Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote by madcurl
Started on: 06-14-2005 03:55 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: madcurl on 01-31-2013 10:41 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What is your vote with having a totally blacked-out deep dish DUB HRE 547 or a HRE 547 black-center w/deep phat chrome lip?
Tires to be used: 345/25/20 on the rears which I already have.

Goal? Black V8Archie chopper with a present that is Stealthy, meaniest, and nastiest Mad-Max look. MinntgreenGT has helped with his photoshop skills. Now all I need is a vote. Now on with the examples:

Exhibit A: (not a true representation of a phat lip but you get the idea)

rims:
#a - Black Center (w/chrome trim bolts)

Exhibit B: (not atrue representation of a phat lip but you get the idea)

#b - All Black (w/chrome trim bolts)

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-14-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm not a huge fan of blacked out wheels, but between the two I prefer the shiney fat lip. However I saw some black dubs on a black truck the other day and it looked really nice. I'm starting to like that look.
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
gross.
88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbDirect Link to This Post
Damn, tough call. I think A gets my vote though.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
A
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
B - It has that 'Batman' look to it. I like it.

-FieroLinks

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
if you are going for the all stealth look, go all black. they can look real cool like that. but something about the big polished lips looks cool! what other body mods are you doing? that could be a determining factor too. is is just satying "stock" looking (besides the chop, lowered, and wheels) or is it getting scoops and other body mods? that could be a determining factor on which ones you get!

------------------
The unfortunate history of my GT

"Because you're so chocked full of preservatives, they're just preserving you now" - why you shoud eat healthy

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Personally I've always preferred the chrome lip - as it helps to separate the wheel from the tire... otherwise they kind of blend together. But if you go for full black-out... then it should be everywhere!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

what other body mods are you doing? that could be a determining factor too. is is just satying "stock" looking (besides the chop, lowered, and wheels) or is it getting scoops and other body mods? that could be a determining factor on which ones you get!

The Phat-flaring look that is on #15, modified to-death IRM rocker kit, and Norms front flip kit.

Side-note: I seen the latest issue of Modified Mag which featured a yellow Lamborghini w/black-out rims. I'm still un-decided so keep the votes coming.

Edit: Jessie James, the bike builder has a root-beer colored Viper w/either blacked or brownish-out HRE 547.

Thanks.
Madcurl.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-14-2005).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
My answer is letter.....

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
A gets my vote.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

PFF
System Bot
justa6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
for stealth mean looking, go with B. otherwise itis too much bling

no matter though, that thing is going to be mean looking!

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 06-14-2005).]

mtncrasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtncrasherSend a Private Message to mtncrasherDirect Link to This Post
I vote for B! You can't go wrong with the all black look. Here is a pic to help you decide. It is ugly but gives you an idea of the all one color look.
G.

YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I like the polished lip. the all black loses the effect of the big wheel. Too much black IMO. What about doing the solid black chrome look?

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i'd say go with the shiny lip, but only because my chopper is black and i see it with all black wheels if i ever finish it. if you do it it'll look like i copied you, dagnabbit

seriously, i like the all black look. can't get more sinister looking.

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
I'd go "A" !!

Jim

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
I like the black with chrome rim look myself, thought about doing the same to the GT

------------------

still plays with cars..

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Curly,

If you can tell me where to get a set of those MOMO wheels in 'B'... I would pay you a headhunter fee!
I have even tried emailing Stefan to see if wanted to sell them... never got a reply.

Must have gotten lost in translation

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post
I like "A"
Hey is that the one you came down here to Florida to get??
I had stopped by that place you had yours at but they were all locked up.
It was the day you had posted you were going to be here.

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly I vote for the "A" look . An all black car with a slight amount of chrome is sooooooooooo sweeeeettt!

------------------
"but when equipped with NOS, sometimes I feel invincible..."
"but when I race from a roll it's hard to hit 2nd"

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
A
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
A all black always looks "dirty" (and not a good dirty like the rat....) the chrome lip provides a slight separation and looks much better IMO.

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I Vote For A. All black does look dirty and sorta cheap too me. The Chrome Lip looks really cool when moving and it still gives off a mean look. A is better than B
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
As soon as I'm done with this wall, I'll get that car painted for ya...

Gotta go with "A" a car like that needs a touch of class, not some shop-class-dropout-ricer-wantabe-crapppy-cheap-looking-two-bit-no-good-carrot-eatin-long-eared-... oooooops, got a little carried away. Anyway, I think you know how I feel about "b" compared to "AAAAAAAAAAAA"

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I vote for "A". The "all black" looks too much like "MadMax", painted with rattle cans. Guess it would look cool racing across some lost Desert someplace, LOL.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 06-14-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Without question A wins this battle.

The Chrome lip would break up all the black, and add a little zing of bling. The Black center will be more than enough to carry on the Stealthy look.

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Make that one more for A, I've been thinking about the same look with my yellow GT.

Dan

Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
I'll vote for A as well. I think black cars look their best with a little (just a little) chrome. Total monochrome looks too much like an Earl Scheib paintjob to me.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Another vote for "A" here.........

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
I vote for Black. It's the new bling,so in right now.

:cool

------------------
You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
The problem with black is that if you don't keep your tires nice, clean and shiney, they look crappy.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 06-15-2005).]

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
I love the look of the polished lip, especially with the black wheels.
I vote for A!
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/interactive.dos See what rims looks best there
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I like the black centre look but think it would look better with the centre caps in silver too like the outter lip.

------------------

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
a

because it simply looks better

Kentish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentishSend a Private Message to KentishDirect Link to This Post
I think your car looks great in silver with the polished wheels and that lovely dash of yours, I think you should keep it silver. Or, is this another car in the fleet?

To answer the specific question, I like the chrome lip on the rims ....otherwise the rims get lost and look small in black, especially on a black car.

Black looks great when clean but can look tatty with a smallest amount of dirt.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kentish:

I think your car looks great in silver with the polished wheels and that lovely dash of yours, I think you should keep it silver. Or, is this another car in the fleet?

To answer the specific question, I like the chrome lip on the rims ....otherwise the rims get lost and look small in black, especially on a black car.

Black looks great when clean but can look tatty with a smallest amount of dirt.

No. The wheels will be for another car...Stealth Fiero.

It seems that most like....A?

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
a
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
C) Gunmetal
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock