Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Sorry but i gotta ask, whats the story with Archie and Cletus? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Sorry but i gotta ask, whats the story with Archie and Cletus? by kawana
Started on: 01-07-2008 02:44 AM
Replies: 174
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 01-15-2008 04:54 AM
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
Ok i hope people dont get pissed at me but i gotta ask. Everytime i watch a v8 fiero video on youtube theres some guys there bashing either archie or cletus, or just bashing the v8 owner themselves. So, can someone give me a rundown on why they are doing this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
There was a bit of an unfortunate history between Archie (Cletus) and some of the former members of PFF.

------------------

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Archie and some of the Fiero enthusiasts don't get along as it were ..Personally I think the smallblock chevy is a very viable swap and has more total potential than most if not all of the others due to the fact that it is the most popular engine in the workd and its overwhelming aftermarket support. Being a nonconformist sports car purist myself, I think nothing short of a Ferrari engine in a Fiero will do in the end so... $&*I^ ya all ;D
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by MiZer:

There was a bit of an unfortunate history between Archie (Cletus) and some of the former members of PFF.

What wheels are those on your car??
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiZer:

Call them what you want, but when someone has nothing better to do the search the Internet for anything V8 and Fiero just to bash it I call that a troll.
We all have our favorite swap for what ever reason, why do people feel the need to bash someone else's. Its old and immature, asking them to stop has done nothing and only resulted in my removal of the youtube videos of my car.
I don't care for the pollution, there are more important things in life.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Call them what you want, but when someone has nothing better to do the search the Internet for anything V8 and Fiero just to bash it I call that a troll.
We all have our favorite swap for what ever reason, why do people feel the need to bash someone else's. Its old and immature, asking them to stop has done nothing and only resulted in my removal of the youtube videos of my car.
I don't care for the pollution, there are more important things in life.

Yeah - wht he said!

I'm about to pull my V8 vid, too, because they are annoying, like mosquitos. Their only purpose in life is to mate with another pest and make little pests that will pester our children.

Too bad there is no "Cletus-hater RAID" to get rid of them.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
While there is more than 1 person out there who doesn't like Archie, most of the "Cletus" bashing you see online is from Shaun Hammit from RFT.
Shaun tried to get a job working for Archie years ago and Archie turned him down. Ever since then he's done nothing but ***** and complain about anything he can find that Archie does.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-07-2008).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
A previous PFF member who caused many threads to go down into flames was banned.
With the aid of a few other banned members he started another forum and is for some reason, obsessed with slamming Archie and SBC V-8 Fiero's. He spends many hours reading posts here and making fun of them on the other forum as well as seeking out anything SBC V-8 related just to slam them.

Archie's first name is Cletus and he somehow thinks this annoy's Archie.

He only does it because he craves attention. As Jake state's he is nothing but a "Troll" and since he cannot troll here, He seeks out places he can.

Just ignore it.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-07-2008).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:
Ok i hope people dont get pissed at me but i gotta ask. Everytime i watch a v8 fiero video on youtube theres some guys there bashing either archie or cletus, or just bashing the v8 owner themselves. So, can someone give me a rundown on why they are doing this?

I'm was curious too. I noticed Shawn (some punk from Daytona, FL) was bashing Archie on my youtube video posts. I was thinking of asking this question too and driving to Daytona to whoop some...
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Why would people bash V-8 Fieros?
I could see if someone were installing a motorcycle engine or similar in a Fiero and maybe pure enthusiasts might not really be into it but the Fiero people I have met have pretty open minds about upgrades to a Fiero and I think a V-8 can be considered a viable upgrade.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Just ignore it.

Best advice

Once the bodywork is done I will put up some more videos but no comments will be allowed.
Win - Win
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
We can always hope for a sniper at Daytona. It should be an easy target...
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
I could see if someone were installing a motorcycle engine or similar in a Fiero and maybe pure enthusiasts might not really be into it but the Fiero people I have met have pretty open minds about upgrades to a Fiero and I think a V-8 can be considered a viable upgrade.

personal insecurties.

thats only reason I can think of to "bash" on someones engine choice. might as well "bash" on them for their favorite color. as if it matters.

the 350 is a favorite motor, and people have stuck it in just about anything with wheels. I would bet there is a wheelbarrow with a SBC in it.

I guess alot comes from when you show off your work on your Fiero to someone new - one of the first things to come out of their mouth is "I knew someone who had a Fiero with a 350 in it". and, from that point on - your work feels lessened. no matter what you say - your Fiero - even tho it probably is better & faster - is inferior in their eyes to that 350 Fiero.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

People bash v8's, because they think it is the "ultimate" swap, not that it is a good motor swap, they push that its the only option that is the most economical and powerful. btw when we refer to v8, we usually mean v8 = SBC.

The facts are now, many v6's and non sbc swaps are availible that are much cheaper, powerful, more efficent, easier, and cheaper than v8's which means that on paper the v8 is not the only swap that can make your fiero run 13's. Another reason for this, is very poor performance measures are frequently reported by the owners of v8 swaps, and tris is commonly caused by poor setup which includes a funny exhaust setup archie offers.....

flame suit on

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I like the look and sound of say a 3800SC engine in the Fiero and obviously it has more than enough power, but to the average home mechanic, which I will include myself in, after the initial outpour of money for the V-8 kit, from what I have seen and read you can build and upgrade a 350 GM motor a lot cheaper than a 3800SC. I know if you get a motor with lower mileage it will probably be ok but if something happens and you have to have any machine work or replace any parts on the 3800SC it looks like it would cost a fortune. A 350 GM can be built over and over again relatively cheap. Plus there are coutless resources for parts.

On another note, there are V-8s on everything. Check this out.
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/154/

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 01-07-2008).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:
People bash v8's, because they think it is the "ultimate" swap, not that it is a good motor swap, they push that its the only option that is the most economical and powerful. btw when we refer to v8, we usually mean v8 = SBC.

The facts are now, many v6's and non sbc swaps are availible that are much cheaper, powerful, more efficent, easier, and cheaper than v8's which means that on paper the v8 is not the only swap that can make your fiero run 13's. Another reason for this, is very poor performance measures are frequently reported by the owners of v8 swaps, and tris is commonly caused by poor setup which includes a funny exhaust setup archie offers.....

flame suit on
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Or really, so where is your shop and website offering engine & exhaust swaps if you can do it better?

nice chrome trash suit...
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

flame suit on

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I like the color blue and I don’t care what you think I always will. These kids that are bashing Archie were not even in diapers when Archie first installed a SBC into a Fiero in April 1986. I REALLY do not think the popularity of the Fiero would be what it is today if Archie did not do what he done. All the aftermarket parts and accessories came after Archie brought the Fiero to the front. To BASH Archie about his V8 swap is about as dumb as I can think. The next think that will be popular will be bashing Hulki Aldikacti. Go for it!!

Ed

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 01-07-2008).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
What ever happened to "let your work do the talking?" If I talked trash about how fast my cars were, I'd expect this, but I just enjoy my rides - and even help others show off their hard work through the E-zine. I know it's not Car and Driver, but it's still fun.

He'll just keep shoveling proof of why he is despised. Even if what he says about his faster-than-everyone V6 is true, who cares? All I care about is if the owners are having fun. It may be time to shut up and let his work do the talking because nobody is listening anymore.

I guess you're either part of the problem with people in the world today, or part of the solution. It will be nice when that life-changing event (be it maturity or wisdom)happens to him and he treats his fellow man a little better.

One the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen a little quicker with that sniper in Daytona, either (yes - I'm still a bit immature when it comes to dealing with the dredges of society - but I also think people can change. It's happened before )
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Hey Saxman, is that Bill Clinton playing on the sax? HAHA! Guys it's time for a breather.
Joe
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
Hey Saxman, is that Bill Clinton playing on the sax? HAHA! Guys it's time for a breather.
Joe

No, this is the shot of him

I got to play sax with him when I was stationed in Germany. The guy is actually pretty good!

True - breather time is good for everyone...
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

flame suit on

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It has nothing to do with anything you have posted.
The bashing is done by one person who crave's attention and someone wanted to know the story behind it.
We don't need to turn this into a 'Which engine swap is better" thread.
Everything was already discussed here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066364.html
PFF
System Bot
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
I used to occasionally go over to RFT to read Shawn's posts, purely for entertainment. But it got old really quick. The guy is extremely immature. Talk about kicking a dead horse...the guy just won't give it up. Even the people over there quit reacting to his childish antics, as evidenced by the fact that his threads don't get very far. It baffles me as to what kind of person he must be. I know he is easily the most annoying person that I have never met. If the guy had a V8 swap from Archie and it broke down or failed, that would be one thing. But he doesn't; he isn't even personally affected. Which just makes him look really stupid.

I think there is always room for debate, when it's done in a professional manner, and with the purpose of improvement in mind. None of the aforementioned apply to Shawn, unfortunately for him.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
Saxman will you please put some pants on Bill Clinton? Please???

I don’t like the negative vib from the 3800 guys and other swaps. I think everyone should install what they want but, running down the other guy will NEVER make you better. Can’t we all just get along? Saxman you are not going to believe what I am going to say right now but here goes. I originally did not want a V8 in my Feroce and thought some of the other swaps had some advantages over the V8. Now, if I get the money I will install a V8 the reason is simple. You just CANNOT beat the sound of the SBC no matter how fast you go. It is just &%^*$#* music.

Ed
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fino:
You just CANNOT beat the sound of the SBC no matter how fast you go. It is just &%^*$#* music.
Ed

That's "Sweet, sweet" music, right?

I know you got your 3.4 to sound almost as sweet as an SBC -and Lildevil and Soulcrusher have some good sounds, too! I like them all. My next one will be a 3800SC so I'll be able to speak for both sides.

(Sorry, Ed. Bill is not used to keeping his pants on )
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Shawn doesn't limit his bashing to V8 Fieros...he hates 4.9s, choptops or anything Archie has touched.

He acts very immature and the less said about him the better.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

(Sorry, Ed. Bill is not used to keeping his pants on )

That was good.

Ed

nfswift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nfswiftSend a Private Message to nfswiftDirect Link to This Post
When it comes down to it, it was a pissing contest over who's idea was "better" which in this case, I guess, means who's is faster.
Everybody knows %#& talking the competition won't make you go faster, all that time spent dogging eachother and trading blows on the internet could have been spent turning wrenches if either of them was that serious about being on top. Archie has a huge base of people coming to him for work, and as long as he does, he's probably content, he has nothing to prove, just like Shaun is only tuning his own ride for kicks, and when he is satisfied with whatever he achieves, he probably believes he has nothing to prove to others either.

It's strange when enthusiasts divide themselves like this. Ultimately this hobby is about your own personality shaping your own car. There are those who enjoy still living in the muscle days swapping and tuning SBCs, and those who want the modern style blocks who chose DOHCs, or those who just can't stand their 2.8s swapping anything that will fit... it's all the same goal, to improve the car, and everybody has their own way of approaching it weather it's tame or drastic. I don't see why more people can't understand that.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

No, this is the shot of him

I got to play sax with him when I was stationed in Germany. The guy is actually pretty good!

True - breather time is good for everyone...

Where in Germany, I was In Old Heidelberg 1966-1968 HHC7th Army
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I like Archie and never had any problems with the stuff I purchased from him. Plus, my wife looks great in his car...lol.
I don't know what the problem is, but I find it to be annoying that I put a vid of my car on the internet and the only comments I got were about how slow it is and how much of a gas pig.
To me, anything slower than 10.99 is slow, so i guess my V8 Fiero is slow. I guess I'll just have to live with that....oh pity me
Dave

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT (wife's toy), 1986 SE VR6 swap in progress, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 01-07-2008).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, V8 Archie's real name is Cletus Archambault (sp?). I guess the RFT crowd think it's funny, which shows just how (im)mature they are. That type of taunting would be typical of a 2nd-grader, not an adult.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
Oh, forgot about this thread already :P Thanks for clearing things up, for some reason i thought Archie and Cletus were 2 different people lol. Thought perhaps 2 different suppliers of v8 conversions that had a feud or something. If its just some turd that is mad that he didn't get a job well thats quite sad. If i got like that every time i didn't get a job, id have alot of enemy's lol :P Ok i think we can let this thread die, i dont want this to turn into something bad
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
Where in Germany, I was In Old Heidelberg 1966-1968 HHC7th Army

I wore out the golf course at Heidelberg. What a beautiful course!

You were there the year I was born, so I don't think we met I do love Deutchland. That's where I got my first Fiero back in '93 - a red 88 T-top!

Originally posted by bmwguru:
my wife looks great in his car...lol.

I second that!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

A previous PFF member who caused many threads to go down into flames was banned.
With the aid of a few other banned members he started another forum and is for some reason, obsessed with slamming Archie and SBC V-8 Fiero's. He spends many hours reading posts here and making fun of them on the other forum as well as seeking out anything SBC V-8 related just to slam them.

Archie's first name is Cletus and he somehow thinks this annoy's Archie.

He only does it because he craves attention. As Jake state's he is nothing but a "Troll" and since he cannot troll here, He seeks out places he can.

Just ignore it.

I can confirm this and I can speak from personal experience at the depths of hate these people have. One member has made a personal mission to destroy me lately for his own screw-up started a good half dozen threads and invaded coutnless others with is crap. I ignored him. I was gratified to see that when his ratings bar appeared is was deep red. Well, a few PMs to his fellow trolls later and whadya know, it's more green than red now.

These people have clustered together to destroy this forum, individuals who don't acknowledge their superiority, and anyone who accidentally gets in their way in the same way any radical group that wants "respect" tries to force it out of people. This is the internet version of a street gang.

Many have taken the approach to ignore them and go about their merry way unperturbed except for the occassional roughing-up of their threads. Some of us take the problem head on and end up with plenty of wounds to lick later on. Others still belong to the silent majority who speak not but vote accordingly when the time comes.

In the end, the ratings bar is your only REAL weapon. So all I can advise is USE IT!
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
I have a sbc fiero and I love it.. Some people just need to live a life..... But.... after looking at zz performance 9.01 @150.5 mph 3800 powered Grand Prix I think I'm going to build a 3800 for my spare Fiero. 600hp!!! and a 500 streetable hp 3800 wow!!. and shave another 800 lbs or more off that Grand Prix weight.....MMM. Oh well, it just ain't cool to slam another persons love...be it cars, girls, pets.... or just life... at least were living one...... Vince
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

I have a sbc fiero and I love it.. Some people just need to live a life..... But.... after looking at zz performance 9.01 @150.5 mph 3800 powered Grand Prix I think I'm going to build a 3800 for my spare Fiero. 600hp!!! and a 500 streetable hp 3800 wow!!. and shave another 800 lbs or more off that Grand Prix weight.....MMM. Oh well, it just ain't cool to slam another persons love...be it cars, girls, pets.... or just life... at least were living one...... Vince

Here Here, well said, time for bed, good day
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

generation gap maybe?
same reason "rice" is bashed - I guess

you'll hear endless bashing of the "wind-up toys" from the V8 guys also. and - a V8 Fiero is the best/worst or both worlds - a plastic wind-up toy with a V8. of course its gonna draw fire. people attack because they are intimidated. that is it.

no matter what you stick in your Fiero, unless its a V8 - first thing your gonna hear from people when you show off your motor is: "I knew a guy who had a 350 in one of those things". your work is lessened now because the "average" person thinks the V8 is better and more impressive. end of story.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
no matter what you stick in your Fiero, unless its a V8 - first thing your gonna hear from people when you show off your motor is: "I knew a guy who had a 350 in one of those things". your work is lessened now because the "average" person thinks the V8 is better and more impressive. end of story.

How true .......HOW TRUE!!! Right or wrong .....it .....is .......TRUE.

I do like the *&^%&* SOUND of a SBC.
Ed

------------------
Fino
www.feroce.net
Member National Kit Car Club
Lifetime Member CFOGi

pacethis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pacethisSend a Private Message to pacethisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

generation gap maybe?
same reason "rice" is bashed - I guess

you'll hear endless bashing of the "wind-up toys" from the V8 guys also. and - a V8 Fiero is the best/worst or both worlds - a plastic wind-up toy with a V8. of course its gonna draw fire. people attack because they are intimidated. that is it.

The thing is, it doesn't have to be the end of the story. So, the guy says he knew a guy that had a V8 in one...

So say to the guy, yeah - I know a couple of people that did that to...then discuss the pros/cons of each setup. I used to have a Northstar powered 86GT Fiero. I currently have a 3800SCS1. I prefer the current setup, it's more fun to drive. Does that mean I don't like V8's in Fieros...no! I think they're awesome...but so are the 3800SC ones, and there are more as well.

Archie has done wonders for the Fiero community, especially in regards to sparking interest and creativity. I personally don't think his conversions are the greatest, I looked at buying a car a few years ago that he'd done and didn't like the way the belt setup had to extend into the wheel well...but there are difficulties/imperfections associated with many setups.

In short, the guy doing the bashing is a loser. He needs to get a life.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fino:
I do like the *&^%&* SOUND of a SBC.
Ed

OK - I'll do you a favor, Ed. I'll trade my V8 Fino for your V6 Fino.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pacethis:

The thing is, it doesn't have to be the end of the story. So, the guy says he knew a guy that had a V8 in one...

So say to the guy, yeah - I know a couple of people that did that to...then discuss the pros/cons of each setup. I used to have a Northstar powered 86GT Fiero. I currently have a 3800SCS1. I prefer the current setup, it's more fun to drive. Does that mean I don't like V8's in Fieros...no! I think they're awesome...but so are the 3800SC ones, and there are more as well.

Archie has done wonders for the Fiero community, especially in regards to sparking interest and creativity. I personally don't think his conversions are the greatest, I looked at buying a car a few years ago that he'd done and didn't like the way the belt setup had to extend into the wheel well...but there are difficulties/imperfections associated with many setups.

In short, the guy doing the bashing is a loser. He needs to get a life.

I agree completely. I love just about any engine swap. I love seeing what people have done with their cars and the new and unique ways they've built them. How can you look at an install like Skitime's 3800SC and not be impressed? 4.9 swaps, Northstars, 3.4 DOHC, they're all great. I'm really looking foward to seeing an ITB Northstar in a Fiero and BMWGuru's VR6 swap.

But if it were me, I'd do an Archie swap. It's just what I prefer. It would be faster than some, slower than others. And it is the ULTIMATE swap - FOR ME. I've ridden in and driven a few different swapped Fieros, but the LT1 I drove put the biggest smile on my face. To me, that's more important than a time or dyno slip.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock