Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  YOU INSPIRED ME: "You Know Your A MERA Owner When..." (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
YOU INSPIRED ME: "You Know Your A MERA Owner When..." by Wayne Wm. Peterson
Started on: 01-27-2011 11:22 AM
Replies: 145
Last post by: batousai666 on 05-25-2011 08:13 PM
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
You Add 10 min to every gas stop for Q&A.

You delight in NOT telling your passengers where the door handle is.

You Live For Entrance Ramps.

Passing Gear is Every Gear.

You "Thump" the temp gauge as soon as you start the engine.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! i aint saying nothing.....well cept.
"you know you are a Mera Owner when....." there is 64 pages of Mera stuff in one thread on the PFF!!!!
....and when THE car (mine), Mera X, has more in common with the MERA Prototype, even including the no build sticker
i like this thread
getyasum!!

hahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-27-2011).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
You know you're a MERA owner when you're too good to post in the regular "You know you're a Fiero owner when" thread and have to have your own

Just kidding, carry on

**EDIT** But, you do know this is going to be a very short thread right?

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 01-27-2011).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
lol here we go again...
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
When people follow you into your own driveway to ask questions about the car.

When people say nice Ferrari even when you have all the original Mera emblems on the car.

When the hood fits flush or raises up at the corners depending on the temperature.

When no two Meras are exactly alike.

When the hood weighs as much as a stock Fiero,

When the rear window opening is 1/2 the size of a stock Fiero

When you have to open the door for you wife because of the door handle.

When you have to hit the power lock button five times to lock the door.

When the Vitaloni power mirrors are 10 times more expensive, and don't work as well as the stock Fiero ones.

When you get that big grin on you face when people give you "thumbs up"

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 01-27-2011).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
When your taillights cost what some Fieros owner's have spent on their entire cars!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

When your taillights cost what some Fieros owner's have spent on their entire cars!

and when one can find them!! good one
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
when you get pleasure in saying....
me-"Why would a Ferrari Kit car say Pontiac Mera on it??"
me- "right there!"
me-"on the Back"

me-"yeah,see?"....
and then it ends with
me-"yeah it is pretty cool, aint it?"
its happened once....so far, at the gas station.
turned out to be a nice guy in the end.

D

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
When you have to explain to your insurance company three time just what "it" is.

When your wife calls it "Your toy car." (she doesn't really need that operation anyway)

When your rear window fogs-up just from starting the car.

When you come home with the car for the first time, and your kid says " I want that when you die"! (true)

When you hide it from the plumber so he doesn't over charge you.

When you find yourself buying Hawaiian shirts on e-bay.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
when Newer Corvettes wanna "Race the new Ferrari" in town and you have to limp on home all sad
one day, tho! *clenches fist* one day

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
you start to get up out of bed at 4 am to do another Mera thread search on the PFF. and/or WWW.

and have more pictures of other peoples Meras than your own.....well cept me of course.
but you guys on the other hand.... im just sayin'
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
when you feel that welling anger everytime someone says...."KIT"
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
When a real Ferrari 308 owner stops you in town to talks cars and doesn't shut up for ten minutes before he realizes that it ain't one (happened last fall in the hardtop). I laughed all the way home after he told me his was in pieces on his garage floor to change the belts on it. The ferrari mechanic in Indy wanted too much cash to do it for his wallet.

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 01-27-2011).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Indiana_resto_guy

7158 posts
Member since Jul 2000
OR when you drive into an old Pontiac dealership and even the owners don't what it is.

Or you have to start a new thread to find out where the rest of the Mera owners hang out Or camp like Dan does!! (just kidding!!)

[This message has been edited by Indiana_resto_guy (edited 01-27-2011).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
you know your a Mera owner when people make fun of you for having a fake ferrari! lol.. jk jk..
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

Or you have to start a new thread to find out where the rest of the Mera owners hang out Or camp like Dan does!! (just kidding!!)

what ya talking about, my man.
i aint started a thread in a while.....i stay right in here. with yall

nice and warm (Hawaiian theme and all, dont you know) so safe....and just think if they hassle us in our Mera copycat thread, just think what they would do if we were not so "good" as to have our own. kinda sounds the same as last time only in reverse....one day i will understand this wacky world we live in.

nighty, nighy.....snow killer tommarrow, i be. arrgh!

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
meras are fieros too...
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

meras are fieros too...

well yeah except for the 1984, 85 and 1986's.....
*in my best Thurston Howell III voice* "sorry Lovie, they just dont have what is takes" "shall we, my dear?"...... "quite!"

bwahahahahaaaa!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-28-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
When you can pay for a water pump with cash out of your wallet, and the Ferrari owner has to take out an SBA loan for his.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

When you can pay for a water pump with cash out of your wallet, and the Ferrari owner has to take out an SBA loan for his.

......and you can actually change said water pump yourself, in your driveway, with Harbor Freight tools.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
some of harbor frieght tools are good, some are not... but i guess i should be quiet since they are a sponsor on one of my monster trucks lol
PFF
System Bot
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
When you have one of the only "Stock" fieros on earth that makes me ridiculously jealous every time I see one of you lucky bastards! Lol, keep up the god work guys! Youd better be taking good care of those Meras or else I might have to for ya!

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

When you have one of the only "Stock" fieros on earth that makes me ridiculously jealous every time I see one of you lucky bastards! Lol, keep up the god work guys! Youd better be taking good care of those Meras or else I might have to for ya!

Shadow,

We keep track of Mera's for sale. We can find one just for you!

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 01-28-2011).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
When you pay $45.00 for the same steering wheel that the Ferrari owner paid the dealer $750.00 for!

And YOU can install it yourself.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Yeah, I like this one, it's very true.

Whenever anyone calls my Fiero a wanabe Ferrari I explain to them that they could not pay me to take a Ferrari. I have no interest in a Ferrari, they are too hard and expensive to work on and I don't care for Mr. Ferrari's treatment of his racers and staff. I would rather have a Lambo or an Audi R8.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
when you pass out more copies of the Mera sales brouchure during the days car show, than phone number......to the laides at the bar that night

d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-28-2011).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

when you pass out more copies of the Mera sales brouchure during the days car show, than phone number......to the laides at the bar that night

d

lol
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post

d

Ah, Dan, those were not "exactly" ladies you were hitting on. We have to talk son.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2011 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
ya dan... if it was those body builders from your pics im not sure those are female... lol
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
you all need to realize that "you know your a Mera Owner when"..... someone finds a needle in a haystack (thanks, PsychoSurfer ) and the pure joy attatched to a plan comming togeather......my car will be KING!! 2 things i need, Mera Trunk Letters and a trunk Serial sticker....2 big ones i'll agree ,but the rumor to not have these available at time the of "EARLY" Mera production is running the thinking for now.

happy days are here again.....

*EDIT* i guess i need to add.... i should have the Mera1 red brake lights now, too.....with the current back up light install. if i had no back ups like #7006 i would go Carello for both turns B.U's and red as they are.

its weird that Indy has one thing in common with the Proto, i did not see comming the Back Up Delele Option.....unless there is some work back there, seems like something is going on back there, but i cant put my finger on it.....

D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-29-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
I think I have the answer for you Dan:

Turn over your car, look real close between the front and rear wheels for a stamping that reads: "Matchbox series no308" lol
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
^^^OK???^^^

"you know you are a Mera Owner when"......you find some other Meras so close you cant wait for the snow to melt to meet up! but we have to or else! gotta have the cars shaken but unsalted, right!

might have been pointed to 2 Meras with one owner here in the MI

Wayne if this pans out that makes 5 owners in 4 States.....we gotta do something this Summer to draw the rest of the Mera guys out. and bring them Southern Folks up here! your side my side it dont matter....actually INDY's place is perfect BIG and a mini Mera Muesum . its an idea??

also
just got a bump from the guy that talks to the Proto Owner.....no show this year .

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-29-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
when....Your key fob says "Ferrari"

A Mera Mosh, yeah, that sounds good.

I just got my assignments from the magazine, one will put me in Michigan, the other in Canada, Ohio & Pennsylvania, should work out to about 3-4 weeks on the road.
And the Readers Rally in July, another week gone. But there's still lots of time before the snow comes back again.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
where you going to be at in Mi??

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
Most likely the start of June, when I get back from Disney World. Want a Mickey for your antenna?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

where you going to be at in Mi??

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Most likely the start of June, when I get back from Disney World. Want a Mickey for your antenna?

WHERE? silly. upper? lower? SouthWest Lower off I-94 exit # 79 or there abouts????

and hell yes, i want a Mickey.....he can fight it out with AKU.....to the death\m/ \m/
for antenne surpremecy!!!

d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-30-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
All around the shore of "The Mitten" no Yoopers.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

All around the shore of "The Mitten" no Yoopers.

cool. let me know if you hit SouthHaven or around there. i will meet you or something. if its not raining i will be in the Mera....always in the Mera! let me know......you can take me to lunch on the corporate account.....i will let you

D
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock