Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New and Improved Fiero Badges... (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
New and Improved Fiero Badges... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-29-2006 11:51 PM
Replies: 355
Last post by: Greg Z on 02-14-2009 11:11 AM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Lookin' at that bar of yours ================= I hope you're around long enough to find out! I'll be playing around with the fill ins, but for now, they'll only be a solid silver- and hopefully gold.
IP: Logged
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure that you're as excited as everyone else so you'll let us know when you get them, but can you give an estimate of when that will be, like... a couple of weeks, a month, 2nd quarter '07?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Well, the way I figure it, they open back up on Jan 2. Place my order first thing in the morning, wait 7-10 days (working vs business??? I don't know yet)... so I'm thinking Jan 15th ish. I go to bed every night thinking about them as they're being born in the factory, held by soft cotton gloves after they emerge from their warm electroplating solution and placed tenderly in the packaging that will protect them from harm as they travel here to Endwell...
I have to get a life....
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Well, the way I figure it, they open back up on Jan 2. Place my order first thing in the morning, wait 7-10 days (working vs business??? I don't know yet)... so I'm thinking Jan 15th ish. I go to bed every night thinking about them as they're being born in the factory, held by soft cotton gloves after they emerge from their warm electroplating solution

switch that last part to silicone and it might be a victoria secrets dream
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Hey Andrew,

Best of the new year to you. I guess you haven't had nay made yet - is that right?

My car is supposed to be painted tomorrow. Is my ETA for the GT and V8 badges in January?

Dave
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:
Hey Andrew,

Best of the new year to you. I guess you haven't had nay made yet - is that right?

My car is supposed to be painted tomorrow. Is my ETA for the GT and V8 badges in January?
Dave

Dave...

Well, the way I figure it, they open back up on Jan 2. Place my order first thing in the morning, wait 7-10 days (working vs business??? I don't know yet)... so I'm thinking Jan 15th ish. I go to bed every night thinking about them as they're being born in the factory, held by soft cotton gloves after they emerge from their warm electroplating solution and placed tenderly in the packaging that will protect them from harm as they travel here to Endwell...
I have to get a life....

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Shoulda looked on page 5 before I posted! DOH!

Really looking forward to getting the badges.....

Haven't decided which ones I'll use on the TAZ - until I get them and freshly painted TAZ back!

Dave
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
tomorrow's the 2nd... we'll be watching

can't wait
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to getting these started! I can't wait to make that call first thing in the morning...
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
before i place an order, i am assuming we have gotten the bugs worked out of actually getting the badges sent out, and you answering emails and pms, correct?

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
The order has been placed! This is what I have comming in 10-14 days...

I have ordered 25 of each style in GOLD. They will have a meshed textured back and adheared to the Fiero with automotive 3M adheasive. I'm not sure how to spot weld a post on them yet, but will assemble my Lincoln Weld Pac 3200 HD welder and start playing around with it to see if this is something I can do or look for someone who can. In my conversation with my company rep, I was told that the design would be going to their best factory. I was also told that they do have experience making many other auto badges and that they have never had a complaint regarding the final product. I spent a great deal of time looking for the right place to have these made. I am confident that the quality will be what I expect, and that having hundreds of these made to have on hand will solve any issues that have been a problem in the past.

I am especially excited about having part of these orders made in GOLD! I'm partial to the silver myself, but know that the GOLD is going to be a great accent to many cars out there. I'll post an updated proof I received from the company shortly, as well as the spread sheet showing orders and payment status confirmation. Thanks everybody for the kind emails and PM's that I have received, your support and encouragement mean more than I can ever express in words, so expect a hearty hug should I ever get the chance to see you in person.

As an added note, Linda and I are still planning on attending the 25th Anniversary event in Michigan this year. My plan is to bring what I have left over to the show to sell but- they will be much more there than here. Probably in the low $50 range. I don't know how many I'll have left, but will keep a sample of every one that is made to take re-orders from.
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
awesome! I see ya at the 25th maybe a hug and beer will be in place

thanks again!!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiZer:
before i place an order, i am assuming we have gotten the bugs worked out of actually getting the badges sent out, and you answering emails and pms, correct?

Please feel free to wait until I actually have them in hand. When they come in, I'll post a picture of the collection as well as what they look like in real life for you to decide on. This is a sizable investment having these made, and most of the order was paid for out of my own pocket (minus the pre-orders), but at least they're paid for up front and will be in hand to send out at a moments notice. My goal is to make sure that everyone is 100% satisfied!
IraSummers

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post
so who gets the golds? do they cost extra? thanks!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
After careful consideration and a having received input from several members, the price for the gold will be $49. These will be produced in much smaller quantities, and because I need to have 100 badges total to make gold vs silver, they are going to be much fewer and further between. Even when I place orders for the other styles to complete the set, I doubt that there will be enough demand for the gold to put 100 together. The extra money will go directly back to getting the other badges produced. The $49 price will only be good here. If there are any left over from here, they'll be more $$ at shows and I'll probably put some on ebay. I can assure everyone that the quantities of the gold badges will be very few, and I will not be placing an order of 100 gold badges of any style.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
I want silver, gold will not go with my car, thanks.

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

fastback 88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
I would like silver also.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastback 88:

I would like silver also.

Gotcha...
Bruno Mid Engine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
Would like one of the two GTs I ordered in GOLD please. Thanks Much!!

[This message has been edited by Bruno Mid Engine (edited 01-05-2007).]

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I don't want gold... silver is perfect! But, BUMP!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
The days are dragging! I hate to wish my life away, but maybe I could use one of these for a few days...

PFF
System Bot
fastback 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
When will the siver ones be made?
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Cross me off the gold list. What was I thinking? I have silver wheels and gray interior, not gold wheels + tan.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

The days are dragging! I hate to wish my life away, but maybe I could use one of these for a few days...

just dont pull a cartman.

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastback 88:

When will the siver ones be made?

10-14 days from Jan 2nd.. very soon
IraSummers

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post
I think I will just keep mine all silver for now. I'll get a gold one later (if your still getting them) for one that does not go on the car. please email me or PM me when it's time to pay. (SummersI@bellsouth.net)
Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
put me down for a silver GT emblem. would look mighty nice on the front of my laptop!
can you still get the previous badge made? i would like to have it on my laptop and the silver one on the car instead but i will do with what i get.

edited cause i cant spell and i fat finger the keys regularly. and i dont even have fat fingers!

[This message has been edited by Flyguyeddy (edited 01-09-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I can get the other version made but it costs about $55. I really think everyone will be happy with these and will post the actual pic when they get here. The waiting is killing me! As an added note, I've spent some time looking for the best way to attach these badges and came up with the 3M NT 2000 Nameplate Double Coated Tape, which is the newest adhesive used by the big 3 automakers. I'll also still be looking at trying to attach a post for those that want one, but I don't know how long that will take.

------------------
Please Visit My Fiero Store Thanks!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

...I'll also still be looking at trying to attach a post for those that want one, but I don't know how long that will take.

I believe I was the first (perhaps only) to ask about the post.
I really don't care. I just wondered if it was there. Please don't sweat it just because I asked.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
1 ½ - 3 days now can you feel the excitement!
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
any verdict yet
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I got the adhesive in today... few more days to go.

------------------
Please Visit My Fiero Store Thanks!

fastback 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
Will you be sending adhisive with the emblems
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Yes. I plan on putting the adhesive on the back and trimming before sending them out. I found a neat fabric trimmer to cut the adhesive with...

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
anything over the weekend/today

just some wishful thinking...
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
not yet, I'll be on the edge of my seat this week...
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Badge. Hand. Now.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
alright where's the supplier from we'll go there with torches in hand
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
A clue posted on a very certain site looks very appealing to me right about now.

I won't tell which site, because it might be viewed as a "flame". I will, however, mention it can be seen in the Browse function.

LOOKING SWEET!
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
well I know another secret but I can't tell

I understand on keeping everything on the quiet side
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock