Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY by doublec4
Started on: 06-10-2012 10:10 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: Oslo on 08-02-2012 02:21 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
For those of you who are familiar with my headlight build in the general fiero chat section, I am ready to start offering these BOLT ON light kits for sale.

NO CUTTING, NO FIBERGLASSING, NO DRILLING and can return to stock if you need to.

For those who have not seen them, and are interested in the build, take a moment to visit this thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087489.html

Let's start with a few pictures:

This is just the 2 outer lights on, with 3000K (gold) bulbs. The two inner lights provide a much wider angle of illumination because they are pushed forward more.

This is the very nice, uniform light spread with only 2 projectors on (inners), low beam, and 35W bulbs. So basically the lowest light output setting possible:

Here is the area of unlit space in front of the car (extremely minimum compared to all other Fiero flushmount kits)

I will try to get better pictures with a camera that does night shots better.

The price for a set in the group buy will be $410 US + shipping

You would receive:

- 2 lenses (VERY durable, see video below)

- 2 buckets
- 2 aiming brackets
- 2 mounting brackets

- All hardware
- 4 Bixenon projectors (They accept H1 bulbs)

- 4 projector shrouds [Your choice of the mini gatling gun (chrome) , or mini graphite (smoked clear)]

- Instructions

The kit comes unpainted and you would need to supply your own HID kits and wire them.

It's a time consuming process to make these so I really cannot offer to paint them for you, etc. They're not overly difficult to install. If you can turn a wrench you can install them. No cutting necessary, bolt in and if you don't like them, bolt out.

So, let us begin the group buy!

I would like to get at least 10 people in on the group buy for the first round. There are 5 sets that I will offer at a discount of $25 because you may need to drill a few holes or file existing holes. If you are interested in these discount sets, please pm me and I can provide you with more details.

To get on the group buy list, I will require a $100 deposit upfront, and then you can pay the rest when the sets are ready to ship out. I'm not 100% with the turn around time yet because I have to order in the projector lights in bulk. There is no price mark up on the projector lights and shrouds. You are getting them at cost.

Please PM me with your name, contact information, address, paypal info (I can do online bank transfer too) and please specify which projector shrouds you would like. You can do all 4 the same, or a pair of the mini gatlings + a pair of the clear smoked ones.

Thank you! Please post any questions you may have

DISCOUNT LIST (PM me for details of why they are discounted) ( 5 available ) $385 + shipping

1. wftb

2. MinnGreenGT

3. FieroWannaBe

4. Fiero2m8

5. Pallo88

REGULAR GROUP BUY PRICE $410 + shipping

1. ghost187x

2. pegasus1848

3. Oslo

4. BoostedSeries1

5. Joe86

6. x-thumpr-x

7. flimbob

Thank you guys again for all of your interest. It has helped inspire me to build these for the Fiero community!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-16-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
PM sent .
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
pm returned
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Pictures with hood open etc?

Thanks
Nolan
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by supplying my own HID kit? Does this kit not come with the wiring and everything else needed? Could you point me to where I could get that? Thanks.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Way to go! these are totally awesome!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm just trying to decide on shrouds at the moment. Would you be able to post a picture of what each set looks like installed with the lights off? I'll send my deposit once I can decide which ones I want
-Josh
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
I'm not real familiar with HID terminology, but what kind of bulb 'kit' is used with these projectors? I see there's D2S, H1, H4...and so on. Which one(s) fit in these projectors?
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I am in, if you will still be accepting buy-ins at the end of this week, since I want to wait until my next paycheck to lay down the deposit.
I'll PM you, but I am interested in the dicounted set.
85_gt_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_gt_manSend a Private Message to 85_gt_manDirect Link to This Post
hey id love to buy youre headlights
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Please PM me with your name, contact information, address, paypal info (I can do online bank transfer too) and please specify which projector shrouds you would like. You can do all 4 the same, or a pair of the mini gatlings + a pair of the clear smoked ones.

DISCOUNT LIST (PM me for details of why they are discounted) ( 5 available ) $385 + shipping

1. wftb

2. <--- THIS GUY!

PM Sent!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 06-11-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Hi guys, thank you for the responses so far!

I'll try and answer all of the questions here in one post.

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Pictures with hood open etc?

Thanks
Nolan

Nolan, I only have one picture with the hood open right now. Not a very good representation of what it could look like. This was during the installation process and the wiring is heading in just about every direction. Obviously this can be cleaned up. The rear mounting bracket was also not painted at this point. The bucket was not adjusted properly and the lens was not on the top side so you can also see light pass around the bucket. Lastly, the "tabs" on my set of lights were welded on the outside of the bucket. For everyone else, I will be doing them on the inside so they are not visible when the hood is up. It will look cleaner. Anyways, you'll have to use your imagination a little. I can get some better pictures this upcoming weekend. I've parked the car at home (hour and a half away from where I work/live during the work). Let me know if you would like any other pictures or details.

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by supplying my own HID kit? Does this kit not come with the wiring and everything else needed? Could you point me to where I could get that? Thanks.

Not a dumb question at all. You will need 2 HID kits and there are several ways you can wire them depending on how you want your lights to function. I believe I have an easy solution, I'm just waiting on the ebay harnesses to arrive so I can test them.

A single HID kit consists of a pair of HID bulbs (You will need H1 size with these projectors) and a pair of HID ballasts. The picture below is a single bulb/ballast combination:

You can find these kits just about anywhere in a massive range of prices. If you're looking to do things on the cheap, try ebay. I've put together an HID kit off of ebay for $20 shipped. Some of our Fiero vendors such as TLG also sell kits, not sure about their price though. You will have to check their website or get in contact with forum member Oslo from TLG.

Originally posted by OneSlowFiero:

I'm just trying to decide on shrouds at the moment. Would you be able to post a picture of what each set looks like installed with the lights off? I'll send my deposit once I can decide which ones I want
-Josh

Hi Josh, the chrome shrouds are much more visible during the day with the lights off. The clear smoked ones sort of blend in with everything (especially if you choose to paint the inside of your buckets black.

I wish I had my car here with me at the moment to snap some pictures, but regardless, I would probably recommend the chrome ones. They seem to "pop" more and fit more snug over the projectors. The smoked ones will require some double sided tape at the back to hold them on. (You would never be able to see it, don't worry)

These pictures are with an unpainted lens during the build process so you can see the shrouds better:

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

I'm not real familiar with HID terminology, but what kind of bulb 'kit' is used with these projectors? I see there's D2S, H1, H4...and so on. Which one(s) fit in these projectors?

It would be an H1 bulb kit. I probably should have mentioned that in my original post. I just edited it

I ordered some HID high beam controller harnesses off of ebay with H4 plugs so I can plug them right into the Fiero wiring harness. It then uses a relay to draw power from the battery, using the stock wiring harness only to trip the relay on/off. When I receive them, I'll test them out to see if they work and then confirm for you guys.

Looks like thats it for now!

Keep the questions and pms coming

Thank you!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-11-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 85_gt_man:

hey id love to buy youre headlights

pm sent!
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
pm with my info sent
chrome is my choice
regular group

[This message has been edited by pegasus1848 (edited 06-11-2012).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with doublec4 through PM and I think we (TLG) can offer a plug and play HID solution for this product.

Option #1: 35w HID System (Any Color) - Fits Left/Right Low beam or High beam: $149 (Regular $199)

http://www.tlg-auto.com/35w...ID_Kit_p/8013503.htm

Option #2: 55w HID System with relay harness (Any Color - Fits Left/Right Low beam or High beam: $175 (Regular $220)

http://www.tlg-auto.com/55w...ID_Kit_p/8015503.htm

This is a killer deal and only being offered on this forum for a short time, for this product. The wiring will fit the stock Fiero harness and allow you to use only 1 HID kit + 1 set of halogen bulbs or 2 HID kits.

Shipping in the continental USA is included in the above price!
Just shoot me a PM or email (chris@TLG-Auto.com) to place your order.
------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-12-2012).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Oslo : so in order to run low and high beams one would need to order 4 of those kits ? Just want to clarify
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Oslo : so in order to run low and high beams one would need to order 4 of those kits ? Just want to clarify

One kit includes enough to outfit 2 projectors (has 2 xenon bulbs + 2 HID ballasts), so you will need 1 kit for low beams or 1 kit for high beams.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Mayor2020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mayor2020Send a Private Message to Mayor2020Direct Link to This Post
I like the BOLT ON light kits . How much for both sides,and what is all included.
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent!
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Just to clarify,

You would need 2 HID kits. You can have all 4 lights running in low beam mode if you wish. Then, when you switch to high beam, you can activate the solenoid in each projector and have 4 lights in high beam mode.

I have some wiring relay controllers heading my way in the mail that may be able to do this very, very simply. They'll take a while to get in, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Mayor2020:

I like the BOLT ON light kits . How much for both sides,and what is all included.

Hi Mayor2020,

The regular priced kits are still up for grabs. $410 US + shipping gets you:

- 2 lenses
- 2 buckets
- 2 mounting brackets
- 2 aiming brackets
- 4 bixenon projectors
- 4 shrouds
- Hardware
- Instructions

Everything comes unpainted, so you will need a can of spray paint, some masking tape, and 2 HID kits.

It is all listed in the original post in greater detail + pictures.

Let me know if you'd like a set!

Thank you!
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
A good source for bulbs, ballasts and wiring harness can be found here vvvvv

http://www.theretrofitsourc...php?products_id=3959

this will work for 2 of the 4 projectors and it's the same company that sells the projectors that are used in this headlight set up.

[This message has been edited by BoostedSeries1 (edited 06-12-2012).]

Joe86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe86Send a Private Message to Joe86Direct Link to This Post
pm sent
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
All pm's returned!

10 spots have filled up, but I will leave the group buy open until Sunday. Anyone else interested, get in on this now!

I'll send the order out for the projectors on Monday!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-13-2012).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
So, what's that in CDN money & is there a pick up price? LOL

These look very intersting, put me down for a set too. PM me any further info you need Chris.

------------------

Currently own: 87 GT 3400, 87 SE, 87 Coupe T-top
Previously owned: 84 Sport Coupe, 2 85GT's, 87 Coupe (T-top donor)

G.T. Fieros

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
x-thumpr-x you're now on the list!

Always room for more everybody, don't be shy!

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
One person has had to back out.

Would anyone like to step in and take over his deposit? We could set it up so that you send him $100 so he gets his money back and he doesn't lose out on the paypal fees. Let me know!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Put me down please to take that spot

As far as paypal fees go, when you do a full refund all of the fees are also refunded.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Put me down please to take that spot

As far as paypal fees go, when you do a full refund all of the fees are also refunded.

Thanks Chris, I actually just sent him his money back. So unfortunately a few dollars were lost in the transaction. I did not see an option to refund the money though? I had to resend it back as a seperate transaction.. hmm

I'll put your name on the list and send you a pm. Thank you!

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Pretty sharp looking kit... if i start another custom project I'll deffietley be getting one
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Pretty sharp looking kit... if i start another custom project I'll deffietley be getting one

Thank you!

Had a few more pms today with people showing interest. Always room for a couple more
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
How heavy is each bucket?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
DoubleC4... Absolutely fantastic!

Those looking for a high quality HID kit for these lenses, TLG's are the way to go. I have been running my Level 2 kit for several years now, and not even a hiccup.

Tony
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I don't understand, I was under the impression this was a plug and play kit. What else is necessary to install them and get them working and what would the TOTAL price be? Peace

Pete
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

How heavy is each bucket?

I tried to weigh them before I installed them but I was having trouble getting them to register on the digital scale I have. They're light, not as light weight as I had originally anticipated because I went with sheet metal instead of plastic buckets. However, I don't feel they would be heavier than the stock set up. Plus, eliminating the noisy/fussy headlight motors is a big bonus here. Not to mention the superior light output of a HID projector.

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

I don't understand, I was under the impression this was a plug and play kit. What else is necessary to install them and get them working and what would the TOTAL price be? Peace

Pete

The kit is plug and play / bolt on. The only thing missing is paint and the HID kits. The total price with the HID kits depends on where you source your kits from. You can be frugal and source things out on ebay, or go to other forum vendors and get kits with warranties etc. Thats in your hands but its the only other thing you need. The HID kits are "universal" and require minimal wiring.

Thank you
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

pm sent

pm returned, thank you! You're now on the list
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Just a weekend bump, last day of the group buy is tomorrow!

Some night pictures:

Just to reiterate, this is with only a single pair of projectors on, 35W bulbs, and 8000K temp bulbs (6000K are the brightest). These were all shot with low beam only!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Group buy is now CLOSED!

Thank you everyone for your orders!

I will be buying the projectors today and I will be very busy making these lights now. I appreciate all of the interest everyone has shown

If anyone else still has questions, comments, etc feel free to post or pm me. There will be another group buy in the near future if you missed out on this one.

Thank you
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock