Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone Had Problems with Archie? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone Had Problems with Archie? by eatoninside
Started on: 09-23-2004 04:47 PM
Replies: 110
Last post by: SNMFX on 10-05-2004 08:23 PM
eatoninside

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eatoninsideSend a Private Message to eatoninsideDirect Link to This Post
Like the topic says, anyone had problems with getting things from Archie? I ordered a kit from him on August 24th, and he said it would ship out on the 26th. My credit card was charged on the 25th. Well, on the 16th of September I called him to see where the kit was, as I had not recieved it. He told me he was out driving a car and to call back in 10 minutes or so. I called back and asked for a tracking number, he told me he was too busy and he had grease on his hands, but told me the kit was shipped on the 13th or 14th. I called him again on the 22nd to get a tracking number because I STILL hadn't gotten the kit. He told me that he was busy driving a car, and to call him back in 1-1 1/2 hours. I did, and he told me he was very busy and not near his book with the tracking number in it. He then told me to call back again. At this point I told him just to email the number to me and he said he'd send it to me that night. I even sent him an email to remind him. However, it is the 23rd and I have recieved no email, no V8 kit, and no tracking number. I'm really beginning to think he has not shipped the kit out because he won't give me a tracking number and everytime I call he says he is too busy. However, I have been in a few topics today and have seen that he has posted numerous times in the last few days, so he couldn't be so busy that he can't help out a paying customer.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Well that doesn't sound right. If his hands are clean enough to type he can look up a tracking number... I am currently waiting for something from Archie, its been about 5 months and I havn't activly pursued it but I'd expect to get something I've ordered promptly, even if its just a $60 item. I've just been going through e-mail and he has been replying to them, still waiting. Next step is a phonecall. I expect my ratings bar will show up shortly...

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 09-23-2004).]

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Be aware that ordering custom parts or kits can take 2 to 3 months.Due to the high volume of customers,and the quality involved.My KFG exhaust manifolds took a little over 3 1/2 months,but the quality is good.Expect a longer delay when ordering closer to Christmas (snow and rain can cause further delays).I haven't heard any complaints.Every thing that Ive heard has always been good.The vendor who supplies the parts may be out or delayed.Remember that a huricane has hit Florida more than once and could have easily wiped out a parts supplier.Hope Archie isn't located in Florida.Give Archie a break,Im sure you'll get your parts.
The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherDirect Link to This Post
Whats with people sticking up for deadbeat Vendors. It's a Business and unless you provide a reason before purchase that the item will be delayed there is no reason for this. Custom parts or not... Archie told him it would be shipped and it wasn't. The guy keeps getting the BS Runaround. My Hands are dirty?? how cheesy is that

------------------
JM / SH

Pick up the bone phone Fred Flinstone and call George Jetson. Get Cable, DSL, or something....
Opinions are like ‘The Punisher” everyone has one ™

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
No problem here.

Question(s): Did you PM him? It might be better to try and resolve it on a one-to-one basis?

eatoninside

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eatoninsideSend a Private Message to eatoninsideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

No problem here.

Question(s): Did you PM him? It might be better to try and resolve it on a one-to-one basis?

I have called and spoke with him several times. He always tells me he is too busy at the moment and that I should call back later, which I do, and he still tells me he is busy or something. I have sent him emails too, and he won't reply to them.

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Dont tread on the demigod known as Archie or your "popularity bar" will look like mine

------------------
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
why is it that whenever something bad goes wrong with WCF or another vendor its open season on em in plain view of the public... but when its Archie we have to use PM's to resolve it quietly... oh well ive never dealt with Archie but im sure his stuff is great and would love to purchase some of it... but the bank account says negator...

P.S. WCF has some great service despite what people think. The rectangular tips they make are great and Anthony was very dilligent in gettin my details and shipping info and communicating with me on whats going on. Thanks again.

------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eatoninside:

Like the topic says, anyone had problems with getting things from Archie? I ordered a kit from him on August 24th, and he said it would ship out on the 26th. My credit card was charged on the 25th. Well, on the 16th of September I called him to see where the kit was, as I had not recieved it. He told me he was out driving a car and to call back in 10 minutes or so. I called back and asked for a tracking number, he told me he was too busy and he had grease on his hands, but told me the kit was shipped on the 13th or 14th. I called him again on the 22nd to get a tracking number because I STILL hadn't gotten the kit. He told me that he was busy driving a car, and to call him back in 1-1 1/2 hours. I did, and he told me he was very busy and not near his book with the tracking number in it. He then told me to call back again. At this point I told him just to email the number to me and he said he'd send it to me that night. I even sent him an email to remind him. However, it is the 23rd and I have recieved no email, no V8 kit, and no tracking number. I'm really beginning to think he has not shipped the kit out because he won't give me a tracking number and everytime I call he says he is too busy. However, I have been in a few topics today and have seen that he has posted numerous times in the last few days, so he couldn't be so busy that he can't help out a paying customer.

You've had the worst luck in the world, virtually everytime you've called me I've been on the road or greased up to where I can't get to my records & I've had to tell you to call back etc. I'm sorry about that. There are people on here that think I don't do anything in the shop, then someone comes along and catches me with dirty hands a couple of times in as many days & it looks like I'm dissing them off. A couple of times you called was when I was driving to & from Detroit to take care of a customer & his car. I try to forward my shop phone to my cell phone when I'm out of town. Most everyone knows that I've been having a lot of trouble with my left shoulder. Driving a full size pickup & pulling a 24' trailer thru Chicago & Detroit traffic one handed makes talking on the phone quite difficult. So if you felt I was trying to get off the phone it was because I was. Sorry about that too. The other time you called when I was driving the car. I was test driving the LS1 car & I wasn't anywhere near my records (I was in the car).

You've sent 2 EMails in the last 2 days & I responded to yesterdays' & was about to follow it up with one today but I'll just include that info below. The just of those responses are as follows:
August 24th was a pretty rough day here, 14 different people ordered parts that day & I made at least a couple of delivery comments that I couldn't keep just due to the unexpected volume that day & week. When I ran your C.Card thru the machine the approval came back with a N which means that the address I was shipping to was not the same address as the billing address for the C.Card. In those cases I usually hesitate shipping for a week or so until the C.C. clears. That happens a lot & it usually is not a big deal. When you called a week or so later, during one of my Detroit trips I had stated that I was sure the stuff had shipped. I talked to you a few days ago & said that I would EMail tracking numbers. I brought my paperwork home with me and set about looking up tracking numbers. You had bought your kit on EBay IIRC, & then ordered parts to complete what the EBay kit didn't have. Two days before your order a guy out of MT named C. Krupa had ordered a Master-Build kit. I checked my records & his stuff did ship on 9-11-04. I'm thinking that up until a day ago I had the 2 of you confused all along.

Anyway, tonights EMail was going to give you 2 tracking numbers and let you know that the other 2 boxes will go out Monday. I'll be on the road tomorrow to go pickup radiators, some other parts & a car I just bought. The Radiator & a few other parts will be in the boxes going out Monday.

I'll PM the tracking numbers.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by crzyone:

Well that doesn't sound right. If his hands are clean enough to type he can look up a tracking number... I am currently waiting for something from Archie, its been about 5 months and I havn't activly pursued it but I'd expect to get something I've ordered promptly, even if its just a $60 item. I've just been going through e-mail and he has been replying to them, still waiting. Next step is a phonecall. I expect my ratings bar will show up shortly...

I'm going to just do a refund for you.

Your original order had your address as Whitecourt AB 712 Canada, I mailed that thing and it came back saying that the 712 on your address was a incorrect postal code. Then I sent you an email asking for your postal code & I addressed the next one "Whitecourt Alberta 712" "Canada T7S-1H2" But I did have the correct postal code on there on the next line but it came back again for the same reason. It's still laying in the 2nd box on the floor in my office, so screw it.

Archie

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
well alrighty then.it sounds like it might all be settled.
I hate to see people not communicating.
I ship parts and computer stuff and i do my damn best but sometimes things get skrewed up.It has made me a more patient and understanding customer.

I been calling WCF a number of times this week and they are swamped.Anthony called me back after hours to take my order and got 3 calls while we was on the phone.Things get busy with small businesses and then next month it will be dead.Hard to plan for.

Anybody that thinks a vender like archie or WCF or any other is purposely being dyckwads needs to think about how small our community is.They would not do anything intentionally stupid.
Another thing i have realized is nobody ever says jack about the other 300 orders that went perfect without a hitch.Nature of the business i guess.

------------------
PLAY HARD-DIE FAST And folks always remember to eat before driving on the coast.If you fly off the cliff and no one finds you the only thing worse than knowing you are going to bleed to death alone is to do it hungry.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 09-23-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Another thing i have realized is nobody ever says jack about the other 300 orders that went perfect without a hitch.Nature of the business i guess.

I usually comment when I order things from vendors listed on here when it's a good transaction.
Threads like this are actually good. Someone had a problem and the business addressed it and it looks like it has been settled.
It's the ones where someone has a complaint and the business doesn't respond and it never gets settled that makes me avoid that business.
Every business does have the occasional problem or the occasional wacky customer, (Not a reflection of anyone in this thread. Just going by past threads from others businesses and customers I've seen.) But if they can settle it out, That shows customer service side of the business is working.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Archie, no hard feelings. I knew about the wrong mailing address the first time, thank you for the clarification.

Thanks!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

Archie, no hard feelings. I knew about the wrong mailing address the first time, thank you for the clarification.

Thanks!

No problem

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Archie..
I did'nt know you really worked... I was under the influence from reading here on the forum that you were like the boss on "American HotRod"... Glad to see that I was told wrong!!

If I could afford you, I would have "SmoothGT" in your shop without ANY hesitation!
ALL vendors should step up to the plate as fast as you do to resolve issues!!
Great Job Archie!!

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

eatoninside

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eatoninsideSend a Private Message to eatoninsideDirect Link to This Post
Archie, thanks for posting! I feel much better now. No hard feelings towards you were intended by this topic, by the way. I was just kind of getting all worked up and anxious to get the kit because my car has been taking up a hoist in the shop for a month now (I can't move it because the cradle has been dropped and taken apart) and the shop foreman has been bugging me to get it out of the shop.
MaxCubes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxCubesSend a Private Message to MaxCubesDirect Link to This Post
Hey its not easy running a business. I own a repair garage with a couple of employees, and even I don't always have time to answer the damn phone. I guess I could hire a secretary to do all the office work, but then I would have to charge much more to make ends meet.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Glad everyone is happy... group hug

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MaxCubes:

Hey its not easy running a business. I own a repair garage with a couple of employees, and even I don't always have time to answer the damn phone. I guess I could hire a secretary to do all the office work, but then I would have to charge much more to make ends meet.

The other problem with having a secretary is that if She/He doesn't know every little technical thing about building a SBC Fiero, then I end up on the phone with 95% of the callers anyway. So I might as well answer the phone myself in the 1st place.

Archie

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
No.

------------------

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
I agree that this kind of post is often a good thing. Clears the air for those involved, and gives new customers a second look. Even with problems it seems that a post/call/email got made to try to sort things out, unlike some other vendors.

Also maybe vendors could post more often explaining the 'perfect' ordering procedure. This would speed up transactions on both sides. While the buyer is worrying about getting his stuff, the vendor is worrying about losing his I'm sure the average guys has no idea how easy it is for a business to lose some expensive inventory to fraud of one kind or another. Use a credit card and you can usually recover any money lost. Send some expensive parts to some guy using a fake/stolen card and it's bye-bye parts.

Archie, maybe you need a headset phone so you can talk while you work. That way you can cuss the guy out and explain it's only that dang bolt that won't give up.

My hat's off to anyone who puts the butt on the line and runs their own business. Especially doing something we all love. No one will ever satisfy every customer, so I don't get all bent out of shape with the odd problem. It's when every customer has a problem.

PFF
System Bot
RGBaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RGBakerSend a Private Message to RGBakerDirect Link to This Post
OK, we've confirmed that Archie is a great guy & a treasure in our community ...

Now for the real issue -- what's wrong with the postal code? A check of T7S 1H2 pulls up a bunch of Whitecourt addresses on Athabasca & Virginia -- Canada Post has long insisted that with the name & the postal code mail is deliverable ... my own experience is the name of the street can be wrong, the city can be mis-spelled, the province missing -- but the right postal code gets it there every time.

Am I following this right -- USPS didn't recognize a Canadian postal code on an envelope?

Cheers,
GB

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad it works for you Geoff, I'm at about 75% with Canada Post. They lose it, deliver it down the road. or throw it in the ditch along the route somewhere. I wouldn't trust them with anything that wasn't already considered lost.

Beside after rehiring all those guys who were caught stealing, I have absolutely no use for the whole bunch of them.

v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post
So, So true!!! Just about everytime I have sent something to Canada, it either gets there late, gets lost, or gets sent back to me saying the address doesn't exsist.
bookster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for booksterClick Here to visit bookster's HomePageSend a Private Message to booksterDirect Link to This Post
hell yeah
you ever get email from him you ever get a phone call from him
you ever get the run around from him
well to the last one hell yes
will he sell you a part wwhen you need it bad no!!!!!
took me a year 1 failed 3.4dohc engine and a ton of
searching to find a god send street dreams baby all the way
screw archie
bookster

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for booksterClick Here to visit bookster's HomePageSend a Private Message to booksterDirect Link to This Post

bookster

124 posts
Member since Jun 2002
oh well lets see if Archie will fix our problem
I bought paid for via us postal money order
sent it off listed just exactly what I needed
1 month went by then 2 then 3 no email answers
never had time to talk to me
I bought a full sbc kit all the extras
I bet I sent 200 emails and at least 50 phone calls
buy the time I was so pissed off I went to post office
for a resolution and the money order but after 90 days your screwed
so here I sit 18 months later out a hole lot of cash
pissed off every time I see his name in a post
I say we boot me or archie till he pulls his head out his ass and live up to his reputation of being fair. yeah right take responsibility for pure and straight theft

Street dreams had my kit to me in 1 week at half the price
yeah archie you are a thief
oh my name
Greg Westlake
6313 w canyon av. littleton colo 80128
phone 7204220164
any one have a problem with me
deal with it I am sorry to ofend anyone but archie
the rest of you make your judgment for your self
I have had the phone and address for 5 years
so no archie you didn't loose me in a crack some where you stole money from me
I live with it and hate it
can you live with your self
oh and I have sold here with rave reviews
I ship in less than a day I care that I have a happy customers
I don't pass judgment untill I get screwed

[This message has been edited by bookster (edited 09-30-2004).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
To answer the original question, NO I have never had a problem with Archie! He always took the time to talk/explain things to me, sent parts very quickly, provided service after the sale through phone and email, and instant message. He has spent over an hour at a time with me on his HOME phone as well. One of my friends that lives in rural Colorado that used his kit to build a Lambo, has had the same results with Archie, so my experience is definitely not unique.
I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

------------------

gdjetski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gdjetskiSend a Private Message to gdjetskiDirect Link to This Post
I hope Scott Kovalik AKA DKOV can do the same thing like Archie did: tracking number or proof of some things or refund, I order parts from him and paid at April he said I need to wait for few week for him get all the parts ready then he got computer problem and family lost.....ext then he said he sent the package away around May but untill today I still no recived any things he told me he already clam the refund from USPS but he can't post the document or send it to me never answer the phone now even not reply my e-mail or post on othere fourm Bad Bad costumer service
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bookster:

I say we boot me or archie till he pulls his head out his ass and live up to his reputation of being fair. yeah right take responsibility for pure and straight theft

oh my name
Greg Westlake
phone 7204220164
I don't pass judgment untill I get screwed so screw you archie

Dude, you need to learn how to use punctuation marks... reading that was like reading something my 8 year-old would write....
I think if all what you said was true, then i think you would have started your own "Kick Archie in the nuts thread"...
Oh, so you know... ! ? . ,<------ Those are punctuation marks...lol USE THEM!

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

The Cost for the Stick Shift Master Build Kit Is $ 3250.00
The Cost for the Automatic Master Build Kit Is $ 2950.00

You sent a money order for that amount and didn’t get a signature for delivery?
The post office told you they would not help you? That’s a large amount of money I am sure they can tell if it has been cashed, for that amount my foot would be up someone’s ass at the USPS till I found out if it had been cashed.

Money orders keep your money safe. If your money order is lost or stolen, you can have it replaced.

Replacement of Lost or Stolen Money Orders
To replace a lost or stolen money order, a customer will need to fill our Form 6401 at a Post office and pay a fee of $3.00. After the USPS completes a payment inquiry on the status of the money order, a replacement can be issued.

Have a question? Contact Money Order Inquiries. HelpDeskAccounting-St.LouisMO@email.usps.gov

Missing Money Order List
The Postal Service™ maintains a frequently-updated list of missing money orders. If your money order is lost or stolen, you can have it added to the list. If you suspect you have found or been given a lost or stolen money order, you can check this list online, and contact the United States Postal Inspection Service™.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 09-25-2004).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
A club member here ordered the 'master build kit' It was shipped out in peices, and all archie had to say was "well most people like to do it in steps" and "I can't talk now I'm driving" and the "compleate exhaust" just has some bent pipes that still have to ALL be welded together. For that kind of money it could have all been made by a local shop.
So after $3000 he still has to go pay more to someone else to have it welded together.
Bad customer service.
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I was one of those who ordered a kit on August 24. Kit arrived September 9th. With all his (aparent) workload I'm impressed that he could answer the phone 4 out of 5 times I called him so far. I guess that call forwarding really helps. I agree that it is better to talk to him rather and a secretary.

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

oh my name
Greg Westlake
phone 7204220164
I don't pass judgment untill I get screwed so screw you archie

To start out with I agree with other posts, that the Money Order story sounds kinda funky.

I have my bookeeping program here at home on my PC & it goes back 10 years. I've searched all 10 years and there is only one "Westlake" He was from Florida He bought an Economy kit back in Sept. 2002 & paid for it with a Credit Card. You mention that this supposedly happened 18 months ago, that would make it in the Spring of 2003. My bookeeping program doesn't allow searching by City, State or Zip Code, so I went thru all 334 Invoices I wrote in 2003. Only 4 of those invoices were ordered from or shipped to CO & only one of those was for a V-8 kit. All 4 of those invoices were paid for via Credit Card.

Many people here know that I keep all old EMail that has anything to do with Fieros. Right now in various folder seperated by years & going back to January 1997 I have over 47,000 EMails. I've done several searches of those folders for clues as to what is going on here. Here are someof the results of those searches:

Searching for your EMail addy Bookster2771 Found 4 EMails in April 2002, none of them support your current position. I didn't answer any of those EMails because they were all a bit flakey with bad punctuation & spelling.

Searching for your Bookster in text of messages found nothing.

Searching for Westlake in the text of all 47000 messages I found 2 additional EMails but NONE of them was from you. One was from 1998 inviting me to a show in TX at a Mall called Westlakes & the other was from someone in Westlake Village, CA requestin info in 2001.

Searching for Littleton in the text of messages Found 12 messages in 1997, 1998 & 1999 NONE of them were from you, most of them were from a customer who's last name was Littleton.

Maybe you ordered under a different Name or Company name from a different address & on a different date then you describe. If you want to supply alternate information, I can search based on that info.

When I get to the shop Monday I can search my UPS-Online shipping software by State & Zip Code.

However as far as your claim of sending 200 EMails, I can say for sure that's

If you would like to provide proof of some of those 200 EMails we would be happy to look at it.

I've searched all of 2003 & As far as ordering from CO some 18 months ago, That's also

If you want to supply more specific info, I'll search it out also.

It's hard to Dis-prove something that didn't happen. It's going to be up to you to provide some information to support your accusations.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

A club member here ordered the 'master build kit' It was shipped out in peices, and all archie had to say was "well most people like to do it in steps" and "I can't talk now I'm driving" and the "compleate exhaust" just has some bent pipes that still have to ALL be welded together. For that kind of money it could have all been made by a local shop.
So after $3000 he still has to go pay more to someone else to have it welded together.
Bad customer service.

I'm not even going to try to address 2nd, 3rd., 4th party complaints nor am I going to deal with a 2nd party interpretation of what I said to someone.

If he wants to step up and speak for himself then fine, otherwise it's like chasing your tail.

Archie

Let's see, it's about time Howard shows up here isn't it?.

bookster

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for booksterClick Here to visit bookster's HomePageSend a Private Message to booksterDirect Link to This Post
Archie what is the problem?
Why do yo treat others with such contempt?
Are you getting this?
I am so sorry that you don't deal or shall I say Steal,
From those that may not spell or use proper punctuation.
Oh for heaven Sakes money Talks bull **** Walks.
I don't care what type of search you have done for emails.
I don't care that you ripped me off.
I care that you never sell or steal from anyone again.
I want you to take responsibility for your actions.
I permote a co. that cares for and delivers a product
in a timley manner. One that will Call the customer and ask
if everything is ok and can they help.
oh I see you dont care but for the money.
you go boy steal steal it will catch up with you.

http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/pricing.html
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/fiero.html
oh beat these prices, beat there service,
beat there product, oh thats right you cant.
and by the way they built the product way before you ever
started to building yours. Shall I say theft again.
Or do you have a deal to buy theres and package it yours with a 200% mark up?
just a thought, no one pointing fingers here.
Screw you archie.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
You've leveled some pretty serious charges. If they're true, you need to pursue them. You also need to give Archie some more information for him to clear this up. You bought (you say) a full SBC kit and paid for it with a USPS money order. Last I knew, that was WAY over the limit on the amount the USPS will write a money order for. You say you sent him 200 emails. That's easy enough to check, or you can just post a few or your copies with date and email address. At least send them to Archie so he knows who you are.

You're the accuser here. Every man has the right to face his accuser and clear his good name. Question is, do you have the guts to stand up and be a man about this or are you going to just slink away.

John Stricker

Are you getting this?

Screw you archie.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Well accoriding to the USPS website, You are lying about the postal money orders.
First, They have a limit of $1000.00 EACH so you would have needed to purchase multiple money orders.
Next, They are valid for an unlimited amout of time and can be reported as Damaged, Stolen or Lost.
They would also have to record your I.D. if you bought more than $3000.00 worth, The postal inspectors could verify that YOU purchased them and they can look up the money orders and see who cashed them.

If you don't believe it see this link:
http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/moneyorders/welcome.htm

Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office™ in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier. Postal Money Orders are available up to $1,000 with a daily limit of $10,000 per customer. Identification is required for money order purchases over $3000. Other features include:

Domestic Money Orders

Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check
Valid for an unlimited period
Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution
Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders

And here is what you need to do to get your money back:
http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm

Replacement of Lost or Stolen Money Orders
To replace a lost or stolen money order, a customer will need to fill our Form 6401 at a Post office and pay a fee of $3.00. After the USPS completes a payment inquiry on the status of the money order, a replacement can be issued.

If the USPS branch told you they had a 90 day limit, they lied to you and you can turn them in to the Postal Inspector.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-26-2004).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Are you getting this?

Screw you archie.

Hmmmm.......can't prove his accusations........can't give out proper information.........

Hey, Greg. Why can't you offer the specifics? You've been called on it by the one you've accused of lying, and can't respond. Way to go, there, Greg.........

Mark

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Am I the only one who thinks these posts read like an illiterate 8th grade punk trying to be a thug?
What company do you permote? [sic]

I hope your company's ad copy is more gramatically correct than your posts. I'm not trying to slam you. Poor grammar and spelling isn't always an indication of a lack of education or intelligence. English may be your second language, and you can always learn. But if you're supposed to be doing promotions for any company, a good, solid grasp of the language and printed word would be a prerequisite of employment.

You've called Archie out and he's tried to respond with the information he has. Now the burden of proof is on you. Either put up or shut up. If you take the time to construct coherent sentences, people will understand you better and may be able to help you out.

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Am I the only one who thinks these posts read like an illiterate 8th grade punk trying to be a thug?
What company do you promote?

I hope your company's ad copy is more gramatically correct than your posts. I'm not trying to slam you. Poor grammar and spelling isn't always an indication of a lack of education or intelligence. English may be your second language, and you can always learn. But if you're supposed to be doing promotions for any company, a good, solid grasp of the language and printed word would be a prerequisite of employment.

This is his 'company'.

http://hometown.aol.com/bookster2771/

He must do his own web pages.....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay