Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ok here is the first post for the club a few of us want to get going here in Wisconsin so for the verry first post we need to iron out some details

1. First meeting and time and place

2. club name?? perhaps the thread title???

3. Who is going to keep track of all this stuff and members???

4. Who is intrested?

5. What kind of format are we going to follow will it be as suggested in Ramsprides post that it will be a club, but a organization of chaos meaning no leadership just everybody gettin together to have some fun with our little cars??

6. Id like to host tech days were we all get together to help each other out fixin or upgrading each others cars, Ive noticed some of us are well equiped to do some work and some are not wich is cool lets all learn somthin from each other.

7. Club logo anybody have an idea???

8.Mailing list and phone list for members only

9. Club news letter who would like to handle it?? id like to see within it tech ideas quick fix suggestions and maby times and dates of various car shows and events along with club related events ( id do it but I just simply dont have time doin single dad duty and runnin the paint shop at work)

10. Anything I forgot chime in!! and pm me so I can get a running total of who is intrested

Roll call!!!!! who is onboard.......................I

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Oh and since I just goofed up and posted this in wrong area Ill ask a tech question, I was looking up at my front cross member bolts and noticed the rear one on drivers side apears to have the metal around it cracked and woddled out and the bolt head seems to be beyond even trying to put a socket on it so how should I go about getting it out if it will come out, what have u guys done to fix this Id just weld it but maby it should still be removable.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Count me in obviously lol

Now i could, seeing as i have an ungodly amount of time on my hands atleast temporarily take on the role of organizer but if i land this job soon then that will be KAPUTNIK!!

I think we could even try a cruise sometime from like Riverside park in Neenah (I think?) to like Highcliff for sunset pictures on the cliffs some sunny weekend up and coming. Dosnt even have to be a Fiero, just some crazy or regular run of the mill car that you want photos of.

------------------
Chris the Madman Robles
Excuse me Sir, Do you have any Grey Poupon??

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
My email server doesent seem to want to work on here so can someone ask cliff to move this post to genral topic for me??

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-05-2010).]

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
Ok here is the first post for the club a few of us want to get going here in Wisconsin so for the verry first post we need to iron out some details

I'd opt for something other than the thread's "Central Wisconsin Fiero Club" title because a different name could give people a better idea of the club's origins and primary geographic scope. I say that because the geographic center of Wisconsin actually is Pittsville. That is a small town of under 1,000 people which is almost due west of Stevens Point by roughly 35 miles, but I don't think most of us who've posted thus far on the subject of this new Fiero club live near Pittsville.

More specifically, I propose either..
  • Fox Cities Fieros (because that appears to be where the majority of us currently live, and most in or near the area have at least a rough idea of where the "Fox Cities" are, even though I'm embarrassed to admit I'm still not sure if the "Fox Cities" include Oshkosh, although I'd regard it as nearby).
    or
  • Northeast Wisconsin Fieros (because that term, along with the "Fox Cities," seems to be how most of the local TV stations servicing this area refer to it in their broadcasts, even though my eyeballs and a map tell me Northeast Wisconsin actually would be nearer Niagara in the upper rightmost corner of the state closest to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, roughly 125 miles north of Neenah/Menasha/Appleton. Although most if not all of us just aren't that far north, "Northeast Wisconsin" does seem to be another popular term to refer to the area where the majority of us are).
Anyway, what is everyone else's thinking on this naming issue?

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
How about Wisconsin Fiero Psychos?
mickeyswing52

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mickeyswing52Send a Private Message to mickeyswing52Direct Link to This Post
Northeastern Wisconsin Fieros . I`am from Sturgeon Bay, which is not in the valley. Know a few more from Door County. Thanks Lynn
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Id be open to northeast wisconsin fieros or fox valley fiero club but I would like to include people as far south as milwaukee and as far west as waupacca and maby as far out as iola sice it is one of the shows we all go to lookin for parts! far as a drive I would have to ride along with someone for the time being my car is still far off from being road worthy yet I am even concidering abandoning it for target practice and start lookin for a nicer fiero and just cut my losses with this one.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
you could always buy mine!!! lol
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

1. First meeting and time and place

3. Who is going to keep track of all this stuff and members???

4. Who is intrested?

5. What kind of format are we going to follow will it be as suggested in Ramsprides post that it will be a club, but a organization of chaos meaning no leadership just everybody gettin together to have some fun with our little cars??

6. Id like to host tech days were we all get together to help each other out fixin or upgrading each others cars, Ive noticed some of us are well equiped to do some work and some are not wich is cool lets all learn somthin from each other.

8.Mailing list and phone list for members only

9. Club news letter who would like to handle it?? id like to see within it tech ideas quick fix suggestions and maby times and dates of various car shows and events along with club related events ( id do it but I just simply dont have time doin single dad duty and runnin the paint shop at work)

10. Anything I forgot chime in!! and pm me so I can get a running total of who is intrested

A highly organized club is alot of work, while I'm not opposed to such a club, I and I'm sure most people don't have time for the administative functions required to run such a club. Besides there already are 2 excellent somewhat nearby clubs that provide most of those things with reasonable annual dues {N.I.F.E. which is the largest Fiero club, and the Wisconsin Fiero Fanatics}. I do like your idea of a less formal club with meetings, tech/project days, and a local mailing/phone list for local members, as it would be very good to get with other LOCAL Fiero enthusiasts and help each other out with their projects, which those clubs I've mentioned can't provide due to their distance from the area. Just my 2 cents, also I sent you a pm

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
oh by no means do i want this to be a formal club and i alo do not want it to have dues to be a member, Having dues creats problems like having to file non profit tax status and stuff like that i am all about the idea of us all having days to get together and goof off w the cars i however would like to do mailing list and news letter tho so we all have an idea of whats goin on
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

oh by no means do i want this to be a formal club and i alo do not want it to have dues to be a member, Having dues creats problems like having to file non profit tax status and stuff like that i am all about the idea of us all having days to get together and goof off w the cars i however would like to do mailing list and news letter tho so we all have an idea of whats goin on

If you're talking about an E-MAILING list I think you're on the right track there, as getting something printed up and mailed out is a BIG hassle. I guess it all depends on how many people we are talking about. heck if it's less than 50 [most likely] than we could all just exchange e-mails.

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hmmm Email list are ok but id be willing to do a list and send it out also I have access to copy machines so woulnt be too big of a deal to print one and send it out, now we just need to spread the word. I have noticed every morning I pass a guy with a white fiero on my way to kaukauna and I have noticed one of the students of menasha high also driving a red fiero, also on grove street their is a forest green one that I offerd to buy from the guy but he is going to fix it up and another fiero owner on appleton road in menasha as well. Soon as we come up with a way of showin what we are doing Id be willing to stop in at their places and tell them what we are doing with this club.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:
A highly organized club is alot of work, while I'm not opposed to such a club, I and I'm sure most people don't have time for the administative functions required to run such a club. Besides there already are 2 excellent somewhat nearby clubs that provide most of those things with reasonable annual dues {N.I.F.E. which is the largest Fiero club, and the Wisconsin Fiero Fanatics}. I do like your idea of a less formal club with meetings, tech/project days, and a local mailing/phone list for local members, as it would be very good to get with other LOCAL Fiero enthusiasts and help each other out with their projects, which those clubs I've mentioned can't provide due to their distance from the area. Just my 2 cents, also I sent you a pm

I agree with you that "a highly organized club is a lot of work" but don't think that there is a high risk of this becoming such a club because no one on this thread or the earlier one ("Appleton Wisconsin area Fiero owners help me pwease!?") has expressed an interest in one.

I get the sense that all jetsnvettes2000 is trying to accomplish with the questions he's posted at the outset of his thread here is to bring a modicum of order to what otherwise likely would degenerate into a good idea that later ended up amounting to nothing.

To that end, I'll repeat two questions he's raised:

4. Who is intrested?

My answers are "I am" and "An informal format similar to that which your question described," respectively.

oh by no means do i want this to be a formal club....

I think you've been quite consistent about that position. To me, that position also makes sense, because as av8fiero has suggested, we probably should focus on offering something to Fiero enthusiasts in this area which is different from that which can be readily afforded them by either Milwaukee-area-based Wisconsin Fiero Fanatics or suburban-Chicago-based N.I.F.E. (Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts). However, just to help clarify matters, I also don't feel that position necessarily would have to preclude a locally-oriented newsletter.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't have anything against having a printed newsletter, but just understand what you're getting into, it's more work than you think. If you want to do it I'm all for it. I wouldn't want anyone to feel burdend to put out such a newsletter over time is all. I guess what I'm saying is that I would be more interested in a club for other things such as tech/project days, etc., i.e. the fun aspect of a club. The local aspect of it all is what interests me, but hey I'm not the only fiero nut up here thankfully, if others are for it and someone wants to do it I have no objections to it.

Anyways I am interested in having a local club up here however it is set up. I like the classier FOX CITY FIEROS or NORTHEAST WISCONSIN FIEROS title names better [sorry ramses], but the actual name is really not too important to me. I do agree it should be kept locally based, and maybe a fun Door county/Washington Island road tour could be set up at some point, but hey just let's get something started up here locally. That would be a good thing!

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-07-2010).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

av8fiero

917 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Not that I'm choosing it but a logo for Fox Cities Fieros would be easy, you could have a Fiero with a fox driving it with his head hanging out the window, and Fox Cities Fieros written underneath. someone good with graphics should be able to come up with something cool off of that. Maybe use a Fiero graphic similar to the red car in the upper left corner with the fox added in.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

------------------
88blackchopv8

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Since the root of the club would ultimatly be to get together for Build days and cruises, i move that the club name be:

"Northeastern WI Fiero Techs"

Im going to play around with the paint program and see if i get any inspriation for a logo
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Hummm.... Is waukesha too far south to play in this club?

And as for your bolts, I had to use an oxi acyteline set up to cut my lower bolts out, as they rusted to the bushing sleeve. I would think it would work just fine for you as well (just don't cut into the k member!) If you are taking about the bolts that hold the cross member to the car, I would try an easy out like this: http://www.harborfreight.co...r-sockets-96334.html
or this:
http://www.acehardwareoutle...03&source=GoogleBase

I've used the latter version and it works great!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
lol nope waukesha is not to far away if your car will make it your in!
Ok so I agree fox cities fieros would be cool with me also It does suggest were it did start after all, and the pure format of tech days and goin for drives is also great with me too far as a drive to door county well Id miss that one unless i rode with some one else for the time being mine just isnt up to a drive farther than 5 feet yet hehe!

Maby we could kinda steal alittle idea from the corvette clubs and do a drive around lake winnebago???
also hmmm logo ideas anybody peepin in on this thread with mad photoshop skills go ahead and give us some ideas!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Ok I have one more thing If I can find a verry nice fiero to trade for my 2000 suzuki gsxr6000 wich is worth 3000 I will voulonteer my 87 fiero to the club as a disection car that we can play with and possibly do a club chop top to or messin with home built ideas of interior or body mods
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:
Hummm.... Is waukesha too far south to play in this club?

The short answer to your question, 86fierofun, simply is "No!"

I don't think anyone in this upcoming organization has the intention of being exclusionary toward others.

Our purpose in electing a name for this upcoming organization, which happens not to include your locale in west suburban Milwaukee, simply is to give people an idea of its origins and its primary geographic scope --- so as not to mislead anyone in Milwaukee, or anyone else outside of the Fox Cities or Northeast Wisconsin, where most of us are, and where most of our activities likely will originate.

In that regard, we very likely will be no more exclusionary, nor misleading in our name, than suburban-Chicago-based N.I.F.E. (Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts), a much larger organization (and likely the largest Fiero club in the world).

I've been a member of N.I.F.E. for some time, despite not having lived in my home town of Chicago for years, and that club, along with my wish for ours, is not at all exclusionary. Nonetheless, they initiate most or all of their activities, as their club name quite accurately implies, in northern Illinois.

86fierofun, may we have the courtesy of your reply to just one question posed earlier by jetsnvettes2000? More specifically, it's:

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Lol well I gota say welcome to the club so here is our little club the unamed club unless I hear a vote all six or seven of us!! ok lets get this out of the way who wants fox vally fieros or fox valley fiero club? or fox cities fieros? I love fox valley fieros due to its simplicity ( FVF ) im shure that can be made to look cool in part of the logo!

So my vote FVF

Next item on the agenda is lets set a Tech date as Ramspride would put it, Im thinking two weeks from this sat (8th of may) so If u guys have any ideas of what to tackle Im all ears my car may be a bit of a project To deal with so ill save that one for later, im still making stuff for it. I know phonedawg needs a sensor for his manual trani maby one of u has a spare we could get out and get in his car?? I know the one I tried to get from the bone yard was a real pita and ended up havin a junk connector so it could be a real project changing the thing I guess!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-07-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

I'm on board.

I would rather be associated with east central wisconsin than milwaukee I've applied for a job up there, so we'll see!

As long as I've owned a Fiero, I've never been part of a club. I looked at the fanatics web page and stuff, but it just didn't seem like they were too active. Maybe they are, I've never tried to join. Maybe I should. Anyways, you guys seem like a motivated bunch, so I'm game for joining in. And I think FVF would be a pretty neat name!

My little fiero is out of service right now with a bum timing gear. For the time being though I have other transportation that I could get up north with. I drive an hour to school every day, so for a meet I don't think I would have an issue getting up there.

Will we be card carrying members?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
well if ya mean playin poker shure lol!!!! texas holdum anybody??? hmmm membership cards now thats a idea but prob not practical it would take up all the room in my wallet reserved for dust bunnies and lint !!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Like jetsnvettes2000 and 86fierofun, I certainly can go with "Fox Valley Fieros" instead of "Fox Cities Fieros."

What say you, av8fiero?
Like myself, you'd earlier favored "Fox Cities Fieros," and although I'd guess you'd also be perfectly fine with "Fox Valley Fieros" instead, I don't think it my right nor my duty to presume to speak for you.

By the way, everybody, we've not recently heard more from anyone further north on this issue, and perhaps more importantly, as jetsnvettes2000 asked earlier of everyone in regard to just the idea of joining this organization:

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I think as this grows more people will respond Im shure, one thing that may help is just word of mouth around town like I said before I will be printing up somthing and droping it into the mailboxes of the fiero owners I know of around town here, Id be willing to suspect they are not even aware of this forum I have been also concidering running a craigslist add promoting the club as well.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Ill vote for FVF.
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
I live 15 min north of Green Bay. Is that to far north?

Steve

P.S. what transmission sensor does phonedawg need?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Spoon, you are a LOT closer than I am, so I would say you're good

And no comment on my logo eh?

I guess I'll try again later....
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:
I live 15 min north of Green Bay. Is that to far north?

No, not at all.

Think of this club's name as being indicative only of where most of its activities or get-togethers likely will originate --- not as some geographical limit on who can join.

This situation is very much analogous to that of the club named, "Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts," a much larger organization than ours. Most or all of their activities originate, as their club name quite accurately implies, in northern Illinois. However, as their website says, they have "about 350 members in 35 states, and 3 countries." Thus, their name clearly does not prohibit anyone outside of northern Illinois from joining them. Similarly, our name does not prohibit anyone from joining us.

I hope that clarifies matters for you, 86soon3.4, and welcome aboard!
PFF
System Bot
F6GT-86wisconsin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F6GT-86wisconsinSend a Private Message to F6GT-86wisconsinDirect Link to This Post
I like this idea of a club, so you can count me in. I have to say also that Fox Valley Fieros does flow off the tounge very easily. The idea of a low key, getting together kind of club, for drives and fix it days does sound good. I cannot volunteer my place for the fix it days as i live in an apartment complex but i would sure l;ove to help. So Yes you can for sure count me in.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I like the logo it is nice and simple and clean. so guys, when should we all get together? Im still thinkin two weeks from yesterday???? anybody agree??? their is a small chance I may even have my car drivable by then I made a huge push on it today gettin stuff wrapped up I have a question for u guys tech related were do i get a steering damper shock thingy? i havent tried the parts stores yet I figured id ask first is it a common to find thing around town?? and far as that sensor i think he needed the one on the front left of the izuzu tranni id just pm him to find out for shure I tried again yesterday to pull one outa bone yard with no luck they are just to crusty out their. One last thing Im glad this is all coming together and the intrest keep building welcome all this is going to be fun!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
far as tech days I have alot of tooling here so u guys that dont have a place to work my garage is always open for help just as long as im home lol!! but seriously I have a pretty long driveway i think I could get at least six or seven fieros maby eight in it if we parked them right I have a 5 ton portable crane and in the garage a overhead trolly chain lift so swaps would be easy here soon as I get the corvette project off the dolly and back on the frame.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey steve I am still intrested in gettin some parts off your car too defidently the smooth molding of the right front turn signal piece and I think u said u had tires?? I am having a tuff time finding a set resonably priced that fit my american racing rims far as mine gettin on the road well im almost their I still need brakes tires and front stabilizer shock thingy I also have an idea for the first tech day my car has the typical high idle problem I am going to not fix this instead I am going to leave it for us to all fix as one of the tech projects.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I really need help too lol. today i hooked a batt up to my car just to see if i could get some power to the dash gauges and then POOOFFFF up goes a wire in the engine bay malted and burned in under a min. actually i think like 30 seconds if that! it was a red 12 gauge wire run off of my starter bracket and hot line from the batt to the distribution junction on the engine bay wall. i clipped it off and disconnected any power to it until a time i can figure out what to do.

Gotta Fing love when i just pulled my CL ad less than 5 mins before that it bites me in the tooker
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey rams dont fret, thats the whole reason we are startin this little club now u got a bunch of helpers to fix it maby this sat i can get free for a few hours and come take a peak I still have that guage cluster u can have maby with it some of the voltage items will be solved. did u see that add on craigslist i was talking about with all the fastback parts??
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
i had a similar prob with a wire cookin in my vette check your grounds again u must have somthin feedin back or the wire grounded out down on that goofy heat shield u got those wires were pretty brittle
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I hope thats all it was. i wound up pulling the gauges apart again and just replacing the bulb for the voltage light and i think that when i got in the front seat i may have bumped or jolted the highbeam switch or something that could have caused an arc cuz that wire ran only from the Dis block to the starter hot bracket and just cooked.

I cant get the smell out of my garage either dangit!

as for saturday as of now im free but if i get the job tuesday im not sure if i would be working weekends.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Like jetsnvettes2000 and 86fierofun, I certainly can go with "Fox Valley Fieros" instead of "Fox Cities Fieros."

What say you, av8fiero?
Like myself, you'd earlier favored "Fox Cities Fieros," and although I'd guess you'd also be perfectly fine with "Fox Valley Fieros" instead, I don't think it my right nor my duty to presume to speak for you.

By the way, everybody, we've not recently heard more from anyone further north on this issue, and perhaps more importantly, as jetsnvettes2000 asked earlier of everyone in regard to just the idea of joining this organization:

As I said before the name is not really too important to me, but I do like the classier sounding names better. Fox Valley Fieros is fine with me if that's what you all choose. For those outside the valley area the name is by no means meant to be exclusionary to anyone. Anyone is welcome, but be aware of the what I presume is the local focus of the club.

As for a logo I did contact SAFASTRO to see if he could come up with a possible logo/sticker for this proposed club. He is the one who designed and sells the pennocks decals and works with graphics. If he comes up with something nice maybe we can use his services if you all agree on it

------------------
88blackchopv8

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock