Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 19)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
a huge thanks from me as well!!! the hospitality was awsome couldnt of asked for a better weekend cant wait for next year.

Antuzzi try and upload the other video of that race to if you havent already with carter lining them up at the start.
------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mint Black 84... 85 project car, big turbo 3.8

[This message has been edited by hammer18 (edited 08-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
We are in our hotel in the twin cities, tomorrow we continue our 740 mile journey home.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

We are in our hotel in the twin cities, tomorrow we continue our 740 mile journey home.

LMK if you need anything....... "Corners on Rails" hasn't responded yet.....
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

He txted a while ago saying he had a car dolly there.
A big thanks to the Shipmans for everything. Great time's.
More to come later.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, I will. I saw his post, wow that sucks! Really sad to hear that.

I did notice that my 4.9 is now blowing blue smoke every time I hit the throttle. Not good. Like when it's hot and idling at a stop light, when I hit the throttle it gives off a not too small cloud of blue smoke. I could be mistaken but I didn't think it was that bad before I left.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
Hope you made it home safe cornersonrails!

Here's the rest of my pictures from today: http://s40.photobucket.com/...0And%20Drive%20Home/
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Its shot in HD, however I cut the file size down form 300mb.....So if you want a HD version of this lemme know and I will upload.
Well, im off to the camp fire.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 08-01-2011).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I want to personally thank everyone for a fantastic weekend! Here I was worried no one would come back and I was pleased to see so many familiar faces and meet some new ones. It was exciting to meet Danyel and Helen from K-bec and they were just as nice in person as I expected. Despite a little rough weather Saturday morning, the car show was a great success with 65 cars total and around 4200 raised for scholarships. I want to thank Synthesis for his hard work in the door prize project as that raised a big chunk of that total. I also want to extend a big thank you to cornersrails for his work with the t-shirt printing as he did this at cost and the profits from the t-shirt sales is part of that total as well. I want to make special mention that Eric - screen name Alibi - donated 1000 himself to the scholarship. I was completely taken aback by this generous gift.

I enjoyed this year's event much more than last year I think... probably because I knew everyone well enough to kick back and enjoy rather than trying to be the perfect hostess LOL. We still have campers here this morning. Fred and Annette, Anatuzzi, Alibi, Kevin, JohnWPB, DIYStu and Robert stayed until today. Last night we had a blast riding ATV and dirtbikes followed by pizza and karokee at Toad Lake Store.

Will hopefully post some pics later but sadly left my camera out in the rain last night so not sure. I am already looking forward to next year and hope to see everyone and more back.

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 08-01-2011).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Wait....so I can bring my quad next year?
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Are you freakin serious ???????!!!!!! Do you need some help ???

Well I just returned the trailer at U-Haul. Got home last night at 11:00 p.m. Wife had to make the 3.5 hour drive with trailer out to get me. Thats love right there. Everything was fine having put on just over 1000 milesfor the weekend trip. (The rebuilt motor only had about 1500 miles total on it.) All of a sudden I loose 4th gear and the R's are just over 3 grand at 60mph. I notice that my oil pressure if foot off the gas goes to 0 and the light comes on? Apply gas and it goes back up. Motor sounded a little more raspy. 5 minutes to an off ramp I took my chances. Checked oil and it looked thinner and was about 1/4 inch on stick over the full mark. I hope to find out what the deal is today. I was told it was a new gear for the pump and that it should not fail. Maybe front cam bearing? Any thoughts?
PFF
System Bot
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Well, still shacked up at the Shipmans trying to decide when we are going home. Can't seem to shake the camp Shipman lifestlye. What was that song...............you can check out but you can never leave.

Fred and Annette
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

fierohoho

3494 posts
Member since Apr 2001
A few pics from Friday.

Stopped to see the worlds largest Turkey, its name is Kevin BTW.

At Camp Shipman on Friday.

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

fierohoho

3494 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Some pics from Show day.

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 08-01-2011).]

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

fierohoho

3494 posts
Member since Apr 2001
After the show at Camp Shipman.

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

fierohoho

3494 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Stopped at Treasure City on the way home Sunday.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for sharing your pictures
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
some awards...

best marshmallow marksman - shawn
best off road fiero event - Stu
most fun had by a rookie award - Kevin
best demonstration of yard gymnastics - Kevin
hottest driver of the year - Danyel this after Cassie's car overheated in the parade
flatest non-fiero tire - Fred .... think dirt bike Fred
best ATV acrobatics - Antuzzi
most improved ATV rider - Eric
the reddest red neck award - JohnWPB... where is your sunblock anyway man?
most Canadian flags planted on US soil - Danyel

im sure i will think of more LOL

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 08-02-2011).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I also want to say great job everyone, it was a blast!
Here are a few pics

the Delorean Engine

Interesting headlights

Back at camp

Carter hurling a huge marshmallow

Other things you can do with a huge marshmallow

Antuzzi got it

Antuzzi's revenge

look out for the bucket!

Danyel (Tylers toy site designer) returns from driving the Toy

The dreaded gravel

After the Parade

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by stumpkin:

What's up with the Frazee weather forecast? Started out with a good Saturday forecast on Monday but has been going down hill each day. Now its calling for 50% chance of T-storms. I'll check again in the am. I don't want to miss out due to weather but my immune system is crap right now & I can't chance getting wet & cold. So what is the gut feeling from the local folks about the weather tomorrow in Frazee?

Not sure if you made it or not, I didn't think I saw you. Sorry if you didn't make it. Anyway the weather was downpouring rain for a while, on the way into town for breakfast and during breakfast at the Palace restaraunt. Then sprinkles here and there off and on, then sometime after noon the wave of clouds passed over and it was all sun.. turned into a hot summer day.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
For those who couldn't make it, heres a taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPp7SEaJ1c

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-01-2011).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

some awards...

best marshmallow marksman - shawn
best off road fiero event - Stu
drunkest rookie of the year - Kevin
best demonstration of yard gymnastics - Kevin
best quote of the weekend - "i'm so drunk i'm losing my buzz" Annette (Fred's Annette)
hottest driver of the year - Danyel this after Cassie's car overheated in the parade
flatest non-fiero tire - Fred .... think dirt bike Fred
best ATV acrobatics - Antuzzi
most improved ATV rider - Eric
the reddest red neck award - JohnWPB... where is your sunblock anyway man?
most Canadian flags planted on US soil - Danyel

im sure i will think of more LOL

Damn........ sounds like i should have stuck around
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
We were gonna go home......Now we are driving to Mt. Rushmore. I still need to upload my pics from the weekend.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else kind of feel bad for Carter? He just seems to be a glutton for punishment.
But he probably deserved it all.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Does anyone else kind of feel bad for Carter?

HELL...... NO!

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Carter gives it just as good as he gets it for sure if you had ever seen ty and him together you would completely understand what I mean. he is definitely a balls to the wall kid. plus he covered tuzzi's head with whip cream prior to the whole dunking incident LOL
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I'm so happy pictures of the whipped cream on Antuzzi and the subsequent revenge got taken! So funny!

But yeah... we randomly decided that the Black Hills in South Dakota aren't that far away so we're taking a 2-3 day detour to go poke around out there. We're already packed for camping so why not? I'll probably have to stop and mail myself my extra goodies in the trunk to free up some space but no biggie.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Touched it up in photoshop a wee bit.

The midnight laundry mat decision has been made.....TO YELLOWSTONE! Oh lawdy.....

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 08-02-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
My mom and I drove 477 miles today, pretty exhausting but we did it. About 366 miles left to go, but those are pretty easy compared to todays travels.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
well, I am stuck in Atlanta due to bad weather flight delay. I will get home around noon Tuesday. This officially means that Stuart will beat me home by driving!

At least I can keep warm while I catch a nap

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-02-2011).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Wait....so Shawn's car is more than just a show queen?

You....have....no.....idea. Jay's car loves to slap your friggen head against the back window, launch you forward and then you find the back window again. It's fast. Seans car on the other hand is a smooth and refined power. He hits it and you take off, then in the blink of a eye the spedo is buried. But none of this matters when both are looking at the back of a Volvo 240. Yall might want to get used to looking at these.....
Anyways, both cars are nutty fast and next year it will be interesting as both are going to be even faster.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Does anyone else kind of feel bad for Carter? He just seems to be a glutton for punishment.
But he probably deserved it all.

The pic makes it look like he didn't take it well, but he put on that serious face because as soon as he hit the water he said "I have a phone in my pocket!" Which I took serious for a moment, however he was joking! Carter has a quick wit.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-02-2011).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just got home about an hour ago.... Wow.... We were landing in Atlanta, and a bad storm was covering the airport. We circled for about 45 minutes, and I saw the air spoilers retract.... I was like wait for it... wait for it... "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We are running low on fuel, so we are going to head to Birmingham Alabama, refuel, and then come back to Atlanta". When we did land, all flights back to West Palm Beach were done for the day.

Other than that, WHAT AN AMAZING WEEKEND! Just over $4,000 was raised for the Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship Fund, we had a great turn out, got to meet up with old friends, make lots of new ones, have fun camping.... who could ask for anything better!

I think if I was given the choice to go to Hawaii for the weekend, or hitting the car show & camping, staying at the Shipman's would win hands down! And I really do mean that!

Many, MANY thanks to Nellie, Jay, Carter and Cassie. Your hospitality never ceases to amaze me!

The whole weekend was just amazing! From just hanging around the camp fire on Thursday & Friday nights, the show on Saturday was a great success. The rain early in the morning scared us a bit, but it cleared right up. The turnout was great, Chris did an amazing job MC'ing the awards, Miss Frazee presenting them, all went so smoothly! The parade on Sunday was great, and lots of joking, drinking in between all of it! LOL

I coined the phrase, and am sticking to it "Camp Shipman...... summer camp for adults! "

I have tons of pictures and video, and will try to start posting them tonight when I get settled in.

Thanks to everyone for coming out for a great cause, the friendship, good times, I just can't list it all here!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-02-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Happy to report my dad's flight arrived yesterday with a delay from the weather, and my mom and I arrived back home today in the Fiero, we all made it home safe, and my Fiero didn't give us too much trouble (it's a Fiero, you gotta have some, right?).

I had an awesome time with everyone, and I'm so happy I won my first Trophy. Many thanks goes to everyone for their efforts.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
dropped of the money order and checks at the school today for a whopping $4274. I have two checks made to me that I need to cash and drop off for another $24, which brings us right up to 4300. Chris still has a little too... I think we will be right around the 4400 mark. congratulations to everyone for making this such a success!!

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

dropped of the money order and checks at the school today for a whopping $4274. I have two checks made to me that I need to cash and drop off for another $24, which brings us right up to 4300. Chris still has a little too... I think we will be right around the 4400 mark. congratulations to everyone for making this such a success!!

Does all this go for the scholarships? Are they still $500.00 scholarships? Does that mean they will give out 9 or so for the year or will they hold some back for the following school year or trun them into $1000.00 scholarships? I didnt recall a lot of slots on the Tyler Shipman Plaque for recipients or will new plaques be made when needed? I know...Questions, questions questions...lol.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
two 500 scholarships per year, so with what we have in the "bank" already plus this new money, we have enough for 5 years without doing anything.. although we will continue doing car show each year with the money going that way. we have 4 names on our plaque so far... 2 for 2009 and 2 for 2010.

i think our plaque accommodates 10 years... then i will have make a new one.

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 08-02-2011).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic Nellie!

I also still have some of the donation fund left in my Paypal due to hitting the ATM limits for cash withdrawals before the show.

After I ship these prizes, I'll paypal you the remainder of what is owed.

I know there has been some concern from some people that I may have spent a small portion of the donation fund for the trip.
This is all squared, and none of the money from the donation fund was spent for my trip. I have spoken with several people already, including Nellie on this issue.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-02-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock