Started on: 04-03-2011 05:36 PM
Replies: 128
Last post by: batousai666 on 05-06-2011 05:34 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking about a Mera. I know I shouldn't but it has always been on my "cars I want" list. Is there anything I should look at in particular on these? Has anyone ever made a Things to check when buying list for Fieros/Meras? Best parts source for Meras? I just read the huge Mera in Paradise thread and I must admit it rekindled my interest. Also, there is a hardtop one for sale down my way.....hmmmm.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
thats a nice mera if you are talking about the one in the villages. I really want it but can't pull the trigger at this time. Need to get back from hawaii before I can really afford to spend that much money.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
heres a good one for comparison....Mera #7029
http://www.autotrader.com/f...e=used&cardist=12&st andard=false

i see Nelson sent you a PM, so i will let him tell the words.....
i will show you the pictures

then theres Tom's '88 Mera in Hawaii. its on more updated 1988 Fiero, so better....with the suspention and all.
very low miles....and well taken care of. look him up. first post way back on page one.

i know of one more but its mine ....hopefully!!

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-04-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Well it appears the deal is near. I have spoken with Nelson and will be headed down to mid FL soon to inspect and hopefully return with my new Mera. Then the short process of returning the badges back to stock and anything else that has been changed from stock.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Well it appears the deal is near. I have spoken with Nelson and will be headed down to mid FL soon to inspect and hopefully return with my new Mera. Then the short process of returning the badges back to stock and anything else that has been changed from stock.

I wish I made commissioned officer pay.

Congratulations, JR. You deserve to get yourself a new toy.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 04-04-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
It actually isn't that great. I made some very good decisions early on which paid off with respect to real estate.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, I hope your first plan for it is to put some different wheels on it. It just doesn't look right with the lace wheels on it.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
The one I am looking at has the Chromadora rims on it. I believe these to be the ones that came stock on it. More details when I make it down to her.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Good for you! Which one of Nelson's horses are you roping? Mine still has all the stock emblems on it if you need pictures.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

None of mine are currently for sale (although I might part with the black 87 for a decent price). The one John is looking at is the FL one in Lake Village.

Nelson

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Good for you! Which one of Nelson's horses are you roping? Mine still has all the stock emblems on it if you need pictures.

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
No on the Nelson's. I didn't even ask him for fear of being burnt at the stake for sacrilege!!!! Nelson nailed it. Mera down in FL owned by a gentleman named Rich. We have established a tentative deal contingent upon inspection. Headed down after return from DC.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Mera down in FL owned by a gentleman named Rich.

I hate to mention this but this is probably the Mera that used to reside in Milwaukee. He drove it in the winter and it will probably have daily driver rust on the under carriage.

Rodney
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
It is from WI and I will be looking at it closely. Anywhere in particular that it should be looked at/inspected? Should I ask for specific pictures to be sent? Thanks for the heads up Rodney.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
If you get it, I will buy your first Magnum PI Hawaiin shirt, and you must wear it! Seriously, I hope it is what you are looking for and it works out for you. If we end up in Afghanistan together, you have to have it sent over and we will drive it around.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

It is from WI and I will be looking at it closely. Anywhere in particular that it should be looked at/inspected? Should I ask for specific pictures to be sent? Thanks for the heads up Rodney.

i found a nickel sized hole in my Mera under the trunk carpet. drivers side.

looks like i get the most rust in the rear end. i would look back there big time.
up from the underneath and all the way to the top of the bumper.

i also noticed this yesterday.....in the back end from underneath

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-05-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tips! Hulki I am going to hold you to that but you are going to have to get two shirts and ride with me!!!! And I will buy the mullet wigs and parachute pants!!!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Actually, short, shorts are more correct.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I can see it now...mullets, small mustaches, short "Hooters" shorts, and Hawaiian shirts. Hulki and I are gonna get pulled over by the local Sherrifs office and strip shearched!!!! We will have 80s head banger music playing along with Axel F and the Miami Vice theme.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
I have the Magnum PI theme song burned on a CD to play in my Mera.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

We will have 80s head banger music playing along with Axel F and the Miami Vice theme.

Doo....Doo.....Doo.Doo.Doo.Doo.Doo.....Doo....Doo....Doo.Doo.Doo.Doo.Doo.......Doo...Doo...Doo...Doo...Doo.Doo.Doo...Dooooo...Dooooooooooo...

PFF
System Bot
Ruffy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
i love the mera to! the bad thing is to make a mera look really good/cost would cost as much as buying a real 308. ive been seeing them go for 20,000$ and they seem to be staying there. but then again you can really play around with the fiero's to make it how you want it. grrr now im questioning myself!
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
It is still less expensive than the Ferrari maintenance costs!

Nelson

Originally posted by Ruffy:

i love the mera to! the bad thing is to make a mera look really good/cost would cost as much as buying a real 308. ive been seeing them go for 20,000$ and they seem to be staying there. but then again you can really play around with the fiero's to make it how you want it. grrr now im questioning myself!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

It is still less expensive than the Ferrari maintenance costs!

Nelson

AND HOW.....WAY LESS!! for way more!!

Daniel
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Ferraris and can see the beauty in them. I have thought of buying one as my mid life crisis car. However, I have always loved the Fiero and for me they are about my passion for cars. My Indy, the 4.9L T-Top, my stock 88 GT T-Top, the Rottinchop...all represent the love I have for our little 2 seater. The Mera would be the final chapter in my additions. Well, that is at least what I am telling the wife! My story and I am sticking to it!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-07-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ruffy:

If you purchase a $20,000 308 you are asking for problems. On these cars it is well worth it to pay more for a car with all the maintenance records, and a fresh timing belt change,and suspension rebuild. Also they must inspected for hidden rust, electrical issues, wear on the supension and the proverbial timing belt. Exceptional 308's will still bring more than $40K. If you purchased a "museum piece" Mera for $20k you could drive it for years with minimal maintenance cost, and not have to take out and SBA loan when it had to be serviced. An engine service is $4500 if the are no problems. I have a friend that had one. He sold it and bought an NSX.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-07-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Exactly...Mera is calling my name!
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen a 308 in decent shape for $20k. You need to spend at least $30k and you can get 3 good meras for that price.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Three good Meras for that price may be more difficult than you think. That is especially true if they had recent paint and bodywork or an engine swap.

Nelson

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

I have never seen a 308 in decent shape for $20k. You need to spend at least $30k and you can get 3 good meras for that price.

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
More like two really nice Meras. Possibly two fair condition Mera's that will need some money spent on them to be proper, or one rough Mera you will end up spending quite a bit to make nice again even if you do most of it yourself. On these cars buy the nicest one you can afford. It will end up saving you more money later.
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
Reputable seller has value, too. I bought mine from Paul V, and it was exactly as he described it. OTOH, I bought my GT (RIP) with 60k miles off a used car lot in Rockville--it was a truly fantastic car for over 20 years. Guess I was lucky with that one.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Got some pics in my email...thought I would share. Please let me know what you think.

As I said in the beginning let me know what you think.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Not one input on the condition??? Man...tough crowd this week.
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
She looks nice. Only thing's I would like to see are: one, the build sticker under the hood. And, two, whats under those seat covers. I see she still has the original "Mera" front bumper.
WWP
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
i think it looks good for a 1988. i mean i would give it a bath in and out and go from there.
seems to have everything necessary for El Mera Perfecto minus some emblems....

i seen this somewhere but cant find it in my crap. but i had a spring cleaning so its in the back up .....

watch out for the rust like Rodney said, also. i found a hole under that coolant pipe bracket. after a few drips, i took it off one day. and the bloody thing pissed on me. pin hole the size of a pencil lead....

anyway are you going to get it or what?? i would. looks nice so far.
low ball for the best price and hope for the best.....

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-15-2011).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
That is my question: What is the build number?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Mera 8088
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the build number!

My option: Buy it and stop dreaming!!

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 04-15-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
^^^^YULP!!^^^^ I AGREE!!

one question.....did/does the 1988 Mera-Formula have the SE style steering wheel??
that looks like the SE steering wheel i was supposed to have
i like the 'flappy paddle" look.

i am still looking for the #8088 stuff i thought i had, also......cant find it, tho.

*EDIT* so maybe i dont have any info here.....say you got any shots of the front aluminum grill in ft of the radiator??

is it a 2 slat or 3 slat?? also pull the trunk carpet....i found a rather big rust hole back there too.
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-16-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I will be sure to take many pics when I head to check it out. Also, i'll be sure to check out under the trunk carpet for teh rust spots.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock