Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  How much would you SELL this '87 Fiero GT (5-sp) for? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How much would you SELL this '87 Fiero GT (5-sp) for? by GS Jon
Started on: 05-22-2010 06:31 PM
Replies: 80 (2135 views)
Last post by: GS Jon on 06-02-2010 04:14 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by GS Jon:

I'm starting to prepare myself for the inevitable sale of my '87 Fiero GT (5-sp) project. While I would love to keep it, it's more important that I have liquidity in my savings account as I'm soon going to be out of the military and no longer receiving a paycheck. In case I'm unemployed for a long period of time, I'm selling what isn't needed. It's the only reasonable thing to do, not to mention demanded by the wife. So, here's a few pics of the Fiero to whet your appetite, followed by a long list of what's been done and what's wrong with it.

Stats:
1987 Fiero GT, 5-speed, 162,498 miles

Highlights:
-Brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's on refinished GT crosslace wheels (less than 50 miles on the set)
-11.25" brake upgrade with matched Blazer brake master cylinder using all-new components, flushed brake system with new fluid
-Restored suspension with new KYB shocks/struts/mounts, Rodney Dickman aluminum cradle bushings, braided SS brake hoses, poly bushings, balljoints, tie rods, CV axles, bearings and hubs (no expense spared here!)
-New fuel pump, FPR, MAP, TPS, VSS, ignition coil, temp sensor, temp switch, back-up switch and O2 sensor
-Upgraded shift system with new Rodney Dickman parts: shift and select cables, shifter rebuild kit and a Comp short shifter/leather short shifter boot, even have Synchromesh fluid in the Getrag
-Just installed nice GT tails with no delamination and Kahines tinted quarter windows
-InfiniteWill GT trunk seal

Waiting on install (on hand):
-DIYstu dew wipe full set w/extra felt
-Rodney Dickman window helpers, two sets
-New lock set, power lock solenoid
-AC accumulator, oriface tube and accessory belt (will include several cans of R-134a and oil)
-Good OEM interior carpet
-Poly swaybar endlinks and Moog bracket bushings

The 3800 swap parts that come with it:
-L36 shortblock, needs some machine work (cylinder honing, hot tanking, etc)
-L67 parts including 3rd Gen M90 supercharger, L67 LIM, L67 heads, L67 throttle body, L32 aluminum oil pan, pistons and rods, some accessory belt tensioners/standoffs, balancer
-L36 wiring harness and PCM from '98 F-Body
-Spare bits and pieces like MAF, LIM/UIM from F-Body L36, fuel rails, flexplate (for flywheel balancing), etc

The bad (full disclosure, not hiding a thing if I know about it):
-AC inop (parts on-hand)
-Needs stereo installed, old headunit on hand but unknown if it's functioning, or status of speakers
-Windshield cracked but passes safety inspection (not in driver's normal view), also needs windshield surround trim
-Sunroof leaks (car washes are recommended if you need a bath, LOL)
-No headliner backing board
-Seats in poor condition, but rebuildable with Mr. Mikes covers and padding
-Rust-through in corner of trunk, should be patchable
-No trunk carpet
-Inop cruise control (components in place, but unknown status)
-Needs passenger's side interior door panel installed (parts on-hand)
-Needs interior trim/sunvisors installed (parts on-hand)
-Needs passenger side door lock/solenoid installed (parts on-hand)
-Power window switches are iffy, need replacement
-Washer fluid nozzle, one line must have fallen off (will probably have this fixed before car is sold)
-Engine was replaced by PO, donor engine was from auto-equipped Fiero, some spare wires in the engine bay I haven't ID'd yet

So, there it is. If you were selling this car, what would you ask for it with everything included? I don't want to know what you would pay for it, for very specific reasons. I'll get more pics up later, right now I have to get my wife's car's brakes done. Thanks in advance!

quoted for posterity, or is that posterior...
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you thinking I'm going to not be forthcoming about the future sale of my Fiero? I can see no other reason for you to quote my post. If I were going to edit it, I would have done so shortly after posting it, but I see no reason to change it.

So, explain yourself.
User00013170

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you thinking I'm going to not be forthcoming about the future sale of my Fiero? I can see no other reason for you to quote my post. If I were going to edit it, I would have done so shortly after posting it, but I see no reason to change it.

So, explain yourself.

My my my, aren't we insecure.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 05-23-2010).]

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first time to post in the Trash Can.

I had an 88GT that was in better shape that yours, but looked very similar. I sold it for $1800 at the end of 2008. With the market what it is now, I would have asked $1500. That being said, I was interested in selling it quickly. If I was more patient, I would have asked $2500 and hoped for 2200.

Just my 2 cents.

Flamberge
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just gotta laugh at this, at least you had enough common sense to use real humor to poke at me with.

What humor? I am serious.......I can even pay you cash when you get here.....Send half now as a deposit and pay the other half when you deliver it..DEAL?
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my 88 Formula 5 years ago for $1700, if that helps any

And In after trash can...
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

My my my, aren't we insecure.

So says the individual who said he was done in this thread, then PM'd me with one word: "Idiot." I can take and post a screenshot of said PM if you'd like? If you were done in here, why are you back? That little jab wasn't worth losing your credibility over, but there it is!

I'm not insecure, just wondering what it was that made Mozart want to quote my post. Usually that's done to keep people honest, or to keep them from backtracking. I've no reason to lie, and I have nothing to backtrack on.

All I see in this thread is a couple of guys trying to grief someone for no good reason. You all jumped me, I defended myself and the response was typical of an online "good old boy's club".

I've brought wanted product back to this market (lebaron brackets) and contributed a detailed writeup of the brake upgrade. What have you done, other than the behavior you've displayed here?
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I see in this thread is a couple of guys trying to grief someone for no good reason. You all jumped me, I defended myself and the response was typical of an online "good old boy's club".

I've brought wanted product back to this market (lebaron brackets) and contributed a detailed writeup of the brake upgrade. What have you done, other than the behavior you've displayed here?

I'd really like to leave this alone but YOU keep dragging me back into it.

OOOOHHHH, you "brought some brackets to market". Did you sell them at cost? No? You made a few bucks? Hmmmm. I've got nothing agains that but it's one thing to offer something at no cost or give it away and a whole different deal to see a void in the market and profit off it. The latter is hardly altruistic.

What have *I* done for this community? Well, let me see here.....

I contributed several thousand dollars to make sure Wheatstock happened and it didn't bankrupt CFOGI. Later, when we decided to disband the group with a few hundred dollars in the bank, I never asked for, nor did I want any of it back, the balance was given to "The Whole in the Wall Gang", our club charity.

When Darrell Morse quit making the solid cradle bushings I turned out about 15 sets or so on my own lathe, on my own time, and sold them for little more than the cost of aluminum.

I've done 4 engine swaps for members or other Fiero owners in my shop, making almost nothing on my time to do that. When they were here for more than a day or so, they stayed in my home and were treated like the family they are.

I just finished converting Blackram's '88 SC3800 from an auto to a manual. You can check with him how much money I made on that deal. He also stayed with us a night or two.

I've given away thousands of dollars worth of parts to people that needed them over the years just because I had them and they needed them.

When twofatguys was looking for work last summer I had a truck I needed brought to me so I hired him to bring it and gave him a job for a couple of weeks. I needed the help and he needed the work and I'd rather do that for a forum member than a high school kid or some stranger.

I've had thousands of posts in Tech and General on build threads and how-to's, many of which I've been contacted for permission (and granted it) to republish in various Fiero Club newsletters.

In not one post of mine did I call you a name or make a snide comment about you. I gave you values for your car and offered other opinions that you're free to do with as you like. Never was I disrespectful to you in any way, in spite of what you might think.

Get off your high horse, Jon, it's really only a pony ride in front of the grocery store. If you want me out of your thread then YOU keep me out of it. If you continue to disparage me I'll certainly exercise my option to respond.

John Stricker

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I'd really like to leave this alone but YOU keep dragging me back into it.

OOOOHHHH, you "brought some brackets to market". Did you sell them at cost? No? You made a few bucks? Hmmmm. I've got nothing agains that but it's one thing to offer something at no cost or give it away and a whole different deal to see a void in the market and profit off it. The latter is hardly altruistic.

What have *I* done for this community? Well, let me see here.....

I contributed several thousand dollars to make sure Wheatstock happened and it didn't bankrupt CFOGI. Later, when we decided to disband the group with a few hundred dollars in the bank, I never asked for, nor did I want any of it back, the balance was given to "The Whole in the Wall Gang", our club charity.

When Darrell Morse quit making the solid cradle bushings I turned out about 15 sets or so on my own lathe, on my own time, and sold them for little more than the cost of aluminum.

I've done 4 engine swaps for members or other Fiero owners in my shop, making almost nothing on my time to do that. When they were here for more than a day or so, they stayed in my home and were treated like the family they are.

I just finished converting Blackram's '88 SC3800 from an auto to a manual. You can check with him how much money I made on that deal. He also stayed with us a night or two.

I've given away thousands of dollars worth of parts to people that needed them over the years just because I had them and they needed them.

When twofatguys was looking for work last summer I had a truck I needed brought to me so I hired him to bring it and gave him a job for a couple of weeks. I needed the help and he needed the work and I'd rather do that for a forum member than a high school kid or some stranger.

I've had thousands of posts in Tech and General on build threads and how-to's, many of which I've been contacted for permission (and granted it) to republish in various Fiero Club newsletters.

In not one post of mine did I call you a name or make a snide comment about you. I gave you values for your car and offered other opinions that you're free to do with as you like. Never was I disrespectful to you in any way, in spite of what you might think.

Get off your high horse, Jon, it's really only a pony ride in front of the grocery store. If you want me out of your thread then YOU keep me out of it. If you continue to disparage me I'll certainly exercise my option to respond.

John Stricker

Actually John, I didn't see a single red cent from those brackets. In fact, I spent more on my brackets (quite a bit more) than anyone else did to front the cost of the materials the machinist needed to get the run started. Why? Because the machinist is a good guy that needed the work, so I was going to bring him into a market that needed his skills. I guess I incorrectly assessed that this would be a good market for him to ply his skills and wares. So, would you like to continue making assumptions about my character and motivations?

You're really pissed off about this whole thing but you have zero right to be. You were the first one acting like a big 'ol toughguy, telling me how to manage my marriage. You think someone's going to be grateful to you for what you said? You've got to be insane to think that!

You know what? Being the gracious individual that I am I'll let you have the last word you're so desperately striving towards. Go on, say what you will. I promise I'll even read every last letter that you write, and even comprehend what you're trying to say. That's more than I can say about your attempts to understand my stance on why you're wrong for butting your opinion into my relationship.

I know, I'm a hell of a nice guy. Have a good one, John!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

What humor? I am serious.......I can even pay you cash when you get here.....Send half now as a deposit and pay the other half when you deliver it..DEAL?

So we gottta deal or what? Offer is only going to last thru the weekend......
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GS Jon, im not picking sides, just a warning lol. gunna hafta ignore people you dont get along with, like jstricker. me and him have never really had a good exchange, so now i mostly ignore anything he posts towards me that i dont like. there is nothing wrong with him (or you, or me), some people just clash. were i more petty i would have negged him, but im not, and he doesnt deserve it. youre on an internet forum, asking an opinion. public forum plus general anonymity plus being safe at home plus a REQUEST of opinions? a recipe for disaster.

learn that quickly or youll get banned lol. do it with a bad attitude, and you wont get unbanned :/

as for your car, figure this. i almost bought an 88 Formula, white (1 of 1303 i hear), with 66k miles, no major issues, VERY few minor issues, and little to no rust, for $2k. that was his ASKING PRICE. your car is nice and all, but unles you find a loaded enthusiast or an excited fool, i suspect you wont get more than $2k, prolly closer to $1.5k. Post it on craigslist, set asking price at 3 or 4 thousand, and make sure to say you will accept "ANY REASONABLE OFFER." find someone interested, then gauge their interested and base your final asking price on however high youthink theyll go. you WILL take a loss, as sad as it is
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the post. Yeah, even though I said I'd post up and asking price of $3.5k, didn't mean that's all I was going to accept.

As for the interpersonal issue I seem to have had in this thread (and funny enough, ONLY this thread with all these posts under my belt), I'm all too aware of the pitfalls of anonymous communications with others via the internet. I've been on message boards long enough to know that when something like this kicks off, the new kid on the block (aka, me) winds up getting permabanned. Just the way things work.

I can understand how some people in here and I have just failed to see eye-to-eye, and I know I have an abrasive personality when folks try to ruffle my feathers, and an outright rude and condescending attitude when someone actually does succeed in ruffling my feathers. I try to not take things personally, but there's a few things you just don't do on a messageboard. I figured that Pennock's had a mature enough clientele to avoid some of this unsavory behavior, but I misjudged and here we are.

Undoubtedly my behavior has likely caused some fellow members to leave this thread with a tainted view of who I am, and that's quite unfortunate. I should have remained poised, calm and collected and let the initial shitstorm of comments roll off my back so we could have all focused on the topic of this thread.

Really all I wanted was the expert opinion of the people on this forum, who know Fieros better than I do, on what they'd start putting out feelers on a sale price of this Fiero. Doesn't mean I was going to put up a crazy amount and think I was entitled to it, but I'm also not going to short-sell myself. While some folks call this car a "project", I call it a fully realized Fiero. I've done a fair amount of work on this car and the quality shows in my workmanship. I have to take it with a grain of salt when people say "I bought my 198X Fiero XX with XXXXX miles on the clock for $XXXX", but they don't say anything about the condition of the suspension or brakes.

Sure as shoot, if the suspension hasn't been touched, it's shot. If it has, what about your bushings? Mine are done. Balljoints, tie rods, bearings/hubs? Done. It's hard to compare cars over the internet when people aren't forthcoming about the condition of their cars, and I've noticed a lot of Fiero owners flat-out refuse to spend the necessary money to keep their cars running. Sure, your MAACO paint job might look good now, but can you trust your car to not break and send you over the side of a cliff if you run it hard? I sure can. I'd take a mechanically sound and safe vehicle over a car that has decent outward appearance and questionable mechanicals any day of the week.

Just my $.02.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure as shoot, if the suspension hasn't been touched, it's shot. If it has, what about your bushings? Mine are done. Balljoints, tie rods, bearings/hubs? Done. It's hard to compare cars over the internet when people aren't forthcoming about the condition of their cars, and I've noticed a lot of Fiero owners flat-out refuse to spend the necessary money to keep their cars running. Sure, your MAACO paint job might look good now, but can you trust your car to not break and send you over the side of a cliff if you run it hard? I sure can. I'd take a mechanically sound and safe vehicle over a car that has decent outward appearance and questionable mechanicals any day of the week.

Just my $.02.

you referring to the Formula i mentioned? i dont remember specifics, but it was babied. just needed one small cheap repair and itd be ready to drive anyone (other than the typical stuff EVERY Fiero suffers). id still buy it but i think he sold it. no doubt your car is nice, but his was better. obviously that is arguable lol, but my main point was his is worth more than yours pretty much no matter what, but even he had to settle for around $2k.

as for the rest, dont judge PFF or any individual based on comments. stricker seems to have "that kind of personality," but it doesnt mean you should automatically judge him. hes blunt, honest, and opinionated (no offence stricker, nothing to be ashamed of. in fact stand tall and proud, most folks dont have the balls lol). no matter where you go, be it PFF of anywhere else, there will be people you clash with. Fieros dont really draw a particularly "nice" type of person. peculiar, maybe, but not inherently nice. like i said, ignore those who irk you, or learn to brush it off. believe me, and everyone else will likely agree with me, being new has nothing to do with it. ive seen stricker act identical to someone with many thousands of posts more than he does, as he did with you. id have a few threads in the TC if i took the defensive stand you did against people who i clash with. people are who they are, and there will be people everywhere that you clash with.

that being said, throw yer car on CL and see what ya catch. you could get lucky, or get nothing worthwhile. if i were you, id hold onto it for a while and sell it later, unless you REALLY REALLY need the cash now
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I really don't need the cash right this very instant, so I've got the luxury of sitting on it a while. I'm not totally unreasonable regarding the price, but then again if there's someone who would like to part with too much money to get into the Fiero game, they're more than willing to do so buying my car. Why sell it short, right? Dealers do it all the time and sell complete crap to people. Like I said, I'm not going to hide anything from the buyer, but the market out here is strange so I'm going to throw my lot into the wind and see where it lands.

The worst that can happen is I piss off a cheapass. Oh well!
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if someone offered me $10k for my POS Fiero id sell it without even telling them the gas gauge is a lil off lol. otherwise, if/when i sell mine, i will tell EVERYTHING wrong with it (that is noteworthy), but in a dealer-y way. my car is safe. someone paying too much for it is their fault.

as long as you understand you might have to sell yourself short (which you DO seem to understand) you should be alright
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I actually believe I'll have to sell this car for about $2k, but if I can get more, why shouldn't I? It's worth it because of the time and care I've put into the car. All the repairs I've done are NOTHING like the hackjobs that were done on it before I got my hands on the poor thing.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one of the few worthwhile things my dad taught me lol, basically what its worth to you doesnt matter to them

you could market it on eBay as well. could try listing it as the perfect setup for a kitcar (runs and is plenty sturdy). try different kinds of markets (enthusiasts, teens, parents who get their kids everything, kitcar folk, etc)
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually have plans to drive it to the local car show with a For Sale sign on it. :D
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually have plans to drive it to the local car show with a For Sale sign on it.

the guy who had the Formula was going to take it to the Dells show if he couldnt get it sold before then, and sell it starting around $4k
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta go where the money (and the bored retired guys) go!
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the post. Yeah, even though I said I'd post up and asking price of $3.5k, didn't mean that's all I was going to accept.

As for the interpersonal issue I seem to have had in this thread (and funny enough, ONLY this thread with all these posts under my belt), I'm all too aware of the pitfalls of anonymous communications with others via the internet. I've been on message boards long enough to know that when something like this kicks off, the new kid on the block (aka, me) winds up getting permabanned. Just the way things work.

I can understand how some people in here and I have just failed to see eye-to-eye, and I know I have an abrasive personality when folks try to ruffle my feathers, and an outright rude and condescending attitude when someone actually does succeed in ruffling my feathers. I try to not take things personally, but there's a few things you just don't do on a messageboard. I figured that Pennock's had a mature enough clientele to avoid some of this unsavory behavior, but I misjudged and here we are.

Undoubtedly my behavior has likely caused some fellow members to leave this thread with a tainted view of who I am, and that's quite unfortunate. I should have remained poised, calm and collected and let the initial shitstorm of comments roll off my back so we could have all focused on the topic of this thread.
Just my $.02.

This thread is now in the trash can and things are looser in here than the rest of the forum. What goes in the can should stay in the can and not be reflected in the main forum. I wonder if you gave me a neg for posting what I did. I really don't care to be honest but if you don't want this thread to continue you can ask Cliff to delete it.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone may do what they will in here, even when it was in the serious section of the forum it didn't receive the type of respect a thread deserves, so I don't expect it to receive respectful treatment in the trashcan. Just the way things are around here, apparently. It's cool though, it is your forum and I abide by the rules and flow established by the majority.

You guys just do what you do, and I'll either adapt or go away.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So says the individual who said he was done in this thread, then PM'd me with one word: "Idiot." I can take and post a screenshot of said PM if you'd like? If you were done in here, why are you back? That little jab wasn't worth losing your credibility over, but there it is!

I'm not insecure, just wondering what it was that made Mozart want to quote my post. Usually that's done to keep people honest, or to keep them from backtracking. I've no reason to lie, and I have nothing to backtrack on.

I changed my mind about the thread ( I'm entitled, im an adult ), and i don't care if you post a screen shot. At the time i was trying to keep the noise off the public side and avoid this going into the can for you. Now that its in the trash, who cares

With how you responded originally to our honest non flaming advice i do feel you are an idiot since you have zero clue of why you were being treated the way you were afterward. I have no problem stating that so if it makes you feel better ** I think you are an idiot **.. there its public..

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Everyone may do what they will in here, even when it was in the serious section of the forum it didn't receive the type of respect a thread deserves, so I don't expect it to receive respectful treatment in the trashcan. Just the way things are around here, apparently. It's cool though, it is your forum and I abide by the rules and flow established by the majority.

You guys just do what you do, and I'll either adapt or go away.

Respect you deserve? WTF? You really need to take a closer look at how you responded to suggestions about what YOU posted and why it went south.

No one was making assumptions, YOU made the statement, some honest advice was given and you acted like an ass, so it went down hill from there.

Treat it as a learning experience: Don't bring up subjects you don't want discussed, and don't ***** about it when you do.

EDIT: I rarely get annoyed at people, so you get a point for that. Congrats.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 05-25-2010).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

This thread is now in the trash can and things are looser in here than the rest of the forum. What goes in the can should stay in the can and not be reflected in the main forum. I wonder if you gave me a neg for posting what I did. I really don't care to be honest but if you don't want this thread to continue you can ask Cliff to delete it.

But isn't that sort of a cop out? Much like asking to have it moved here in the first place.. Adults stand up and take their punches when they have mouthed off to the big guy over in the corner of the bar and doesn't run home to mommy..
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

But isn't that sort of a cop out? Much like asking to have it moved here in the first place.. Adults stand up and take their punches when they have mouthed off to the big guy over in the corner of the bar and doesn't run home to mommy..

Ah, and there lies the rub. If we were all face to face, I doubt anyone would have ran their mouths as much as they did in this thread. If someone HAD run their mouths like they did in this thread, I'm sure that it would have been settled in a much different manner. As such, I'm positive that you wouldn't have ran your mouth off at me like you had, or called me an idiot to my face knowing that I was right there, in person.

So if you're implying that you're the big man at the bar and you'd like to trade punches, I'd be more than happy to oblige you. Until then, keep running your mouth via the safety blankey you call the internet. You're still a chickenshit in my eyes, and forever will be.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-25-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, and there lies the rub. If we were all face to face, I doubt anyone would have ran their mouths as much as they did in this thread. If someone HAD run their mouths like they did in this thread, I'm sure that it would have been settled in a much different manner. As such, I'm positive that you wouldn't have ran your mouth off at me like you had, or called me an idiot to my face knowing that I was right there, in person.

So if you're implying that you're the big man at the bar and you'd like to trade punches, I'd be more than happy to oblige you. Until then, keep running your mouth via the safety blankey you call the internet. You're still a chickenshit in my eyes, and forever will be.

If you came to me in person and said 'my wife demanded me to get rid of the car, how much is it worth' id give the same advice to your face ( or your wife if she was there ) since I have no reason not to, i spoke honestly and without malice to your proposed question, with the added quantifiers. If you acted like the jerk like you did on here to my face id have still have called you an idiot then leave your stupid narcissistic confused self standing there. if you were even more immature then you appear to be and decided to throw a punch over your *own* words, i would not throw a punch back, i would simply defend myself by killing you where you stood since i have to assume you meant bodily harm and its legal to defend myself. I'm not some 25 year old snot nosed kid with something to prove via a scuffle on the ground. And no, for the record i have no trouble admitting that on a public forum that i would defend myself to the extent allowed by law, from a person that is now making threats.

And just to cover both bases: If you didn't act like a jerk after the advice and just said 'thanks, but how much do you think my car is worth', then the discussion would be over and we would both walk away.

Further I did not imply *i* go to bars to start a fight, nor that this silly stuff about your wife warrants a fist fight. It was an analogy.. you do know what that means, right? Since you seem not to comprehend well and the analogy was completely lost on you: In this case you started the fight, we were the big guy in the corner. Then instead of being a man you went and cried to put this in the trash. But of course in your world that isn't how you will see it. and its always everyone else's fault and just don't see why YOU pissed people off.

Hopeless child. Have a nice day and don't let the big bad world eat you.

And if you don't believe me, you can guess where ill be at the 30th if you are capable of reading my location tag. Stop by and ill call you the same thing unless you have grown up before then and are no longer a crybaby.

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realized that I've been making a huge mistake all along by trying to converse with you. I've been arguing with an unreasonable person! I don't have the time to waste on you, nor do I have the stomach to further expose myself to your stupidity. Thanks for being who you are, everyone needs reassurance from time to time that they're doing things right. I'm off to move on with my life. You're free to continue ranting like a madman.

P.S. You give gun owners a bad name. With such poor judgement, I'll probably see you on one of the 2A news sites. Have fun being a mall ninja!
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I realized that I've been making a huge mistake all along by trying to converse with you. I've been arguing with an unreasonable person! I don't have the time to waste on you, nor do I have the stomach to further expose myself to your stupidity. Thanks for being who you are, everyone needs reassurance from time to time that they're doing things right. I'm off to move on with my life. You're free to continue ranting like a madman.

P.S. You give gun owners a bad name. With such poor judgement, I'll probably see you on one of the 2A news sites. Have fun being a mall ninja!

Yes, I'm unreasonable, inflexible and opinionated. I totally agree. When a person acts like a jerk like you did when you try to help them out, one does tend to act differently towards them from that point forward. They earned the poor treatment.

And who said firearm? Don't assume anything. Another sign of a childish mind.

Cya!

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay....last offer...only good for tonight...$34.52 and a pair of used Jordans with new laces......final offer.....I will cover the tip after lunch.....Deal?
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay....last offer...only good for tonight...$34.52 and a pair of used Jordans with new laces......final offer.....I will cover the tip after lunch.....Deal?

LOL...
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies have been sent to John Stricker for the misunderstandings and trivial back-and-forth we had in the thread. He's a good man. In case I haven't made myself clear before, I do appreciate the assistance and perspectives given in this thread by all. Yes, that includes JStricker and User00013170.

You guys have a hell of a way of showing tough love, you know that? :P
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thats why it's tough

If you reread your original post as if you didn't write it, what perception would you get?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

thats why it's tough

If you reread your original post as if you didn't write it, what perception would you get?

Counterpoint: When someone clarifies their position, shouldn't you take that post at face value and knock off the silliness? Yeah, I would.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon and I had a nice conversation via PM and this is done. I harbor no ill will or animosity towards him and wish him only the best in his career outside the military as his life continues and good luck in selling his Fiero. We had a misunderstanding that we both let get out of control and that's all it was. It's over, done, finished. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the car, Jon.

John Stricker

My apologies have been sent to John Stricker for the misunderstandings and trivial back-and-forth we had in the thread. He's a good man. In case I haven't made myself clear before, I do appreciate the assistance and perspectives given in this thread by all. Yes, that includes JStricker and User00013170.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still got that $32.50 and the Jordans(sold the laces though)....

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, had my friend pick them up from you.

I'm going to hang you from them later.
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the laces were mine? I paypalled for them already, if someone else picked them up im gonna be pissed, I want my money back.

-Joe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock