Started on: 10-21-2004 03:11 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 09-27-2005 11:47 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Well, lately I have gotten a few requests about my old turbo project I had going. Well, here's the short end of it:

I bought it from BV Motorsports as a one of a kind turbo kit. I had it on the car for a very long time, but only had it actually working for a few hours. The car that I had it on was a total pile of trash. So when I parted out the car, I sold the turbo kit to a forum member by the name of frankt2012. The last I heard was that he had it running, but hasn't posted much on the forum since around feburary I think.

Frank, if you're out there let's hear some progress!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040223-1-029737.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/017815.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-037015.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040658.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031110-1-032079.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031110-1-031843.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031110-1-031408.html

I think with the above thread links, you should be able to gather ALL the info you will ever need to know about it. This way if anyone is interested in it, I don't have to write out everything. Just do a little snooping on your own!

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Fiero Performance Mods
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
bump...

Because I've been getting a lot of questions about it lately.

Bearkat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BearkatSend a Private Message to BearkatDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the links!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
no problem
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Anyone else wanna see?
Bearkat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BearkatSend a Private Message to BearkatDirect Link to This Post
Looks to me like I'm the only one interested in the turbo.

------------------
'87 Iron Duke A/T
Mods:
Transgo Shift Kit, MSD Coils, Spiltfire Wires, K&N Filter, Ultimate Dogbone, Catco Highflow Cat, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Pilot/Cyber White Headlight Kit

ScottyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScottyGTSend a Private Message to ScottyGTDirect Link to This Post
Oh... If I only had the money...
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2005 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
bump because I'm bored tonight!
frankt2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2005 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankt2012Send a Private Message to frankt2012Direct Link to This Post
Hey everyone. I'm back never really left just haven't been posting much. Hey Oslo hows it going? To answer some questions yes the turbo duke runs and still exist. The head gasket blew during the summer and the engine needs to be rebuilt. I currently am driving an 86SE V6 that I am working on right now. More on that soon. I will be bringing the turbo duke to life again soon. It's warm out so there is lots to be done on bolt fieros. I will get some pics up soon of the turbo. Sorry to disapear for so long I will explain everything this week. Sleepy time see you all later.

-Frank

frankt2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankt2012Send a Private Message to frankt2012Direct Link to This Post
Bump so more people know whats up
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2005 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
holy crap frank! Good to see you. I was afraid that this thing would have disappeared forever. Anxious to see the updates!

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed

frankt2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankt2012Send a Private Message to frankt2012Direct Link to This Post
I'll be posting updates as soon as I get a new keyboard. Some keys are not working lol.

-Frank

binarycode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for binarycodeClick Here to visit binarycode's HomePageSend a Private Message to binarycodeDirect Link to This Post
I have an extra keyboard I could fork over if that's what's still holding you back
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I can understand why Oslos turbo Duke project was put to sleep. The Duke is not well suited or designed for serious performance. SUre you could get 120 -130HP from the Duke with a turbo system but you can swap in a good used 2.8L for far less and get 140 RELIABLE horsepower , so why bother????

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
The Duke is not well suited or designed for serious performance. Sure you could get 120 -130HP from the Duke with a turbo system but you can swap in a good used 2.8L for far less and get 140 RELIABLE horsepower , so why bother????

Some people like the sound of the "wooooosh" that you hear from a turbo, and there is always the deal that there is the "wow" factor when you open the decklid. I guess that it's the same w/ those that want to install a V8 vs the V6 - all about personal preference and desire on where to take the car.
Why did VW put the 1.8 Turbo into our GLI Jetta when they could have installed the VR6? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Also, there is the possibility that there are SMOG laws that you have to deal with. I know that there are ALLOT of people that have turbo's and SC's on cars here in CA that remove 'em when it's time to go in for a SMOG check, and then re-install 'em after they pass. Good to go for the next 2 years.

Last but not least, I'd say why not?

--Allen

------------------

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I sure wish that Frank didn't disappear off of the face of the earth...

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 08-03-2005).]

frankt2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frankt2012Send a Private Message to frankt2012Direct Link to This Post
Oslo I'm still here. I work just about everyday of the week except for Sunday. The Turbo Duke is still resting in my backyard for now. I have a V6 SE noe to that I've been working on alot the past few months. Hoping to get a chance to post up some stuff that I have done on that one so far. But don't worry the Turbo Duke will work and run. I refuse to give up on it. I am saving up the money as we speak to send the engine in for a complete rebuild. I am lowering the compression ratio so I can push out maybe 8 to 10 psi. Also working on a new injector design and the intercooler. I work for Carquest so I can get just about any part I need and I know alot of shops that are willing to help me out with the project. I hope to have bolt the V6 and the Turbo Duke completed by the end of next summer. Actually now that I think about it I'm gonna fire up the Duke this weekend and check it out. I think the head gasket blew maybe I can get it kinda running this week.

-Frank
86 SE V6
84 TURBO DUKE
Long Live the Turbo Duke!!!

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone thought of adding sleeves to the duke and using smaller pistons? Thus thickening the cylinder walls for strength? or is this not possible / practicle?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock