Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Redux (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Redux by chester
Started on: 01-10-2004 10:51 PM
Replies: 525 (39608 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 08-05-2015 01:29 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id say go with square lights over the round. The car has more edges than it does curves to flow with the rounds ones in my opinion.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's official curly,..I love these lights !

I don't care if you tweek them or not, they look awesome. The slight move back did seem a bit better, but regardless you have a definate winner there.

Don't change'em to the NSX ones (and i love the NSX ones) !!!

I think once every one gets over the shock value they willl begin to, pardon the pun, "see the light" and also falll in love with them.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-26-2004).]

red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it Those round fog lights are but ugly though. Squares better.

------------------
85 GT 4 speed 2.8L auto X'er

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Id say go with square lights over the round. The car has more edges than it does curves to flow with the rounds ones in my opinion.

Yes, I would agree. The round fog light don't flow with the "over-all" view. but thanks Kameo for demonstrating the lights any way. Hmmmmmm..........?

It seems "we" are in agreement on the round fog light being out. I was leaning towards the rectangular ones anyway. Plus it will go well with the new side markers that well be installed later. I'll give you guys a clue. There on are a car that came after our Fiero and also was on one the cars at the 20th?

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-26-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Okay, so there are no visionaries on board ah? Here is the exact look of the Fiero Redux after a few modification to the light and side markers.

The pics have been to Exoticse. So grab a beer/peanuts and enjoy.
Madcurl

------------------

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a rendering Curly just sent me of what he is thinking about now.... sorta 90 prototype looking... I may have to run over there with my camera and take some pics of my own to see how this baby looks...

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

I like it!

Thanks. I hoping somebody would like it. Keep the constructive comments comming, nah or yea.

Do you want to know what type of side marker are going into the side?
I have a frontal drawing of my "rendering" if you want to see?

Songman's right about it being a 90 concept style. Thats were the idea come from.

Tequilaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2004 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TequilazSend a Private Message to TequilazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the need for speed:

love the lights!!!!!!!!! kind of reminds me of the new vetts, they look sweet. and i love pop up's but looks good.

The new vette looks like a Mazda.

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's some different looks

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

[

Hmmmm.....very interesting? It looks good.

Okay now for a fascia view of what it might be? E-mailed sent to Exocticse and Songman. Enjoy.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok im confused are teh celica lights actually molded in yet or is it all photoshop?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

ok im confused are teh celica lights actually molded in yet or is it all photoshop?

Yeah their are TaurasThug but, are photo-shop'd slightly upward by 1-2"?. Kameo is tring-out some cool fog lights.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd move the fog lights up a little, they look too low to me.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

up just a bit puts them right where the old ones were.. that was why i put them low just to change it from what your used to seeing.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like em better where the stock ones go, but thats how I have my 3 in 1 lights so I guess I'm a little biased.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kameo, what is the name of the last photo-shop'd fog-lights?

------------------

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Kameo, what is the name of the last photo-shop'd fog-lights?

oh i knew you were going to ask that... hang on

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kameo Kid

2342 posts
Member since Jul 2002
here's a link..
http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/48/products_id/3667

ah you like those huh... i did too.

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 04-26-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go curls.

Sorry would have posted sooner but I worked late tonight:

Did i mention i love these celica headlights yet ?? Just checking.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks for the link Kameo. I like the one shown plus the PIAA 1500 model (3643-2kr).

Thanks Exoticse for posting po boy's drawings of how I might do the lights.

PFF
System Bot
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve always liked that Fiero concept drawing you’re taking your inspiration from, though the Celica headlights give it a completely different look. I would like to see the original turn signals mimic the shape of the headlights to give it a more cohesive look. Plus if you look at the Celica these lights are placed on the outermost portion of the hood and run into the front fender area. The wider the headlamps are set apart, the wider the front will look. So I’d like to see them placed farther apart. As far as setting them farther back, again you best bet is to look at the Celica and see how far back they have them set. But placement is going to be pretty subjective in that area. Also, if you’re trying to capture the look of the concept car you’ll have to widen the upper fastback. The concept drawing gives the Fiero shoulders which the Fiero lacks. Plus you may want to consider trying the staggered wheel look from the concept, 18/20 or even 21 would be pretty wild and give the car that concept look.
Color wise Corvette torch red is very bright but it does have an orange look to it in certain lights. Porsche reds have always been popular along with Ferrari red, the new Corvette C6 Precision Red might be a nice choice, though it looks like blood red next to the torch red. Hotrod books are a good resource to look for color choices. Color give the car personality, bright for sporty, light colors (whites, silvers) convey classiness, and black, grays for expensive. A bright color will ratchet up the wow factor, a subtle color will play better if you want folks to notice the bodywork more. Good luck.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

I’ve always liked that Fiero concept drawing you’re taking your inspiration from, though the Celica headlights give it a completely different look. I would like to see the original turn signals mimic the shape of the headlights to give it a more cohesive look. Plus if you look at the Celica these lights are placed on the outermost portion of the hood and run into the front fender area. The wider the headlamps are set apart, the wider the front will look. So I’d like to see them placed farther apart. As far as setting them farther back, again you best bet is to look at the Celica and see how far back they have them set. But placement is going to be pretty subjective in that area. Also, if you’re trying to capture the look of the concept car you’ll have to widen the upper fastback. The concept drawing gives the Fiero shoulders which the Fiero lacks. Plus you may want to consider trying the staggered wheel look from the concept, 18/20 or even 21 would be pretty wild and give the car that concept look.
Color wise Corvette torch red is very bright but it does have an orange look to it in certain lights. Porsche reds have always been popular along with Ferrari red, the new Corvette C6 Precision Red might be a nice choice, though it looks like blood red next to the torch red. Hotrod books are a good resource to look for color choices. Color give the car personality, bright for sporty, light colors (whites, silvers) convey classiness, and black, grays for expensive. A bright color will ratchet up the wow factor, a subtle color will play better if you want folks to notice the bodywork more. Good luck.

Thanks Choptop for the constructive comments.

Rim sizes: 18/21? I called HRE on 21's on they said, "we can make them." However, the largest diameter one can use in the stock rear (and still look low and bad) is 26.8. A 27.0 diameter will rub big time if it even slightley lowered. It has been demonstrated on a freinds 88Gt which were 255/40/19. He is now going to change over to stock rear springs too clear.

Fronts: 18's for the "old version" HRE's that are the style I have now suck big time. The 5-star spokes ain't elongated. So I passed on them and went 19's.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few fresh pics from madcurls to wet the appetite:

More work on the rear:

This is the spring for the held brake kit:

Another light shot:

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-14-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I'm back from hanging out with Songman. I had a Great time in his 3100.

Pics? 19's x 7.5 on 245/35/19s Toyos Proxes. yeah their short but will do the trick while heading out to Archie's soon.

Brakes? Lee/Held wanted a pic of the spring I used to reduce that noise while going over bad roads. It keeps the pads away from the rotors and reduces the chatter created while driving.

Rear bumber flare? Flared out 3" and down (Lowered) 2" for 20x11 later on. Looks groffy for now with little 19x7.5. These tires are maybe 1/16 away from spring perch.

Headlamps? Recess back by 2 1/2" Similar to the "Finale." It front fascia will slope into the lights as opposed to the first "pipe dream."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-15-2004).]

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know, just this afternoon, i was trying to remember the name of this thread so i could ask for an update, it is sweet.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

This thread holds an awesome inspiring car that will be remembered for a long time...btw, being a fan of round fog lights I'd say go with them...They do clash with the boxier style of the Fiero BUT, look at it this way....Your eclectic sense has brought you this car, sooooooo???? Not too mention they do to add to the overall value by striking out on their own creating a future yet to come kinda thing....Or future about to pass

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 05-15-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, my orders going in on the rectangular fog-lights that Kameo Kid demonstrated. The price is $340.......a little pricey but wil do the trick. The size is 2 1/16" high and 5 3/4" long I think? The lights come with a bracket that extends outward a bit. In my case, this mean the fog lights will not be totally recessed into the front bumper as much.

What so hot about them? Well the fog lights have (2) lamps, one can be used as a driving light, plus a front orange light. The orange light can take the place of the stock front light. The Celica's headlamps already have a turn marker in them and a driving light, so one or the other will be on?

Thanks Kameo for helping me out on the fog lights.

destroy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for destroyClick Here to visit destroy's HomePageSend a Private Message to destroyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have got to have the crappiest camera on earth known to man

its not a kodak moment, but good work

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by destroy:

you have got to have the crappiest camera on earth known to man

its not a kodak moment, but good work

hehehehe.......I know. Songman is my camera man. He got lost and wind'd up at the shop with no camera. I'll pick him up on my next visit. By then the lights should ber replace and car readt to roll.

destroy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for destroyClick Here to visit destroy's HomePageSend a Private Message to destroyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

What is that?? cardboard or some type of thin wood?

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by destroy:

What is that?? cardboard or some type of thin wood?

I asked the same question back on page 2 of this thread. Curly described it as a thin compressed carboard type of material used to make molds or one off products.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley, I'd be tempted to lose some of the length on the outboard sides of the front end; something like this:

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Or maybe even this:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Curley, I'd be tempted to lose some of the length on the outboard sides of the front end; something like this:

Yeah I agree. Thats why my glass man added the additional piece. He know its easier to remove vs. adding it. That way I don't get re-charged again. How will the front spoiler look? The only example is the after-market front kit for the newer Firebirds. The front spoiler will sport a 1-2" lip starting from the end of the open mouth going outward towards the corners. But right before the corner it will curve down another 1" ending up like the front end of the Silver Choptop were the side flares matching the Pisa rocker kit in height or lowness.

Thanks for your constructive comments....keep -up the good eye.

Bye-the-way, I have the PIAA 4000 Headlamps for the Fiero Redux now. These were similar to the ones Kameo Kid posted in pic here. But these have a driving light/foglight/marker light/and turn lihgt all in one unit. If you want to see them, I sent a pic to Exoticse. However, thier not bolted onto the car yet.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-22-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem madcurl here they are

Fiero redux fog lights:

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-22-2004).]

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump

ever get the lights on?

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pix of the PIAA's beside the stock turnsignal/marker light... just for a size comparison?

...love those lights BTW, good choice!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Aura:

any pix of the PIAA's beside the stock turnsignal/marker light... just for a size comparison?

...love those lights BTW, good choice!

Original posted on Fiero unveiling thread:

I got the PIAA 3000 but I found them too baby-ish for the opening. The ones that I got #4000 are bigger and will require some modification to the front fascia turn light housing but this is really no problem. The whole front fascia is getting re-done. However, the light was able to go-in backwards so that was good enough for me. I'll have my glass man cut-out some of the inner lip. It won't be flush but recessed back a little. Keep in mind, these are "all" pipe dream until its in, hehehe.

My secondary camera man can't be found (three day holiday) and Songman lives several miles away for better camera pics. My glass man has them so they should be in? But the shop is closed for the holiday, sorry no pics. The exact size is posted on the site kameo provided. I test fitted them at the shop last week. They fit-in backwards only (very tight, bluging out the inner lips) so there will need some cut'n on mainly the lower lip and some of the upper?

Also the Celica's lights are re-cessed by 2" and the front fascia has a straight lip prior to meeting up with the Celica headlamps. The front Pisa rocker panel is re-cessed back in the back area where of the front wheel. I didn't like that flaring out, looked stupid to me (between the front door and panel). The car is just about finished it's just a few minor touches that I need to have them perfect. I'll have the 20x11's on by June 9th or 10th for a pic? If car is fixed before the West fest show I might drive it up there if knowone is embaressed by all of the primer?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-28-2004).]

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh, my appologies.... i forgot about that original post.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock