Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The legacy of biden grows,....down (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The legacy of biden grows,....down by Rickady88GT
Started on: 08-13-2021 07:54 PM
Replies: 94 (1404 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 08-25-2021 04:11 AM
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The list of accomplishments is in the negatives, the economy is getting worse, spending borrowed money is braking records, the border is a disaster while Americans are restricted and forced into covid harassment the southern border is flowing rivers of covid across and now he is hell bent on destroying any civility in Afghanistan.
Not good
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds interesting, are you able to substantiate any of these claims?
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

Sounds interesting, are you able to substantiate any of these claims?


All of them
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18718
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 186
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

The list of accomplishments is in the negatives, the economy is getting worse, spending borrowed money is braking records, the border is a disaster while Americans are restricted and forced into covid harassment the southern border is flowing rivers of covid across and now he is hell bent on destroying any civility in Afghanistan.
Not good


Oh, hahah... I know. I mean, if we're being even remotely objective... Carter's administration will be viewed as a good one after this... and not just because he's a nice guy. This is probably the worst, I mean worst administration we've ever seen. EVEN if we were to objectively judge his accomplishments from the perspective of him being able to make progress on things that Democrats want, he's been failing epically. Like... it's so bad... so, so, so bad... that you can't really think anything other than how funny it's become. I'm just so happy that I'm financially secure right now...


 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

Sounds interesting, are you able to substantiate any of these claims?


Is this a joke?
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just see a lot of posts here with people screaming that the sky is falling, but it would nice to objectively review the hard data to do some good, solid critical thinking.
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

I just see a lot of posts here with people screaming that the sky is falling, but it would nice to objectively review the hard data to do some good, solid critical thinking.


 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

The list of accomplishments is in the negatives,

He has done more damage to America than good.
 
quote

the economy is getting worse,

The price of gas is going up, the price of building materials are going up, the inflation is going up and stagnation is our near future.
 
quote

spending borrowed money is braking records,

He wants to borrow more money than any administration in history.
 
quote

the border is a disaster

The illegal immigration into America is at a 20 year high.
 
quote

while Americans are restricted and forced into covid harassment the southern border is flowing rivers of covid across

Mask mandates and vaccine mandates are rampant across America, school are still not running normal programs after 2 years,
 
quote

and now he is hell bent on destroying any civility in Afghanistan.
Not good

He has started a new round of bloodshed in Afghanistan. Not only has he paved the way for the talibon to to brutalize the people he now set in motion a new wave of American service members to go back over there to die.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 08-14-2021).]

IP: Logged
BHall71
Member
Posts: 270
From: Yukon, OK. U.S.A.
Registered: Jun 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somehow it will all be blamed on Trump.


Brian
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18718
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 186
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

I just see a lot of posts here with people screaming that the sky is falling, but it would nice to objectively review the hard data to do some good, solid critical thinking.



You're a Democrat, and you want to defend Biden, and that's OK.

I'm registered Republican, and perhaps instinctively want to attack Biden... no different than your mentality on the topic.


But let's look at this pragmatically... these problems he's dealing with are NOT hard problems.

The border: a really simple problem to solve. Of course there are going to be more people coming after his administration, the rhetoric that's come from his party played a big part in a mass influx of illegals. If you support Open Borders (regardless if you are wrong in feeling that way or not), then you can consider what Biden has been doing a success. If you have any objectivity about how we should be handling a massive influx of poor, uneducated, and unskilled people coming into this country... when we already have problems of our own, then you'd recognize this has been an abject disaster. He could have... at the very least, continued to maintain the Trump-era policies. He immediately eliminated all of these policies for the sole purpose of appeasing his radical-left side of his party. It will never be enough for them, and do they even make up a sizeable voting block? Maybe, I don't know... but he's clearly pissing everyone else off as more than 1.4 million illegals have streamed into this country since he took office... all of which are now sapping resources from our welfare institutions and charities.

The economy: he's certainly not HELPED the economy. It's amazing it's still doing as well as it was despite everything he's been doing. He's continued to push pandemic stimulus when everyone is telling him that he doesn't need to. We have runaway inflation right now... which is raising the cost of pretty much everything... literally hurting the very people the Democrat party pretends to be helping. It's been fantastic for me... you don't need to know my finances... but I'm not getting hurt by this... but I know others are. He hasn't even been able to pass any bills yet, other than spending bills... imagine how much worse it can get if he's actually able to pass tax law? Good lord, just wait.

Energy Production: why cancel pipelines and eliminate leases? The cost of gasoline is outrageous. Not for me... I don't even look at the cost of gas before I pump... but for a lot of people, this means the difference between being able to pay their bills or not.... e.g., it hurts the very people they say their policies are supposed to be helping. If Biden wants to push for electric vehicles, there are certainly many easier ways to do this through encouragement and tax breaks... which I'm sure would see bi-partisan support.


My honest opinion, and you are more than free to discount... I don't actually think Biden knows what's going on. Anyone that's seen him in a non-controlled environment can tell that he literally behaves like a dementia patient that wandered out of a nursing home. I think the DNC, by and large... is running the country by committee, and as such, they can't really figure out what it is they want, and they're screwing up a LOT because there is no single person actually guiding the country. I almost imagine Biden waking up one day and announcing in a moment of clarity to everyone that he's being puppeted and he starts making decisions and they immediately take him off air. The fact that the media on both sides clearly admit that Biden likely won't be running in 2024 should be all that you need to know.
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 11899
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 209
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:


My honest opinion, and you are more than free to discount... I don't actually think Biden knows what's going on. Anyone that's seen him in a non-controlled environment can tell that he literally behaves like a dementia patient that wandered out of a nursing home. I think the DNC, by and large... is running the country by committee, and as such, they can't really figure out what it is they want, and they're screwing up a LOT because there is no single person actually guiding the country. I almost imagine Biden waking up one day and announcing in a moment of clarity to everyone that he's being puppeted and he starts making decisions and they immediately take him off air. The fact that the media on both sides clearly admit that Biden likely won't be running in 2024 should be all that you need to know.



Dementia Joe doesn't have the faintest clue what is going on.

They could have just dressed up his basement like the oval office and kept him there and he wouldn't know the difference.

He's just propped up like a duck blind to keep up the illusion that we have a new, different, Demorat administration.


From Jen Psaki right on through the rest of the old cast of characters from the Obama administration it's all the same crew of Marxists all over again.

A few of them, like Donna Brazile and Valeri Jarrett, just don't have their face seen in public much, (Jarrett is presently "a senior advisor to the Obama Foundation")

Make absolutely no mistake about it, This is Obama's 3rd term.



"WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden isn't the only member of his administration who remembers how things were done in the last Democratic White House.

About three-quarters of his top 100 aides previously worked in President Barack Obama's administration..."


https://www.usatoday.com/st...d-female/7706857002/


EVEN OBAMA HIMSELF CLAIMS IT'S HIS THRID TERM



"...former President Barack Obama praised President Biden and his administration for “essentially finishing the job,”


"During the hour-long interview, Obama admitted the Biden administration is an extension of his own presidency, saying “90 percent of the folks” in his administration are now working for Biden."

https://thefederalist.com/2...bama-administration/
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2021 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

I just see a lot of posts here with people screaming that the sky is falling, but it would nice to objectively review the hard data to do some good, solid critical thinking.


https://www.foxbusiness.com...tm_source=linkin.bio
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18718
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 186
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2021 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Randy, everything you just said... and now, the fall of Afghanistan. The American flag was just removed from the US embassy... there's a firefight at the airport (HKIA), and the Canadians, Germans, and British are all flying out / escaping as we speak, but Biden just announced a "shelter in place," so everyone has to hide under their desks as the Taliban approach even more quickly. Can you imagine any more of a failure as this? Literally, the Italians, Mongolians, Ukranians, and other coalition forces all left, literally there's no one protecting the capital right now except the Marines assigned to the embassy and a few contract security forces.

Telling you right now, this is going to end up being worse than Saigon in 1975.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye
Member
Posts: 11899
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 209
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2021 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Randy, everything you just said... and now, the fall of Afghanistan. The American flag was just removed from the US embassy... there's a firefight at the airport (HKIA), and the Canadians, Germans, and British are all flying out / escaping as we speak, but Biden just announced a "shelter in place," so everyone has to hide under their desks as the Taliban approach even more quickly. Can you imagine any more of a failure as this? Literally, the Italians, Mongolians, Ukranians, and other coalition forces all left, literally there's no one protecting the capital right now except the Marines assigned to the embassy and a few contract security forces.

Telling you right now, this is going to end up being worse than Saigon in 1975.


I'm actually more reminded of being evacuated from Tehran back in September of 1979, (we left a couple of months before Kohmeini's muslim maniacs overran the US embassy the following November).

The feckless and reckless, Demorat, Jimmy Carter was in office then and the ensuing crisis that dragged on for OVER A YEAR helped usher in Ronald Reagan.
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
You're a Democrat, and you want to defend Biden, and that's OK.

I'm registered Republican, and perhaps instinctively want to attack Biden... no different than your mentality on the topic.


But let's look at this pragmatically... these problems he's dealing with are NOT hard problems.

The border: a really simple problem to solve. Of course there are going to be more people coming after his administration, the rhetoric that's come from his party played a big part in a mass influx of illegals. If you support Open Borders (regardless if you are wrong in feeling that way or not), then you can consider what Biden has been doing a success. If you have any objectivity about how we should be handling a massive influx of poor, uneducated, and unskilled people coming into this country... when we already have problems of our own, then you'd recognize this has been an abject disaster. He could have... at the very least, continued to maintain the Trump-era policies. He immediately eliminated all of these policies for the sole purpose of appeasing his radical-left side of his party. It will never be enough for them, and do they even make up a sizeable voting block? Maybe, I don't know... but he's clearly pissing everyone else off as more than 1.4 million illegals have streamed into this country since he took office... all of which are now sapping resources from our welfare institutions and charities.

The economy: he's certainly not HELPED the economy. It's amazing it's still doing as well as it was despite everything he's been doing. He's continued to push pandemic stimulus when everyone is telling him that he doesn't need to. We have runaway inflation right now... which is raising the cost of pretty much everything... literally hurting the very people the Democrat party pretends to be helping. It's been fantastic for me... you don't need to know my finances... but I'm not getting hurt by this... but I know others are. He hasn't even been able to pass any bills yet, other than spending bills... imagine how much worse it can get if he's actually able to pass tax law? Good lord, just wait.

Energy Production: why cancel pipelines and eliminate leases? The cost of gasoline is outrageous. Not for me... I don't even look at the cost of gas before I pump... but for a lot of people, this means the difference between being able to pay their bills or not.... e.g., it hurts the very people they say their policies are supposed to be helping. If Biden wants to push for electric vehicles, there are certainly many easier ways to do this through encouragement and tax breaks... which I'm sure would see bi-partisan support.


My honest opinion, and you are more than free to discount... I don't actually think Biden knows what's going on. Anyone that's seen him in a non-controlled environment can tell that he literally behaves like a dementia patient that wandered out of a nursing home. I think the DNC, by and large... is running the country by committee, and as such, they can't really figure out what it is they want, and they're screwing up a LOT because there is no single person actually guiding the country. I almost imagine Biden waking up one day and announcing in a moment of clarity to everyone that he's being puppeted and he starts making decisions and they immediately take him off air. The fact that the media on both sides clearly admit that Biden likely won't be running in 2024 should be all that you need to know.


I'm actually not - but it *is* concerning that asking for someone to provide actual concrete examples to support a claim becomes a partisan issue. It speaks volumes.

IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroSTETZ

1741 posts
Member since Aug 99
 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:


https://www.foxbusiness.com...tm_source=linkin. bio


Linking to an opinion blog isn't fact checking.
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

I just see a lot of posts here with people screaming that the sky is falling, but it would nice to objectively review the hard data to do some good, solid critical thinking.

Linking to an opinion blog isn't fact checking.

I noticed you haven't discussed the critical thinking as alluded to. Kinda seems like you just like screaming at people.
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I noticed you haven't discussed the critical thinking as alluded to. Kinda seems like you just like screaming at people.


I'm not yelling at anyone, might want to curb the projection, it serves no purpose. I haven't screamed at anyone - merely asked for data. None has been provided.

I'm simply curious what data you all use to come to conclusions, beyond parroting what other people say. I'm not here to say whether anyone's opinion is right or wrong, just asking how you come to the conclusions you do. All that's been provided so far is either pasted opinions, restated opinions, or links to unsubstantiated opinions. Those aren't data, facts, or numbers - they're opinions. My initial query was, what data do you use to reach these conclusions.

Critical thinking is defined as "the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.". That means data-driven analysis and decision making. Data is the core component of that. Objectivity is another core component. So far, when I asked for data to back up the claims, I was provided with no data, and an abject lack of objectivity.

I ask for examples, and I'm met with the assumption "WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU'RE A DEMOCRAT" and a wall of text re-statement of opinion. None of that is data, and it's clearly not objective. I say again, it's extremely troubling that asking for proof on something becomes a partisan issue.

I'm not here to argue, just trying to get an insight into how things work in the echo chamber this place has become. Thread after thread of wild gesticulation and opinion with never any evidence to back it up. It's just.. troubling. I was simply looking to have a discussion based on facts and numbers, but as anticipated it quickly devolves into name calling, shouting, and projection.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon
Member
Posts: 31817
From: USA
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone give me some examples of things Biden supporters are proud of?

Serious question, for the record I don't like any of the politicians that have been in office in the last 30 years but there are some I dislike more than others.
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Can someone give me some examples of things Biden supporters are proud of?

Serious question, for the record I don't like any of the politicians that have been in office in the last 30 years but there are some I dislike more than others.



The whole idea of political "supporters" is gross. They're not rock stars. They're not celebrities. They're people elected to do a job. If they successfully accomplish that job, they get voted to another term. If they fail at that job, they get voted out. That's the democratic process, and it's one of the foundations of our nation.
IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 10920
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Can someone give me some examples of things Biden supporters are proud of?

Serious question, for the record I don't like any of the politicians that have been in office in the last 30 years but there are some I dislike more than others.

I like Team Biden's push for Offshore Wind Energy.

I've even chronicled it (to a modest extent) . . .
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/126287.html

Even if it doesn't work as well as its supporters are hoping for, I believe the human energy behind it will find expression in other efforts to decarbonize the national economy.

I like to see Team Humanity giving it a "finish", even if the final score awards victory to an unforgiving "Mother Nature."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:


I'm not yelling at anyone, might want to curb the projection, it serves no purpose. I haven't screamed at anyone - merely asked for data. None has been provided.

Fair enough

But if you really mean what you say, then don't project on me either. I did not say you were yelling, I used your comments against your projections on others. "Kinda seems like" isn't exactly what I call hard evidence. It just kinda seems like an observation? What exactly is "yelling" on a car forum anyways?
 
quote

I'm simply curious what data you all use to come to conclusions, beyond parroting what other people say. I'm not here to say whether anyone's opinion is right or wrong, just asking how you come to the conclusions you do.

I know this is just semantics but you asked for "data" then asked what people use to come to conclusions, as if people do not use opinions to form conclusions? If you ask for "data" on economic confidence, you will never get an answer. Quite literally economic confidence is based on people's opinions. That article has both hard data and opinions and you rejected the notion of commenting, outside calling this forum an echo chamber. You know you can brake the cycle by offering your objective opinions and then back it up with examples of "data".
 
quote

All that's been provided so far is either pasted opinions, restated opinions, or links to unsubstantiated opinions. Those aren't data, facts, or numbers - they're opinions. My initial query was, what data do you use to reach these conclusions.

Within the posted articles are some data, facts and numbers. You can link you contributions as well.

 
quote

Critical thinking is defined as "the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.". That means data-driven analysis and decision making. Data is the core component of that. Objectivity is another core component. So far, when I asked for data to back up the claims, I was provided with no data, and an abject lack of objectivity.

Ok, I do not disagree. But like I have said, you aren't doing any of this yourself.
It is a perfectly respectable position to take, I am willing to say that many people in this "echo chamber" echo your desire for more factual and unbiased data for the betterment of knowledge, understanding and opinion forming purposes.
 
quote

I'm not here to argue people, just trying to get an insight into how things work in the echo chamber this place has become.


And yet with all your posts to this point, you have accused, projected and assumed,....without providing any data, facts or numbers.

I am open to your opinions, for debate and those requested facts, data and numbers do drive the debate in the right direction, but like you we all have an opinion and those will be expressed in ANY debate. So I am realistic enough to acknowledge this fact, are you?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good god, multi quoting on this bulletin board software is cumbersome!

 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
Fair enough

But if you really mean what you say, then don't project on me either. I did not say you were yelling, I used your comments against your projections on others. "Kinda seems like" isn't exactly what I call hard evidence. It just kinda seems like an observation? What exactly is "yelling" on a car forum anyways?


My apologies, the word used was "screaming" instead of yelling.

I... don't see where I was projecting anything, I simply asked questions and was met with a degree of hostility, which is a quick indicator of a lack of objectivity.

 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
I know this is just semantics but you asked for "data" then asked what people use to come to conclusions, as if people do not use opinions to form conclusions? If you ask for "data" on economic confidence, you will never get an answer. Quite literally economic confidence is based on people's opinions. That article has both hard data and opinions and you rejected the notion of commenting, outside calling this forum an echo chamber. You know you can brake the cycle by offering your objective opinions and then back it up with examples of "data".


I don't necessarily have an opinion here. I just reviewed several threads and there's a lot of really broad, significant claims, but it's pretty consistent that there's no data linked. Most of what I see linked is extremely biased opinion blogs. I was wondering if the conclusions being reached are being reached based *purely* on opinion, or if there was any data I'm not seeing that people use to reach these conclusions.

 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
Ok, I do not disagree. But like I have said, you aren't doing any of this yourself.
It is a perfectly respectable position to take, I am willing to say that many people in this "echo chamber" echo your desire for more factual and unbiased data for the betterment of knowledge, understanding and opinion forming purposes.


I haven't really made any statements beyond "a lot of unsubstantiated claims get made here" and that "this place has become an echo chamber". For data, I can link a contextually-relevant definition of "echo chamber", it fits fairly well. Scrolling through the first few pages of O/T can substantiate the claim of "a lot of unsubstantiated claims get made here".

What is an echo chamber in this context? "In discussions of news media, an echo chamber refers to situations in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition inside a closed system and insulated from rebuttal. By participating in an echo chamber, people are able to seek out information that reinforces their existing views without encountering opposing views, potentially resulting in an unintended exercise in confirmation bias. Echo chambers may increase social and political polarization and extremism." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)

Beyond a definition of an echo chamber, I don't know what claim you expect me to substantiate, as I haven't made any. I asked a question, and was either linked to opinion blogs, with unsubstantiated "data", or dismissed as "... a democrat". I'm not a democrat, but that's beside the point - it's an indication that this place does, in fact, match the description of an echo chamber. By asking a question, I am immediately seen as an outsider or challenger, instead of someone trying to gain insight.


 
quote
Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
And yet with all your posts to this point, you have accused, projected and assumed,....without providing any data, facts or numbers.

I am open to your opinions, for debate and those requested facts, data and numbers do drive the debate in the right direction, but like you we all have an opinion and those will be expressed in ANY debate. So I am realistic enough to acknowledge this fact, are you?


Again, I've not made any accusations, no projections, though calling this place an echo chamber could be seen as an assumption, as I had failed at that point to define what an echo chamber was. I have since resolved that by adding a definition above.

I remember a span, years ago, when we could all engage in level headed, pleasant conversations in O/T, with the occasional spicy photo, home brewing setups, etc. I recently, after a long absence, picked up a low mileage Fiero to play with and keep miles off my alfa, and thought I would drop by - and I was *shocked* to see the closed-loop this place has become. Politics make everything gross and unmanageable, but that's all O/T appears to have become. This used to be a great community, but people can't drop the wild political gesticulation long enough to remember why we all came here in the first place. Because we like a weird, mid engined, sometimes pointy plastic car. Some stuff is still the same (randye is still the old man yelling at clouds :P ) but the overall tone of O/T "feels" pretty antagonistic.

I dropped by to see how things were going and... I'm not angry or upset, I'm more just disappointed. I thought our love of the little plastic fantastic was enough to keep people civil, but it really doesn't seem that way anymore.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT
Member
Posts: 10002
From: Central CA
Registered: Dec 2002


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

Good god, multi quoting on this bulletin board software is cumbersome!


Again, I've not made any accusations, no projections, though calling this place an echo chamber could be seen as an assumption, as I had failed at that point to define what an echo chamber was. I have since resolved that by adding a definition above.

I remember a span, years ago, when we could all engage in level headed, pleasant conversations in O/T, with the occasional spicy photo, home brewing setups, etc. I recently, after a long absence, picked up a low mileage Fiero to play with and keep miles off my alfa, and thought I would drop by - and I was *shocked* to see the closed-loop this place has become. Politics make everything gross and unmanageable, but that's all O/T appears to have become. This used to be a great community, but people can't drop the wild political gesticulation long enough to remember why we all came here in the first place. Because we like a weird, mid engined, sometimes pointy plastic car. Some stuff is still the same (randye is still the old man yelling at clouds :P )

I dropped by to see how things were going and... I'm not angry or upset, I'm more just disappointed.


Yes it can be difficult to quote.
I am not afraid of naming names or quoting people, because generalities don't quite get to the point. So if I have been or seem to have been "hostile", I apologize. Like you "feel" you have been scrutinized, I do as well. So, rather than continuing to go this route, I will just comment on the topic. I welcome your contributions, be it opinions or facts. We in the forum do use them.both to come to conclusions. Politics is ugly and I don't understand why it dominates Off Topic? But it does unfortunately.
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I more took umbrage with 82 t/a's dismissal because "you're a democrat". It's just annoying.

It's frustrating that literally everything is becoming a partisan issue. I lament the day when something like wiping vs. a bidet becomes a political issue.
Also if your wife asks you to install a bidet seat, do verify you have a pressure regulator in place first :

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon
Member
Posts: 31817
From: USA
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

The whole idea of political "supporters" is gross. They're not rock stars. They're not celebrities. They're people elected to do a job. If they successfully accomplish that job, they get voted to another term. If they fail at that job, they get voted out. That's the democratic process, and it's one of the foundations of our nation.


Its sad that they don't act like rock stars and love this country with the same amount of enthusiasm.
Trump may be a womanizing ass hole but he was bringing jobs back to the states. It was a step in the right direction.
I saw efforts to bring this country back to where we could be self reliant. Oil was being drilled here and infrastructure was being repaired.

At a whim oil can be cut off, drugs that we don't manufacture here, more and more land is sold to companies outside of the states. What do we do when they put on another nations flag and close the gates?
So simple question, what in the last 8 months has Biden done that you "agree" with
IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 10920
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

You may or may not be interested, but if you scroll backwards a small ways in this thread you can see my response.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon
Member
Posts: 31817
From: USA
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rinselberg:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

You may or may not be interested, but if you scroll backwards a small ways in this thread you can see my response.





I saw it but was updating another thread.
So the count so far is one thing.
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18718
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 186
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

The whole idea of political "supporters" is gross. They're not rock stars. They're not celebrities. They're people elected to do a job. If they successfully accomplish that job, they get voted to another term. If they fail at that job, they get voted out. That's the democratic process, and it's one of the foundations of our nation.



Is this where you tell us that you're "above" politics, more enlightened, and... a free thinker? Where you vote for someone purely for what you perceive as their ability to get the job done and don't look at party?
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 11899
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 209
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

I'm not here to argue



Yes you are.


 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

randye is still the old man yelling at clouds

the overall tone of O/T "feels" pretty antagonistic



Ironic how you whine and complain about how "antagonistic" this place is and yet how freely you stoop to personal insults......

.....even insulting someone without ANY provocation toward you whatsoever.

YOU are no better than what you accuse others of.

By the way you pompous phony, YOU can also be dismissed as "yelling at clouds" as easily as anyone.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
sourmash
Member
Posts: 3143
From:
Registered: Jul 2016


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashClick Here to Email sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop making sense.
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by randye:


Ironic how you whine and complain about how "antagonistic" this place is and yet how freely you stoop to personal insults......

.....even insulting someone who hasn't even engaged you in any discussion or debate.

YOU are no better than what you accuse others of.

By the way you pompous phony, YOU can also be dismissed as "yelling at clouds" as easily as anyone.




Oh come off it Randye, it wasn't an insult, it was tongue in cheek. Stop being so delicate. It was a reference to your propensity for gesticulating wildly and going off on tangents while randomly capitalizing and bolding things - which I recall started shortly before I sold my previous fiero, leading to a long absence before returning. If I wanted to be insulting, then I would say something deliberately insulting. My post was a reference that you were perhaps a bit of a mascot for O/T when I left.

Aaaaaand don't assume what I am or am not here to do. I'll generally state my intentions pretty plainly.
(also - ha! he's still got it, good old randye )

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 11899
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 209
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:


I'll generally state my intentions pretty plainly.




Which is why it's manifestly obvious that you're here to argue and insult people while attempting to pretend that you're somehow "above the vulgar fray".

In the time that you have been absent young Mr. "Fiero S TETZ****" we have seen a lot of pompous young pretenders just like you come and go.

You arrived on this forum at the "ripe old age" of 17 and in the intervening years, other than becoming marginally more glib, you don't seem to have developed much beyond that, so drop the bullshit pretense.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by randye:


Which is why it's manifestly obvious that you're here to simply argue and insult people while attempting to pretend that you're somehow "above the vulgar fray".

In the time that you have been absent young Mr. "Fiero S TETZ****" we have seen a lot of pompous young pretenders just like you come and go.

You arrived on this forum at the "ripe old age" of 17 and in the intervening years, other than becoming marginally more glib, you don't seem to have developed much beyond that, so drop the bullshit pretense.



I don't care about the fray, it holds no interest for me. You're in here, again, gesticulating wildly and throwing around assumptions and insults. It's exactly as I remembered!

Now you've learned to threaten to dox people because you learned how google works - thats new it does violate the forum rules, so be careful

I just thought it was funny when I came back and the first thread I saw was you and someone else getting pretty heated over whether Alexander the great was gay or not I think. It stuck with me because it was amusing.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 10920
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post


Because nothing says "I'm a hyperventilating buffoon with a hopelessly outsized opinion of myself" like the royal we.

FieroSTETZ probably feels an urgent need to shower, after being breathed upon by the likes of that.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rinselberg:



Nothing says "I'm a hyperventilating buffoon with a hopelessly outsized opinion of myself" like the royal we.

FieroSTETZ probably feels an urgent need to shower, after being breathed upon by the likes of that.



:sigh: again with the assuming and projecting
IP: Logged
williegoat
Member
Posts: 15166
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by williegoat:



Ha is that the queen playing wii I'm saving that.
- sidebar, I'm trying to find an old thread and not finding it in search - it was about a member refinishing an old aluminum airstream, does anyone remember that?
It was specifically about refinishing the aluminum I think.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
williegoat
Member
Posts: 15166
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

Ha is that the queen playing wii I'm saving that.


It is the Royal Wii.
IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by williegoat:

It is the Royal Wii.


IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 11899
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 209
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

Now you've learned to threaten to dox people because you learned how google works - thats new it does violate the forum rules, so be careful




"dox people" ...derp...derp..."learned how google works""..derp...derp...

If I had publically disclosed personal information about you (that you didn't already disclose yourself), then you would have a valid "forum rules complaint"......

....but I didn't.... so you don't.

Additionally, it cannot reasonably be called "dox" or "doxing" if you use the same dumb nickname EVERYWHERE....FOR YEARS.... and you leave a huge web trail that a blind man could easily follow.

You are about the same age as my children and they have successfully learned about the importance of personal privacy on the internet and how to maintain it, a simple skill that you quite obviously lack.

 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

gesticulating wildly



By the way it's also obvious that you don't understand the meaning of the word "gesticulate" and you are looking (even more) stupid trying to use it attempting to insult me, however since you are clearly enamored with that term here is a gesticulation just for you:



I've already given you a lot more attention in this thread than you merit and I wouldn't have given you any attention except that you chose to insult me without provocation or cause.

What is most notable is how you have contributed nothing substantive to the discussion topic but instead chose from the outset to focus on other forum members.

 
quote
Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

It speaks volumes.



Yes it does.

You should pull up your pants now, your little agenda is hanging out.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
FieroSTETZ
Member
Posts: 1741
From: Orange County, CA
Registered: Aug 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroSTETZSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before anything else - Mr. Rogers randye? Is nothing sacred? I know he did it during the thumbkin song but... it's Mr. Rogers :|

--

It's disingenuous to claim you weren't making a thinly veiled threat to disclose personal information. Whether you did a google search or hired a PI, disclosing a person's information in a public forum with malicious intent is doxing. That's the definition in merriam webster, and that's what it looked like you were implying.

--

I say "wildly gesticulating" with frequency because I find it funny to picture it as follows:



With that context, picturing you doing that every time you make a grumpy post is incredibly funny. The bold pink text re: Alexander the great - WITH the flailing arms? The first thread I opened on my return (the Alexander the great one, unfortunately not the Julie Newmar one) had you doing the exact same thing I remembered and I found it *funny*, so I referenced it. I went back and re-read it, and I still don't think it was insulting. I reiterate that it was said tongue in cheek, but if you insist on being offended by it I cannot stop you - it's your choice. I think if I was trying to be deliberately insulting, I probably would've been a lot more obvious or aggressive about it.

The only "agenda" I had was, as stated, to explore the data that led to some of the claims made in the original post.

[This message has been edited by FieroSTETZ (edited 08-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock