Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Tina Fey is Baaaack! Palin suppling SNL with plenty of one lined zingers. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tina Fey is Baaaack! Palin suppling SNL with plenty of one lined zingers. by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2010 12:13 PM
Replies: 126
Last post by: madcurl on 08-04-2010 06:52 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

It isn't about humor.

Yeah, but this thread is. Read the title, duh?

Palin has successfully led at the state level. That alone gives her more credibility that Obama. The humor we know regarding Obama is largely based on his failures while the humor we hear about Palin is based on lies, distortions and liberal fear of her.

Yeah, but she quit her job, right.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
To take another one--just like Obama did.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
The problem, Curly, is you repeated something that was on an SNL skit as though Palin said it and that never happened. Do you have that much difficulty keeping straight reality and make believe? It's been repeated over and over again by so many people that Palin said she can see Russia from her back yard most people think she said it. That's a problem, yes.

You then slam her for, amongst other things, her book deal and completely ignore Obama making the bulk of his income (about $4 million worth) from his books. Why not slam him too? Reality show? Your claimed "reality show" is going to be shot by Discovery Channel similar to their series "Planet Earth". If you want to equate that to the Trump show, be my guest, but it only makes you look foolish. As far as her being on Fox News as a commentator occasionally, why not? Are you also blasting Paul Begalla and other former politicians that are commentators? Why is it OK for them but not Palin?

As I said, you're a hypocrite and it shows in nearly every post you make on political subjects.

John Stricker

Originally posted by madcurl:

Come on. SNL has poked fun at all presidents, vice presidents and just about every politician known to man--including Palin. If you've made ridiculous remarks in public, and/or in situation where you're making a statement on camera and a guy in the background is beheading a turkey people are going to

As for, "Hypocrisy at its finest" Stricker—come on. Bush, Clinton, nor Obama has wanted a reality show. What's next? A contestant on Trump's, "Celebrity Apprentice?"

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, but this thread is. Read the title, duh?

Diversion! The thread is just another attempt to destroy the character and reputation of someone whose ideals you oppose and it is based upon "lies, distortions and liberal fear of her". She firmly stands against your political leanings; you can't win the battle in an open and fair comparison; you resort to "lies, distortions and liberal fear of her".

THAT, is the reason behind the 'humor'.

Yeah, but she quit her job, right.

See above, or just ignore the truth. That seems to be a good liberal characteristic these days.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

See above, or just ignore the truth. That seems to be a good liberal characteristic these days.

Balderdash!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Strange as it may seem, /\ that is one of the more intelligent contributions you've made to this thread.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Tony,

I don't have a problem with you saying you don't like Palin for President. That's your choice and you should vote your conscience, but some of the things you've posted her about here absolutely defy any credibility.

You ASSUME that she doesn't have permits because they're not taped to her windows??? WTH? You don't know 1) if permits are required 2) if she has them 3) what the law says on display of the permits in AK. How can you even use that as an argument given what you obviously don't know and haven't bothered to look up to find out?

You don't like her because she can't keep a "leash" on her kids? Again, WTH? Do you have kids? Late Teen kids? The only way to keep a "leash" on them is to lock them in the closet, is that what you propose, or if she did that would you then be screaming "CHILD ABUSE!!".

I'm curious as to just how old you are and what parenting experience YOU have to make that kind of judgement.

I wasn't real happy about her resigning as governor either but I have to say that her reasons made perfect sense. She's not the first elected official to step down for reasons similar to what she listed. Did it ever once occur to you that she honestly thought the best thing for the state of Alaska was for her to step down and stop the endless lawsuits? If not, why not?

You don't like her because she's inexperienced, fine, we get that, but you're pulling stuff out of your butt that defies all logic and credibility.

John Stricker

I don't pretend to be a political anylyst. As a matter of fact, (if you did not notice ) I never got into the politics of America until several years ago. So, without a doubt, my experience in such matters are limited, and the lessons that I do learn are from folks like you.

The fence- I am a contractor. I have been doing this stuff for more than a minute my friend. My work is the shizznit! I am a professional that really does know his shat when it comes to codes, etc. Sorry, but true. And my work shines. I don't ever expect a call about my work, and don't get them. Period. I can install a light switch, or a $100,000 stairs. My work is that good!
I questioned the legality of the fence because I saw no permits. None? I even asked if Wasilla has a permit requirement in my statement about it. So, mute point. YOU ASSUMED that I don't know anything about a legality like this. Well, I do...
I am 38 in a week. Amy is currently pregnant. (Cat's now out of the bag...) If you take my "leash" statement literally....then....I don't know what to tell you? YOU ASSUME that I would lock them in a closet? Really? If it is a boy, then yes. If it is a girl, I am going to stuff her face with all of the carbohydrates that I could possibly get in. If she is fat and ugly, then no jail time for Tony! (Obvious sarcasm...) I promise you this much, I will be the best friggin' father in the Inland Northwest! I am caring, giving, and loving. And I CAN handle any situation that comes my way. I have absolutely no fear. I am not some teen having kids, living off of Mom and Dad. I have an established business, own all of our vehicles, several homes, and almost all of the home that we live in now. Which just happens to be in a redicously upscale neighborhood. I would definately scream child abuse if anyone locks there kid in any f'n closet. I have strong morals, and they can't be bent.
The stepping down issue.....She quit! There was no stepping down. Stepping down? What does that mean? It means quitter! Sure, I see the side of her saving Alaska some dough from a lengthy legal battle, but how much did it cost the state to have her as a short term governor?
I honestly do think that her reasons for stepping down were monitary. Just not for the state of Alaska. She needs to line those beauty pagent pockets of hers with that green papery stuff. Definately my opinion..........and a lot of others in this country.

Believe it or not, I am a good person. I stated earlier that my experience in the political scene is limited. Actually, I made that apparent several times in this thread. If any of you folks feel like attacking me for my lack of knowledge on this subject, feel free. I don't take this stuff personally. Actually, I would like to be more knowledgeable about this subject. But, I WILL TAKE ANY ATTACKS ABOUT THE WAY THAT WE ARE ABOUT TO RAISE OUR KID AS GREVIECE IN NATURE. DON"T F"N GO THERE JOHN. I am much more than a guy at a keyboard. I do not care about what is ever said about me, but when it comes to Amy, and our upcoming child........then?

I know that I come off rude when typing quite often. I apologize for that. It is hard to understand what people are trying to relay their thoughts through the forums. But, I will roll through every barrier to get to anyone that harms my family. Don't question our ability to raise a child! That is plain rude, and it pisses me off. If anyone wants to talk about politics, cars, money, or even dogfood, then cool. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOW WE WILL RAISE OUR KID!

Tony
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Sarah Palin: Smoking Pot Is No Big Deal.
http://www.aolnews.com/poli...no-big-deal/19521768

(June 18) -- Sarah Palin says recreational pot smoking is "relatively speaking a minimal problem" in America.

In an otherwise uneventful appearance on the Fox Business Network with Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, Palin said that while she doesn't believe marijuana should be legalized, the country has bigger fish to fry.

"I think we need to prioritize our law enforcement efforts," she said. "If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems we have in society."

Now I know "why" she installed a high fence around her house, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
One for SNL, "You betcha. In Alaska, it was legal to smoke small amounts of marijuana until four years ago, and Palin has said that she's tried it but didn't like it."
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Hey hey , you guys will love this. The funniest part of all is that every candidate Palin has endorsed won their primary and is ahead in the head-to-head polls for the general election...AND every candidate Obama endorsed LOST in the Primary!

LOL...Damn...isn't that a scream! HAHAHA, I can hear Tina Fey laughing from here! Oh boy, isn't that is a rib tickler!
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Amy is currently pregnant. (Cat's now out of the bag...)

Tony

Congratulations Tony!

Palin makes me nervous too. The think that most intrigues me about her honestly is how much seething hate the left have for her. They must know something I don't. For me I question her leadership, experience, stepping down in Alaska (for the good she claims, yes, but a short-sighted political move). I'm not trying to be sucked into this discussion (too late) but I think there are MUCH MORE qualified conservatives out there. Saying she is "Not Obama" is as bad as the left saying Obama is "not Bush." The right can do better than that!

If she is the best candidate and ends up being the presidential pick by the right, I'm convinced President Obama will have 8 years to work his magic instead of only 4.

- Flamberge

EDIT to fix spelling errors.

[This message has been edited by Flamberge (edited 06-19-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Ethics probe: Palin legal defense fund was illegal

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/...lin_ethics_complaint

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – A legal defense fund set up for Sarah Palin when she was Alaska governor was illegal, an investigator for the state Personnel Board said Thursday.

Investigator Timothy Petumenos said the Alaska Fund Trust inappropriately used the word "official" on its website to describe it, wrongly implying Palin's endorsement as governor.

Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said she will return the money from the fund, which brought in almost $390,000.

Petumenos, however, found that Palin — the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee — acted in good faith and relied on a team of attorneys to make sure the fund was lawful.

Thursday's findings are an outgrowth from a preliminary, confidential report by another board investigator that also implicated Palin. The earlier report was issued less than two weeks after she announced she was resigning from office last July.

In announcing her resignation, Palin cited the toll of the ethics probes as one of the reasons she was stepping down. She has said she racked up at least $500,000 in legal fees.

Palin's friends and supporters created the Alaska Fund Trust in April 2009, limiting donations to $150 per person. The ethics complaint was filed soon after by Eagle River resident Kim Chatman, who alleged Palin was misusing her official position and accepting improper gifts.

The multiple ethics complaints include an investigation by state lawmakers over Palin's firing of her public safety commissioner in the so-called Troopergate scandal, as well as a complaint over state-paid trips Palin took with her children as governor.

In the family travel complaint, also investigated by Petumenos, Palin agreed to reimburse the state about $8,000 for costs associated with nine trips taken by her children.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
"Petumenos, however, found that Palin — the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee — acted in good faith and relied on a team of attorneys to make sure the fund was lawful."

Nice try, Curly.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

"Petumenos, however, found that Palin — the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee — acted in good faith and relied on a team of attorneys to make sure the fund was lawful."

Nice try, Curly.

I swear he messes his pants everytime he sees something about Palin or McCain.
Obama could rape his dog and he wouldn't bat an eye though.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
The Thrilla from Wasilla;

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-b...06/28/MNKN1E56HP.DTL

They don't call Sarah Palin the Thrilla from Wasilla for nothing.

After months of buildup, including investigations, outrage and celebration, the former Alaska governor's trip to California's farm belt over the weekend proved beyond a doubt that she delivers - for Republicans and Democrats.

State Attorney General Jerry Brown probably will be grateful that he was the focus of the 2008 vice presidential candidate's barbed criticism as he investigates her compensation from the Cal State University Stanislaus Foundation for her speech Friday night at the nonprofit's 50th anniversary event at the Turlock (Stanislaus County) campus.

Brown's office is looking at whether the campus foundation violated state public disclosure laws by refusing to make public the terms of Palin's contract for her appearance.

In her speech, Palin quipped of Brown: "This is California. Do you really not have anything better to do?"

The Democratic gubernatorial candidate's response: "I don't think she understands the process. It's about the operation of the foundation to see if they handled things professionally."

Relishing the challenge
But his team clearly relishes Palin's challenges, having used her last attack - on a recent cable TV show - as the basis for an effort to motivate donors to pump up his campaign war chest.

And incumbent U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer, in the midst of a combative re-election campaign, announced last week that she would "honor" Palin's visit to California by reminding voters of her endorsement of Republican Carly Fiorina, Boxer's rival in the November election.

Boxer's campaign manager, Rose Kapolczynski, called Palin and Fiorina "two peas in a pod" and released a Web video aiming to remind voters that the Republicans' "shared positions are out of step with Californians."

On the GOP side, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Fiorina said that while she couldn't meet with Palin on this trip, she was "honored" to be endorsed by Palin, who characterized Fiorina as a "commonsense conservative."

Palin Effect
As the dust clears from the controversial visit, which was the focus of protests and raised $200,000 for the university's endowment, the moves on both sides demonstrate how Palin will continue to have an impact on 2010 campaigns in the nation's most populous state.

The Palin Effect will certainly be most keenly felt in the Senate race between Boxer and Fiorina, who was buoyed by Palin's endorsement in the June primary but must aim to appeal to a wider swath of voters, including independents, in the general election.

"It's the question of how she will play to the political middle. Will she take away votes?" said Bill Whalen, a research fellow at Stanford's Hoover Institution.

He said that a close connection with Palin may be a concern for candidates like Fiorina, in part because Palin manages to stir it up, no matter what her forum.

"If you think people are tired and worn down by politics, Sarah comes into town and the circus follows, and the arguments break out," he said. "Wherever she goes, there's a dustup. ... It gets everyone angry and yelling, and it stirs up divisiveness.

"While the endorsement is important in the primary, it's more important in that it becomes a distraction in a general election," Whalen added. "It just ties into the exhaustion in politicians these days."

Return visit
Democrats are hoping Palin returns soon - giving them an opportunity to capitalize on that effect.

Stephanie Schriock of the influential political action committee EMILY's (Early Money Is Like Yeast) List, said Palin's presence in California over the weekend was perfectly timed to provide voters with reminders that Fiorina has "tied herself to Sarah Palin."

Her organization, which donates strictly to pro-choice Democratic female candidates, celebrated the Palin trip with an announcement of a new independent expenditure group backing Boxer.

Schriock said recent polls suggest that while Palin still appeals to the party's most conservative grass roots, independent and moderate voters in both major parties consider the former governor to be a divisive figure and unqualified to serve as president.

"That's because there's such a significant difference between the values of Barbara Boxer and Sarah Palin," Schriock said. She said Palin, who has been "consistently pledging to overturn Roe vs. Wade," has repeatedly highlighted Fiorina's stance as a "pro-life" candidate who opposes abortion rights.

Palin and Fiorina
EMILY's List plans to make the case to voters, particularly independents, that Fiorina is merely an extension of Palin's "radical right" agenda.

But Fiorina spokeswoman Julie Soderlund said "we'll take Sarah Palin's endorsement over (House Speaker) Nancy Pelosi and (Senate Majority Leader) Harry Reid's any day of the week."

She called Boxer's efforts to keep the issue of Palin front and center in the Senate race a telling sign that is "more about their having a big problem and needing to motivate their own base to get out votes for her."

"This is typical of Barbara Boxer," Soderlund said. "She can't run on her own record because it's a record of failure. So she tries to run on everything but."

And leaders at the Susan B. Anthony List, a conservative political action committee backing Fiorina, said her positions against taxpayer-funded abortion and late-term abortion are more in line with California voters than Boxer's pro-choice stance.

Connect the dots
Still, Fiorina isn't the only Republican who may have to worry about Democrats wanting to draw the connection to Palin.

The Courage Campaign, a progressive advocacy group, put out a comic Web video showing Darth Vader on the campaign trail for GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, with the "Star Wars" villain telling voters she is "California's Sarah Palin."

But it may be far more challenging to connect the dots between Palin and Whitman, who has received endorsements from other conservative stalwarts like Newt Gingrich and former Vice President Dick Cheney.

Whitman, the former eBay CEO who advised 2008 presidential candidate John McCain, defines herself as strongly pro-choice. She has also set herself apart from Palin on other key issues, including opposition to the Arizona immigration law - prompting some bloggers to call her the "anti-Palin."
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
If Jerry f***ing Brown gets elected governor...AGAIN...I hope all the stupid f***ing liberals suffer for it. I hope they starve to death, because that's the only way they'll get any inkling of how absurdly stupid it is to continue to elect hopey-dopey liberals after what they've done to this state

I'll just sit there on my porch, watching them beg for food, and laugh at them.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Mama Grizzly living large @ 12-million.

http://www.time.com/time/sp....html?xid=yahoo-feat

Last July, on the eve of Independence Day, Sarah Palin announced her intention to resign as governor of Alaska in the same abrupt manner that had come to epitomize her overnight appearance on the national political scene and subsequent rollout as John McCain's VP pick for the 2008 presidential election. Knee deep in financial troubles, embroiled in ethics complaints and in the middle of a nasty, public he-said-she-said fallout with team McCain, the Thrilla from Wasilla traded in a modestly paid government spot for the chance to "fight for what's right" without any fancy title. One year later, Palin finds herself $12 million richer, the "Mama Grizzly" of America's Tea Party movement, a buzzed-about 2012 presidential hopeful and front and center in the nation's political stage.

On the anniversary of her resignation, Time.com looks back at notable moments in Palin's busy year.

See pictures of Palin's life since the election.

View the full list for "After Alaska: Sarah Palin's Year of Living Large"

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/sp...o-feat#ixzz0slUaDt5c

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-04-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
New pitch: "mama grizzly" vote

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-b...entry_id=67435&tsp=1

You betcha! Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has got her sights on a new voter-rich target: she calls 'em "mama grizzlies."

And the message of her newest ad is pretty clear: "you don't want to mess with them."

This ad, which mentions her support of GOP candidates around the country and features plenty of soft-focused, glam shots of Sarah herself, could be good fodder in California. That's because here, Palin has enthusiastically endorsed U.S. Senate candidate Carly Fiorina, the Republican former Hewlett Packard CEO who's running against Democratic incumbent U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer.

Boxer took off on Palin this week, calling her and Fiorina "two peas in a pod" on issues like choice, "drill, baby, drill,'' and guns. (Just wondering? Does Fiorina see herself as a "mama grizzly?")

Sarah lovers and haters alike will want to see the new spot from SarahPAC, her money-raising political arm. Check it out:
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

If Jerry f***ing Brown gets elected governor...AGAIN...I hope all the stupid f***ing liberals suffer for it. I hope they starve to death, because that's the only way they'll get any inkling of how absurdly stupid it is to continue to elect hopey-dopey liberals after what they've done to this state

I'll just sit there on my porch, watching them beg for food, and laugh at them.

Don't worry. Governor Moon Beam has as much chance of winning as I have of winning the Miss America Pagent.

Meg Whitman is not my preference for Governor but she will win in a landslide.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Don't worry. Governor Moon Beam has as much chance of winning as I have of winning the Miss America Pagent.

Meg Whitman is not my preference for Governor but she will win in a landslide.

In THIS state, home of hippy-dippy, hopey-dopey dipshits who will believe anything as long as a Democrat says it? I hope you're right.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Hey, Curly (and other anti-Palin liberals), looks like you've been duped AGAIN...

I lied: Levi Johnston apologises for making 'untrue' jibes about Sarah Palin after split from daughter Bristol
PFF
System Bot
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
I am convinced that many liberals believe that everyone belongs in a certain box, and they do not like it when you won't just get in YOUR box.
This is why many hate conservatives, and especially conservative women.
SARA, GET IN YOUR BOX RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 07-09-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Hey, Curly (and other anti-Palin liberals), looks like you've been duped AGAIN...

I lied: Levi Johnston apologises for making 'untrue' jibes about Sarah Palin after split from daughter Bristol

Let me guess---his 15 minutes of fame were about to expire?
Pay attention Tina Fey.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article:

"I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologise"-- it is unclear which statements he was referring to.

Maybe he's apologising because he knock-up her daughter or was it for the Playgirl spread, hehe.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Maybe he's apologising because he knock-up her daughter or was it for the Playgirl spread, hehe.

Maybe he's apologizing because he's a f'ing liar, like a lot of other people have done to Palin.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Maybe he's apologizing because he's a f'ing liar, like a lot of other people have done to Palin.

Just in!

Sarah Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, said she was not available for comment because she was in Bristol Bay involved in her family's commercial fishing business.

So much for a "news flash" huh. Levi's confession must not be too important. He's hanging out with Sarah fishing--maybe watching that hot bod,
hehe.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Sarah Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, said she was not available for comment because she was in Bristol Bay involved in her family's commercial fishing business.

So much for a "news flash" huh. Levi's confession must not be too important. He's hanging out with Sarah fishing--maybe watching that hot bod,
hehe.

Source of that assertion? I read the linked article several times, and didn't see where it stated he (Levi) was "hanging out with Sarah"

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-09-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Source of that assertion? I read the linked article several times, and didn't see where it stated he (Levi) was "hanging out with Sarah"

Just kidding-too much of me watching, "Jayden is in love with Jessie's mom" video, hehe. Come-on Palin looks way better than her daughter.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
A special request just for curly.

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post

Just kidding-too much of me watching, "Jayden is in love with Jessie's mom" video, hehe. Come-on Palin looks way better than her daughter.

So just to ask.. would you have voted for Condi Rice?

Does Race trump Party for you?

Just asking
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Sarah Palin: What's she going to do with her $1 million war chest?
http://www.csmonitor.com/US...-1-million-war-chest

Sarah Palin has $1 million to bequeath upon candidates she supports in November's midterms. Down the road, those donations could win her a lot of IOUs.

Washington
Lots of people don’t like Sarah Palin. You see that in poll after poll. About 53 percent of US voters have an unfavorable view of the Queen of the Momma Grizzlies, according to a Pollster.com average of major surveys. In contrast, only about 33 percent of voters think poorly of Mitt Romney, a possible rival for the GOP 2012 presidential nomination.

But c’mon haters, give her this: Palin is a continuing economic phenomenon. A one-woman recovery package. An empire of fiscal investments geared to yield maximum political returns.

As evidence, look at the latest report of her political action committee. SarahPAC has donated at least $87.500 to candidates Palin has endorsed in recent months. This includes a $2,500 donation to the campaign of Carly Fiorina, the ex-Hewlett Packard CEO now running for Barbara Boxer’s Senate seat. (Does this mean Palin helped pay for Fiorina’s demon sheep ad?) She’s also sent $2,500 to Sharron Angle, the "tea party" favorite who’s trying to dethrone Senate majority leader Harry Reid in Nevada.

But the outflow is not the news in the SarahPAC report. That would be the inflow. Sarah Palin’s political action arm raised more than $865,000 in recent months, and now has more than $1 million on hand to give to favored candidates in the run-up to the fall midterm elections. That’s quite a cash cushion. And in politics, donations – especially donations made as a vote nears – are favors that can produce return favors, with interest, in years to come.

“We’re going to really help a lot of Republican candidates get a chance to win,” said SarahPAC treasurer Tim Crawford.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Sarah Palin: What's she going to do with her $1 million war chest?
http://www.csmonitor.com/US...-1-million-war-chest

Sarah Palin has $1 million to bequeath upon candidates she supports in November's midterms. Down the road, those donations could win her a lot of IOUs.

Washington
Lots of people don’t like Sarah Palin. You see that in poll after poll. About 53 percent of US voters have an unfavorable view of the Queen of the Momma Grizzlies, according to a Pollster.com average of major surveys. In contrast, only about 33 percent of voters think poorly of Mitt Romney, a possible rival for the GOP 2012 presidential nomination.

But c’mon haters, give her this: Palin is a continuing economic phenomenon. A one-woman recovery package. An empire of fiscal investments geared to yield maximum political returns.

As evidence, look at the latest report of her political action committee. SarahPAC has donated at least $87.500 to candidates Palin has endorsed in recent months. This includes a $2,500 donation to the campaign of Carly Fiorina, the ex-Hewlett Packard CEO now running for Barbara Boxer’s Senate seat. (Does this mean Palin helped pay for Fiorina’s demon sheep ad?) She’s also sent $2,500 to Sharron Angle, the "tea party" favorite who’s trying to dethrone Senate majority leader Harry Reid in Nevada.

But the outflow is not the news in the SarahPAC report. That would be the inflow. Sarah Palin’s political action arm raised more than $865,000 in recent months, and now has more than $1 million on hand to give to favored candidates in the run-up to the fall midterm elections. That’s quite a cash cushion. And in politics, donations – especially donations made as a vote nears – are favors that can produce return favors, with interest, in years to come.

“We’re going to really help a lot of Republican candidates get a chance to win,” said SarahPAC treasurer Tim Crawford.

I don't even like her and I think the evidence shows she would kick Obama's ass in the economics department.

Edit to add; Wouldn't it be awesome if Palin was black? Think of the possibilities.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 07-12-2010).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

would you have voted for Condi Rice?

I know I'm not Madcurl, but I want to answer this question. I would vote for Condi over Sarah in a heartbeat. Sarah is good at motivating the voters into the ballot box, but Condi would make a better leader in my opinion. I don't think Sarah would be as good of a leader.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 07-12-2010).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I know I'm not Madcurl, but I want to answer this question. I would vote for Condi over Sarah in a heartbeat. Sarah is good at motivating the voters into the ballot box, but Condi would make a better leader in my opinion. I don't think Sarah would be as good of a leader.

I disagree about Sarah, but I'd vote for Condi. VERY smart and well-educated person (including being a Stanford Provost), has experience in the corporate world, was SOS...one hell of a resume. It's a stronger resume than Sarah, but I think they both have good strengths.

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
Sarah Palin has become a brand..almost a parody of herself. Too bad. She had potential, but is now completely unviable as a candidate for anything.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fogglethorpe:

Sarah Palin has become a brand..almost a parody of herself. Too bad. She had potential, but is now completely unviable as a candidate for anything.

Actually I don't think she has ever been viable. When and why was she ever really presidential material?

I think the big mistake people make like my friend Fierobear is they compare one candidate against another instead of looking at individuals and what they have and don't have.

Sarah is a Tiger. She is no Dragon.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

So just to ask.. would you have voted for Condi Rice?

Does Race trump Party for you?

Just asking

just asking a 2nd time.

(won't hold my breath too long for an honest answer tho)
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Actually I don't think she has ever been viable. When and why was she ever really presidential material?

I think the big mistake people make like my friend Fierobear is they compare one candidate against another instead of looking at individuals and what they have and don't have.

Sarah is a Tiger. She is no Dragon.

Sarah is an honest, real person. I don't need to compare her to anyone.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Sarah is an honest, real person. I don't need to compare her to anyone.

So, you think she is presidential material?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock