Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  ALDL cables for sale (New and Improved) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
ALDL cables for sale (New and Improved) by Jefrysuko
Started on: 02-22-2003 05:29 PM
Replies: 215
Last post by: fieroracer86 on 04-11-2006 11:21 PM
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: NO LONGER FOR SALE In other words - Please don't send me any money.

Some of you might remember RacinRob who was selling these cables. He no longer has time to make them so I have been taking his place.

Here is my new cable...

As you can see I have used a connector which you can mount in the trim piece next to your cigarette lighter like this.

My cable then simply plugs in like this.

Here is what I have so far.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 04-11-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Prices are going to depend on which connectors you want and how many.

I can accept checks, money orders and PayPal. Please PM or E-mail me for my payment address. PayPal payments can be sent to jefrysuko@aol.com Edit: NO LONGER FOR SALE

For $23 (including shipping in the contential U.S.) you get this...

Or for $24 (including shipping in the contential U.S.) you get this...

I of course will sell the connectors seperately for those that have more than one fiero etc.

I am calling these the "panel mount" connectors and they are $3 each.

And these are the "portable" connectors and they are $4 each.

I am calling these "diagnostic plugs" or "shorting connectors" and they are $2.50 each. When these are plugged into one of the connectors above it puts the car in diagnostic mode which is where you can set the timing of the car or read the codes through the Service Engine Soon light.

Note: Orders with cables include shipping no matter how many additional connectors are ordered (in the continental U.S. If additionals connectors are ordered without a cable a $2 shipping charge will need to be added. Canadian orders will require an additional $2 charge on all orders for insurance reasons.

I know this is a little more than RacinRob was charging but the extra connectors is what raised the price. It is still less then what some others on here have been charging and is a better product.

The only reason I am making these is because this is a great tool for keeping our 15 year old cars running in top condition. I am not making enough profit on them to really make it worth my while driving to the post office and Raido Shack not to mention the time it actually takes to make them. For this I hope that all of you appreciate the cables and get alot of use out of them.

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 04-11-2006).]

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000
In order to use the panel mount connectors you need to drill a 1/4" hole in your trim piece. Make sure that where you drill the hole there is enough room for the connector.

Then you push the wires into the correct pins on the ALDL port. All three wires go on the lower row. Black is ground and goes into the pin closest to the passenger (pin A). Green is the ECM mode selector and is next to black (pin B). Red is the data stream and is one pin away from the driver (pin E).

Some of you probably bought a cable where stranded wire was stranded tinned in order to get it to push into the pins of the ALDL port. I did this for my first cable and didn't like it at all. I also heard many complaints from those that got one of these cables. I tried finding some decent connectors for this application and everything I found was either to big (distorted the pins in the ALDL connector) or required modification of some sort (time consuming). The best thing that I have found is appliance wire. It is solid wire so you don't have to tin the ends, it dosn't stretch out those pins of the ALDL connectors, it is easy to push in and if you mess up an end you can just cut it off and strip off a little more insulation.

Then you just fold the wires to let you put the trim piece back in place and screw it back together.

------------------

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Is it okay to leave the wires plugged in to the connector all the time, like if you install the plug in? I guess it must be, but I have never heard any discussion on it.

------------------

sypher1078

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sypher1078Send a Private Message to sypher1078Direct Link to This Post
When can we start ordering? and do you accept Paypal?

------------------
84 2m4
85 GT project

T-top Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top FieroSend a Private Message to T-top FieroDirect Link to This Post
I like your idea of the panel mounted connector.
Where do I send my money?
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I know this may be a stupid question, butthen when it comes to Auto repair I'm in that category, what do you connect to the other end to read the codes?

Thanks,

Dan

------------------

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I thought you had to use a resistor between the 2 pins in order for it to spit out the data stream we need. At least thats how my cable works.

OR did u put that in on the other side of the wires???

------------------

19 Year Old Fierophile.
R.I.P.--1986 GT Daily Driver, 4:10s, NX 50 Shot, Borla exhaust, ported manifolds, more goodies
--1986 SE V6, Mostly stock W/Integrated rockers and COMING SOON: Intercooled Turbo!!! (possibly)
--1984 SE 4.9, IMSA spoiler, Duel exhuast, GT rear bumper, Konis, drop spindles, Rear adjustable perch, Poly total kit, Poly cradle bushings, Big front bar, Added rear bar, 11.25" brakes on all corners w/SS hoses, Fancy wheels wrapped w/soft rubber, and much much more.

kgoertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoertzSend a Private Message to kgoertzDirect Link to This Post
Excellent. I was just about to build a cable, but I'd much prefer to just buy one.

I assume that the cables have the necessary resistors/transistor already in place so the output is standard RS232.

Does anyone know if there would be any customs issues shipping one to Canada?

Kevin

------------------
88 Fiero Formula 3.4L

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Is it okay to leave the wires plugged in to the connector all the time, like if you install the plug in? I guess it must be, but I have never heard any discussion on it.

Yes, you can leave any of this hooked up all the time. If you leave the panel mount or portable connectors pluged into the ALDL connector but the cable not connected it is an open circuit so nothing happens.

If you have the cable pluged in it will simply leave the ECM in ALDL mode which wouldn't hurt it at all.

------------------

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000

Originally posted by sypher1078:

When can we start ordering? and do you accept Paypal?

You can order right now!

Sorry I do not accept paypal, give me a few days and I might set up an account.

I will PM you my address so that you can send me a check or money order if you like.

T-top Fiero you have a PM also.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000

Originally posted by DanFiero:

I know this may be a stupid question, butthen when it comes to Auto repair I'm in that category, what do you connect to the other end to read the codes?

Thanks,

Dan

No stupid questions here Dan. I was going to add this information but didn't get a chance yet.

You need a laptop with an open COM port in order to use this cable. In my case I had no COM ports at all on my laptop but I did have USB ports so I bought a USB to serial link cable for about $25 and it works perfectly.

Then you need to download a program called WinALDL which is free at this website http://w1.601.telia.com/~u60113744/software/winaldl/winaldl.htm

The program decodes the data stream from the ECM and can tell you not only the codes but all the sensor data and the learning curves of the ECM. I will provide some more information on this later today.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 03-07-2003).]

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

I thought you had to use a resistor between the 2 pins in order for it to spit out the data stream we need. At least thats how my cable works.

OR did u put that in on the other side of the wires???

That resistor is in the cable where the com connector is. I did it this way so that you can leave the panel mount connectors or portable connectors pluged into the ECM at all times and not have the ECM in ALDL mode.

So when you plug the cable into the connector I provide it will put the ECM in ALDL mode and start streaming data.

I am also going to offer a plug that you can use to short out those two pins and use to read the codes or set your timing without having to remove the trim piece to get to the ALDL connector. I just forgot to buy the connectors yesterday.

------------------

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000

Originally posted by kgoertz:

Excellent. I was just about to build a cable, but I'd much prefer to just buy one.

I assume that the cables have the necessary resistors/transistor already in place so the output is standard RS232.

Does anyone know if there would be any customs issues shipping one to Canada?

Kevin

Yep, cables are all built and the only thing for the end user to do is install the panel mount connector (or use a portable), plug the cable into an available COM port and download the software.

I have never shipped to Canada. I don't know what is involved in that but I will ask at my post office the next time I am there.

------------------

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000
I am sorry I did not include information about the software previously. For those of you that havn't heard of WinALDL before this should clear things up.

The cable I am making is not of my own design. It was designed to work with a program called WinALDL. Jonas Bylund and Ken Kelly are who can be credited for writing the program. Thankfully they made it free and added support for our Fieros. You can download the software from Jonas website at http://w1.601.telia.com/~u60113744/software/winaldl/winaldl.htm

The only requirements to use my cable and run the software are "A PC with a serial rs232 port running a Win32 enviroment. ( Windows 95/ 98/ ME or Windows NT / 2000 / XP )" as listed on Jonahs website.

For those of you wanting to try and make a cable on your own there is also information on how to do this on his website. I will warn you though, I have repaired more failed attemps of others to build a cable than I have actually sold of my own cable.

I will add screen shots of the software later today when I have a chance.

------------------

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one of the $23 sets, just let me know where to send the money (either snail mail or Paypal, doesen't matter).

Thanks,

Dan

One more ?, just wondering if there is anyway to run this with a PAlm Pilot type of device?

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 02-23-2003).]

TBK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBKClick Here to visit TBK's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBKDirect Link to This Post
If you setup a PayPal account I will get one ($23). I like the idea of a 'quick hook-up'.

Let me know (prefer PM) as to when you get paypal setup so I can pay you. (Just so much easier that way).

EDIT: If you don't want to setup a paypal account, then I will still send the $. LMK

Thanks!

------------------
My lugnuts require more torque than your Honda puts out.
-TBK (The Black Knight)
'87 GT

[This message has been edited by TBK (edited 02-23-2003).]

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in one of the $23 sets if any are still available. Will send payment however you want.
thanks
tm

[This message has been edited by TM_Fiero (edited 02-23-2003).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2003 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
If you plan on setting up a paypal account, I'd also much rather do it that way. If you're not going to, just let me know where to send the money to.

Very neat idea, using the audio style plug. I like the panel mount style, very easy to use and hide.

Bryce
88 GT

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I sent everyone a PM with my payment address.

Dan asked about the Palm Pilot and yes this cable could be used with a handheld device but noone has written the software yet.

Someone wrote software for a different style of cable recently and I am going to try and get ahold of him to offer my assistance if he would be willing to write the software for this cable.

If anyone else knows how to write programs for the Palm OS I would be willing to help any way I can.

------------------

Santa Cruzer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Santa CruzerSend a Private Message to Santa CruzerDirect Link to This Post
Great clean work if you have them in the spring I will definatley buy one.

Take this as a free +

PFF
System Bot
Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
that just gave me a great idea for a cheap security system. Cut the wire for the fuel pump, create the same type of headphone-like port and wire it to the cut wire, then just create a jack which when plugged in compeltes the circuit. If you're in a rough area, or leaving the car outside for the night, just remove the jack, and no fuel pump=no steal.
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Adrift.

That is a good idea. One key thing for a security system like that is to not tell anyone about it though. To a thief it will just look like a headphone jack and hopefully they won't think twice about it. A good thief always knows to look for random switches though which is what most people use.

Just a suggestion for you. Make sure you wire this up before the relay because those plugs don't handle much current. Also if you plan on using a cable with the plug already attached like I did for my cables get the cheaper versions. Those seem to have thicker wire inside.

------------------

Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
How can something be new AND improved. Obviously if it is new it has just come out and has never been made before and if it is improved it has been out but made better HMMMMM lol

free bump for you i guess

Adam

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one.
I need the COM cable, the "portable" jack, and two "panel" jacks.
If I can still add without a calculator that's $30. Right?
Does that include shipping? (Sorry if you already said that. I'm "remoted in" to my home PC and the screen refresh is slooooww.)

Shoot me your addy, and I'll send you a check. Thanks!

------------------
Raydar

88 3.4 coupe. In progress.

Out of my mind. Back in 30 minutes.

kgoertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoertzSend a Private Message to kgoertzDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to get ahold of one of those cable sets. Especially to help diagnose my current idle problem :-)

Shipping to Canada shouldn't be a problem but may cost $1-2.

I'd be interested in 1 Com cable, one 'panel mount', and 1 'portable mount'. Would greatly prefer pay-pal if you have an account set up.
Thx,
Kevin

------------------
88 Fiero Formula 3.4L

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
So can you acually make changes or just log things?
-Ryan
bhl46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bhl46Send a Private Message to bhl46Direct Link to This Post
I would like to get a set of your cables please pm with an address to send payment and shipping address and order to. please pm me
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rynelson85:

So can you acually make changes or just log things?
-Ryan

No Ryan, the only way to make changes to any of the ECM parameters is to alter the chip or use a piggy back system.

This program will tell you what kind of changes need to be made though.

BTW: PM's sent to everyone who requested.

------------------

dykz34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dykz34Send a Private Message to dykz34Direct Link to This Post
Do you happen to know if these cables would work for all GM OBD-1 cars? More specifically the LQ1(3.4L DOHC)? If they do, there is a HUGE market for these cables... Also, would the cable work with a program called FreeScan? Ive played with both WinALDL and FreeScan and FreeScan is by far the more appealing program. Id assume the cable just converts the signal for the program to read. Thanks.

Dave

------------------
http://dykz34.com

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dykz34:

Do you happen to know if these cables would work for all GM OBD-1 cars? More specifically the LQ1(3.4L DOHC)? If they do, there is a HUGE market for these cables... Also, would the cable work with a program called FreeScan? Ive played with both WinALDL and FreeScan and FreeScan is by far the more appealing program. Id assume the cable just converts the signal for the program to read. Thanks.

Dave

WOW, I don't exactly have all the answers for you on this one. Theoretically this cable should work with all OBD-1 cars. The problem is the software. WinAldl has support for our Fieros both with the L44 V6 and the LR8 4-cyl. The LQ1 unfortunately isn't supported by WinALDL but I would bet that if you did try it that you would get some accurate data out if it. I do agree with you that FreeScan appears to be more user friendly and useful but unfortunately our Fieros arn't supported. For that reason alone I havn't ever used it.

I was going to tell you that I had no way of testing to see if my cable would work with FreeScan because I didn't have access to any cars that it supported. Then I noticed that the LHO 3.1L is supported and I have access to one of them but it would take a little while until I can get to the car. Even if my cable dosn't work I am sure that I could make one that does. I will have to look a little farther into it and get back to you. If you happen to know any LQ1 guys in central Illinois that would allow me to do some testing with their cars it would help me out.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
dykz34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dykz34Send a Private Message to dykz34Direct Link to This Post
Hmm, I cant really think of anyone in IL... but I could probably find out. Have you compared your cable to a FreeScan cable at all? Im curious what the differences (if any) are. Im half way tempted to purchase a cable from you, test it, and pray that it works. But, if it doesnt work, Im stuck with a $25 cable that does me no good. Although, Im sure I could sell it to someone on here for $20 or so. Were the prices you have advertised shipped or no? I may just get one for sciences' sake. Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw that the prices are shipped.

[This message has been edited by dykz34 (edited 02-27-2003).]

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dykz34:

Have you compared your cable to a FreeScan cable at all? Im curious what the differences (if any) are.

Yeah, mine is different than what is recomended to use for FreeScan. They like to use microprocessors to do the same thing that mine with a transistor and 3 resistors does. After looking into it I am wondering if mine is going to be able to handle the faster baud rate of your ECU.

There is a design for one with an additional transistor and a diode which is supposed to work. I think the additional components might give it a faster refresh rate which can handle the faster ECU's but i'm not sure. I do have an electrical engineer friend who I have talked to about these cables from time to time and I plan on asking him about this. Hopefully he can shed some light on this for me. If I had a signal generator and a O-scope I could have all this figured out by now but it looks like I am just going to have to go by trial and error.

Give me a few weeks and I am sure that I can have something figured out.

------------------

dykz34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dykz34Send a Private Message to dykz34Direct Link to This Post
Ya, I figured the ECMs were different. If they werent, my ECM would be listed as WinALDL capable. That would be great if you figured out how to make a cable for the LQ1. Im pretty sure there are a dozen or more people that would buy them. Thanks for your input.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
this is a great idea!
I'd love to get one. Just shoot me your address and I'll get you a money order out next week!

Thanks.

------------------

Custom Console Subwoofer
K&N Filter in Edelbrock open air setup
Splitfire Wires
piston bore: 4.030

GT2800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2003 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT2800Send a Private Message to GT2800Direct Link to This Post
do you take paypal? I'd like it for a serial laptop config......and the win adl disk too... do you have them in stock or will you have to make them??

Ken

------------------
K&N, Accel Ign/Coil
KYB Suspension
Flowmaster w/ Pacesetter tips
RSCA SCCA Racing

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Any PayPal yet? If not PM me an address and I'll send you a check. I want the $23 set and an extra panel mount pigtail.

------------------

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I like it.

I'll take one. Let me know when you get the paypal account set-up.

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2003 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Please PM me your mailing address. I will take one cable for $23 and three of the "panel mount" connectors for $3 ea.

My zip is 52804-2353 for shipping cost.

Thanks,

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 268,000 miles
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have a few things to announce here.

First of all I got my PayPal account set up today. I should be able to accept payments under jefrysuko@aol.com. I have 5 cables made up right now and plenty of time to make more so I should be able to turn around any orders rather quickly.

Secondly I have had several people asking about the shorting connectors. Unfortunately Raido Shack has raised their prices on these things and I wasn't real happy about it. I have been trying to find a cheaper source but havn't had any luck. I am going to have to charge $2.50 each for one of these which I think is way to much. I made these for a few people who wanted them though.

As you can see all it does is short the A and B terminals when you plug it into the panel mount connector. This puts your car into diagnostic mode where you can set the timing of the car or read the codes through the service engine soon light.

Finally, I have posted infrmation about the WinALDL program itself to another thread. The screenshots I promised are posted to this thread as this one already has enough pictures. The thread can be found here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko to update link (edited 03-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 10-08-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay