Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  MFC Visit to: GM Heritage Center (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
MFC Visit to: GM Heritage Center by WingNut - MD
Started on: 09-16-2005 03:39 PM
Replies: 133
Last post by: ARKaiser on 12-14-2005 03:21 PM
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Michigan Fiero Club Visit to the GM Heritage Center
Saturday, October 29, 2005
10:00 A.M.
Cost is $10 per person

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see almost 100 years of GM history. The Center is only open to GM employees and their guests. With nearly 200 automobiles, the Heritage Center is a collection of GM’s history that goes back to the early 1890’s. It is as much about the future as the past and contains many artifacts of GM’s history. Visitors will be dramatically reminded of the significant contributions that define General Motors and experience the passion and creativity of GM’s people.

For out of towners, arrangements have been made with the AmeriSuites in Utica for a rate of $89 a night. Reservations at (586) 803-0100. Also after the tour, we will be going to Dave & Busters in Utica (M59 & M53) for lunch.

MFC Vice President, Ken Shadlak, has arranged this special date Contact him at: (586) 677-4782 or email K4shad@comcast.net

------------------

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 09-21-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Can we take pics? Where do we meet?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 09-16-2005).]

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Last I heard pictures were OK.

At this time, we are to meet at the center befor 10am. I understand that there may be one or two groups that will be meeting for breakfast first. I don't have any details on that at this time. I'm sure we'll hear more and that someone will post that info when we get it. I'll be coming from Lansing in the morning and will need to eat. If anyone between here and there set up a time and place I most likely will show up.

This is a great chance to see GM history. It is also a chance for us as the Fiero community to make a show for ourselves. So come join us.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I sure would like to but it is not in the cards.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to assume but is it at the Tech Center? Which gate? Are there people interested in having breakfast before hand?
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
I will be flying up from Fl for this event so count me in and thanks MFC for setting it up...

------------------
8T6 GT

SD455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SD455Send a Private Message to SD455Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the invite!
If I can get that week-end off, (fingers crossed), my wife and I will be there. I'll know for sure by this Tuesday. I belong to a local Pontiac Club and was wondering if the invition could be extended to include no Fiero owners as well? I haven't mentioned this to anyone yet, so no problem if you want to keep it Fiero owners only.

------------------
JC
"I Drive Excitement!"
'68 Firebird 400/4spd
'74 T/A SD 455/Auto
And now, finally, My '88 GT/5spd, T/Top

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
The invite is to all who are interested. The center can handle VERY large groups.

I still have no firm info as to a meeting place or details on breakfast. I'll be leaving for RFTH on Thursday but will see what info I can get before then.

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I don't want to assume but is it at the Tech Center? Which gate? Are there people interested in having breakfast before hand?

The event is at the GM Heritage Center. It is in Sterling Heights, MI but it is not a part of the Tech Center. The address is 6400 Center Drive, Sterling Heights, MI (near Mound Road & 16 Mile. As far as I know we are meeting at the Center. I'll call Ken tomorrow and get some more info.

Link to Map: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=6400+CEnter+Drive&csz=Sterling+Heights%2C+mi&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Updates? I can't think of what's in the area right now but I'm sure there's a coney/family resturaunt near there. All I can think of is Meijer and McD's (or is it BK?). Van Dyke might have some better places.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
edit

I just spoke with Ken. We are expecting a large group of people and do not want to have this hold us up if we were to meet ahead of time. The plan is for us to meet at the Heritage Center (See map below). Ken is suggesting showing up around 9:30 - 9:45 am, as he will need to collect $10.00 per person before the tour.

We are planning on going to lunch after the event at Dave & Buster's.

Mark

map

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 09-21-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how much time I'll have after the tour and I probably won't until next Thursday so I'll still like to meet up with some people if they're interested. I don't know where I'll be eating but I'll be coming from the north. Might stop at the first greasy spoon I find south of M-59 on Mound. I'll be in the area around 8:15 or so and WILL be leaving NLT 9:10. I'll bring my collection of Car and Driver mags so someone might be able to take pics. Of course this might change, depending on what my work schedule is like...
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
do yu ahve to be a club member to go?
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
No - this is open to everyone.

I have no idea yet as to what my morning plans will be. After I get back from RFTH maybe I'll set something up for us who will be coming from the Lansing area.

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
cool, count me in as far as i know. it'd be great to meet some of the MI people!
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
Bump up.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Ewww, sounds fun, and it's right down the road from me. I'm putting it on my calender.

Bob

ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
bump again.
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2005 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Made my reservations for Friday & Saturday at the Amerisuites so 2 Indiana Fiero Fanatics will be there with plenty of photographic equipment.
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good . We will see you Friday late afternoon then.
PFF
System Bot
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
That was a question. Would you like to meet for dinner some where ?
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want to meet Friday night , for dinner, or something ?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
It looks like this could get very big. How about getting as many Fieros together and going to the plant? It's been 20 odd years sense they've been 'home'.
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'll be going.

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
301rwhp/345rwtq

Next Mod: 88 suspension

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
As of last night's MFC meeting we have 100 + people going. Should be a lot of fun.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
So has that A Hole Lutz put all the Australian cars he stole on display yet?
He did a totally sleazy act by encouraging GMH and motoring museums to restore the GMH concept cars dating back to Holdens beginnings. He then took the lot to display in the USA indefinately, denying Australia it's motoring heritage. He has basically done the same thing to the Monaro. No longer to be manufactured or sold in Australia because he wants it to be the GTO only. WHats next, will he steal the Holden utes to sell as Caminos and then deny Australian tradesman a classy work vehicle?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2005 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Another sad thing is most of the cars will never be seen by the public except the rare times like this. GM's only 'museum' is a showpiece with 26 vehicles just a step away from a dealership. They rotate the vehicles and sometimes display cars for special occasions (Corvette's 50th ann'y, Cadillac's 100) but I've only seen a couple times vehicles from other countries (Holden, Opel). Ford has a few places you can see cars and other automotive related stuff but DaimlerChrysler's museum is a fantastic place to visit. Too bad it's not really in Detroit (20 miles north).
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought, but how about a short trip north to Pontiac and we visit old Plant 17 for a couple of pictures after the tour?

------------------
8T6 GT

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
TTT
SD455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2005 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SD455Send a Private Message to SD455Direct Link to This Post
Yes!!! I was able to get that weekend scheduled off! Jen(Wife) and I will be attending. This is going to be a great trip/time.................can you tell I'm excited to be getting to be going?

Bringing two cameras, just in case.

------------------
JC
"I Drive Excitement!"
'68 Firebird 400/4spd
'74 T/A SD 455/Auto

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Can someone case Plant 17 to see if there's a place around it where many cars and park for photos? Anyone know anybody at The Oakland Press?
How many people will be willing to go to the plant? It shouldn't matter if you drive a Fiero or not.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-09-2005).]

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Can someone case Plant 17 to see if there's a place around it where many cars and park for photos? Anyone know anybody at The Oakland Press?
How many people will be willing to go to the plant? It shouldn't matter if you drive a Fiero or not.

Count me in for the trip...

------------------
8T6 GT

SD455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SD455Send a Private Message to SD455Direct Link to This Post
I'm up for that trip and photo op as well!

------------------
JC
"I Drive Excitement!"
'68 Firebird 400/4spd
'74 T/A SD 455/Auto

ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
bump
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

WHats next, will he steal the Holden utes to sell as Caminos and then deny Australian tradesman a classy work vehicle?

I think he should BORROW the plans copys and creat an El Camino here, so that BOTH tradesmen in Aus, and USA people like me can have a safe, stable modern Ute type platform to use for commuting. We would all benefit then. Heck, I'd even buy GM again if he did that.
S. Williams
Wants a UTE, but can't get one being in USA after deployment....

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ranger! Plan on leaving Indiana around noon but I think it is about an 8 hour drive from West Central Indiana. It would be a late dinner. My son is still in classes Friday but I think we are going to get an early out if possible. If not see you Saturday morning
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
Where are you staying , when you get to Michigan ? I am from the Ann Arbor area.
Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
I believe I have reservations at the AmeriSuites at 45400 Park Avenue in Utica, Mi. for Friday night and Saturday night. Don't think my 3.4 dohc swap will be done by then so I may just drive the Bonneville. Heck it gets better mileage than my 87 GT auto anyway.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock