Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Something About RockAuto You May Not Already Know! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Something About RockAuto You May Not Already Know! by JessaRockAuto
Started on: 11-12-2012 01:44 PM
Replies: 86 (9927 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 08-04-2013 03:00 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe RockAuto should check out How to advertise on PFF ? I personally would never buy anything from a spammer.
IP: Logged
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Maybe RockAuto should check out How to advertise on PFF ? I personally would never buy anything from a spammer.

Your loss... at least they aren't advertising useless power chips and electric superchargers.

Edit: Link above says nothing about vendors not being able to represent themselves on the forum. Jessa has been around for a while now...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-14-2012).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Somebody said that Amazon could ship for cheap so why couldn't Rock Auto... my point was that Rock Auto probably doesn't do enough across the border work to negotiate with FedEx/UPS for discounted international shipping, etc... no offense intended. I think Fierosound hit the nail on the head.

That was me. I think my message was taken incorrectly. For shipping in the US, why not create a club with discounted/free shipping (prime shipping). For Canada, they need to open a distribution center(s) there. I wasn't thinking of a cross border solution to shipping, as that is too difficult with customs and such.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 11-14-2012).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spammer...really. with 42 posts since 2008. and what is the problem with joining to advertise your business. There are alot of people here selling items (some in volume) that don't pay to advertise, although they would probably increase their sales if they did, since it seems there are people here who don't know who they are. With as scarce as parts are getting for these cars, i would think people would be happy to find a source. I bought 4 rebuilt calipers for an 88 fiero that cost less than 2 calipers form everywhere else. I didn't like the way two of them looked so i bought two more. I am sure they would have exchanged them but it was still cheaper to just ordered two more and it was still cheaper than buying 4 rebuilts from someone else. since i bought them, Rockauto emailed me a discount code to share with others...what other companies do that?
I shipped a Tee Shirt to a friend in Canada (just across the border near Watertown, NY) it cost me about $12.00 or $15.00 through the post office and i had to declare it as a gift or they would have charged more. the envelope bag weighed more that the shirt. Someone is making a profit on shipping but i don't think it is all Rockauto.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

I didn't know that you could join this website just to plug your company. Cool, I make illegal moonshine and will sell it for $5.00 per mason jar.....and I ship to Canada. Act now and I'll throw in a 4 foot cannibis plant with each order.

No interest in the cannibis, but how do I order the moonshine? do you take paypal ?

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

That was me. I think my message was taken incorrectly. For shipping in the US, why not create a club with discounted/free shipping (prime shipping). For Canada, they need to open a distribution center(s) there. I wasn't thinking of a cross border solution to shipping, as that is too difficult with customs and such.

Got it! Sorry for the confusion!
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Yea!!! make that two...lol

No interest in the cannibis, but how do I order the moonshine? do you take paypal ?

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this is funny..
as I sold the dash plates, I gave to cliffs beer fund, and when the last few sell he'll get more..

now as seen as your so bent about rock posting here..
why not the outrage about all the shops that post build threads.. that you could also say are shameless plugs for their shops??
hows that any different.. as I'll bet more moneys changed hands to those shops from business they got from build threads on here than any amount of sales rockauto might have got..
sometimes you have to let somethings go, for the greater good of the whole..

the comical part is the 2 buck seal.. and having an issue with the shipping cost.. when you can get seals at any parts store.. who'd order 2 bucks in parts after see'n 25 buck shipping.. when the local autoparts store can get it and is only a phonecall away.. and you already have the part #. that even if your local parts store doesn't carry that brand they can cross the part# to theirs..
I'd not be blaming r/auto for getting charged that amount.. I'd not have ordered..
when I shop parts I do napa and advanced and rock.. sometimes the shipping kills buy'n from rock.. my last order the shipping was about what the tax on the parts would've been to buy it here.. and even with my advance discount the parts where cheaper from rock.. not always the case.. but this time moog was less even with the shipping..
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

this is funny..
as I sold the dash plates, I gave to cliffs beer fund, and when the last few sell he'll get more..

now as seen as your so bent about rock posting here..
why not the outrage about all the shops that post build threads.. that you could also say are shameless plugs for their shops??
hows that any different.. as I'll bet more moneys changed hands to those shops from business they got from build threads on here than any amount of sales rockauto might have got..
sometimes you have to let somethings go, for the greater good of the whole..

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone, and I am certainly not outraged. I think most of the vendors/shops that post on PFF seem to contribute to the forum. For example, Rodney posts about new parts he has coming out and also answers questions both about his parts and Fieros in general. Whodeanies threads provide hours of entertainment . Yeah, I have only been around here for a year and have not contributed much in the grand scheme of things. Looks like JessaRockAuto has been around for 3 or 4 years but looking at the old posts, seems like every post made has just been a plug for RockAuto. It seems it would be nice if RockAuto is so into Fieros that they contribute to either the discussion or monetarily to Cliff for hosting this forum.

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The difference with shops posting build threads is that they are directly Fiero related. Also vender members who produce and sell products here are directly Fiero related.

I've got no problem with Jess jumping on here and letting us know about specials and whatnot but she's strictly selling and therefore her posts should be in the Mall if she's telling us about Fiero parts and services. She should post in The Other Mall if they have a sale on creepers and ratchets, etc.

I've bought from Rock Auto myself. I got my 4 Konis there so I don't have any beef with them. I'm not a member of the forum police. I'm just stating my own thoughts and observations.

Jonathan
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

The difference with shops posting build threads is that they are directly Fiero related. Also vender members who produce and sell products here are directly Fiero related.

I've got no problem with Jess jumping on here and letting us know about specials and whatnot but she's strictly selling and therefore her posts should be in the Mall if she's telling us about Fiero parts and services. She should post in The Other Mall if they have a sale on creepers and ratchets, etc.

I've bought from Rock Auto myself. I got my 4 Konis there so I don't have any beef with them. I'm not a member of the forum police. I'm just stating my own thoughts and observations.

Jonathan

Good call... it should be in a mall section.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my question to you would be why you not getting the seal from a local parts store.. any parts store that carries national seals would be able to get it..
clearly even with the shipping rockauto was cheaper than local venders.. even with bad parts counter help. you can go in with a part# and say please order these..
why did you order seals online instead of from a local part store..?

the comical part is the 2 buck seal.. and having an issue with the shipping cost.. when you can get seals at any parts store.. who'd order 2 bucks in parts after see'n 25 buck shipping.. when the local autoparts store can get it and is only a phonecall away.. and you already have the part #. that even if your local parts store doesn't carry that brand they can cross the part# to theirs..
I'd not be blaming r/auto for getting charged that amount.. I'd not have ordered..

I think I better clear up a misunderstanding before you post about this a third time.

I did not order one seal and have it shipped across the border to me in Vancouver. Perhaps you missed my first post in this thread (which I've copied and included at the bottom of this post). Make note of the last five words.

I ordered four grease seals from RockAuto as well as other brake and caliper hardware. The price for these items was a fraction of what it would've cost me locally. (ie four seals from Lordco with tax... $33 and that's with the local Fiero club's supposed "discount"!) I was in no particular hurry for the parts, so paying a premium to pick them up locally was not required. I had the order shipped to my friend's place in Blaine Washington.

It was while I was making up this order and exploring different shipping options that I discovered the ridiculous price that would've been charged to ship a tiny grease seal across the border. This is the example I gave to Jessa when she asked for one.

Originally posted by Patrick:

I wish that RockAuto wouldn't charge such outrageous prices for shipping to Canada. It appears that RockAuto jacks up the shipping fees to Canada (much more than necessary) to simply discourage Canadians from ordering. Fortunately I have a friend's US address just across the border in Washington State that I can use, but it's a nuisance to then have to go on a three hour round trip to pick up the order. It would be so much simpler to have my RockAuto order shipped to me directly, but I refuse to be gouged.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-14-2012).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when I shipped the plates, I listed them as gifts as , shipping as a bought item upped the cost big time.. thats with usps.. the local post office..
again your barking up the wrong tree..
look at the boarder customs and the rules..

if the seal was not a real order what was the cost for the realone to ship to you.. AND did your bud in washington state ship to you as a GIFT.. so you could skate by the custom cost??
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

again your barking up the wrong tree..

Excuse me, but I'm not "barking" up any tree. I'm presenting facts for discussion.

look at the boarder customs and the rules..

I'm curious... when's the last time you crossed the border with bought merchandise? Despite what the "rules" are, Customs usually just wave you though if the total purchase price is less than a couple hundred dollars. It's not worth their time to collect a few bucks.

AND did your bud in washington state ship to you as a GIFT

He usually brings them up to Vancouver for me (or I go down to pick them up). No further shipping is required.

.. so you could skate by the custom cost??

I don't appreciate the accusation. Furthermore, the costs I've been discussing up to this point have been shipping charges, not extra fees or taxes possibly collected by Customs (and not brokerage fees charged by private carriers).

if the seal was not a real order what was the cost for the realone to ship to you...

How is that relevant here? This discussion is about the potentially exorbitant amount charged by RockAuto to ship orders across the border to Canada... not what an order of mine cost to ship to Blaine Washington.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see it as spam, and appreciate Jessa for popping in here.

Also, another thread that people have been updating the discount code...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088034.html

and Patrick, your right... 5% IS better than a kick in the butt

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 11-15-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

The paperwork doesn't do itself. Sure a person gets more efficent at it, but if I have 2 additional forms to fill out plus 5ish pages of export paperwork to generate, that all takes more time than one shipping label and a packing list. An extra few minutes doesn't cover it, more like 20 minutes to a hour depending on how many items and the total value, but again I wasn't shipping a $2 item. The shipments I sent where anywhere from a few hundred to a couple hundred thousand in value. I know it's not exactly the same, but different forms and different paperwork was needed for export shipping and I doubt that changes much as far as value goes once you exceed the threshold amount that requires that paperwork. I agree with you that a $2 item shouldn't cost $25 to ship to you when it could easily fit in a padded envelope. I however am not aware of what kind of records a buisness is supposed to keep on such a low cost item that is exported having not delt with something of such low value in that situation. I just know there's more to the "paperwork" then just a shipping label.

I'm sorry, but I honestly believe you're comparing apples to oranges. The paperwork required for an order of car parts worth $100 or so cannot be compared to whatever paperwork is required for something worth "a couple hundred thousand in value".

When I get a item shipped to me from the States, it's the green part of Form 2976 which is stuck to the package. (Rules regarding what forms are to be used can be found Here.)

Seriously, I don't think it would take more than a couple minutes to fill this out.

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if the seal was not a real order what was the cost for the realone to ship to you.. AND did your bud in washington state ship to you as a GIFT.. so you could skate by the custom cost??

Oh, just let it go! No one cares but you.
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Rockauto and I think Jessa is HOT! least in my head

I have a nice collection of the magnets they send with order! (I will take whoever does not want theirs....)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I have a nice collection of the magnets they send with order! (I will take whoever does not want theirs....)

I have four of them so far, but to get one of mine it would cost you at least $25 for shipping.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is that relevant here? This discussion is about the potentially exorbitant amount charged by RockAuto to ship orders across the border to Canada... not what an order of mine cost to ship to Blaine Washington.

(it didn't pull the correct qoute)
about whats the cost in fuel round trip when you go to your buddies or he to you? more than the 25.oo shipping quote you used as an exp.. drive fuel cost(round trip) + the shiping cost to your buddy =?

look I don't care.. one way or another.. I'm willing to help anyone that needs parts... from advanced...
but you seem to have problems with every parts house...
rock with shipping charges, advance doesn't take your paypal.. because of your bank..... asked paypal if your bank info is even givin to the vendor they'll be paying.. and it's not..
so advanced would only know you payed with paypal.. (thats straight from paypal)

inlighten me on why you are having that problem.. because I p.m.'ed a buddy on the monteSS board that I helped with parts# and he ordered from us and used paypal and is 50 minutes from canada's east coast northern boarder.. way up.
so unless you try'd to order from advanced using your c/c and not paypal.. (per paypal ) the vendor never knows what bank the money came from.. the vendor (in this case) advance gets payed from paypal not your c/c bank..

explain , cause it's not making sense..

I can tell you that the plates I sold to a few in canada , and filled out the papers as a seller.. the shipping was 9.63 more than the set I sent to fierosound as a gift ,as thanks for letting me use his template..
and thats was a shipment with not much value(claimed)to it..

now roll in the box,the padding, the tape, the labor to box it up and ship it.. rock said they don't use their shipping as a profit center, but they still factor those "cost" into the shipping cost..

after the limited amount of shiping I've done personally to canada and newfoundland/poland/downunder/england and working shipping/receiving for 9 years.. I can say ,, in my opinion you're placing the blame on the high shipping cost in the wrong place..
if you are going to compair amazon that does millions in dollars in over the boarder sales and it's discount to a small vendor.. and think they get the same rates.. your mistaken.. summit/jegs gets rates from ups that are so silly low because of the volume of business.. when I was shipping for topaz engineering.. we got a nice discount from ups.. over what someone off the street shipping a package would get... a box of 36"x500' rolls(2 rolls) paper from east coast to west was 13.77 it be at least 60+ if I walked into ups and asked for the same..
good luck with your parts needs...

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 11-14-2012).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you the few cupholders I have sent to Canada the shipping with UPS was outrageous.
I always go with USPS and it`s usually much cheaper.
Some things I have ordered from vendors, when the shipping comes up it has defaulted to UPS for a very small part and it`s like 15.00
I call them and ask for it to be shipped in a USPS flat rate small box and it`s only 5.00

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 11-14-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

about whats the cost in fuel round trip when you go to your buddies or he to you?

You want to see gas receipts or what?

Look, if it's any business of yours... the address in the States that I use is my friend's "weekend" retreat. He actually lives near Vancouver. He comes and goes to his place in Blaine Washington every couple of weeks. Is that okay with you?

look I don't care.. one way or another.. I'm willing to help anyone that needs parts... from advanced...
but you seem to have problems with every parts house...
rock with shipping charges, advance doesn't take your paypal.. because of your bank..... asked paypal if your bank info is even givin to the vendor they'll be paying.. and it's not..
so advanced would only know you payed with paypal.. (thats straight from paypal)

inlighten me on why you are having that problem.. because I p.m.'ed a buddy on the monteSS board that I helped with parts# and he ordered from us and used paypal and is 50 minutes from canada's east coast northern boarder.. way up.
so unless you try'd to order from advanced using your c/c and not paypal.. (per paypal ) the vendor never knows what bank the money came from.. the vendor (in this case) advance gets payed from paypal not your c/c bank..

explain , cause it's not making sense..

Now it's beginning to get clearer why you almost got turfed off this forum (while posting in O/T) shortly after you joined PFF.

You're calling me a freakin' liar now, eh?

Look Furgal, after I went through the process to select what I wanted to buy from Advance Auto, I then clicked on "Checkout" to pay. At some point in the process after I logged in to PayPal, a message then came up stating that my PayPal account (and/ or my credit card registered with PayPal) was affiliated with a non-US bank and therefore I was SOL.

I don't take very kindly to my integrity being challenged. So kindly bugger off now please. Thanks.
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no complaint about their shippig costs to Canada. For using a courier (vs USPS), their shipping prices are bang on. And since they make you pay the canadian taxes, you don't get screwed over by UPS/FEDEX with an additional $20+ in fees for having them do it.

I've been ebay and buying stuff online for years and can say for courier service, it doesn't get any cheaper. Granted, it means $30+ no matter how little the pacage weighs, but that's to be expected. Just don't try buying brake rotors or other unecessarily heavy things you can end up getting locally for less, and make sure you're getting all the items from the same shipping location and you won't end up paying $100 in shipping.

I just got a radiator and a cv shaft for about $50 in shipping, about $200 total cost to my door. I couldn't even get the radiator for that price locally, and I get a large discount at the local parts store. Saved myself at least $150.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

For using a courier (vs USPS), their shipping prices are bang on.

I'm not sure who you mean by "courier"? Are you referring to a private carrier such as FedEx or UPS?

What I really like about USPS being used (when having something shipped across the border), is that their brokerage fees are minimal compared to UPS and FedEx... AND... below a certain declared value ($20?), taxes aren't even collected.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now it's beginning to get clearer why you almost got turfed off this forum (while posting in O/T) shortly after you joined PFF.

You're calling me a freakin' liar now, eh?

Look Furgal, after I went through the process to select what I wanted to buy from Advance Auto, I then clicked on "Checkout" to pay. At some point in the process after I logged in to PayPal, a message then came up stating that my PayPal account (and/ or my credit card registered with PayPal) was affiliated with a non-US bank and therefore I was SOL.

I don't take very kindly to my integrity being challenged. So kindly bugger off now please. Thanks.

not challenging your "integrity"
but paypal doesn't give out you banks info..(one reason paypal gets used ,so you don't give out your c/c info to verybody and anybody)
but somehow you are say'n paypal told advance your bank info....
look I'm not the one with the shipping issue... I offered to help if needed.. and in doing so.. found paypal doesn't give out the info you are claiming is the reason advance wouldn't take your money..

I asked what the fuel cost round trip to your buddies... because you have to add that to the parts shipping cost.. no matter if you where going there anyways or not.. and then those parts cross as yours not a vendersale..
I understand why you do it.. same reason people in the states order online instead of local. they get to skip some fee's in the people in the states case it's state sales tax..
I'm got questioning your interity.... could not be bothered... funny you are questioning mine..
again .. couldn't care less.. but because I was having a "huu" moment. about the "advanced won't shipped to me because of my bank" and that seemed like a problem and a would cause a big loss in sales.. I looked into it..(at work at advanced,and called our corp offices, )
only one credit card bank they don't like and it happens to be an american based bank.. but they still take it.. and paypal doesn't give out your c/c info...
please please , show where paypals giving out your c/c info.. cause I think you'd have a nice suit as thats one of the selling points of you use'n paypal..

keep digging.. your not quite to china yet

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 11-14-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not challenging your "integrity"

keep digging.. your not quite to china yet

You appear to be contradicting yourself, not that it would bother you.

I told you exactly what happened. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes in regards to Advance Auto or PayPal or my credit card company/bank when it comes time to pay for an order, but I'm telling you (whether you care to believe me or not), Advance Auto would not allow me to make my purchase.

Would you like the emails between Advance Auto's Ecommerce Webcare Team and myself (where I was complaining about this) forwarded to you for your perusal?

All you anyone really needs to know is the following...

Originally emailed by Victor from Advance Auto:

Please note that we do not accept credit cards/Paypal that are issued by a non-U.S. bank or with a non-U.S. billing address.

Furgal, you may think you know how it's all "supposed" to work, but you are misinformed.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-15-2012).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paypal DOES NOT GIVE OUT YOUR C/C INFO NOR YOUR BANK INFO.. so advance has no way of knowing what bank was connected to your paypal account..
I'm done.. my boots are not high enough..
and it's getting mighy deep..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 11-15-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

paypal DOES NOT GIVE OUT YOUR C/C INFO NOR YOUR BANK INFO.. so advance has no way of knowing what bank was connected to your paypal account..
I'm done.. my boots are not high enough..
and it's getting mighy deep..

Uh huh, I'm making all this up.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/buying-online
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
guess you should call a lawyer.. for false advertising <snicker>
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

guess you should call a lawyer.. for false advertising <snicker>

From the link: "Sellers and merchants never see your sensitive financial details. "

PayPal works hard to make sure that sellers are also protected as well. I wouldn't doubt that if the billing address and the shipping address were in two different countries, PayPal might let the seller know, to help them avoid fraud. I wouldn't consider that "sensitive financial details."

Why don't you change your attitude a little bit? You always come off so rude in all your posts.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

From the link: "Sellers and merchants never see your sensitive financial details. "

PayPal works hard to make sure that sellers are also protected as well. I wouldn't doubt that if the billing address and the shipping address were in two different countries, PayPal might let the seller know, to help them avoid fraud. I wouldn't consider that "sensitive financial details."

Why don't you change your attitude a little bit? You always come off so rude in all your posts.

hum.. if he's shipping parts to himself in canada the billing and shipping addy would be in the same country..
I order parts all the time that my billing address if mine and the parts are getting shipped to my mother inlaws house so they are there when I get there.. so I can fix the vehicle for the family member..
and never an issue.. no matter how far the billing and shipping are..
if that was the case it hold up every item bought online and shipped elsewhere as a gift and ..
cause if your using paypal.. and shipping to your address when you fill out say the adavanced invoice omline.. the billing and shipping address is the same...
ONLINE TIME SOME VENDERS ASK WHAT BANK YOU CARD ID DRAWN ON>> IS IF YOU ARE PAYING WITH THAT CARD NOT PAYPAL>>>
if you use your c/c as payment they may ask for "issueing bank" that doesn't happen WHEN YOU USE PAYPAL>>>
MY post are not RUDE.. patrick.. is full of dodo.. I work at the vender in question...
and we deal with paypal daily... if he use his paypal account as payment advances doesn't ASK what the issue bank is.. as they don't CARE.. as they are getting payed from (wait for it,wait for it) PAYPAL not the issuing bank he has on file with paypal..
I'f I was patrick.. I'd stick to what he does now.. buy from local souces or.. buy and ship to his buddy in the states, that would never raise any red flag.. and the billing address when use'n paypal should be filled out as the same as the shipping address.. as the whole reason for use'n paypal is to not give out your c/c (banks) info.... so you WOULDn'T put your c/c billing address on the invoice.. or why bother use'n payapl...
He knows the reason for shipping to his buddy.. not my place to say if it's right or wrong.. only that they have laws on just that.. and the boarder patrol will ask a question and well. roll the dice..
Patrick wants venders (rockauto) to eat the boarder crossing cost.. or send an employee out to the post office so he can save a few bucks.. not gonna happen..
only red flag advance might have is why someone in canada would be ordering stock from them instead of a local autoparts outlet. but I doubt that even raise any flag on an online order. THAT the only reg flag..{ AND THAT A BIG IF} as the payment info.. be it c/c # the billing address, issue'n bank isn't given when you use paypal..
I can see a red flag coming up if you used paypal and gave the bank info.. as no one use'n paypal normally would make THAT MISTAKE.. tho.. i.d. theives make those type boo boo's all the time..
he ordered (or try'd) from advanced with his c/c not paypal.. as we'd never now his issue'n bank or billing address.. as the vendor only cares about getting payed for the shippment.. if your paypal got hacked.. thats bewteen you and paypal.. not the vender that shipped.. they still get payed..
my advice to patrick is if he ever orders through adavanced.. to use paypal and use the shipping adress and billing address if they ask(online form requires it be filled out) for it.. if you use paypal and then give your banks info.. thats your own fault. and why the heck are you even bothering use'n paypal in the firstplace

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have four of them so far, but to get one of mine it would cost you at least $25 for shipping.

$25 for shipping!!! are you CRAZY!?!?! That is outragous!! Note to all PFFer's I think Patrick jacks up the shipping fees to USA (much more than necessary) to simply discourage Americans from ordering from him!!!

Take THAT!!

Think you could put them in aa bottle and throw in the ocean?? send to Gulf of Mexico c/o Revin please. I am sure I will get it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

patrick.. is full of dodo..

I won't even bother to deal with the rest of that worthless tripe you posted.

Click on this - Advance Auto Support Center

Purchases made outside of the United States
Published 10/25/2011 12:07 PM | Updated 12/23/2011 12:17 PM

Can I purchase parts and tools with a Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal account that is located outside of the United States?

Unfortunately at this time we do not accept Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal accounts issued outside of the United States as payment options.

Please watch our website for more information on new international payment options as they become available.

I really hope PFF members make note of how E.Furgal continues to post absolute BS (even when corrected several times) in order to try and assassinate a fellow PFF member's character and integrity (for reasons known only to himself). Please rate him accordingly (and help to clean up our forum).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-15-2012).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've put orders through to newfoundland and canada from the store and payment was paypal..
we do it all the time... and I can asure you nothing leaves the store if we didn't get payed..
so...
funny we have no problem, never have... and his next order I'll make sure I make a copy of the invoice and scan it..(after removing his full address and account)
when I'm there tomorrow.. I'll see if I can find an old invoice of either the newfoundland or canada orders..
cause I know we don't have the issue's you seem to have..

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

I really hope PFF members make note of how E.Furgal continues to post absolute BS (even when corrected several times) in order to try and assassinate a fellow PFF member's character and integrity (for reasons known only to himself). Please rate him accordingly (and help to clean up our forum).

really.. you openly say you cheat on dutys and taxes and you post to rate me.. oh brother.. hope they catch you the next time you cross... it serve you right.
have a great day..

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

really.. you openly say you cheat on dutys and taxes and you post to rate me.. oh brother.. hope they catch you the next time you cross... it serve you right.

You piece of crap. I never said any such thing.

You continue to accuse me of lying and now cheating, with nothing to base this on.

I don't know what your problem is, but I hope other PFF members are at least becoming aware of what a scumbag you appear to be!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You piece of crap. I never said any such thing.

You continue to accuse me of lying and now cheating, with nothing to base this on.

I don't know what your problem is, but I hope other PFF members are at least becoming aware of what a scumbag you appear to be!

curious... when's the last time you crossed the border with bought merchandise? Despite what the "rules" are, Customs usually just wave you though if the total purchase price is less than a couple hundred dollars. It's not worth their time to collect a few bucks.
your words not mine(quoted from your post 11-14-2012 03:27 PM )

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

curious... when's the last time you crossed the border with bought merchandise? Despite what the "rules" are, Customs usually just wave you though if the total purchase price is less than a couple hundred dollars. It's not worth their time to collect a few bucks.
your words not mine(quoted from your post 11-14-2012 03:27 PM )

Are you freakin' serious?

Canadian customs asks me if I bought anything... I tell them "Yes", and state the dollar amount... and they say "Fine, have a good day"... and from that you deduce that I "openly cheat on dutys(sic) and taxes"???

You've obviously got some sort of personality disorder. Please just bugger off like I asked you to do 17 posts ago.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-16-2012).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something About The Rules You May Not Already Know!

Welcome to the trash can. Apparently making a call out to request ratings doesn't just apply to just doing it for yourself.

No "Rate me" threads.
I don't mind the occasional "if you think I gave you good advice, please give me a positive rating". But threads which have the sole purpose of raking ratings are a no-no. Such threads will be closed immediately. If you are wondering why someone has been banned (or someone else hasn't), send me either an email or a PM. Do not start a thread about it!

Readers can make up their own minds...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-16-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay