Extended Windshield for Fieros by 355Fiero
Started on: 02-15-2011 01:58 AM
Replies: 104
Last post by: 355Fiero on 09-03-2013 07:11 PM
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hello All;

I haunt here regularly but post very seldom. I have two kitcars that are based off Fieros but don't play with Fieros specifically much any more.

A bit of background to explain the Subject.

I have come across a company in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada that can make an extended windshield that fits the Fiero a-pillars and top and kicks the centre of the bottom out about 7". This extended windscreen has been made in the past and was originally commissioned by several Ferrari 355 kit enthusiasts back in 2004 to remove the flat Fiero screens in our replicas and replace it with a much closer resemblance of the Ferrari curvature. It actually has the Fiero a-pillars and top and a 355 bottom curve. About 20 of these screens were made and sold off to 355 kit owners back then and since then, several more builders have been looking for good replacement screens including myself and I have found a company that will make the mould and then make dot approved screens. I have one of the original screens made back in 2004 and I will use that screen as a plug for the new moulds.

On to the reason for this topic.

I am wondering if any of the Fiero owners here would be interested in entering into a bulk purchase of the screens to help get more orders and therefore reduce the costs somewhat. The preliminary pricing I have so far from the company is $750 CDN each FOB Vancouver BC. That was for an order of 5-7 screens. The company also said if I can double the order they could drop to $650 CDN each. This is not a cheap alternative but it does look really good installed. A couple pics below to show the difference between the Fiero screen and the extended screen in side view on a 355 kit.

I have no interest in making any money off this project, I just want a couple screens for myself to use on my kits and have a couple spares in case I meet with a rock or something in the future. The above prices are direct from the company. 12 % HST (Provincial and Federal tax combined) will be applied to each screen as well as additional shipping.

Fiero Windshield

After the windshield is installed. You will see the sides and top fit very well and the bottom is about 7" further out compared to a Fiero.

I have a tray mould that is made from fiberglass that fits the bottom of the screen and one other person in Eastern US has the tray mould as well to be able to make the trays for folks out that side.

When you install the windshield, it pretty much ends over top of the stock Fiero front hood latch so the latch needs to be moved, or double latches can be installed on each side of the hood. Also the wipers need to be moved but there is lots of info on how to do that and I can post over here to show how that is done.

The price is not cheap by any means but it does really change the look of the windshield area like Curly's screen on MadArch Rival.

I am posting here to see if anyone is interested in purchasing one or more screens. Shipping will need to be worked out from Vancouver BC, Canada to wherever the purchaser(s) is(are) but my thoughts were that if several folks in a general area buy, the screens can be shipped to a central location near all of the buyers to help share the shipping costs. I don't think shipping one screen will be any different cost than shipping a screen crate filled with 5 screens.

If there isn't enough interest, I won't bother proceeding with the manufacturing at this time. I want at least 10-15 orders committed before I will go ahead. I have 2 so far on the kitcar forum and 2 for myself so need several more to make it worth the effort.

Thanks
Don
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
That's actually pretty cool. I wonder how an otherwise stock Fiero would look with the increased rake windshield. Maybe 'like' a chop, but without the resulting headroom loss..

Lots of work to make it all go smoothly, but honestly, 750 for a custom windshield isn't a bad price.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by dsnover:[/B

Lots of work to make it all go smoothly, but honestly, 750 for a custom windshield isn't a bad price.

Agreed... Hell, it's probably a better price than a replacement gauge lens on a real F355.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I've been dreaming about this for a few weeks now.
Didn't think this would exist in the real world..

Please PM me with more info.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by dsnover:

That's actually pretty cool. I wonder how an otherwise stock Fiero would look with the increased rake windshield. Maybe 'like' a chop, but without the resulting headroom loss..

That would be great. I rather have as much head room as possible, and even in the stock car it's not enough for a helmet.

More pictures would be great to peak interest.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have some more pics of the window frame and tray that needs to be put in below. These are all on the 355 replicas but you can see how much would need to be cut from the front hood to get it all to fit. Moving the wipers is pretty easy as well. You just need to turn the motor around so that the rotating arm is outside the cowl vs inside on oem. Then you move the driver's wiper out about 2" and make a mounting plate for the passenger wiper. A bit of adjusting of some Neon wiper arm lengths and you are good to go.

A few more pics.

Fiero A-Pillar frame tied into the bottom tray ready for paint.

Pic of the extension tray. The top of the grey extension is the shape of the original Fiero screen tray so you can see how much the bottom of the screen comes out compared to the stock Fiero screen. You can also see the outer edge of the extension pretty much ends at the front of the cowl so it takes the cowl space up.

In the car

Front trunk area with extended screen.

You can see in the last pic above the under hood frame and how much of the oem Fiero frame is cut away. This frame is a fiberglass piece that was moulded from oem Fiero and cut back to form the shape of the hood top. You can also see the double hood latches. All easily done.

Cheers
Don

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 02-16-2011).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I have a question related to the structure support. The fiberglass wouldn't be very strong and what if the something happened to force the top part of the window down... would it pull/break the fiberglass bottom edge? Of course, you would have bigger issues, but just raising the question as the windshield is part of the window frame structure, when properly installed.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry but I am not sure I quite understand your question?

Are you asking if the a-pillars and top of the windshield are fiberglass? The a-pillars and top of the screen frame are oem Fiero. The fiberglass piece is the extended tray at the bottom of the extended windshield. The tray is fitted in front of the oem lower frame edge and screwed down and sealed to the cowl and connected to the a-pillar windshield suround to make sure there is a water tight seal all around the screen.

I am not sure what would cause the windshield to push down from the top other than flipping the car or having something push down pretty hard on the top of the Fiero and then yes, I am sure the fiberglass tray would break but so would a lot of other stuff like the screen etc.

I am not sure I answered your question and if not, please try to clarify for me so I can can understand an bit better what you are asking.

Thanks much
Don
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth, I'll vouch for Don...I've had email contact with him several times and have watched his work progress for years over at Ari's/madmechanics. Don's always willing to help and is an asset to the kitcar world.

Don, I've got one of these penciled in my dreamcar, but alas, as always, money is an issue and the car remains a dream. (Still want that Koemig 512TR)...

good luck with the sale

Bob
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bob;

I hope you get that Koenig 512TR as they are nice cars.

I don't think this will go too far. I understand everyone's reluctance as there aren't any products to view already done. I can show the template which I have but I can't show the finished product until I get more orders. Catch 22 for sure.... Just thought I would throw this out to see about interest...

Anyway, I'll keep looking and maybe I will just get one built for myself and I'll give the info out and anyone can go order one for themselves. I suspect it won't be as cheap as the $750 each though.

Thanks for the interest and questions folks but I think I will just move on and do what I need for myself only.

Cheers
Don
LZeppelin513

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Direct Link to This Post
Wow that seems like a good price.

I am surprised more people aren't jumping on this. This would really set off the exotic look on even a stock Fiero. At a later time in my life I would love to buy a couple of these. Hopefully something like this comes around in a year or so.

Beautiful replica btw.

Good luck with your builds,
-Blake

[This message has been edited by LZeppelin513 (edited 02-17-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
ZombiePenguin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinDirect Link to This Post
Might be kind of a stupid question, but where are the wipers located, and does it hinder the HVAC systems
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeppelin513:

Wow that seems like a good price.

I am surprised more people aren't jumping on this. This would really set off the exotic look on even a stock Fiero. At a later time in my life I would love to buy a couple of these. Hopefully something like this comes around in a year or so.

Beautiful replica btw.

Good luck with your builds,
-Blake

The biggest issue is that most are not capable of doing it or paying to have it done. I figured when I'm ready, the Trevor windshields (original ones) wouldn't be available so I would use one from another car like a few of the "modifiers" have done. If these were available, bonus...

Bob

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ZombiePenguin:

Might be kind of a stupid question, but where are the wipers located, and does it hinder the HVAC systems

ZombiePenguin;

The wiper motor is turned around in the same location so the articulating arm is now inside the front trunk area vs. in the cowl. The driver's wiper mount moves forward about 2" but more or less in the same location as oem. The passenger side wiper mount needs a mount fabricated to attach to the cowl front plate just above the HVAC condenser canister. The push rod arms connect the wiper arms after a bit of bending to clear gear.

None of the moved equipment or the screen interfere with the HVAC equipment in the trunk area.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers
Don
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Wow! I missed this. I've been running this idea through my head for quite some time now. Not only does it improve the appearance, it improves the aerodynamics.

I'll get in on this if you do it. It's far easier than the ideas I have running wild, and my windshield had been gouged by bare wiper arms swiping over the glass anyway. I know how hard it is to get people to jump in, particularly because most Fiero people on this side of the fence (the non-kit car world) can't afford a mod like this. Not putting anyone down, it's just true.

For some, the HVAC cowl intakes may be a concern, it looks like it blocks them off completely. I'd reroute them to the fenders though, which is a good idea anyway since I'm going with a large extractor that will blow hot radiator air into the intakes, lessening the efficiency of the A/C, and rendering the vent flow into the car largely useless in the summer.

I would like to say I'd take two, but that might be a bit above the range my wife won't explode over, but might not be impossible still. As is, I'd already better get moving on her plans for a raised garden!
If there's any chance you might go through with this, please PM me!

------------------

'88 Fiero GT - Project MIDTRBO
'10 Camaro LT/RS - daily driver
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11-second winter beater
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-21-2011).]

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Looks great. I was thinking of this earlier but didnt see any proven options. This will work but alas I have already bought a new windshield and painted my hood.

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Looks great. I was thinking of this earlier but didnt see any proven options. This will work but alas I have already bought a new windshield and painted my hood.

It would look really good on the 2m8 though. I'm looking at the profile pic in your signature.
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
yes you get the laid back windshield with out choping the top looks great
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
355Fiero, do you have any additional pictures of extended windshields?

I think more people would jump in it, the more they see it really works. I totally understand how frustrating it is to get a group buy together. Please hang in there. It just takes time.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
I might be interested, when will the deadline be?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
355Fiero, I hope this thread will New Lambo rolling chassis... Cool familiarity help generate more interest in the extended windshields.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 02-22-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I love this look. Are you offering the fiberglass bottom portion seperately as well? (I might have missed that part)...
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
My friend brought up a good question:

How big will the run be? As in what will I do if the windshield gets chipped/cracked.
How easy will it be to get replacement windshields? Will anybody store inventory?
TrackMagicWS6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrackMagicWS6Send a Private Message to TrackMagicWS6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

How easy will it be to get replacement windshields? Will anybody store inventory?

biggest question, You'd almost have to buy 2 of them for this very reason.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Are the hood safety pins retained or are they covered by the new windshield.
sactodreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sactodreamerSend a Private Message to sactodreamerDirect Link to This Post
I photo shopped an extended windshield (I don't think it's as extended as Don's) on my reverse chop top thread for a Fiero.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TrackMagicWS6:
You'd almost have to buy 2 of them for this very reason.

I was thinking about this right after I posted a few days ago, and if it's worth getting one, it's worth getting two. My wife agrees!
Keep in mind, though, that good windshield repairers can do amazing things with chipped or broken windshields so you wouldn't be totally SOL if something minor happens.

In short, I'm in for 2 windshields if you're willing to go through with this, 355Fiero. I'll send a PM in case you aren't checking in on this thread. Lots of people say they'll buy something and then just disappear when it's time to pony up... but I'm not one of those people. You can count on me (unless something completely life altering happens, but that's always a given, and my life is pretty boring. )

I hope you get going with this, keep us up to date one way or another.

------------------

'88 Fiero GT - Project MIDTRBO
'10 Camaro LT/RS - daily driver
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11-second winter beater
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 09-17-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What about the safety pins that prevent the hood from cutting your head off during an accident?
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
I guess the pics don't show them directly, but it looks to me like they're untouched. The windshield doesn't get very deep until the middle.
Of course I could be wrong. Either way, in my case it won't matter much because I won't have much of a hood left with the full depth extractor and this windshield, what will be left should break away like a small twig, not to mention the increased angle of the windshield is more likely to deflect the hood away instead of through like the stock flat windshield.
(Disclaimer: ) That being said, if it rendered the pins entirely useless and nothing could fix that, I wouldn't install this windshield with an otherwise (but clearanced) stock hood.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-26-2011).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:
Thanks for the interest and questions folks but I think I will just move on and do what I need for myself only.

Judging from the lack of a response to any of the more recent questions, and the sentence above, I would say he's made his decision and doesn't intend to go through with any of this. I guess chalk this up to another person who meant well, but isn't going to actually deliver.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
That's what it sounds like to me, but I'm hoping my commitment will help change his mind again, particularly if he's going to have them make some anyway.
I sent him a PM, hopefully I get a response.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
If he would just answer the questions about the safety pins he could have 2 to 3 more orders ( curly and myself). But I do get nervous with group buys when the OP gets lost and doesn't answer PMs or Questions on his own thread.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

If he would just answer the questions about the safety pins he could have 2 to 3 more orders ( curly and myself). But I do get nervous with group buys when the OP gets lost and doesn't answer PMs or Questions on his own thread.

Don spends more time at Madmechanics.com than he does here, and I believe as of his last post, the topic was dead. He may not even know there has been more intrest. Give Don a bit more time to answer...

Bob
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey all;

I haven't checked this thread at all since I last posted thinking it was a dead item and I moved on.

I am reworking my front clip on my 308 replica to look more oem and building 355 replica headlight buckets for the 355 replicas so I don't get here often to post as I have lots of projects already going.

Some answers to the various questions.

Pins: I do not believe the pics would be removed unless the stock Fiero hood gets cut away in this area. On my replica, I have a redone front hood so I don't know for sure. I'll check some pictures from the ones I have to see if the pin area is compromised. The driver's wiper gets relocated down to this area so that might be an impediment.

Screens: When I talked to the glass company, I had 7 screens more or less committed and they gave me a price of $750 CDN each. That included their work to build the moud for the screens. For one only screen, they said $1250.00 CDN +tax for both. I would have to assume that having fewer would land in the area between the $750 and $1250 each and getting additional screens would get a bit cheaper. I did get a reply about going down to $650 CDN +tax if there were several more to be purchased but he wasn't going any lower than that. I did not get a number for the $650 price.

Replacements: The company I was talking to builds the moulds and makes screens as a full time business so unless the mould is in the way, I would assume they would keep the mould for later use. They had also made these types of screens for a kit car company up in Calgary many years ago but threw the mould out when they moved to a new location so I would guess they keep the moulds as long as they don't need room. As for getting more made in the future, that would have to be identified in the inital process of how long they might keep the mould and what one off costs may be. I certainly have no intention of keeping an inventory.....

Lower tray: There are two options for the lower tray. I have a mould from the defunct kit car company I can pull pieces from but the edges are not finished as well as they could be for sitting on the cowl. It works just fine as I have done it with that piece but there is more work involved. There is also a fellow in Eastern States that has a really nice mould for the trays from the fellow that did the original screen purchase back in 2004. If this goes any further, then the trays can also be purchased.

Cowl HVAC: This is an issue as it does cover the cowl openings with the tray. I planned on cutting holes into the fender areas with screens and deflectors etc. to keep crap out. Not sure how that would work on a stock Fiero as I would be doing it on a 308 replica and a 355 replica where there is a bit more room under the fenders. The tray does cover the cowl inlets though.

As for those starting to chirp in about not answering anything, I don't get here often nor was I checking this thread thinking it was done. I offered this out to others who might be interested. I have not added anything on for my effort as the costs you see in this thread are directly from the glass company. I don't hold any liability for the screens as I would be getting everything built and shipped straight from the glass company to drop spots in the States or wherever so liability would be an issue to take up with the company versus me. Given how people so quickly turn on deals like this, I may not proceed anyway. I have seen good intentions in the hobby go so sideways so quickly that it may well not be worth it. Too many stupid people in the world...... I will offer up the company name to anyone who is interested in looking further into this and I will deal with the few people I have so far and anyone else can deal with the company directly after the first batch is built.

To date, there seems to be interest from:

ALLTRBO for 2
Me for 2
One fellow from Canada for 1

That makes 5. Let's see what price will come from 5 to see if it is worthwhile. Good chance I won't be looking again here often so may not be any updates for a bit. I will work with ALLTRBO offline.

Cheers all
Don
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply to the PM and the added input on installation in a choptop.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What about the safety pins that prevent the hood from cutting your head off during an accident?

Thanks, haven't even thought of that. So that's what those things are for.

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
I guess the pics don't show them directly, but it looks to me like they're untouched. The windshield doesn't get very deep until the middle.
Of course I could be wrong. Either way, in my case it won't matter much because I won't have much of a hood left with the full depth extractor and this windshield, what will be left should break away like a small twig, not to mention the increased angle of the windshield is more likely to deflect the hood away instead of through like the stock flat windshield.
(Disclaimer: ) That being said, if it rendered the pins entirely useless and nothing could fix that, I wouldn't install this windshield with an otherwise (but clearanced) stock hood.

Thanks for answering this so quickly.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 02-28-2011).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
355Fiero, like I told you in PM form, you need to keep checking this thread if you want this done.

The nature of group buys is that they take a long time, and the person putting the group buy has a ton of "prep work" to do in answering all possible questions and making it as easy as possible for prospective buyers to pull the trigger.
You chose to put this on PFF, so you have to either follow through, or call this project Dead-On-Arrival. (I surely hope it's the former)
If you think there is a market in Fiero owners who want extended windshields on an otherwise stock looking Fiero, then you have to show us that this is possible to do. Quite a lot of people have stock Fieros because they either lack the skillset to build a kit car, or the time, or like the Fiero to look mostly as it came from the factory. (save for the few potential customers, who think the nearly flat stock windshield screams '80's, and think a more curved leaning windshield will make the car look more modern to them and more enjoyable in turn.)
There are quite a few Fiero drivers, who like the look of Archie's chop tops, but can't use them because they are either too tall, wear a helmet at track days, or have other issues that may prevent them to take height out of the interior of the car. This extended windshield may be an alternate solution to them.

Remember you're the one who knows the most about this projects and extended windshields. Many of us don't have time to do all the research just to get to the point you are at.
If you can help us with the research part, I'm sure we can help you by jumping on this project.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks Don. Email sent.

To everyone- Considering the nature of a limited buy like this, I think he's done just fine, though I admit waiting a little longer is necessary for people to see the thread and think about it some.
In my eyes he explained everything quite thoroughly here (especially now) and posted good pics. I don't know what more could be expected, something like this doesn't come with a step-by-step instruction manual you know.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroDirect Link to This Post
All;

I have had several PM's asking for more info and a few, unfortunately, flaming me for putting something out and then not giving everyone everything but a soother to placate them. Those that I answered in PM's or email, I have no issue with and wish you the best. Those I have not answered that sent me PMs, my sincere condolences to you for thinking you can say such things to others freely. You really do need to check your filters and perhaps grow up and become big boys like the rest of us....... I really do pity the likes of you.

I have seen some incredible work done here to Fieros by folks that are interested in taking the Fiero to new and different directions. I thought, maybe an extended screen would help with some of those and others.

To be clear with everyone, I plan to ask the company I have been dealing with to run 5 screens for myself, ALLTRBO and one other fellow and see what the cost will be and work it out with them to proceed and I will freely give the name to the company that I used for anyone else that wants to do this mod to their Fiero but I won't be working the details any further here.

Again, sorry if I have offended some of the less hearty folks here but such is life and we move on. Consider the topic dead.

Cheers
Don

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 03-01-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay