next year and are not on the market yet. I posted a thread about various headlamps and many gave examples. Kameokid is one who'd came-up with the PIAA lights. One can always use the NSX headlamps?

Another alternative would be the Acura TL. I'm not sure if it can be pulled off? However, with the newer cars comming out, someone will soon pick a winner.

Whats up next for the Redux? I need to start a mold of the Silver choptop dash. I awaiting the new 2005 Mustang chome air vents. I'll by pass on the Audi's air vents. After that, it's onto the rear lights which are from a 1999 Eclipse.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, just a little feedback...love your work Curly.

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is going to be the ultimate fiero!!!

If you get some time could you take some pics of the front with the hood open, I would like to see how you made brackets and how the fender looks with amd without the headlights in, or will the headlights go up with the hood?

Also, if you wouldnt mind could you explain how you made your fiberglass dash in the silver choptop, I want to make a few fiberglass pieces and yours turned out very very nice.

Is this going to be a simple dash or elaborate dash (or in the middle) in redux?

One More Comment..... EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

This car is going to be the ultimate fiero!!!

If you get some time could you take some pics of the front with the hood open, I would like to see how you made brackets and how the fender looks with amd without the headlights in, or will the headlights go up with the hood?

Also, if you wouldnt mind could you explain how you made your fiberglass dash in the silver choptop, I want to make a few fiberglass pieces and yours turned out very very nice.

Is this going to be a simple dash or elaborate dash (or in the middle) in redux?

One More Comment..... EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Go back (1) pg and there is a pic of the hood open. The original OEM brackets are used. Nothing is changed in that regard.

The dash? Long story but here are some old pics that Songman posted.

her is the link:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032834.html

The only changes to be made will be the driver's gauges. Most will be in front and not on center arm rest and will hopefully sport 2005 air vents from the Mustang.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-07-2004).]

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is a pic of the sorta thing I was talking about..... this isnt exactly what I was thinking but it has the combined look...

after searching ebay and google without much luck....I sure thought there would have been more combinations like this

the headlights are keepers though.... the sharp angle gives the car a more exotic look, especially with the way you modified the hood

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the time, I couldn't find anything like what you'd shown. And anything on Ebay is either old or w/one side. The only thing I know of is the older style Corvette turn/fog lights.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33717&item=7925936229&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

00-04 Yukon Denali

the ebay auction is only for the RH but its somethin close to what I was sayin...

either way you go i'm sure the finished result will be impressive

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock