Driven Vision Decklid avent by Daredevil05
Started on: 04-28-2009 03:54 PM
Replies: 131
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 10-30-2012 10:09 PM
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Still looking for a louvered vent . There's one on eBay but every time I bid on it I get outbid. Looks like someone is coaching the price up. Don't like to be scammed. I'd rather buy from someone here instead.

Dave
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
do you have pics of the vent that you want?
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
It's on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...Q5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPar tsQ5fAccessories

Should end within 10 seconds.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

do you have pics of the vent that you want?

Do you have one for sell?

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Dave, I've seen that on a choptop widebody Fiero and what I heard that decklid vent needs LOTS of work due to being warp if it's made by Driven Visions.
http://tinyurl.com/dgckvv

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-29-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I thought so because the one on eBay looked warped. I still would want one even though it would require alot of work. Thanks for the heads up.

I even called yesterday the driven vision number I their site and it's disconnected. It's ashame because that mold will be lost for who knows how long.

Did the owner of Driven Vision ever finished his choptop before he passed away.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 04-29-2009).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Dave,

You have a PM.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-29-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Bump

Still searching.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
If you can find a pic of one I might consider making them. I'm currently working on several parts & plan to do a bunch of them in the next few months.
http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
If you decide to produce this vent count me in for one.

Here's the link to Sourmug's build using the Driven Vision vent which is no longer available and may be lost forever unless someone else starts producing this fiberglass piece.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000074-2.html

Thanks Paul for taking interest in this vent.

The Riv

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 01-16-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Count me in if these hit production!
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Its not lost, I have a sample of it.

[This message has been edited by Quad GT (edited 01-16-2011).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, that looks like it would be a lot of work...
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Yeah; pretty good amount of work to make a plug from scratch. If I can get my hands on an original to re-work, I could have a mold ready for production fairly quickly.
EDIT: I *am* working on a decklid with a scoop... http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html Now have it ready for final sanding & making the mold.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 01-16-2011).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Its not lost, I have a sample of it.

What do you mean a sample of it? Elaborate.

Is it for sale if not are you willing to send it to Paul so he can make a mold of it to help out the Fiero community?

The Riv

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 01-17-2011).]

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
I bought it from a guy from Hong Kong a few years ago and never installed it. Give me a day or 2 to dig it up.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I’ve been looking for one of those but resorted to trying to make my own from scratch.
Those were made by Driven Visions but I believe he may have passed away and they are no more.

They are also commonly called D-Max style hood scoops, made in Hong Kong for Hondas, Acuras etc for that ricer look.
OR this guy looks like he's/was making copies out of FB for $220 or CF for 300 not sure if he still is.
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-it...rbon-fiber-sold.html

I wish i had gotten one from DV, they were about half that price. There was also somebody in Canada who was making them for cheep but they needed to be reinforced as shown in Sourmug build thread

Originally posted by Sourmug:

and yes, i'll bet it was alot of work! but worth it.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-17-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
The Driven Vision molds are for sale.

You can contact his wife, pm me for her email.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-17-2011).]

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Found it! It was behind my spare Quad 4, Ill contact Driver so he can make molds.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Well I was thinking that if the "Driven Vision" molds were for sale, I wouldn't want to just copy someone else's design & sell it (I wouldn't much appreciate it if someone did so with my original designs). But I see that it's a copy of another part made for Hondas & such, so I won't feel bad about making it. Plus, I'll re-work it to better fit the Fiero, & make it more functional. One thing I don't care about is the raised louvers that are not cut out/functional. I may eliminate the rear one, etc. I'll just have to see when I get it what works on the Fiero.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

All Pms have been responded.

I believe Jenny (the wife) is trying to sell all his molds and the chopper gun as a package deal, but if the price were right i am sure she probably would not balk at breaking them up.

Not sure how many molds there are, or what she is seeking you would need to ask her.
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
All Pms have been responded.

I believe Jenny (the wife) is trying to sell all his molds and the chopper gun as a package deal, but if the price were right i am sure she probably would not balk at breaking them up.

Not sure how many molds there are, or what she is seeking you would need to ask her.

Thanks exoticse.
I emailed her maybe we can work something out. Anyone know what all parts he was making? Hopefully she can send me pics of everything.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Have not heard back from Jenny. Perhaps that email address is no longer valid.
The part is on it's way here. I'll let you know when I get it what I think of it & I'll start very soon afterward on installing & re-working it on a spare notch decklid.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 02-03-2011).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
You're the man Paul!

The Riv
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I emailed her as well and heard nothing back. I also tried the old Drivenvision email and got nothing. I'd be interested in one of these as well depending on price.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Got the vent from Quad GT today. It IS a rough part, with very wavy louvers & such. Once I'm making progress on it, I'll keep updates posted here & on my webpage.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

I'm a hi-skool congragulet! Ain't nutin' gonna' stop me now but my inate inabilitries to progness cognatious thunk.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Paul for taking on this project and thanks Quad GT for loaning the vent.

The Riv
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Ran across this thread here....

Hey guys, if Jenny's email is not working I can probably get in touch with her. She lives about 2 miles from me.

Joe had an entire 15 x 20 or so shed stacked with various molds (most Fiero, some molds for other cars). I believe Jenny has his chopper gun for sale as well. I'm not sure if that included anything else, such as glass spools, resin tanks, etc.

I have an e-mail address for her that was working up until about Christmas time.
Also, Joe's sister has an account on PFF. Micheal's (Joe's sister) PFF ID is drivenvisions.

I told Jenny that I would try to help her sell what she wanted to, but have not heard from her. There was someone in Michigan that had expressed an interest, but that as far as it went.
~~Dan aka GMplastic
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
We need pics or something.

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

We need pics or something.

Pics of the vent this thread is about are above.
Turns out the vent that Quad GT sent is made for a fastback. So I guess it's best that I make it on the fastback decklid first (less initial work), then I'll make that part & adapt it to the notch.
It's a rough part, & will take a lot of work to make it right. I'll get some pics up on my page sometime in the next few days.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple pics of the DrivenVisions vents completed.

I have to give credit to Archie's crew for doing all the glasswork on this decklid and thanks to Troy for changing his direction.

PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Here are a couple pics of the DrivenVisions vents completed.

You see how the vent points at the rear don't line up with the raised area of the Fiero lines in this photo? That's one of the things I plan to correct. Going to take a lot of work to do so: I'll have to cut both sides all the way up & re-connect the louvers to the sides.
Not knocking the work done on this car, just saying that the vent was not designed for a Fiero.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

You see how the vent points at the rear don't line up with the raised area of the Fiero lines in this photo? That's one of the things I plan to correct. Going to take a lot of work to do so: I'll have to cut both sides all the way up & re-connect the louvers to the sides.
Not knocking the work done on this car, just saying that the vent was not designed for a Fiero.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Paul, if you are referencing the point next to the vent that covers the battery then I agree. In this photo it did not line up, it was because when Archie modified the decklid for Troys car he had one of the bolting points cut out to clear something on the motor. Where my hinge connects it was only held in place by one bolt. I have since fixed this and my vents are flush with edge that you see. I will try to pull my car out of the garage this weekend and post an "after" pic.

If you go to Troy's We Build a Perfect Union thread you will see that Archie's crew stripped off the top layer of the original decklid and that this vent connection point is no higher than the factory height. You can see some detailed pics on the first two pages.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul glad you finally got it, if I knew you were going to trim it down I could have saved a few more bucks on shipping lol

I was a bit worried tracking the package on my iPhone, it seemed "the item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country" it would never reach you.

Take your time and make some magic

Glad I could help out and give something back to this great Forum of ours.
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul,
PM sent.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

I am glad your are address this; it was the first thing I noticed!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Paul, if you are referencing the point next to the vent that covers the battery then I agree. In this photo it did not line up, it was because when Archie modified the decklid for Troys car he had one of the bolting points cut out to clear something on the motor. Where my hinge connects it was only held in place by one bolt. I have since fixed this and my vents are flush with edge that you see. I will try to pull my car out of the garage this weekend and post an "after" pic.

If you go to Troy's We Build a Perfect Union thread you will see that Archie's crew stripped off the top layer of the original decklid and that this vent connection point is no higher than the factory height. You can see some detailed pics on the first two pages.

I don't quite follow you. What I'm talking about has nothing to do with anything cut underneath. I'm referring to the way the rear point of the vent runs off of the factory raised area. That ain't right.
Can you post a link to the post on the "perfect union" thread that you're talking about (so I won't have to search for it)? You can get the link to a specific post via the little vortex graphic thingie to the right of "QUOTE".
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Which do you most can't the least?
What I most can't the least, would be do not a bad job but always a good.
snakeskinner1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snakeskinner1Send a Private Message to snakeskinner1Direct Link to This Post
when ever you guys start pumpin these baby's out...... im in for one!
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
These look sweet but what will keep the rain/snow from drenching the engine? Maybe a product for those with a garage or "show only" Fieros?
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

These look sweet but what will keep the rain/snow from drenching the engine? Maybe a product for those with a garage or "show only" Fieros?

They aren't angled up as much as they look in the picture.

Man, wish I knew these were worth something... Sold a car with one on it for $750... It needed trimmed out a little nicer but it was glassed in... I guess that is the price for getting bored and flipping cars...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave