Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Fill up your cars - Gas is going up big time today (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fill up your cars - Gas is going up big time today by loafer87gt
Started on: 10-03-2008 01:25 PM
Replies: 181
Last post by: OKflyboy on 12-06-2008 05:26 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Just was in at Shell throwing some gas in the car and the lady at the pump asked me if I wanted to fill up as gas was set to rise almost 15 cents a litre this afternoon should the bailout proceed. Just a heads up for you planning on doing any driving this weekend.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
How would it affect gas like that?

also.. Shute 15 cents, it does that every weekend.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
My guess is any excuse to jack the prices. This is Canadian prices per litre as well. It will probably work out to about 7 or 8 cents US per galon.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Really? Because in the Milwaukee area it is about $3.59 and that is the lowest it has been in quite a while.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Five cent off Thursday at Shell here, I filled up at $3.38/gal. You want a good laugh (or cry?) Read my Petrolphobia thread I started way way back.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
What the deuce. Why is it that us Canucks always seem to get shafted with the gas prices? Kind of crazy that justification for the price increases is because of going-ons to the south when the prices apparently haven't been affected there. Anways, this will put us well back over $6.00 a galon US again.
Fredbearstalksme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FredbearstalksmeSend a Private Message to FredbearstalksmeDirect Link to This Post
Gas dropped to $2.94 overnight. To bad diesel isn't dropping. Still holding steady at $3.80.

Fred
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fredbearstalksme:

Gas dropped to $2.94 overnight. To bad diesel isn't dropping. Still holding steady at $3.80.

Fred

Where? How far from Berkely. MO (I-170 & McDonnell Blvd) is that?

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Fredbearstalksme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FredbearstalksmeSend a Private Message to FredbearstalksmeDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure its too far away. I'm an hour south of Springfield and an hour Northwest of Branson. I saw the $2.94 price in Republic, on my way to Springfield. In Aurora (very small town) gas is $2.98.

Fred
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Strange. Marathon's refinery at Beaumont Texas is supposed to go back on line today, and Exxon's refinery at Port Authur is reporting electricity and steam back on line, with repairs proceeding to the effect they expect to be back on line late next week.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-03-2008).]

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

What the deuce. Why is it that us Canucks always seem to get shafted with the gas prices? Kind of crazy that justification for the price increases is because of going-ons to the south when the prices apparently haven't been affected there. Anways, this will put us well back over $6.00 a galon US again.

i know.. i read somewhere that BC, or more specifically the lower mainland, has the highest gas prices in canada... lucky me! Where in canada do you live loafer?

PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Crude prices are less than a hundred bucks right now. Lowest they've been in a long time:

At around 8 this morning national average price for a gallon was around $3.33 or so.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 10-03-2008).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
It went from 3.53 to 3.45 here today.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
We went from $3.20 to $3.14 this afternoon. Diesel is still right at $3.87 and has been for awhile.

For Blackrams:

Your Dodge pulling a trailer, 13 mpg = 29.8 cents per mile
My Chevy pulling a trailer, 9 mpg = 34.9 cents per mile.

Diesel still the most fuel/$ efficient by about 15%, but the gap is narrowing. (I'd still rather be running a diesel, though, in spite of the grief I give you! )

John Stricker

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

It went from 3.53 to 3.45 here today.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Crude prices are less than a hundred bucks right now. Lowest they've been in a long time:

At around 8 this morning national average price for a gallon was around $3.33 or so.

[//IMG]http://www.wtrg.com/daily/small/clfclose.gif[/IMG]

I think we established a long time ago, gasoline prices have next to nothing to do with crude prices, they rise on an oil companies whim, and are explained away with whatever is current.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-03-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
3.33 here. Less then last week, still unacceptable tho.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

How would it affect gas like that?

also.. Shute 15 cents, it does that every weekend.

Man--A bear in the woods could fart and they would use it for a reason to raise gas prices.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

I feel for you loafer but we get shafted over here too when something happens in the USA. We are currently sitting at $6.10 a US gallon. But with our recent dollar devaluation it has dropped it to about $4.50 US. A few weeks ago when I dollar was thriving it was $6.00 US.

I got sick of paying the high prices so we have just traded my Focus XR5 Turbo in on a Ford Mondeo Turbo Diesel. Same torque as the Focus but gets 1000 kms a tank and is great sized family car. Diesel is 15c to 30c a litre more but the savings are huge.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

AusFiero

11513 posts
Member since Feb 2001

Originally posted by Nurb432:

3.33 here. Less then last week, still unacceptable tho.

Oh I can only wish. That is about $1 AU a litre. Compared to our $1.50 upwards I will take your prices any day
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Just was in at Shell throwing some gas in the car and the lady at the pump asked me if I wanted to fill up as gas was set to rise almost 15 cents a litre this afternoon should the bailout proceed. Just a heads up for you planning on doing any driving this weekend.

Hmm, that's odd, seems its th opposite here. It was $3.23 last night, $3.13 this morning, and $3.09 just now on my way home from work.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 10-03-2008).]

ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Direct Link to This Post
Here the posted low price is 3.79 a gal. But only 3 out of 7 stations have gas. And as soon as they get it, they run out after 4 hours .
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
Filled up tonight at QT for $2.99 per gal. Also figured that I'm getting 16 mpg's with 75% hwy and 25% city driving.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Gas is around $3.45/gal here. While standing in line at KMart earlier today, a young (late teens/early 20s?) kid said that he was "impressed" to see the gas prices so low. I told him I'd be impressed if they knocked another buck and a half off the price. He mumbled something about in his grandfathers time. I didn't bother to let him know just a few years ago prices were below 2 bucks a gallon.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Gas up today? Price at the pump I usually frequent went from $3.71 to $3.63 this afternoon.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
$3.06 / gal regular with 10% ethanol, $2.85 / gal E85, $3.87 Diesel.
I'm thinking under $2.90 / gal on November 3rd? Time to fill up people, it could go up on November 5th either way.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
He mumbled something about in his grandfathers time. I didn't bother to let him know just a few years ago prices were below 2 bucks a gallon.

I get tired of people telling me I shouldn't have bought such a gas guzzler if I am concerned about the gas prices. When I bought my truck, I could fill the tank for less than $25. Now, it has been a long time since it has been filled because the pumps shut off my credit card at $75. Why don't I sell it? Because the value of my truck has been inversely proportional to the price of gas. It is too late.

In reality though....I don't fret about a jump in gas prices any more. A 20 cent increase per gallon will cost me an extra $5 to fill it. I don't even notice that with these prices. My best comparison.....when you are being gang-raped by 6 guys, does it matter if a seventh steps in?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

My best comparison.....when you are being gang-raped by 6 guys, does it matter if a seventh steps in?

Sick and demented, but funny!

sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I get tired of people telling me I shouldn't have bought such a gas guzzler if I am concerned about the gas prices. When I bought my truck, I could fill the tank for less than $25. Now, it has been a long time since it has been filled because the pumps shut off my credit card at $75. Why don't I sell it? Because the value of my truck has been inversely proportional to the price of gas. It is too late.

In reality though....I don't fret about a jump in gas prices any more. A 20 cent increase per gallon will cost me an extra $5 to fill it. I don't even notice that with these prices. My best comparison.....when you are being gang-raped by 6 guys, does it matter if a seventh steps in?

With a tail end like that I bet you wouldn't notice it!

I grumble about the price of gas but never complain. Sort of like bitchin' about the weather, doesn't make a difference it is what it is.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Now that the shortages are being resolved, gas is already starting to drop, here.
I paid $3.75 / gal the other night, after sitting in line for 20 minutes or so. They were the only people for miles who had gas, and were still $.25 per gallon cheaper than anyone else. Everyone else was $4 to $4.19, even though they didn't have any to sell.
But, three days later, now that the supplies are starting to build back up, everyone is $3.79 or below.
I predict that it will be below $3.50 by next weekend, and will continue to drop.

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
Sick and demented, but funny!

X2 !!!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post

Your own Gov't is a big part of that but a huge number of you keep voting the same asshats into seats. Just like the UK and several other countries in Europe. Whine all you want but you've got no one to blame but yourselves for accepting these taxes. Especially the percentage based ones that your gov't has been raping you with for years. Every time the wholesale price goes up, so do your taxes. Your gov't has made many Millions of Loonies in extra fuel taxes this year.

And gas here... About $3.25 a gallon today.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Your own Gov't is a big part of that but a huge number of you keep voting the same asshats into seats. Just like the UK and several other countries in Europe. Whine all you want but you've got no one to blame but yourselves for accepting these taxes. Especially the percentage based ones that your gov't has been raping you with for years. Every time the wholesale price goes up, so do your taxes. Your gov't has made many Millions of Loonies in extra fuel taxes this year.

In Iowa the states per / gallon tax goes to infrastructure repair, slush fund money in normal years.
Iowa DOT had a bad year, due to weather. Oh Noes, we have bad roads, the Governor wants a few cents more.
How about replacing the money that was diverted into the General Funds over the past 10 years?
In Iowa, it was 2 democrat governors over 3 terms, cooking the books.
Iowa's Bicameral legislatre went (anti- Bush landslide) 2 years ago.
Drunkin' Sailors, nubie party puppets, figuring that they had Mandate.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

In Iowa the states per / gallon tax goes to infrastructure repair, slush fund money in normal years.
Iowa DOT had a bad year, due to weather. Oh Noes, we have bad roads, the Governor wants a few cents more.
How about replacing the money that was diverted into the General Funds over the past 10 years?
In Iowa, it was 2 democrat governors over 3 terms, cooking the books.
Iowa's Bicameral legislatre went (anti- Bush landslide) 2 years ago.
Drunkin' Sailors, nubie party puppets, figuring that they had Mandate.

You are beginning to sound a bit like uhlanstan.

sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

LOL!
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
I'm bummed... I can't fill my Fiero today. It's been a rough week.

Fuel pump died 85 miles from home Thursday afternoon. I couldn't exactly drop the fuel tank in Climax Research Services' parking lot. So the poor Fiero's sitting in a shop halfway across the state, while a......... rented .....FORD........ sits in it's spot in the driveway. UGH I hope it's not leaking oil all over my driveway lol. And I'd have gotten so much joy out of parking the Fiero in front of Ford's Dearborn lab today when I had to spend half the day over there. Damn. To cap it off, I missed a call from the shop while I was out in Dearborn. Even though today was a 17 hour workday, yesterday was the low point of my week.

Actually, the Mustang I rented is pretty decent; but it's no Fiero. Hopefully tomorrow I can take it back to Hertz and bring my baby home where she belongs. The other Fiero looks lonely out there tonight
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

I'm bummed... I can't fill my Fiero today. It's been a rough week.

Fuel pump died 85 miles from home Thursday afternoon. I couldn't exactly drop the fuel tank in Climax Research Services' parking lot. So the poor Fiero's sitting in a shop halfway across the state, while a......... rented .....FORD........ sits in it's spot in the driveway. UGH I hope it's not leaking oil all over my driveway lol. And I'd have gotten so much joy out of parking the Fiero in front of Ford's Dearborn lab today when I had to spend half the day over there. Damn. To cap it off, I missed a call from the shop while I was out in Dearborn. Even though today was a 17 hour workday, yesterday was the low point of my week.

Actually, the Mustang I rented is pretty decent; but it's no Fiero. Hopefully tomorrow I can take it back to Hertz and bring my baby home where she belongs. The other Fiero looks lonely out there tonight

Sucks to have weeks like that. Been there, done that. When my explorer was in the shop I got a 07 GP for a rental..base model from enterprise. What a dog. If I had bought something like that new its no wonder why people buy imports.

Remember, when things seem to be at their worst, it can always worster.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

Remember, when things seem to be at their worst, it can always worster.

Yuppers. That may well be Monday morning. The fires I've got burning are gonna take the extra large extinguisher. At least I was able to save my weekend by getting some stuff done after hours tonight. The lab crew at Ford flat refused to work over the weekend lol.

I'd probably have calls piling up in the morning, but.... Oops, I must have left my company cell phone in the lab. My bad.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Point taken, friends don't let friends post Drunk.

sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

Yuppers. That may well be Monday morning. The fires I've got burning are gonna take the extra large extinguisher. At least I was able to save my weekend by getting some stuff done after hours tonight. The lab crew at Ford flat refused to work over the weekend lol.

I'd probably have calls piling up in the morning, but.... Oops, I must have left my company cell phone in the lab. My bad.

Take no offense, I have no idea what your position is or what you do, but why not address the situation now? When I get a phone call I have to handle it. When a situation occurs that is beyond my scope I call the person who either created the problem/or who can fix it. IF nobody answers then I have to earn my keep.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Just was in at Shell throwing some gas in the car and the lady at the pump asked me if I wanted to fill up as gas was set to rise almost 15 cents a litre this afternoon should the bailout proceed.

This is Canadian prices per litre as well. It will probably work out to about 7 or 8 cents US per galon.

???

How do you figure that? It would seem to me to be more like an increase of 60 cents per gallon.

By the way, here in Vancouver gas is currently $1.20 per litre, the lowest it's been in ages.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

???

How do you figure that? It would seem to me to be more like an increase of 60 cents per gallon.

By the way, here in Vancouver gas is currently $1.20 per litre, the lowest it's been in ages.

Shoot! Did my math backwards. You're right - it would work out to 52 cents US per galon. The good news is apparently the lady at Shell didn't know what the heck she was talking about, or the stations didn't go ahead with their rate increase because gas is still the same here at 1.33 a litre.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock