Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone Had Problems with Archie? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone Had Problems with Archie? by eatoninside
Started on: 09-23-2004 04:47 PM
Replies: 110
Last post by: SNMFX on 10-05-2004 08:23 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I don't think the guy has any proof. He hasn't offered any here, if he does have it. It's his word against Archies, and I see Archie does have his own proof, to refute this guys charges. Im calling on this guy. Just another Archie hater. Maybe he wants to try and eliminate the competition by bad mouthing him.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 09-26-2004).]

IP: Logged
Howard_Sacks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
You have no class Archie.
You have no class Archie.

Originally posted by Archie:

Let's see, it's about time Howard shows up here isn't it?.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but since you seem to be proud of the fact that you ripped off a 19-year-old. Fine. here goes.

Archie is a FRAUD.

I bought an engine from him sight unseen solely because of his reputation. I had read about him since I had been a little kid in kit car magazines. I had full faith when he posted and later told me facts about an engine that they would be true.

He misrepresented a motor. He posted that it was a good motor, that was rebuilt and had a lot of life left. If anyone needs to know what Archie means by "good" I can post a quote from him earlier defining that term. He posted also posted that it had ported heads.

I decided to buy the motor based on what Archie told me.

I explained to Archie that I needed everything as it was from the turbo system. He even was "nice" enough to give me the ECM from the vehicle and use another so I could continue to use the same programming and system.

When I got the motor, the fuel and electronics were all hacked up with no descriptions or labels. It was so bad, I started from scratch when installing the engine management for the turbo. To give you an idea, instead of simply disconnecting a metal line that carried fuel, Archie cut it in pieces (with a hacksaw?) so that it would have to be replaced. He did the same with ALL of the wiring.

I told Archie that I needed the motor ASAP. My primary transportation was dead and I needed to get the car running and out of my father's garage. I even sent payment electronically so no checks would need to clear.

It took Archie over 10 weeks to ship the motor. In the ten weeks, I would call Archie up and ask him what was up. He would tell me that it's going to ship tomorrow, or by Friday. At one point he even told me that it had shipped when it had not.

Say what you want about me. It took Archie over two months to ship something. If that was anyone else, they would be hung up. We're talking about a $2k+ transaction here.

When Rockcrawl got the motor running, we could not make any power. After 5k miles of driving/tuning and poor quartermile times, I decided to take the turbo off and get the motor under control NA. It was a built 2.9 with 9.5:1 compression so it should have been able to run NA.

I could NOT make power over 3k without the turbo. I spoke with some people and tried with a stock PROM and stock injectors and stock everything and still no power over 3k.

I took the motor out.

Rockcrawl later got the heads on his bench. They were stock unported castings.

but most surprising the valve springs on this rebuilt motor appeared to be stock. Why is this important? The had rates varying between 60#s and 120#s. Can you say valve float?

So Archie, who we all agree is an expert, publicly posted that he drove the vehicle before the motor was taken out, claimed he felt the turbo kick in and make good power, not V8 power, but power and then with only 5k more miles, the heads with a lot of life left are worthless without a real rebuild.

And now, he calls me out and calls me a crybaby.

Nice doing business with you.

oh yeah, I also have a problem with vendors that sell shitty, over-priced, poorly engineered crap to our community. Today, with a degree in engineering from a top engineering university, I can write that and be fully confident in my opinion.

How do you like them apples?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

And now, he calls me out and calls me a crybaby.

But, you are a crybaby Howard & this is just the type of thread where you do your best crying.

Here is the other thread by the crybaby, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-023746.html

If you read thru the whole thread you'll see just how full of sht the crybaby is.

I like those apples just fine, Welcome back crybaby.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-26-2004).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

How do you like them apples?

I like them apples just fine. Your beef about that motor has been hashed out time and time again and you're beef isn't with Archie. All Archie did was ship the freakin' thing to you when the owner of the engine said he's received payment.

Here's a refresher for you. Your "consumer warning" about Archie: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-023746.html
It's all there for everyone to read. Go ahead and tell everyone who didn't see that thread before how Archie screwed you. They might just believe you. Or they may read your past rants and conclude that you're full of .

But you go ahead and blame Archie. You seem to get more satisfaction out of that than trying to fix your problems.

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
NO class.

But, you are a crybaby Howard & this is just the type of thread where you do your best crying.

Here is the other thread by the crybaby, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-023746.html

If you read thru the whole thread you'll see just how full of sht the crybaby is.

I like those apples just fine, Welcome back crybaby.

Archie

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Read it. It's all true.

Facts haven't changed.

Archie is still a liar and a fraud.

Sometimes I still go back and read it to remember who doesn't have character.

And it's not about satisfaction, it's about preventing archie from doing the same to someone else.

Originally posted by Formula88:

I like them apples just fine. Your beef about that motor has been hashed out time and time again and you're beef isn't with Archie. All Archie did was ship the freakin' thing to you when the owner of the engine said he's received payment.

Here's a refresher for you. Your "consumer warning" about Archie: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-023746.html
It's all there for everyone to read. Go ahead and tell everyone who didn't see that thread before how Archie screwed you. They might just believe you. Or they may read your past rants and conclude that you're full of .

But you go ahead and blame Archie. You seem to get more satisfaction out of that than trying to fix your problems.

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post
I am going to post something here that I noticed from howards post.

Ok so lets say just for arguments sake that the engine was perfect! it ran perfect. It drove perfect. It made good power

What I dont' like is how it took him 10 weeks to mail it. This is of course according to Howard and I doubt he would lie about something like that.

Why would it take 10 weeks to ship the motor? Why would Archie say its beens hipped when it hasn't?

Look if the product you are trying to sell is not ready to be sold then dont' sell it. Dont' sell it to someone and say its going to be delivered on the next day and then wait 9 more weeks to do it.

thats just poor business practice right there.

At least be honest. If it wasnt' ready to be shipped then say it wasnt' ready. Thats all you needed to do.

this goes for all vendors and private sellers as well.

SH

------------------
JM / SH

Pick up the bone phone Fred Flinstone and call George Jetson. Get Cable, DSL, or something....
Opinions are like ‘The Punisher” everyone has one ™

WarDog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarDogSend a Private Message to WarDogDirect Link to This Post

Read it. It's all true.

Facts haven't changed.

Archie is still a liar and a fraud.

Sometimes I still go back and read it to remember who doesn't have character.

And it's not about satisfaction, it's about preventing archie from doing the same to someone else.

I went back and read the originall post, I just do not see how Archie ripped you off. I do see that all Archie did was remove and ship the motor. I would think that you are bashing the wrong person.
If you sold someone a used computer,and had someone else ship it, and once the computer was recieved, the computer was junk. Would it be fair to blame the one who shiped it or you?
Obviously you are barking up the wrong tree.

[This message has been edited by WarDog (edited 09-26-2004).]

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:

I am going to post something here that I noticed from howards post.

Ok so lets say just for arguments sake that the engine was perfect! it ran perfect. It drove perfect. It made good power

What I dont' like is how it took him 10 weeks to mail it. This is of course according to Howard and I doubt he would lie about something like that.

Why would it take 10 weeks to ship the motor? Why would Archie say its beens hipped when it hasn't?

Look if the product you are trying to sell is not ready to be sold then dont' sell it. Dont' sell it to someone and say its going to be delivered on the next day and then wait 9 more weeks to do it.

At least be honest. If it wasnt' ready to be shipped then say it wasnt' ready. Thats all you needed to do.

this goes for all vendors and private sellers as well.

SH

Well, in Archie's first post in the original thread, he says "The engine was shipped within one week of Bob telling me that your payment process to him had been completed."

Maybe it did take 10 weeks for Howard to receive it, but according to Archie, he waited until the seller informed him that payment had been received. If that's true, one week isn't excessive to ship an engine. Granted, it's not next day, but it's not an unreasonable amount of time either.

Howard's brought this issue up so many times, but I've never understood what his beef with Archie was. OK, Howard feels he didn't get what he wanted, but it wasn't Archie hadn't rebuilt the thing, wasn't selling it, and wasn't guaranteeing it. He shipped it, but for some reason in Howard's mind, that makes the engine's problems Archies fault

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 09-26-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

SH

Hey dumb butt read the thread that was linked above......... the engine was shipped when the actual seller told me the transaction was complete.

But then who would ever expect you to consider reading anything that might interfere with you trying to slam someone?

Archie

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
NO. Archie posted it for sale as an agent and an expert. Archie took calls about it as an agent and an expert(and did expert actions such as reading spark plugs). Archie shipped it as an agent.

I wouldnt have bought the engine had I known archies true colors.

Maybe me posting this will stop archie from commiting fraud again in the future or at the least, let others know that archie is either incompetant or a fraud.

Keep in mind I posted the original thread while still trying to diagnose the engine.

Originally posted by WarDog:

I went back and read the originall post, I just do not see how Archie ripped you off. I do see that all Archie did was remove and ship the motor. I would think that you are bashing the wrong person.
If you sold someone a used computer,and had someone else ship it, and once the computer was recieved, the computer was junk. Would it be fair to blame the one who shiped it or you?
Obviously you are barking up the wrong tree.

PFF
System Bot
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Archie did not say once to me that the reason it was not shipped was due to not recieving a payment, but this wouldnt be the first time archie has lied.

Originally posted by GT86:

but according to Archie, he waited until the seller informed him that payment had been received. If that's true, one week isn't excessive to ship an engine. Granted, it's not next day, but it's not an unreasonable amount of time either.

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

NO. Archie posted it for sale as an agent and an expert. Archie took calls about it as an agent and an expert(and did expert actions such as reading spark plugs).

He goes by V8Archie, not V6Archie. I've never seen a thread where he claims to be a V6 or turbo expert. And reading sparkplugs hardly qualifies someone as an expert. You're really grasping at straws here, aren't you Howard?

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

GT86

5203 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Archie did not say once to me that the reason it was not shipped was due to not recieving a payment, but this wouldnt be the first time archie has lied.

How long did it take for the seller to receive payment? Did you have any cnversations with him as to what was causing the delay?

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Get a life, Howie.......you're beating a dead horse. You've been proven stupid so many times about this yet you keep it up.

Give it a rest. You didn't understand then, and you don't (and never will apparently) understand now. You're wasting bandwith.

Go play with Bookster.

Mark

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Not really. Youd think V8 archie would know what a good running motor felt and sounded like and looked like.

Dont forget he drove the thing.

He goes by V8Archie, not V6Archie. I've never seen a thread where he claims to be a V6 or turbo expert. And reading sparkplugs hardly qualifies someone as an expert. You're really grasping at straws here, aren't you Howard?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

NO. Archie posted it for sale as an agent and an expert. Archie took calls about it as an agent and an expert(and did expert actions such as reading spark plugs). Archie shipped it as an agent.

Maybe me posting this will stop archie from commiting fraud again in the future or at the least, let others know that archie is either incompetant or a fraud.

Keep in mind I posted the original thread while still trying to diagnose the engine.

You know Howard, if you keep bringing this up every 6 months & reargueing it every time maybe someday you'll be done crying. Your 1st post in the above thread contradicts what you say now.

V8 Archie and Rgeeinc ripped me off about a year ago. They sold me a lame engine that was advertised as being built by a "famous" Hot Rod magazine recognized John Anderson. Archie claimed he drove it around and it ran good. Had many miles of life left. blah blah blah.

Archie

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Not really. Youd think V8 archie would know what a good running motor felt and sounded like and looked like.

Dont forget he drove the thing.

Ever bought a car that ran great on a test drive but had all sorts of problems down the road? Taking a car for a spin does not make you an expert of the condition of it's mechanicals. And saying an engines ran good and sounded good is far from a comprehensive inspection. If Archie had claimed to have given the engine a through going-over, I could see some of your beef. But even you admit that he never made such a claim.

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 09-26-2004).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post

Hey dumb butt read the thread that was linked above......... the engine was shipped when the actual seller told me the transaction was complete.

But then who would ever expect you to consider reading anything that might interfere with you trying to slam someone?

Archie

Reverting to name calling. What every respectable businessman does!

So it took the actual seller 10 weeks to get back to you that it was sold after Howard paid the guy? Possible? Yes. do I buy it? No

So is Howard lieing then about you telling him that is was shipped when it really wasn't? Did that actually happen? did you ever tell Howard that it had shipped when it really hadn't? Simple question really.

And you would think that with you having all this extra time to take the engine out you could have done a better job. But what the hell does this "dumb butt" know? Yea I know you are going to say it so save your breathe.

And I am not slamming you. Quit being sssssssso sssssensssssssitive.

SH

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
It didnt take very long for the money to go through, but Im talking two months from when they had the money. I can dig up the original records but for what?

I probably didnt speak with rgeeinc once i knew he had the money. I was speaking with archie who was shippping it and he did not tell me of any problems.

How long did it take for the seller to receive payment? Did you have any cnversations with him as to what was causing the delay?

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Hey Howie, Isn't it amazing how someone else who has only been on the forum for a few months can read the old thread and STILL realize YOU DIDN"T BUY THE ENGINE FROM ARCHIE! In the original thread the person who you bought the engine from even stated that all Archie did was ship the engine when HE told Archie. Read the 2nd page of the archived thread and the post by rgeeinc
He is the one who sold you the engine!

PFF
System Bot
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
How so?

Your 1st post in the above thread contradicts what you say now.
Archie

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
the engine didnt make power over 3k. Pretty simple to determine.

Ever bought a car that ran great on a test drive but had all sorts of problems down the road? Taking a car for a spin does not make you an expert of the condition of it's mechanicals. And saying an engines ran good and sounded good is far from a comprehensive inspection. If Archie had claimed to have given the engine a through going-over, I could see some of your beef. But even you admit that he never made such a claim.

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Get a life, Howie.......you're beating a dead horse. You've been proven stupid so many times about this yet you keep it up.

Give it a rest. You didn't understand then, and you don't (and never will apparently) understand now. You're wasting bandwith.

Mark

Not to be a dick firefox as we see eye to eye on many things here. But it was archie who brought Howards name up in this thread first. Just something I noticed. I am sure if someone mentioned your name in a post you would be drawn to it as well no? I know I would be.

sH

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Archie posted it for sale. Archie took questions on it. Archie even shipped it.

What dont you get?

You think I dropped 2k just to be able to give Archie a hard time. He sold something even if for someone else that he had to have known was not as advertised.

Why did Archie post it and not Rgeeinc? To provide credibility.

Originally posted by Oreif:

Hey Howie, Isn't it amazing how someone else who has only been on the forum for a few months can read the old thread and STILL realize YOU DIDN"T BUY THE ENGINE FROM ARCHIE! In the original thread the person who you bought the engine from even stated that all Archie did was ship the engine when HE told Archie. Read the 2nd page of the archived thread and the post by rgeeinc
He is the one who sold you the engine!

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

the engine didnt make power over 3k. Pretty simple to determine.

And because it wasn't running when you finally got it installed, that means it didn't work well when Archie drove it?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I paid that much for something and it didn't live up to my expectations. But it seems like you should have dealt with the SELLER, not the SHIPPER.

I probably didnt speak with rgeeinc once i knew he had the money.

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Archie was the seller. He posted it for sale. Took questions on it. Hey, he even listed the price!

I wouldnt have bought the engine from Joe unknown. I bought it from the famous V8 Archie.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I paid that much for something and it didn't live up to my expectations. But it seems like you should have dealt with the SELLER, not the SHIPPER.

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Actually I think the valve springs prove otherwise.

And because it wasn't running when you finally got it installed, that means it didn't work well when Archie drove it?

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Actually I think the valve springs prove otherwise.

When Rockcrawl got the motor running, we could not make any power. After 5k miles of driving/tuning and poor quartermile times, I decided to take the turbo off and get the motor under control NA. It was a built 2.9 with 9.5:1 compression so it should have been able to run NA.

I could NOT make power over 3k without the turbo. I spoke with some people and tried with a stock PROM and stock injectors and stock everything and still no power over 3k.

I took the motor out.

Rockcrawl later got the heads on his bench. They were stock unported castings.

but most surprising the valve springs on this rebuilt motor appeared to be stock. Why is this important? The had rates varying between 60#s and 120#s. Can you say valve float?

Howard, read what you wrote. After 5k miles of driving by you, (including quarter mile runs, not exactly easy on the engine), the valve springs had issues. Again, how is that Archie's fault? Did he ever claim to have the heads sitting on his workbench for inspection?

jtrainer10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jtrainer10Send a Private Message to jtrainer10Direct Link to This Post
All I can say about V8Archie is that he stands behind his product. He answered all my questions about his V8 conversion and I had him install one in my Fiero. He even picked up my car in Detroit when we couldn't resolve the problem over the phone. Now that is service. He never lied to me about anything and always called me back if he was busy. Would I recommend V8Archie to someone, or have him do more work for me? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!! Archie, keep up the good work. Thanks, Joe
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I can attest to that. I bought my yellow Formula out of San Diego earlier this year. Before I flew down there, I asked my friend Larry Hughes, president of the San Diego club, to check it out for me. He looked it over, drove it, and gave me a good report. I flew down, drove the car, inspected it, and bought it. By the time I got it home, the (auto) tranny was slipping, and the engine had some sort of clatter (either valve problems or a marginal rod).

So, even if you do all your homework, and do everything right, you can still get hosed on an drive train. It happens. In all fairness to Archie, he could have drove it and it may have run just fine. Besides, I know rgeeinc, he's never given me the impression that he's dishonest. So, who knows what went wrong?

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i KNOW im gonna get at least 2 -'s for this but maybe Bookster and Howard can work at this Fiero engine swap shop together?!?!
they could sit and talk about the man the wish they were through the wee hours of the night.
-Bobadoo
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Not to be a dick firefox as we see eye to eye on many things here. But it was archie who brought Howards name up in this thread first. Just something I noticed. I am sure if someone mentioned your name in a post you would be drawn to it as well no? I know I would be.

sH

I understand where you are coming from....

You have a PM

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Archie was the seller. He posted it for sale. Took questions on it. Hey, he even listed the price!

I wouldnt have bought the engine from Joe unknown. I bought it from the famous V8 Archie.

Actually in the original Mall thread, Archie posted he was posting it for his customer and that all he knew was it was a 3.1L turbo V-6 and the customer just drove from California to Illinois. He also stated he rode in the car and it seemed to run fine as well as he knows nothing of V-6's since he doesn't work on them.

So by what your saying is if I post something for sale in the mall for a local Fiero friend, I have to warranty the item?
Who did you send the money to? Archie or Bob? From the archived thread, You stated you sent the money to Bob.
Oh well, It's been 3 years since you started theis B.S. I guess by now you have convinced yourself it had to be Archie's fault and not the guy who owned the engine and who you sent teh money too.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

i KNOW im gonna get at least 2 -'s for this but maybe Bookster and Howard can work at this Fiero engine swap shop together?!?!
they could sit and talk about the man the wish they were through the wee hours of the night.
-Bobadoo

Actually Bookster could do the swaps, Howie could do the suspensions, (He has a 20 year old Honda that can take cloverleafs at 100mph!) and Masterbaiter could supply all the facts and advertise where he's going to show off the vehicles after the swaps are done.
I'm still waiting to see the twin engine CRX Bookster is building and MB's 4.9L Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-27-2004).]

InDeX420

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InDeX420Click Here to visit InDeX420's HomePageSend a Private Message to InDeX420Direct Link to This Post

Reverting to name calling. What every respectable businessman does!

So it took the actual seller 10 weeks to get back to you that it was sold after Howard paid the guy? Possible? Yes. do I buy it? No

So is Howard lieing then about you telling him that is was shipped when it really wasn't? Did that actually happen? did you ever tell Howard that it had shipped when it really hadn't? Simple question really.

And you would think that with you having all this extra time to take the engine out you could have done a better job. But what the hell does this "dumb butt" know? Yea I know you are going to say it so save your breathe.

And I am not slamming you. Quit being sssssssso sssssensssssssitive.

SH

Damn your annoying...whats this have to do with you again??

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I can attest to that. I bought my yellow Formula out of San Diego earlier this year. Before I flew down there, I asked my friend Larry Hughes, president of the San Diego club, to check it out for me. He looked it over, drove it, and gave me a good report. I flew down, drove the car, inspected it, and bought it. By the time I got it home, the (auto) tranny was slipping, and the engine had some sort of clatter (either valve problems or a marginal rod).

So, even if you do all your homework, and do everything right, you can still get hosed on an drive train. It happens. In all fairness to Archie, he could have drove it and it may have run just fine. Besides, I know rgeeinc, he's never given me the impression that he's dishonest. So, who knows what went wrong?

Hey bear! Maybe you have recourse here! According to Howard's logic, Larry ripped you off! He said it was okay! hahah
Just teasing of course.. The seller is still the seller... Someone who 'checks it out' (or ships it) isn't responsible for a warranty obviously...

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
howard, why didnt you take him to claims court? you snooze you loose, thats business.... wow ive been saying that alot lately eh archie?

[This message has been edited by rmphoto (edited 09-27-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bookster:
Greg Westlake
6313 w canyon av.
littleton colo 80128
phone 7204220164

Well here's a surprise, I've searched my files at the shop for each line of the above address & phone number & guess what?
No one named Greg Westlake has ever ordered anything from me.
No one with a Billing or shipping address of 6313 w canyon ave. Has ever ordered anything from me.
I have never taken an order from or shipped to anyone in littleton colo 80128.
A search of all files for a phone number of 7204220164 turns up nothing.

I also searched deposit records and in 2003 no one from Colorado purchased anything with Money Orders of any kind.

NOW, I'll call on the whole thing.

Archie

fieroz34tdc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroz34tdcSend a Private Message to fieroz34tdcDirect Link to This Post
ok is this a pi$$ing match
what is with all the bashing here?
New at This so dont kill me right away
just the facts please
is this a cool site or shall we just call it a pissing site.
Talk fiero not if archie or any one hurts you.
Oh and what is this rate member stuff
you have a following you can kick some one off.
or keep them even if they are an a$$.
fill me in.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock