Started on: 11-19-2002 01:39 PM
Replies: 158
Last post by: Earl on 11-24-2002 09:17 PM
Howard_Sacks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Archie and others, I post using my real name because I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. So call me out. I've had my butt kicked by bigger and dumber.

At first I was embarrassed, but I have since realized that I have nothing to be embarrassed about. Archie is the one who should be embarrassed.

V8 Archie and Rgeeinc ripped me off about a year ago. They sold me a lame engine that was advertised as being built by a "famous" Hot Rod magazine recognized John Anderson. Archie claimed he drove it around and it ran good. Had many miles of life left. blah blah blah.

It runs like garbage. The turbo system included with it was hacked together and very amateur. The turbo itself is not even properly sized for the 2.8 liter engine. I spent over $2,000 initially and over $1,000 since, just to get it on the road.

But that's not why I'm upset. It took Archie two months to ship my trash to me after they had my money. I called and it was always I'll ship it tomorrow or by the end of the week or the truck didn't show up. Say what you like about West Coast Fiero, they have always been up front and honest with me about time to ship stuff.

That's not even why I'm so upset. When I opened the crate up that the engine was in, various sensors(possibly custom and related to turbo) were missing from the engine. Custom fuel lines were cut in the middle of the line and not disconnected at fittings! Brackets were shipped cracked in half! The custom wiring for a 7th injector was cut up and no diagrams were included as to how to wire them. When I asked Rgeeinc and Archie for help, all I could get was non-close-up pictures which were no help at all. Rgeeinc even refused to put me in contact with the builder just so I could get my car on the road.

I had to start from scratch after paying a premium so I could put the known good system into my car.

Without the help of some great forum members, I don't think I would have been able to get it going at all.

However, I would have taken my lumps had Archie even apologized once. All he would have needed to say was, "I'm sorry, had I known it was critical, I might not have cut without labeling."

I've sat on this for a year. I hope he hasn't ripped anyone else off in that time.

Call me a troll if you like, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Some have asked why I'm attacking Archie in other threads. This is not the reason.

Archie is like the school yard bully. He is constantly belittling and harassing others that don't kiss his butt. I am sure that I do not need to give examples of individual instances. Use the search function. Dennis Lagrua is a valuble resource to the fiero community and not a pest. Same with George Ryan, Chris West and Doug Chase whom Archie has picked fights with.

Archie sells a poorly engineered product. It is heavy(his adaptors and mounts,not necessarily the sbc. I am a fan of the Small block chevy engine believe it or not) . It does not come bolt in. It comes with false promises of reliability. He can make excuses that there are 1000s of them on the road, but that doesn't make something well engineered. In addition, his stuff is expensive. It truly is unfortunate that he has no competition.

I haven't seen the stinger in person (I was involved in international Formula SAE competition during carlisle) but from what I've heard, Wicantoy wasn't off base in saying what he said. The emperor has no clothes.

I did not reply to Archie's taunts in the trash can yesterday because cliff's server was dropping packets both times after I logged in. I don't know if that was on purpose, automated or just a coincidence. It has never happened before to me and happened yesterday after giving Archie a "bloody nose".

Because of that, I think it is time for me to leave the forum.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
All righty then.......bye-bye now

NEXT !!!!!

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry about that but I'v heard only good things about Archie.

/shrug

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
Don't let the door hit you on the way out! I doubt you will be missed.

------------------

KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post
Wow Howard
KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post

KlaX

611 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Heard only good things?

or just only read good things?

In my opinion if someone can't be man enough to apologize then they are ignorant and not even man at all.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Another wonderfull thread.
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Let me finish this for you!

Another wonderfull thread. DOWN IN FLAMES!

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
After reading this rant I have a few small comments. I am not taking sides or whatver you want to call it so I hope no one gets angry with me.

Howard Sacks: This Forum is for the exchange of information, which is exactly what you have done whether or not it is fact or opinion is up to the lasting effect on Archie this will have. I applaud you for being honest when you know you will likely get flamed.

FLAMERS: Why not listen to what he is saying and then listen to Archie's response before making childish comments like "don't let the door hit you on the way out". IMO you guys are being stupid. Sometimes people make mistakes, and maybe Archie did indeed ship a poor product and ship it late at that. What gives you the right to think Howard doesn't have the right to feel taken advantage of or ripped off. After reading his experience I could honestly say I would be pissed off too..

HOWARD SACKS: I haven't heard any bad comments about Archies V8 kit until your attacks just now. Maybe you would get more respect if you just stated the facts instead of putting down Archies other products which you probably don't know much about.

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:
Because of that, I think it is time for me to leave the forum.

WOOHOO!!! I mean...oh, darn...thats a shame...

------------------
Nick
AIM: Naskie182010 www.naskie18.com

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Well after reading the above, It sounds like your blaming the wrong person. Oh well, Bye.
PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Hows that old Firehouse song go?
Two sides to every story.
Two different ways of looking at exactly the same thing.
Waiting on the 2nd. I personally have had no issues with anyone.
HIOSILVER
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

Why not listen to what he is saying and then listen to Archie's response before making childish comments like "don't let the door hit you on the way out". IMO you guys are being stupid. Sometimes people make mistakes, and maybe Archie did indeed ship a poor product and ship it late at that. What gives you the right to think Howard doesn't have the right to feel taken advantage of or ripped off. After reading his experience I could honestly say I would be pissed off too..

See this is what I mean. Archie doesn't work on V-6's. He works on V-8's. All Archie did was remove a turbo V-6 (to install a V-8 in the customers car) and provide the shipping. Archie did not build it, does not know how it hooks up, and did nothing but removed the engine. If Rgeeinc mis-represented what the engine was or failed to inform Archie what items were needed to be saved with the old engine, or even not supply all the required parts, why is it Archie's fault? Oh that right "shoot the messenger".
That makes sense.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 11-19-2002).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Wait a minute, y'all. That was coming straight from someone with first-hand experience, so don't be so quick to give him negatives. Consider changing your rating to Neutral and give this discussion a chance. This is the place for anyone with a complaint about Archie's quality of workmanship or service to speak up.

I have been a big fan of Archie's, although I have yet to be a customer. Been looking forward to getting one of his swap kits, and maybe someday even a Fino. But some criticism is good for business. Maybe Howard's being rather harsh in his tone, but I'm sure he expects to be whacked for saying something bad about one of our legendary figures.

If one or two people were dissatisfied, maybe it was an isolated incident. If more were, then Archie needs to know about it (privately, I mean). If you took it to him privately, without a satisfactory result, then why not bring it here. Banning Howard with negative ratings will only hurt the chance of legitimate future exposures of poor business.

All I'm saying is you won't get improvement of goods or services by banning every complaining person who comes along. Let Howard & others speak their peace. Also, let Archie explain his side of the story. If that's happened in another thread then I missed it and I apologize. But if by chance Archie is partly at fault here, he doesn't have to say anything, and can simply wait for the other guy to get banned. That's not the way it should work. Hear these people out, at least for a day or two.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

It runs like garbage. The turbo system included with it was hacked together and very amateur. The turbo itself is not even properly sized for the 2.8 liter engine. I spent over $2,000 initially and over $1,000 since, just to get it on the road.

Maybe you can hang the useless parts on the wall. Hmmmm, that sounds familiar.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

However, I would have taken my lumps had Archie even apologized once. All he would have needed to say was, "I'm sorry, had I known it was critical, I might not have cut without labeling."

I don't have anything to apologize for. All I did was to take some pictures of the engine and pack & ship it for Bob. At least now I know why you've been acting like such a boob.

To this day, I don't know what you paid him for it because it wasn't my deal. I had nothing to do with the money or your negotiations with him.

I did drive the car before we removed the engine and it drove great. Bob had driven the car some 2400 miles to bring the car to use for his V-8 swap. He drove all those miles with that engine in it. He had completed that trip to my place the day before I drove it.

The engine was shipped within one week of Bob telling me that your payment process to him had been completed.

As to the other details of who built the engine etc. that info came to you directly from Bob and I'm sure he will address that when he sees this thread.

Since I was doing Bob a favor taking pictures, crating and shipping you need to direct your complaints at him. I was working at his direction on his time table. I did provide you with all the pictures and info I had on this car and engine, however at the time it was removed from the car it wasn't being sold and there was no reason for me to 100% document the removal process.

And to top it off, I didn't take in one dollar on your transaction with him.

So Howard, once again, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Archie

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

See this is what I mean. Archie doesn't work on V-6's. He works on V-8's. All Archie did was remove a turbo V-6 (to install a V-8 in the customers car) and provide the shipping. Archie did not build it, does not know how it hooks up, and did nothing but removed the engine. If Rgeeinc mis-represented what the engine was or failed to inform Archie what items were needed to be saved with the old engine, why is it Archie's fault? Oh that right "shoot the messenger".
That makes sense.

Okay, well that helps. I just want to hear more before seeing the guy get canned.

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Howard,

You're argument probably would have came accross if you hadn't started to bash Archie's V-8 kits. What this thread is mainly about is that you got an inferior product (At least that is what you claim, I have not seen it in person, so I could not say) But, if I were in your shoes and had expected a sweet turbo setup which was complete, and I ended up getting what you described, I would be pissed off too!

So yes, I am a little disturbed by this transaction. When I do busniess with someone, I make sure they know exactly what their getting, the good the bad and the ugly. Just so I don't have people like Howard complaining that they got shafted. I really would like to hear Archie's side of this story.

As for Archie's V-8 kits. Hell, I would love to have one. A V-8 Fiero with an Archie kit would be absolutley great! I see nothing wrong with his workmanship. Nothing is perfect, especially when trying to cram a V-8 in a Fiero, but I think Archie has done a pretty good job of it.

EDIT: I see Archie has posted while I was typing mine.

But I do have a question for Archie. Did you remove the engine? Or was it that Bob guy who removed it?

If you didn't remove it, and all you did was pack it up and ship it out, then I would have to agree with you that he should be directing all of his complaints towards Bob. But if you were the one who removed it, I think you would have to answer to Howard's accusations about the cut lines and missing sensors etc...

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 11-19-2002).]

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post11-19-2002 02:47 PM   Send a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I for one howard do hope you stick around. Atleast email wise so if I ever need to make changed to my domain's ip and stuff you wont be far away

As for only hearing good things about Archie? I've heard ppl say that when 3-4 differant ppl have 'bashed' him for poor something or other.

------------------

Fierosite - Your Number One Resource for Fiero websites

Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post
Guys, you are being unfair. I really want to get an engine swap done, and I enjoy listening to people's opinions on what worked best for them, and didn't work so well. I've read alot of good things about Archie, and good things about his product. I've also seen him say some uncalled for comments when arguing about V8's vs 3800's for overall ability. What you say on this forum is a reflection of your character. Howard may be jumping to conclusions, but he is entitled to his point (which by the way sounds way more credible than, " Don't let the door hit you on the way out! I doubt you will be missed.") I would encourage him to post evidence of his claims ( pictures of the engine, weight of the kits archie sells, etc.) to back the point he is trying to get across. Connecticut is right about the flamers being childish. It's really sad to see that the lot of you guys never learned how to debate without calling the opposition stupid or dumb for what they believe.

"if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." (Thumper from the movie Bambi)

Take the advice you learned when you were three, then come back here and post like a man!

P.S. I gave howard a positive rating for speaking his mind, not for speaking out of his butt.

------------------
86' Pontiac Blue 2M4

[This message has been edited by Leafy (edited 11-19-2002).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

so don't be so quick to give him negatives. Consider changing your rating to Neutral and give this discussion a chance.

Those negatives are not racked up by this thread. Not even by the thread in the Trash Can. The few negatives he received there (and here) just put him over the 50 minimum for the bar to be displayed.

Not to down HS or anything, but it's not fair to think he got only negatives because of these two threads. I thought I just mentioned that to prevent some "you post one negative remark here and your rating shoots to the negative side" remarks.

PFF
System Bot
p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
What the hell does this have to do with Archie's business?

Last time I checked, he sold V8s and body kits, not Turbo V6s.

So I really don't see how this is a consumer warning on his business.

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

I did not reply to Archie's taunts in the trash can yesterday because cliff's server was dropping packets both times after I logged in. I don't know if that was on purpose, automated or just a coincidence. It has never happened before to me and happened yesterday after giving Archie a "bloody nose".

Oh no, not that again... Yeah, everytime there's lag somewhere on the internet it's because I release some kind of incredibly smart internet program on the net, causing your connection to fail...

For your information, I haven't read that thread after I moved it to the Trash Can. It's not like I don't have anything better to do.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 11-19-2002).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Rebuttal:

I have spent more $ with Archie that most people on the Forum. He has always taken the time with me, sent things quite quickly, given me his home # when I needed it, and spent time on the phone and online discussing various plans I had for the GBCT.... He has always been quite professional, and honest with me. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

------------------

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Oh no, not that again... Yeah, everytime there's lag somewhere on the internet it's because I release some kind of incredibly smart internet program on the net, causing your connection to fail...

For your information, I haven't read that thread after I moved it to the Trash Can. It's not like I don't have anything better to do.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 11-19-2002).]

Come on Cliff, we all know that you and Archie are the same person, so don't bother trying to deny it!

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leafy:
Howard may be jumping to conclusions, but he is entitled to his point (which by the way sounds way more credible than, " Don't let the door hit you on the way out! I doubt you will be missed.")

Connecticut is right about the flamers being childish. It's really sad to see that the lot of you guys never learned how to debate without calling the opposition stupid or dumb for what they believe.

I don't know about the other guys who are "Flamers" (I suppose my first post in this thread would include me in that group) but I for one did not make my statement based on this thread. I made my statement based on my opinion of Howard_Sacks and his positive contributions (well, lack thereof) to the forum. And I did not give Howard_Sacks a negative rating based on this thread nor on the thread in the trash can, his rating from me has been negative since about a week after the rating system was implemented. So Leafy, take the advice you should have learned when years ago and don't assume things. If you want to know why we (myself, revin, gargoyle, and anyone else who posts their own little "goodbye" to Howard_Sacks) said what we did, ask us, don't just assume it was from this one thread. Because I know that for me at least, it wasn't from this one thread. Howard just happened to say he was leaving in this thread, and I felt compelled to let him know how I felt before he left, and my opinion of him is based on his posts in the past, and my opinion of this post is the same as my opinion of his previous posts.

Nick

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I don't have anything to apologize for. All I did was to take some pictures of the engine and pack & ship it for Bob. At least now I know why you've been acting like such a boob.

To this day, I don't know what you paid him for it because it wasn't my deal. I had nothing to do with the money or your negotiations with him.

I did drive the car before we removed the engine and it drove great. Bob had driven the car some 2400 miles to bring the car to use for his V-8 swap. He drove all those miles with that engine in it. He had completed that trip to my place the day before I drove it.

The engine was shipped within one week of Bob telling me that your payment process to him had been completed.

As to the other details of who built the engine etc. that info came to you directly from Bob and I'm sure he will address that when he sees this thread.

Archie

Gee, this sounds eerily familiar. Someone ordered something directly from someone else, but the they feel you owe them an apology and refund. Funny how the shoe fits when it's on the other foot, huh?

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
So the only thing Archie had to do with this engine was remove it from a car and drop it in the mail. He didn't build it. Own it. or Sell it. He shipped it for a customer who you bought it for. I don't see the connection. How does buying an engine from this Bob guy reflect badly on Archie? It sounds like he had hardly any more to do with the engine as the UPS guy. He shipped it.
Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

I don't know about the other guys who are "Flamers" (I suppose my first post in this thread would include me in that group) but I for one did not make my statement based on this thread. I made my statement based on my opinion of Howard_Sacks and his positive contributions (well, lack thereof) to the forum. And I did not give Howard_Sacks a negative rating based on this thread nor on the thread in the trash can, his rating from me has been negative since about a week after the rating system was implemented. So Leafy, take the advice you should have learned when years ago and don't assume things. If you want to know why we (myself, revin, gargoyle, and anyone else who posts their own little "goodbye" to Howard_Sacks) said what we did, ask us, don't just assume it was from this one thread. Because I know that for me at least, it wasn't from this one thread. Howard just happened to say he was leaving in this thread, and I felt compelled to let him know how I felt before he left, and my opinion of him is based on his posts in the past, and my opinion of this post is the same as my opinion of his previous posts.

Nick

You misunderstand my reason for my last post. I did not read the Post in the trash can or any of the other "negative" posts howard and you feuded about, so I wasn't refering to you guys giving him negative ratings for this post or any of the others. Whether Howard made positive contributions or not, I thought his most recent post WAS a positive contribution and gave a different side to the story, thus I gave him a positive rating. From what I see, it is the flamers (you know who you are) who really deserve the negative rating, (even though I didn't give anyone here a negative rating) because their talk is cheap and has no credibility whatsoever. ( Heard of constructive critsism?) I commend you for trying to set the record straight, and in a stand up manner, and I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was "assuming" anything.

------------------
86' Pontiac Blue 2M4

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
When I read his rant, I was wondering were did Archies products come in, but after reading Archie's explaination... then I figured it out.

Howard

Borgio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BorgioSend a Private Message to BorgioDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Come on Cliff, we all know that you and Archie are the same person, so don't bother trying to deny it!

Cliff and Archie are the same person?
I didn't know that! Everything makes so much more sense now! I can't believe I didn't already figure that out.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

EDIT: I see Archie has posted while I was typing mine.

But I do have a question for Archie. Did you remove the engine? Or was it that Bob guy who removed it?

If you didn't remove it, and all you did was pack it up and ship it out, then I would have to agree with you that he should be directing all of his complaints towards Bob. But if you were the one who removed it, I think you would have to answer to Howard's accusations about the cut lines and missing sensors etc...

Good questions and well put.

The good thing about this is that we video taped a NEW instruction video tape on this V-8 swap. Although, I have not had time to edit that video and put it into circulation. I just watched the part of that video dealing with the removal of the original engine and I didn't do anything wrong. Everytime we take a V-6 out of a Fiero in favor of a V-8 we keep & use the original oil pressure sendor and the Water Temp. sensor. Aside from that we have no need for any of the other sensors. I can't see where we cut any lines that we normally wouldn't have cut. I don't do stock Fieros and have only removed 6 or 8 engines that had Turbos on them, if something was not to Howards liking he never expressed it to me.

It's too bad Howard has seen fit to spend the last several months taking shots at me instead of just explaining what his problem was.

Archie

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for answering my question.
naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

You misunderstand my reason for my last post. I did not read the Post in the trash can or any of the other "negative" posts howard and you feuded about, so I wasn't refering to you guys giving him negative ratings for this post or any of the others. Whether Howard made positive contributions or not, I thought his most recent post WAS a positive contribution and gave a different side to the story, thus I gave him a positive rating. From what I see, it is the flamers (you know who you are) who really deserve the negative rating, (even though I didn't give anyone here a negative rating) because their talk is cheap and has no credibility whatsoever. ( Heard of constructive critsism?) I commend you for trying to set the record straight, and in a stand up manner, and I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was "assuming" anything.

You're right, I did misunderstand a portion of your post, and thank you for clearing that up for me. Also, my post was in no way intended to be a flame for you nor was it to be directed solely at you.

Originally posted by naskie18:
So Leafy, take the advice you should have learned years ago and don't assume things

Leafy, upon re-reading what I posted, this statement came out much sharper than I intended it to, and I want to apoligize for that. I did not mean to be "bashing you" or anything of the sort, and when I re-read it when you quoted me it sounded like I was attacking you, which I was not, and didn't mean to sound like I was, and I'm sorry if it came across that way to you or to anyone else who read it.

Nick

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
i personaly can not wait to get my parts from archie my v8 kit and maybe down the road on another fiero the chop top and one of my best friends wants the chop i will never hesitate odering from v8 archie
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

In addition, his stuff is expensive.

After reading the post several times this is the only statement I could agree with !! And only reason I can think of is because I don't have the money ! And the reason I don't have the money is because everytime I turn around one of you guys Puts up something for sale that just jumps out at me begging me to buy it !!!
Actually I have no desire to put a V8 in a Fiero but if I did I wouldn't hesitate to ask Archie to do it!

I hate to see anyone leave the forum....I got upset about something on here awhile back (don't even remember what now) and decided I had enough and posted I was leaving the Forum ..... I don't think I even made 1 week away. Man it was a nightmare...but its the day I learned and accepted I am a PFF addict !
Even though it does keep me in the dog house with my wife !

[(Edit because I'm old and lost my train of thought)
------------------

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 11-19-2002).]

blue byu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blue byuSend a Private Message to blue byuDirect Link to This Post
Just for the record: Archie does have competition. There are other V8 guys doing it as well or better than him. I've seen Archie's work. I had someone else do my work, but I shopped and compared. Is he expensive? Doing a V8 isn't inexpensive no matter how you look at it. I'm just glad to hear that someone else acknowldges that Archie is not the be-all end-all. A legitimate option? Sure. The only way to go? No way. What you want is one thing, who can do it is everything.
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
for some reason after reading a few lines, i knew in some way my name would be brought into this. i because of personal meeting with archie dont agree with his way of doing business. thats not the point here. everyone is alowed to express there point of view. and try to warn people of his dealings with archie. good or not. for one im glad to see there is others that arent afraid to voice there opinion. sadly i believe if howard was flameing me . there would not be nearly so many posts. in my opinion is there any fault to what archie did ? not really . was there a communication problem YES. thats where i think all the problem was . but i cant say for sure. what i can say is i believe there are more on here that are afraid to post negative posts about people . due to the chance of getting negative feedback. personally i think this is a pointless part of the forum . there are many people that are not the most mature people in the world. where if you post something they dont like your getting negative feedback. howard i dont know you but i believe everyone on here has there good and bad points. and that everyone deserves to be here.

------------------
go fast or go home
or just drive it like you stole it

[This message has been edited by wiccantoy (edited 11-19-2002).]

Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post
I think what we need to do is realize that all this could be just a form of miscomunication on both sides, and misunderstandings happen frequently, sometimes infuriating one party or the other.

We represent probably the majority of Fiero enthusiasts in the world today; a brotherhood if you will. Sometimes brothers don't see eye to eye, even though they all have something in common. In our case it is the Fiero. The only people we should be bashing is Pontiac, which killed our beloved car.

Forgivness is the key, and this forum is the door in which to use it.

just my 2 cents worth.

------------------
86' Pontiac Blue 2M4

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

The only people we should be bashing is Pontiac, which killed our beloved car.

lol very true .

------------------
go fast or go home
or just drive it like you stole it

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave