Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights by kmunson56
Started on: 03-25-2004 11:36 PM
Replies: 149
Last post by: LilRedT-Top on 09-25-2008 02:16 PM
kmunson56

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
I have redesigned my recessed lights to use Camaro headlights. The headlights are mounted to the trunk wall where the original lights mounted . The bucket/housing and lens/cover is mounted to the hood. When the hood is closed the opening in the housing lines up with the headlights. The light output is much better than the aftermarket driving lamps in the other recessed light setup. Anyone interested please email me at kmunson56@netscape.net for more information. The PM area has limited space so I prefer the email address. Here are some pictures.
Thanks!
Kris

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Neato! Bout time someone used those..
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
nice. looks like youve staggered the lamps to get them in side by side. i assume you can aim those?
here are mine:https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045007.html

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-26-2004).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Sweet !!

Way to improve the "look" of the flush lights!
Is this a kit you are selling?
How is the light output? is it clearing the nose ?

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor, 5sp.
custom hood,trunk,side scoops,IRM front spoiler, dk.Shadow Grey

fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post
Major question======How much for the kit? How hard to install?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Maybe it's just me, but I would have staggered them in the opposite direction. I think it would match the headlight opening a little better this way. Did those healights come that way or did you make a custom bracket for them?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice Kris - email sent!
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
Cool ... email sent
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, do you ever run out of Ideas?
When are you going to open a shop so I can come pick up some of this good stuff your always teasing us with?
kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
To answer the questions and reply to the suggestions.
Lurker: The lights are adjustable as a unit.

Revin: I will be selling them in a kit within the next few weeks. I have to fill the orders that were paid for prior to completion of the kit first and the housings are hand layed fiberglass that I do in my spare time. The light output is as good as stock though there is still a slight shadow at the front that is more noticeable than the same shadow the stock lights have. You just can't see the shadow with stock lights as much because the doors are between you and the shadow. The fog/ driving light at a low level still fills in the shadow. The output is better than my previous design and Tom's design since they were basically the same thing.

fotofrank: The kit is easy to install. The light mounts just slide onto the four studs used to attach the original lights, the housing and lens slide into the hood and are attached with the headlight door bolts, and the wiring plugs up to the new headlights and the original headlight plug. The kit is going to be $200.00 for the mounts,wiring, lenses and housings without the actual headlights. Since new headlights that fit the Camaro are $24.95 each at Auto Zone I am trying to get as many as I can find At the local U-Pull-It and providing them with the kit for an additional $50.00 for all four. The headlights are also used in the '94' -'95' Grand Prix and Olds Cutlass Supreme and the Geo storm , not sure of the years on the storm. So those who frequent the U-Pull-It yards can probably get the headlights themselves at a pretty good price. So far most of the headlights have worked out of the yards.

avengador1: I wanted to stagger the lights the other way but it can't be done due to the shape of the trunk wall. The outer bulb is as close as we could get it to the trunk wall and still make everything work. I worked with a guy here where I live and he came up with the custom bracket to mount the lights. I gave him what I wanted it to look and work like and he developed the design and produces the mounts for me. I designed the housing to fit with his mounts and I make them with fiberglass at this time and may try carbon fiber later on.

Jake_Dragon: I can't afford to open a shop at this time. Right now it is more of a hobby type thing that I am sharing with every other Fiero owner. I'm not sure if I could make it the only source of income since I am selling things as low as I can over cost to me to try to keep them at a reasonable price.

Thanks!
Kris

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kris you have a email ..

------------------

PFF
System Bot
kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
Did anyone who sent emails get my replies? I think I may be having problems with my outgoing email on netscape.
Kris
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I know for sure that the 92 and 93 Geo Storm had the mini-quad lights...

This looks good, I am going to have to place an order for these soon. Does the clear lens come with it?

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Very cool!
We are going to have a place an order for this kit for Jordans in a few weeks once you are hopefully caught up.
How badly are you backed up to when you will be able to ship out new orders?

Thanks

Steve & Jordan

Reality

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Very nice I saw them down in Florida. Not being a very big fan of the recessed headlight I still thought the actual design and development of the project was quite interesting. Just wanted to say good job and good luck with the sales.

(consider this a free bump )

------------------

Get the Wallpapers here! and Get the T-Shirts here!

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
jscott1,
Yes the clear lenses come with the kit.
Fiero5,
I just have to get caught up on the housings and wiring harnesses. The guy who designed the mounts already has about 15 sets ready and I have at least 10 sets of lenses. I had to do some corrections on the molds for the housings and haven't had much spare time due to my job since the Daytona show. I hope to get going again this weekend and during the week next week.
Thanks for the free bump Reality.
Kris
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Those are nice and easier to clean

------------------
Frank

1987 5 Speed Lowered

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 04-03-2004).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Those look awesome, I would love to come up with a way to make them pop up.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
So, what does the kit cost? I may have missed that part
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
I have installed these lights and they are AWESOME!!! I just finished coolr matching them. They are very easy to install. I am impressed. If anyone lives near San Diego and wants a close up let me Know. The product is well put together. Kumson was very helpful when ever I had questions. IF thier is anything I could do to help promote them is just to say "the product is worth every dollar and I would not try to get the price any lower for a product so well developed!" THanks once again I am very happy and my car looks so clean. Still try ing to figure out how to post pix, I'd really like to show how they look, can anyone help
PFF
System Bot
rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
sent ya an email kris
rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
bump
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to get of Topic but how much are your turn signal covers? Also im trying to decide between smoked or clear. Which do you think look better, and also how well can you see the turn signal light through the smoked lense? Could you post a picture of one of the lenses so i could see them? How do the lenses attach to the facia and what keeps them from falling out? Sorry for all the questions im just interested cause i really want a set because i saw them on Purple Reins car and they looked really good.

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
not a huge fan of recessed - but they look fantastic - deffinately better than stock
i'm still gonna hafta go the slimline popup look personally
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Kris,

Email sent earlier about the smoked turn signal lenses... Please let me know what type of payment you prefer, and where to send it.

Thanks!

------------------
Nic

Email me at my PFF username @hotmail.com

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by musicman_L7:

Kris,

Email sent earlier about the smoked turn signal lenses... Please let me know what type of payment you prefer, and where to send it.

Thanks!

For the record, those covers are mint, i got a set from kris earlier this year and they look awsome. specially on a black car, finish the nose off nicely..

------------------

[This message has been edited by MiZer (edited 07-13-2004).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Really nice work and alot of it.

Well worth the price for plug and play.

Arn

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Kmunson56, are you still selling the recessed headlight kits? If so, I'd like to be a customer.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmunson56:

The kit is going to be $200.00 for the mounts,wiring, lenses and housings without the actual headlights. Since new headlights that fit the Camaro are $24.95 each at Auto Zone I am trying to get as many as I can find At the local U-Pull-It and providing them with the kit for an additional $50.00 for all four. The headlights are also used in the '94' -'95' Grand Prix and Olds Cutlass Supreme and the Geo storm , not sure of the years on the storm. So those who frequent the U-Pull-It yards can probably get the headlights themselves at a pretty good price. So far most of the headlights have worked out of the yards.

PFF
System Bot
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
Whats the word on these ?
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiZer:

For the record, those covers are mint, i got a set from kris earlier this year and they look awsome. specially on a black car, finish the nose off nicely..

Thanks for the response and the info on the covers... But how in the hell do you reach this guy? I've sent emails, PMs, replied here... I've been trying for weeks, and I can't catch him. If anyone knows a better way of reaching him, or can reach him, let him know that I'm trying to buy products from him, and can't until he contacts me.

Nic

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
No word yet?

I would like to get in line for a set too.

Please e-mail me at racerjt@vafieroclub.com

Jesse

------------------

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by musicman_L7:

Thanks for the response and the info on the covers... But how in the hell do you reach this guy? I've sent emails, PMs, replied here... I've been trying for weeks, and I can't catch him. If anyone knows a better way of reaching him, or can reach him, let him know that I'm trying to buy products from him, and can't until he contacts me.

Nic

I received a PM from Audrey, his wife, this morning... It seems that they've replied to my emails, but for some reason, my ISP is sending their replies to my junkmail folder, thinking that it's spam. Don't know why, but I'll have to get that checked, and make sure it's not sending other important things that way.

Thanks Audrey, for getting the info to me! I'll be ordering in a day or two.

Nic

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
Hey everybody,
I haven't been on the forum for quite awhile because I have been busy with work , headlight kits and some projects for my car. Just don't have enough time for all of it. Thanks to everyone for the good comments on my new light kit. For anyone wishing to contact me about the kits or the tinted parking light covers it might be better to either use my yahoo email , which is kamunson_29@yahoo.com, or call and leave a message at 352-591-4308. It seems that some of my replies to people have not made it to them from my netscape email. Sorry if I have missed anyone who wishes to purchase my light kits or turn signal covers. Please try recontacting me if I haven't answered your questions or taken an order.
Thanks!
Kris
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Kris,

Did the Money Order get there? Let me know when the turn signal covers will ship out, or if they have already.

Thanks!

Nic

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
The covers arrived today, and they look great! Thanks, Kris.

Nic

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Yes I'm late..

Other supplier fell though.. price for a set with lights?

Please feel free to PM or send email.. Just need an address to send the check to.

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a paypal last night. I'll get the bulbs locally.

Thanks,
Jesse

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock