Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Something About RockAuto You May Not Already Know! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Something About RockAuto You May Not Already Know! by JessaRockAuto
Started on: 11-12-2012 01:44 PM
Replies: 86 (9927 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 08-04-2013 03:00 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Apparently making a call out to request ratings doesn't just apply to just doing it for yourself.

It wasn't without reservation that I posted the request for people to read the thread and rate accordingly.

I enjoy discussion, that's what a forum is all about. With discussion can sometimes come dispute and/or disagreement. That's normal, that can even be healthy.

But when someone appears to have an agenda to discredit a fellow forum member (for reasons known only to themselves), then it starts to get ugly.

Even when I posted a link to Furgal's own company's website which backed up what I've been stating about their refusal to allow my order (placed from outside of the US), Furgal still insisted I was lying and making up it all up. Why he believes I would bother doing this, I have no idea.

Where Furgal went completely over the line however, was when he openly accused me of criminal activity. He implied (more than once in this thread ) that I was smuggling goods across the border. With nothing to base this accusation on, he stated that I "openly cheat on dutys(sic) and taxes". I've made it abundantly clear that this is absolutely not the case.

The problem with the internet is that there is no accountability. People can post whatever they wish, no matter how false, no matter how damaging, no matter how hurtful.

Thankfully we have the ability here at PFF to at least limit how much of this we're willing to tolerate from other members.

The rating system is a valuable tool when used with discretion. That's all I was asking for.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-18-2012).]

IP: Logged
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"don't wrestle with pigs. you only get dirty, and the pig enjoys it." - some wag on the net:
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what

------------------

frack you thats why

lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
back off, jake. I killed this thread and it's mine! go kill your own thread, dammit!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

I killed this thread and it's mine!

Nah, nobody "killed" the thread. It simply ran it's course and you very accurately summed it up.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-12-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JessaRockAuto:

RockAuto does not inflate shipping charges and we do not consider shipping to be a profit center. We calculate shipping charges using "live" FedEx, US Postal Service, UPS, DHL, and truck freight rates.

Another example of why this is just plain BS - In an earlier order I placed a couple days ago from RockAuto, I forgot to include a $5.52 flywheel shim.

Instead of having it shipped to my friend's place across the border in Washington State for $2.96 via USPS, I thought I would see how much it would cost to have it shipped 60 more miles to where I live here in Vancouver BC.

I noticed that using USPS was not listed as an option for shipping to Canada. It would have to be shipped via a private carrier such as FedEx. Why, I don't know. The shipping charge... $25.48

That is freakin' nuts.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Instead of having it shipped to my friend's place across the border in Washington State for $2.96 via USPS...

Well, because I was not prepared to spend $25.48 to have this shim shipped via FedEx to Canada, I had it mailed via USPS to my friend's place in WA.

I ordered it late Wednesday evening, it was mailed on Thursday afternoon, and it was delivered (from Texas) to Bellingham WA on Saturday morning.

I was quite pleased with the quickness of the delivery. RockAuto's prices on parts are great, and their shipping fees within the US are fine, but...

I have no freakin' idea why they can't offer USPS shipping to Canada.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock