Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Which style new body kit would you prefer? Please vote. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Which style new body kit would you prefer? Please vote. by Songman
Started on: 05-22-2008 05:36 PM
Replies: 149
Last post by: jmbishop on 11-07-2008 09:13 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
See this thread for all the discussion. - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070866.html

I want to be able to tell the guys which kit would sell more when/if they decide to do a kit for the Fiero.

If possible and to make it easy to count, let's just write BORDER or TOMS in this thread and leave discussion in the other thread.

My vote is for TOMS.

Border

Tom's

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 05-22-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroReinke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
Toms, the other is to ricey
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroReinke:

Toms, the other is to ricey

agreed, i say Toms
Loops87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Loops87GTSend a Private Message to Loops87GTDirect Link to This Post
Toms
bluefiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bluefieroSend a Private Message to bluefieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm gunna have to vote for the Border
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Those aren't the best pics, Tom's a s much more tasteful kit.

I can't find a good pic, either, lol!

------------------
~Michael

Project IMSA Formula Coming Soon!
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I just took those off the eBay ad. But I agree.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Why not just buy an MR2?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Why not just buy a Corvette? Or a Cadillac? Or a Grand Prix? Sure would be easier than putting the engine in a Fiero.

I am assuming it will be modified to a Fiero and bring some of the look with it. No different than putting a 355 front on.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I'd personally like to mess around with the first one.
Kyle1016

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
TOMS
PFF
System Bot
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
TOMS
Brandyn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrandynSend a Private Message to BrandynDirect Link to This Post
not to be the odd-ball but i do like Border's better, but i would really like it the signal lights were either more discrete, in a different location or both. And as of now i am looking for a front bumper, and one of these could be a possible option depending on price.

Brandyn
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to have to go with "Toms". Just catches my eye better.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
TOMS - 8
BORDERS - 3

Still haven't talked to the guys yet so keep on voting!
ETC/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ETC/GTSend a Private Message to ETC/GTDirect Link to This Post
TOMS
ionstorm666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ionstorm666Send a Private Message to ionstorm666Direct Link to This Post
I dont think either will look good adapted to fit a fiero.

But my vote would be for the Border kit.
fatmerk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkDirect Link to This Post
TOMS
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I don't think they are talking about adapting one of these kits to fit a Fiero. I think they are talking about which direction to take when prototyping for a Fiero. There are two distinctly different looks.

TOMS - 10
BORDER - 4
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Both?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
TOMS
PFF
System Bot
NashvilleFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashvilleFieroSend a Private Message to NashvilleFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Why not just buy an MR2?

Ya! (said with a German accent)

------------------
If you ever have a questions about the sincerity of the circle of Fiero owners on this site, take a look at:
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members"

Pretty impressive.....

Avatar is of an actual Fiero on fire

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Hey allen did you get my PM regarding the C500 replacement and what you were using on your 3800SC swap?
myersports

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for myersportsClick Here to visit myersports's HomePageSend a Private Message to myersportsDirect Link to This Post
TOMS!!!!! oh yea TOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't like the whole gaping mouth look of the first one, so I would choose Tom's kit. Why are the headlights partially up though? Is that how it is supposed to be (I don't like that at all)?

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Toms
Fiero redux

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero reduxSend a Private Message to Fiero reduxDirect Link to This Post
I'd hafta say Tom's. Just not with the sleepy tuner headlights. The border has too much of a tuner look. My $.02.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Tom's makes it look like an MR2. Border's makes it look like a Nopi tuner car. I like the custom look, so I go with Borders.

Greg

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
I know they are just a starting point, but personally i don't find either kit to be too appealling, however i strongly support the effort to come up with something new for our cars.

The fiero already has great lines, so if u are going to tweek it, it better at least make the car more exotic or aggressive. i don't think either one does the job.

If they are going to do it, don't do the average tuner, or ricer look, do something unique that compliments the car.

Thumbs down to both.

Let them chew on something like these,....(sorry i am not, nor do i know the artists who crafted these gems, otherwise i would give them credit)

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

or better yet have them look thru these.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061898.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061918.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-23-2008).]

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
I vote BORDER.....TOMS would make the Fiero look too MR2-ish.....I think there is more "tweaking" capabilities with the BORDER design.

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
'07 3900 V6 Crate Motor Conversion

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
After looking at them for awhile I think I like the Border.

I think I liked the Toms better at first because the picture is taken at a better angle.

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
Toms looks best..i think a sweet paint job would really set it off..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 05-23-2008).]

MordacP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPDirect Link to This Post
TOMS, except i prefer that my headlights go AAAAAAALL the way down. What's with that anyway?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
TOMS - 17
BORDER - 8

Something completely new - All of us!
I don't know what the capabilities are of these guys but I will show them everything whenever we get together.
Whatever they come up with, it will be nice to have another option.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
My vote is for Border. I like the design and the authoritative look of the front end. Both of these designs make the Fiero look more modern. If you like the classic look then you probably won't like them but if you want to modernize they give a new look to the 80's design. In either case its liklely that you won't see anything like this anytime soon. Perhaps just the nose can be made.

------------------
87GT - with 3800SC Series III engine, 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MordacP:

TOMS, except i prefer that my headlights go AAAAAAALL the way down. What's with that anyway?

(thats not even a Fiero)

PHOTOSHOP someone?

Jon350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jon350Send a Private Message to Jon350Direct Link to This Post
I vote Toms with the turn signal all the way down
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMDirect Link to This Post
*****Edit*****
Border

[This message has been edited by LeviM (edited 05-24-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
As the ORIGINATOR of this possible opportunity, I am now placing TWO VOTES:

TOMS

TOMS

To me, the "Border" style looks too much like a cheesy "add on" body kit which I would prefer to avoid like the plague. I'm not after the "I juiced up my car" look- I want a more integrated "factory" look to it. I see WAY TOO MANY front bumpers like the "border style" on crappy Eclipses and Civics and don't want my Fiero looking like those cars in any way if I can avoid it. But that's just my preference, and if you like the other, cool.

And the whole "why not just buy an MR2" thing is silly. First, this is just a "style," not a replica of an MR2 question. And sorry, but the MR2 had a better looking front end than the aero body Fiero in many people's opinions, and if my car resembles an MR2, it won't bother me because it'll look better in the long run. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and please don't chime in with disparaging comments about something others are excited about. Each to their own in the end.

But that's just my vote! ( :

-Gary

P.S. HUGE PROPS to Songman for following through and contacting these guys. MAYBE we'll see a result and have something cool in the end regardless!

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 05-23-2008).]

Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post
As I have no measureable amount of "class"

I say BORDER.

Why make a body kit at all if it isn't going to make a big difference in the
look of the car??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave