Started on: 07-07-2007 09:55 AM
Replies: 188 (6958 views)
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 07-31-2007 09:28 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
That's probably the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread (and I've read a lot of dumb things so far from both sides of the fence). I bet anyone can find tons of things discussed here that have never been discussed there. And vice versa. That doesn't make one forum better than the other (or the other's tech section better than this one's).

I don't have a problem with RTFM. I believe PFF is mainly for people trying to keep their Fiero running. People can ask here how to change their oil, how to change a spark-plug, or even how to refill their windshield wiper fluid without being ridiculed. They can ask the simplest of questions, or the most complex questions here. That's what makes PFF a nice place. Because you don't have to be some Fiero Ubertech Geek (or FUG-er ) to be taken seriously and to be made feel at home.

But to say another place is better because something is discussed there and not here is, well, like I said pretty stupid.

And like I said, I don't have a problem with RTF or any other place. I have a problem with the people on those places rallying up other people to cause problems here. Or go and f-ck up my business forum. Or pretend to be me on a whole bunch of other places and post all kinds of "cool" "gay" remarks. Or forums that use *my* name as if I was one of the moderators (or make it seem I even visit those places for that matter). All that tells me is that apparently, these places can't get by on their own. They need to offer some incentive to get members. And usually that incentive is "PFF sucks, We are better. Cliff sucks. I am better".

But hey, I can already see in my referer log-files who is having a field day with this thread.

Cliff, I agree 100%. I was just pointing out that there are different people on the two forums. I'm not going to ask a turbo question here, because frankly, I don't believe there are many turbo PFF'ers with properly sized turbos. Conversely, I wouldn't dare ask a question about how to refill the windshield washer fluid over there, because I'd get roasted.

All the things you have a problem with, I have a problem with. None of them are "cool" or "funny". I truly hope you got Aaron to pay for the damages done to your business forum, because IMHO, that should have serious consequences.
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

I am a master tech and could probably contribute to the RFT forum, but the first impression I got is that it is a teenage to 20's tuners forum. I grew out of that phase...I think. When I eventually take my Fiero to the track, I won't run slicks. I want to know an honest 1/4 mile time on street tires. I may not even run it at the track because I enjoy just driving it.

Singling out RFT is like throwing gasoline on a fire. But you didn't know the history, so you didn't know the mess that was likely to be stirred up.

Aside from the middle school antics, they are pretty much a 20-something tuner forum. They don't understand that somone might put a V8 in their car and not take it to the track, or even care if it runs a 12, 13, 14 or heaven forbid 15 seconds.

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I didn't know I was going to start this much poop. Ryan had a point about the turbos. When I was researching turbos stuff, I went to a GTP forum. When I need help with my Weber carburetors I read a 427 Cobra forum. When I need help diagnosing the cars I work on I ask the forum where I buy my parts. When I want to sit back with a beer and BS online about Fieros, or need advice on bodywork, or like to look at the pretty wives...I come here.
Dave

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 07-07-2007).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

What possible reason would any PFF member have to care if RFT has indeed changed? It started off as "PennocksSucks" with the sole purpose of bashing this forum and Cliff. Since then some members have tried to make it a more "legitimate" forum and there may be some useful information on there. But why would anyone want to wade through the hoping to find a nugget of valuable info?

I gave RFT a second chance and thought, ok, maybe they've changed - I'll check them out. I was greeted with spam from Shaun from multiple email accounts. So why bother?

RFT will always be the island of misfits. There may be some intelligent people there with useful information, but they're going to be loss in the bile.

How long do you think it'll be before there's an RFT vs The [sic] World thread talking trash about this thread?

Yeh, well I happen to be a missfit, and a waste of oxygen (according to my ex)

WTF---2 forums bashing each other,,,people getting thier ire up and acting like children.

Thats what makes forums great----the real inside person shows up sooner or later.

"My wheels are better than your wheels, and if you dont think so I'm cgoing to throw a temper tantrum"

And we both have the same car.

What a wonderfull microchasm of society. <grin>
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the real topic should be... How Long til Stimpy is banned?
I used to respect you stimpy, your very intelligent and have good knowledge of cars, and I even gave you a + before you were banned last time, but ya know... you need to grow up and climb out of the RFT septic tank and realize why so many people do not like you, your attitude sucks and you act like a child.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

the real topic should be... How Long til Stimpy is banned?
I used to respect you stimpy, your very intelligent and have good knowledge of cars, and I even gave you a + before you were banned last time, but ya know... you need to grow up and climb out of the RFT septic tank and realize why so many people do not like you, your attitude sucks and you act like a child.

As far as RFT goes, Stimpy is one of the more moderate voices over there. (At least give him some credit for clearing out the "RFT vs The World" section, a few months back. I certainly think that was a good move.)
There are only a handful of people over there that truly annoy me. I choose to just not participate much, because of those people, and that section. If they're also here, I generally don't talk with them, either.

RFT aside, I think Jeff pretty much "calls them like he sees them". I don't always agree with what he says, but I usually can at least appreciate where it came from.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who's stimpy?
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's sum up this whole thread...

I like PFF so I'll post and read threads here. Other forums... not so much.
End of story. No point in arguing personal preference.

BTW Cliff, This is my forum of choice. I'm happy here and I thank you for your efforts.

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

who's stimpy?

You have missed a lot of history.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-07-2007).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

You have missed a lot of history.

I only wish I knew about PFF back in January-March of 2005 when I was stuck home in a wheelchair with nothing to do. I'd be up to date and wouldn't have been so bored.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I only wish I knew about PFF back in January-March of 2005 when I was stuck home in a wheelchair with nothing to do. I'd be up to date and wouldn't have been so bored.

Damn. That sucks.

I've learned all sorts of stuff in the years that I've been here. I also killed many hours of productivity at work.
PFF
System Bot
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seems like every time I see rft it ends up in the trashcan... lol
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

even if they put a Ford engine in their Fiero.
Dave

now that's over the line. trashcan!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I challenge you to find a thread like this:

http://realfierotech.com/ph...viewtopic.php?t=1166

In fact, find one northstar turbo thread here that even mentions a GT-42 turbocharger and I'll paypal you $50.
(Yes, a turbo northstar thread directly affects me, so that's why I chose it.)

OK, so I just checked the archives and I can't find a single thread about swapping a salvaged naval nuclear reactor into a Fiero..Man, this place SUCKS!

Want info on Northstar swaps? Here is a crazy thought, have you considered NORTHSTAR sites?

http://groups.msn.com/Fiero...apGroup/general.msnw

http://www.fierodrivers.com...display;threadid=765

http://web2.airmail.net/nun...ts/northstarperf.htm

http://www.gmperformancepar...=17802896&engCat=rpo

http://www.redlineperforman...c6cae42bc5ec1a0db12f

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-07-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm...nuthin to do??? http://www.youtube.com/watc...h?v=U0JK--C98SU&NR=1

j/k, hehe.
FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Hmm...nuthin to do??? http://www.youtube.com/watc...h?v=U0JK--C98SU&NR=1

j/k, hehe.

It's stuff like that why I like this forum.

I've been a memeber of this forum for a long time now. It was the first forum I ever became a member of, and the only forum I really read and make an effort to participate in. I've always felt welcome here, even if I was screwing things up at times.

People on this forum have always given their advice and sincerity, and not just when it comes to our cars, but in personal aspects as well.

When someone's relationship with their girl goes to hell.... you can count on people in this forum to make a effort to cheer you up.... because they want to.

When someone needs some help with their car and can't do it by themselves..... there's a good chance that someone will travel, spend the day(s) with you to help you get done what needs to get done...... because they want to.

If you screw up and rip some people off in the mall, as long as you make an effort to make things right.... we welcome you back..... because we want to.

I can even say if you leave a suicide note on here.... chances are good the cops will show up at your door to see if you need help, they came to my door. People who have never even met me cared enough to send for help from halfway across the world..... because they care.

This is the only forum I have ever been on that truly has a family feel to it. The off-topic section is as active as the topics just about our cars. That's gotta say something. Not only can we post the simplest questions about our cars, or just show off the new beater that you bought that needs tons of work to be a show car.... but YOU'RE proud of it, you'll get nice remarks and a warm response. But, we can also post topics about our personal lives and other interests, and get the same warm response, support, information, or whatever it may be that you'd expect to get from other human beings.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

OK, so I just checked the archives and I can't find a single thread about swapping a salvaged naval nuclear reactor into a Fiero..Man, this place SUCKS!

Want info on Northstar swaps? Here is a crazy thought, have you considered NORTHSTAR sites?

http://groups.msn.com/Fiero...apGroup/general.msnw

http://www.fierodrivers.com...display;threadid=765

http://web2.airmail.net/nun...ts/northstarperf.htm

http://www.gmperformancepar...=17802896&engCat=rpo

http://www.redlineperforman...c6cae42bc5ec1a0db12f

Traitor! Stop promoting other fiero sites! Everything you could ever want is right here! (except northstar information apparently)

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was on archies tech net for a long time.
but then it started to really slow down and i was running out of things to read / respond to.
some how i found PFF, and there were lots of questions i could answer and lots of stuff to read.
i have joined RFT but there's not much activity there that i can respond to so i dont visit it often
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Traitor! Stop promoting other fiero sites! Everything you could ever want is right here! (except northstar information apparently)

But that is actually a good point. You can do so many things to this car, it would be impossible for a site to have expert advice on everything. The most logical place to go for advice would be a site that knows about the engine, not the car it's going in. I love reading tech stuff here and elsewhere, always like to learn about new projects and follow build threads. But if I'm forging new ground or following a path very few have been so far, I wouldn't hold it against them for not having knowledge on the subject.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:
But that is actually a good point. You can do so many things to this car, it would be impossible for a site to have expert advice on everything. The most logical place to go for advice would be a site that knows about the engine, not the car it's going in. I love reading tech stuff here and elsewhere, always like to learn about new projects and follow build threads. But if I'm forging new ground or following a path very few have been so far, I wouldn't hold it against them for not having knowledge on the subject.

exactly.

So don't hold it against me (or anyone else) if I go to Fierodrivers, RFT, 60 degree v6, Thirdgen.org, cadillacforums.com, or any number of other sites when I can't get what I need here (tech, parts, or otherwise). There are very smart folks on all of them. Some have people I don't really get along with. I think I've had my share of arguements on all of them (except maybe fierodrivers, I don't post there, but I read the N* thread before I started my swap... and I did borrow ideas from it)

Nate, the fact is that there is not a single tech thread on RFT that isn't on Pennocks...and likely started here first.

Myth busted.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one ever said you can't look at other sites. In case you forgot after all these two pages what this discussion is about you said RFT was a "MUCH, MUCH BETTER" forum than PFF.

Myth busted.
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one ever said you can't look at other sites. In case you forgot after all these two pages what this discussion is about you said RFT was a "MUCH, MUCH BETTER" forum than PFF.

Myth busted.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Too bad you got the wrong person, and gave the wrong quote.

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:
Compared to the tech section here, RFT's regular tech section is much, MUCH better.

So we're clear - we're not comparing forums, we're comparing tech. Which one is better depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for info on how to install a cold air kit from ebay parts.... here's a good place. If you're looking for info on ECM programming, 60degreev6 is a good place. If you're looking for info on turbochargers, RFT is a good place. All good in their own areas of expertise.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So we're clear - we're not comparing forums, we're comparing tech. Which one is better depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for info on how to install a cold air kit from ebay parts.... here's a good place. If you're looking for info on ECM programming, 60degreev6 is a good place. If you're looking for info on turbochargers, RFT is a good place. All good in their own areas of expertise.

Another thing that some are forgetting is that folks like Darth, Will, crzyone, Kohburn, rockcrawl, etc. who have vast knowledge of Fiero's, engines, and swaps also post in tech on PFF. So to say that one Fiero forum has a better tech because the more technical people are members on RFT rather than PFF is inaccurate. The difference is there are many more here who are also knowledgeable and are not members on RFT for one reason or another.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RFT has 2 things over PFF: Will & Kohburn - they be VERY sharp & creative. either would be an asset to ANY automotive forum.
other than that, it is just a disbanded group of loudmouths. 7 of them, I think it is.
for a total working attendance of under 10. all rolling around blowing each other, while in between breaths spout stuff about their true loves: Archie & Cali Kid. and, recently, Roger got to rise up, and become the new object of their affection.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just saying I like this forum...that is all.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both RFT and PFF have their share of loud mouths and malcontents. You can't mention RFT on PFF without starting a forum war between these people. The good news is that it is only a handful of people on both forums, the bad news is that most people that see this happening get turned off by it and decide to go to other Fiero forums where this drama is even less likely to occur.
PFF may be the largest Fiero forum out there but that does not mean it neccesarily is the best, that is totally subjective because of many different factors. If you enjoy reading postings and like to spend time on a forum then it would make PFF the best because of it's vast content. If you don't like vickering and drama then it would rank close to RFT. If you want to compare people with knowledge vs. membership numbers then RFT would be on top, relatively speaking.
All forums are different and have their own unique things to offer to their members. You won't know what these are unless you join or read them. Badmouthing another forum is just asking for trouble in the forum you did this in, as the members of the other forum might retaliate by coming to this forum to defend theirs. If you have something to say about another forum why not go there and say it? It's real easy to say something on one forum and think the other forum won't find out about it, the sad truth is that they do most of the time, as people tend to belong to multiple forums and can spread the word about this happening.
RFT has been trying to clean up their image for quite some time now but some people here insist on badmouthing them any chance they get to do so. These same people have even badmouthed other Fiero forums they have not visited or read. This is not fair to those forums or to the people who might have benefited from visiting these forums. I make it a point to suggest people visit PFF or RFT depending on the question asked and if it cannot be answered by myself or my membership. I also suggest which forum might be more appropiate for answering the question based on what I know about each forum and their memberships. The bottom line is that every forum has something to offer and no one holds a monopoly on answers.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:
If you don't like vickering and drama then it would rank close to RFT.

? ?

RFT has been trying to clean up their image for quite some time now but some people here insist on badmouthing them any chance they get to do so.

I tell ya what. If RFT closed "RFT vs. the world" - as in completely eliminated it, not moved it to some members-only, hidden section - then I'll bet people might take them more seriously.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
I tell ya what. If RFT closed "RFT vs. the world" - as in completely eliminated it, not moved it to some members-only, hidden section - then I'll bet people might take them more seriously.

doubt it. RFT has a VERY specific mindset. driving off newb's with wild rants. I'll stop by about once a week to see if anything "good" is happening in the tech section - but it has fully dried up. I really had hopes for RFT when it first started,. because I did like the exploring & experimenting that went on. but, it seems all the brains have tired of the fools. few guys posted up great stuff, while the crowd threw poop at each other.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

RFT has 2 things over PFF: Will & Kohburn - they be VERY sharp & creative. either would be an asset to ANY automotive forum.

How can RFT have 2 things over PFF when they both are active on BOTH forums?
If you are seeking comments or info from either of them, You can get an answer on either forum.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, where to start.
This is not a nice drama free place, almost every other post I make on here has "please don't flame me" in it.

All my negs showed up right after I said what horrible customer service Cletus(Archie) has. Cletus got errogent and his followers on here started ripping into me, then he got even more errogent, and acted like he did no wrong. And yes this was after a $3000 order from him.
I stated facts.
I would love to tell how rodney ripped me off, then got errogent himself and responded how he could of ripped me off more. Or how he ripped off one of the Fiero clubs I belong to, as I belong to more than one.
But if I did and went into more details, I would get banned in less than a day. Not everyone on here likes to hear the truth.

This is still my fav forum, and I try to contribute as I can. But I even had to stay away for quite awhile as most threads turned into flame wars. It was impossible to get a question asked without the flames. And no, not by the who were banned. I do mostly searches now and only post in a few threads. When I look for info, I don't care where I get it from. I usally search here first, but if I don't find what I need, I look elsewhere, as should you all. When you go shopping, going to store A does NOT mean you can't into store B. If so then it is petty. There is a ton of info here, but not all. Does it say one is better than another? No

But damn, some of you people follow others on here almost like they are the gods of Fieros.
And others on here are the some of the greatest people I have ever talked to, very helpfull, some very knowledgeable, some not.
But remember people it takes ALL kinds to make the world go round.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you missed that, I did almost exactly that. I did as much as I could, at least. I moved every single topic to an archive that is only moderator accesible. Then Archie started wailing that I took away all of the threads referring to him like I was hiding them from the State Attorney Generals Office (why is it people only have a problem when I want to use the law for me? Archie and *ahem* others can make empty threats all day long and be role models.) so I replaced them.

John, RealFieroTech could change their name to Real Leper Tech, and we could spend our days in leper colonies re-wrapping the wounds of lepers, and you still wouldn't be pleased. Face it, you won't be happy until some people aren't allowed to play in your little Fiero sandbox.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:
John, RealFieroTech could change their name to Real Leper Tech, and we could spend our days in leper colonies re-wrapping the wounds of lepers, and you still wouldn't be pleased. Face it, you won't be happy until some people aren't allowed to play in your little Fiero sandbox.

Not really, but you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All good in their own areas of expertise.

Thank you for making my point. RFT is NOT better. Different? No doubt! Better? No.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not really, but you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

Really! You're allowing me an opinion?! How magnanimous of you.

At RFT, I don't have to ask to have an opinion. Maybe that's why some people like it.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just saying I like this forum...that is all.

Same here. I occasionally visit some of the other forums, but always end up back here. This is the only Fiero forum that I visit on a daily basis.

Edit to add: As you may have noticed, certain people on this forum can't play nicey-nice with each other. Don't let yourself get sucked into their childish games. And don't let their antics get to you. As long as you keep the mindset that they're all just a bunch of strangers banging away at their keyboards, you should be alright.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 07-09-2007).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I luckly have not been exposed to these other forums, as I find all that I need here on PFF.

If an environment is not suitable, leave it behind and let it be, I say.

I like this environment.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5, you are still a fairly new member and aren't aware of all the intricacies going on here and on the other Fiero forums. Give it time and you too will learn, but try to keep an open mind or you won't learn anything.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Wow, where to start.
This is not a nice drama free place, almost every other post I make on here has "please don't flame me" in it.

All my negs showed up right after I said what horrible customer service Cletus(Archie) has. Cletus got errogentarrogant and his followers on here started ripping into me, then he got even more errogentarrogant, and acted like he did no wrong. And yes this was after a $3000 order from him.
I stated facts.
I would love to tell how rodney ripped me off, then got errogentarrogant himself and responded how he could ofcould have ripped me off more. Or how he ripped off one of the Fiero clubs I belong to, as I belong to more than one.
But if I did and went into more details, I would get banned in less than a day. Not everyone on here likes to hear the truth.

This is still my fav forum, and I try to contribute as I can. But I even had to stay away for quite awhile as most threads turned into flame wars. It was impossible to get a question asked without the flames. And no, not by the who were banned. I do mostly searches now and only post in a few threads. When I look for info, I don't care where I get it from. I usally search here first, but if I don't find what I need, I look elsewhere, as should you all. When you go shopping, going to store A does NOT mean you can't into store B. If so then it is petty. There is a ton of info here, but not all. Does it say one is better than another? No

But damn, some of you people follow others on here almost like they are the gods of Fieros.
And others on here are the some of the greatest people I have ever talked to, very helpfull, some very knowledgeable, some not.
But remember people it takes ALL kinds to make the world go round.

See me after class.

Seriously, though, you don't have many negs, so it must not have been a big issue. Most of the time I see people blasting Archie, they don't have the facts. They say he ripped them off or did this or did that and he's got the email or shipping info to prove otherwise. If you just didn't like his customer service, well that's certainly possible. Not everyone gets along with everyone else. I have noticed that Archie has a low tolerance for BS, and if he thinks you're jerking him around, he's not going to sit back and take it.

Not sure about your situation with Rodney. (I guess you mean Rodney Dickman) I've never heard any bad reviews from people doing any business with him.

As far as the "truth" goes, I've generally found there's your story, and the other guy's story, and the "truth" is usually somewhere in between.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:
All my negs showed up right after I said what horrible customer service Cletus(Archie) has. Cletus got errogent and his followers on here started ripping into me, then he got even more errogent, and acted like he did no wrong. And yes this was after a $3000 order from him.
I stated facts.
I would love to tell how rodney ripped me off, then got errogent himself and responded how he could of ripped me off more. Or how he ripped off one of the Fiero clubs I belong to, as I belong to more than one.

I believe that's how Howard got banned.

Lesson learned: don't take on any fiero giants with hoards of followers.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forget this...

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 07-10-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay