Started on: 07-04-2007 05:15 PM
Replies: 196 (5784 views)
Last post by: Mr.PBody on 10-29-2007 03:36 PM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Here is the text from our member application:

==================================

1. I attended 2 meetings or events.

2. I agree to show an interest in Fieros and be a positive benefit to the Golden Gate Fieros Club membership.
3. I will support our club mission and obey Golden Gate Fiero Club bylaws.
4. I understand that any inappropriate behavior, disruption of meetings or events, failing to get along with the group, and/or the unethical use or distribution of the club website, email addresses or member’s information, may result in having your membership revoked (this will include no refund of membership fees).

I don't have a copy of those regs, but basically we can decided what the criteria for membership entails. Basically, you have to attend a minimum number of meetings or events, be a "member in good standing" (or something like that), and be approved by a membership committee. I hope that clears things up.

I know this is off-topic, But I was just curious about something.

So let me see if I have this correct:

You have to attend at least two meetings/events and then be approved by a "membership committee" to be a member of the Golden Gate Fiero's car club???
What do you do for people who don't live in the State or even the Country who would like to share info or get club newsletters??

I'm curious because most of the Fiero and other car clubs (mostly in the midwest State's) that I belong to do not have such requirements. I am also a Director of our club (it's incorporated as well) and have never heard of the requirement that you have to attend meetings/events or membership commitee approval to be a member. We have members from different states and a few international members in our Fiero club that enjoy the newsletter and participate via Email but due to location are unable to participate in club gatherings.

Is this a "California Only" thing? Or is it the way you Incorporated the club?

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 07-06-2007).]

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hugh:

I agree with Formula88,a one week suspension of posting privilages seems appropriate,BUT(and that is a big but),how would he determine who would be suspended for argueing?Everyone who posted?The major combatants?How would he keep the system(if there was one) from being abused(such as 2 on 1)?A lot of questions would have to be answered first!

In that situation, you do just what the grade school teacher would do. Everyone gets a time-out. So, everyone who's posted in this thread is equally guilty - myself included.

Because anything less is someone trying to prove someone else is at fault. Maybe just deleting the thread entirely would serve the same purpose?
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems to me there are Caricature witness's here and not fighters as you make it sound. If people come in to show there distastes for the thread or tell about the persons past history on starting trouble it is not everyone arguing. Actually those trying to diagnose the problem and how it should be handle may be stepping into the gray area of stirring the pot as there trying to run the thread more than those voicing there "already" issues with a person.

It involves there dealings here and in the Fiero community. It also can not be handled by emails or PM's apparently and one person wanted to drag it out here and not let go so now that he is getting a lashing for his ignorance I feel it is fine and hopefully he learns but past postings have proven he likes to bang his head into the wall by stirring the pot allot.

Cliff handled it well and moved it here so if folks don't like it then don't read it or comment I would say. JMHO

Oh and +1 on the neighbor, It brought back many memories from way back before I got married and had kids and am not allowed to do that anymore. Memories are great. Rick
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
1 person doesn't make an argument. Perhaps everyone, including the GGF members involved in this thread, should go away? Maybe Cliff should do what a grade school teacher would do and put EVERYONE involved in the fight into time-out?

can we put ambfiero in the corner too?

Formula88 for president?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Oh dear god. And people ask me why my enthusiasm for Fieros has dampened.

No sh!t.
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was pretty gung ho after West Fest to get another Fiero and get back into it. In less then a week, Golden Gate has killed that.

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

It involves there dealings here and in the Fiero community. It also can not be handled by emails or PM's apparently and one person wanted to drag it out here and not let go so now that he is getting a lashing for his ignorance I feel it is fine and hopefully he learns but past postings have proven he likes to bang his head into the wall by stirring the pot allot.

Rick, are you talking about yourself in third person? Because that seems to be what you're doing here. You say I threatened you somehow. I asked how, then you said I was going to sue you. Over what? No answer, just more barely comprehensible bullshit from another "club president". Sh!t, it's no wonder Fiero clubs and Fiero events are dying out with people like you at the helm.
Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I was pretty gung ho after West Fest to get another Fiero and get back into it. In less then a week, Golden Gate has killed that.

Why? Why do you care what they think or do? Why do you want to hang out or associate with people who obviously don't want you around? I don't know any of the involved parties personally, but I find it very hard to believe that they're all involved in some type of cabal against you. Paranoid much?

You have proven time and time again on this board that you are antisocial. Your posts are often snide, condescending, insulting, or downright rude. That's the impression you make. You call it "Calling people out" or "Cutting through the BS" - I call it being an absolute azzhole. Do you think it's funny? It's insulting and crude. It's gradeschool behavior. Now, you'll come back with some "Link or ban" crap - stuff it. You link or ban - what positive contributions have you made to this communtity?

You can post in a normal thread and seem like an average human being, but if there's any way something can be construed to be about you - look out! Waaah - they don't like me! Mommeeeee - they won't let me in the clubhouse! Now you're going to push all their buttons and be the tough guy on the internet. Are you really this petty in real life? Is it really that hard to be the man and take the high road? Personally, I think you just like the drama - it's all about you. Sad, really. Go ahead, turn all that around to make you look like the innocent lamb, and everybody's out to get you. Grow the f*&^ up.

Give somebody a reason to like you. I haven't seen one yet.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:
I know this is off-topic, But I was just curious about something.

No problem, it's not really off topic. I don't mind helping to clear it up.

So let me see if I have this correct:

You have to attend at least two meetings/events and then be approved by a "membership committee" to be a member of the Golden Gate Fiero's car club???
What do you do for people who don't live in the State or even the Country who would like to share info or get club newsletters??

I assume that the club you are involved in is NIFE? Your club is different than ours in that you publish a VERY nice newsletter (hell, it's more like a magazine). That creates a widespread appeal. We do not publish a newsletter or magazine. We have in the past, and have decided that it wasn't really necessary. The internet takes care of all of our communication and information needs. We do have a Yahoo group that anyone can join and participate in discussions. It's a little like the Fiero List, and it works very well for our club. So there isn't much appeal for someone to join our club who doesn't live in the area. However, there is some regional appeal (Sacramento, Reno, etc), so that's why we include two "events", rather than just club meetings.

I'm curious because most of the Fiero and other car clubs (mostly in the midwest State's) that I belong to do not have such requirements. I am also a Director of our club (it's incorporated as well) and have never heard of the requirement that you have to attend meetings/events or membership commitee approval to be a member. We have members from different states and a few international members in our Fiero club that enjoy the newsletter and participate via Email but due to location are unable to participate in club gatherings.

Is this a "California Only" thing? Or is it the way you Incorporated the club?

I'm not the one that did the incorporation, so I don't know all the details. What I do know is that there is a requirement of Not-For-Profit corporations to have formal membership. That includes the requirement that there be a membership *criteria*. It is up to the organization to determine the requirements. Having to attend a certain number of events shows that the person is getting involved in club activities. I suppose we didn't *have* to make that requirement, but we wanted to see some participation from a perspective member.

We actually did just fine for over 5 years without formal membership. The only reason we reinstated it was the incorporation law.

As for Golden Gate Fieros, as a club, I can say this...I've been involved in numerous clubs, organizations and activities. Golden Gate is the most friendly, laid-back, easy-going, family-like group I've ever seen. We have a good bunch of people, we enjoy many events every year, our club meetings are fun...it's a great club. If that makes some of us concerned about protecting the organization, so be it. We won't let our club be disrupted by anyone who decides to stir things up just for fun. If you come to our club for fun, and want to get along, there will be no problem. If you come to stir up trouble, you will be dealt with accordingly. I hope you all can understand.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-06-2007).]

ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ryan, go get bent your just as big of a ass as whitedevil and formula88. Hey Cliff, close my account because this forum is full of bitc$'s and I have nothing more to post in Pennocks Romper Fiero Room. The problem is the fiero is very affordable and because of that you get a lot of ghetto ass people.

[This message has been edited by ambfiero (edited 07-06-2007).]

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gary W:

Why? Why do you care what they think or do? Why do you want to hang out or associate with people who obviously don't want you around? I don't know any of the involved parties personally, but I find it very hard to believe that they're all involved in some type of cabal against you. Paranoid much?

You have proven time and time again on this board that you are antisocial. Your posts are often snide, condescending, insulting, or downright rude. That's the impression you make. You call it "Calling people out" or "Cutting through the BS" - I call it being an absolute azzhole. Do you think it's funny? It's insulting and crude. It's gradeschool behavior. Now, you'll come back with some "Link or ban" crap - stuff it. You link or ban - what positive contributions have you made to this communtity?

You can post in a normal thread and seem like an average human being, but if there's any way something can be construed to be about you - look out! Waaah - they don't like me! Mommeeeee - they won't let me in the clubhouse! Now you're going to push all their buttons and be the tough guy on the internet. Are you really this petty in real life? Is it really that hard to be the man and take the high road? Personally, I think you just like the drama - it's all about you. Sad, really. Go ahead, turn all that around to make you look like the innocent lamb, and everybody's out to get you. Grow the f*&^ up.

Give somebody a reason to like you. I haven't seen one yet.

You hit the nail on the head Gary, good post. People are tired of his childish behavior and idle threats. He seems to feed off of this Drama. He used to run me around on another board this exact way. He isn't over there anymore as they tossed him out so he came back here to try and get tossed out again. He also started another board and that's gone also I think,, Hmmm I wonder why. But he still wont look in the mirror. Rick

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ambfiero:
Hey Ryan, go get bent your just as big of a ass as whitedevil and formula88. Hey Cliff, close my account because this forum is full of bitc$'s and I have nothing more to post in Pennocks Romper Fiero Room. The problem is the fiero is very affordable and because of that you get a lot of ghetto ass people.

LOL

I remember in the dyno thread you threw a tantrum. That was pretty funny. And here you go again!

You guys take life too seriously. Here's the play by play summary of this thread:

Whuffo - "Jeff you can't play with us"
Whitedevil88 - "Waaaaaa... they won't let me play with them."
MrsBear - "It will cost you $15 to have your membership application declined"
Chicken McNizzle - "Poop"
SuperchargedV6 - "Hey Jeff, I hate you. I'm going to post multiple times to that effect"
ambfiero - "Cliff close this thread! Jeff, suck it! GGF, you rule! Everyone else pay attention to me!"
fierobear - "preserved for the record"

LOL

Does that about cover it?
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope you forgot two

ryan.hess- PFF's new referee

CoryFiero- Made us all dream, and maybe even a bit of drool on the keys.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But he still wont look in the mirror. Rick

Good advice....you should try it sometime.

I should really just stay out of this, as I have never met any of the members involved in this thread. I have not read about all of events that let up to this point.. But it seams all of you have trouble letting go of the past.

My thoughts on the GGF new membership rules and the reason they are just now implementing them.. It looks to me like they wanted a legal way to keep Jeff out……….Membership committee denies your application. The club President has already said there’s no way he would ever be accepted. To me that’s being blackballed by those in charge, not necessarily the feeling of the membership at large. How large is this club? 30, 50…..100? maybe there is only 10 people out of 100 members that can’t seam to get along with Jeff and they are in charge Now on the other hand if he was granted membership and did any of the things that you think he might do that break your membership by-laws then You can ban him.

From the pictures I saw it looks like everyone was having a good time. Not everyone gets along but to be denied membership for something you might do is wrong.
And a question on your By-Laws, were they voted on by they membership or just made up by those in charge?

Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

I can answer this one.

We needed to set up some member selection process to be compatible with state law. The reason we chose the selection criteria we did was in recognition of what makes our club work. It's the individual contributions of our members - their ideas and companionship provide the foundation for our activities. Their voluntary financial contributions provide funding for our basic expenses and then some. It's what all our members put in that provides so much for the members to share!

It's a group of very good people; family and friends that get together and enjoy good times. What brought us together is our love for our little cars - what keeps us together is the friendship and companionship found within our group. Our meetings and events (usually) are a break from the usual for our members - away from the hassles and cares and lots of good times amongst friends. You'll find people here from babes in cradles to in their 70's and beyond - and they all feel comfortable and at ease.

This is what Golden Gate Fieros is all about. For people in other states - they can't be a part of our activities or contribute anything to them. If you're a person of good will we'd love to have you, but I'm afraid it's a bit too far to drive.

If you'd like to see what we're up to, the events page on our website www.goldengatefieros.org gives details. While you're at the site, there's a link on the front page that'll allow you to sign up for our moderated email list. If you can learn from or contribute to the discussion there that's fine with us.

Unfortunately, there are some people in this world that just can't or don't want to fit in with our group. Usually, they come to a meeting or two and don't come back. In very, very rare cases things like what you see unfolding here occur.

What I just can't understand is if someone spends so much time antagonizing other people, why would that person want to go to a far away place where many of the people he's been harassing will be present at the same time? Why ignore my requests - and demands - to stay away?

Makes it tricky for me - not only do I need to try protect the club from unwanted influences, I also get to try to protect that unwanted influence from the people he's taunted and harassed for so long. I don't get paid enough for this stuff!
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Nope you forgot two

ryan.hess- PFF's new referee

CoryFiero- Made us all dream, and maybe even a bit of drool on the keys.

LOL

I'll drink to that!

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

LOL

I remember in the dyno thread you threw a tantrum. That was pretty funny. And here you go again!

You guys take life too seriously. Here's the play by play summary of this thread:

SuperchargedV6 - "Hey Jeff, I hate you. I'm going to post multiple times to that effect"
ambfiero - "Cliff close this thread! Jeff, suck it! GGF, you rule! Everyone else pay attention to me!"

LOL

Pretty good, Ryan. I like the "Waaaaaa".
But you missed the part about "Whuffo" Leavitt talking about some ominous "legal actions" for the past year, threatening to call the police and have me arrested and get my car impounded if I dare show up at a Golden Gate Fiero event? WTHolyMF?

It's not a matter of the "I can't play!" but "What grew up your ass?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by Gary W:

Hi Todd.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty good, Ryan. I like the "Waaaaaa".
But you missed the part about "Whuffo" Leavitt talking about some ominous "legal actions" for the past year, threatening to call the police and have me arrested and get my car impounded if I dare show up at a Golden Gate Fiero event? WTHolyMF?

It's not a matter of the "I can't play!" but "What grew up your ass?"

I think a large part of it is they're afraid of you from past experience.

What do I win?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Whuffo:

I can answer this one.

Unfortunately, there are some people in this world that just can't or don't want to fit in with our group. Usually, they come to a meeting or two and don't come back. In very, very rare cases things like what you see unfolding here occur.

So spell it it out. How is it that I don't "fit in with our group"?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

I think a large part of it is they're afraid of you from past experience.

What do I win?

Highschool flashbacks you mean? Dude, I'm a 40 year old man...
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Highschool flashbacks you mean? Dude, I'm a 40 year old man...

Gary Busey is 63.

If I see him walking towards me, I'm running!
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So spell it it out. How is it that I don't "fit in with our group"?

is it just possible that you appear to them to be either psycho, or maybe just a jerk?

Dude, I'm a 40 year old man...

then grow up, or at least try to appear mature.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 07-07-2007).]

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ambfiero:

Get your own! http://springs1.0catch.com/goodbye.html

Goodbye everyone, Since there has been discussion regarding whether or not my posts to this community are relevant, I have decided to no longer post here. To the rest, enjoy your illusions of moral and intellectual superiority. I'd rather waste my time in groups where people actually talk topics. Not looking for sympathy or anything either. Just pointing something out before I take my leave of this community.

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Funny you should ask, her last night drunk as hell.

Nice... Milf
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this time there are :
64 threads in OT
44 threads in the Mall
71 threads inGeneral Fiero Chat
82 threads in Tech.
That makes 261 threads that are not in the trash.Thats less than 1/2 of 1% that is in the trash.
If someone wants to leave here because of what goes on in the trash.......BYE!
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

then grow up, or at least try to appear mature.

Should I dye my hair gray and wear jumpsuits?
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

typical supercilious, nonconstructive reply.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 07-07-2007).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tell you what, then, if you're sincere in offering friendly advice, I'd love to receive your PM and thoughtfully consider it. If you're just going to offer uninformed critique for the peanut gallery without any full knowledge of the situation, you lose a little bit of my respect and I'm afraid I just don't go that deep to ponder it.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It only works if you hike your waistband up under your armpits and complain about the government full-time.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL

LOL

Hey what am I, chopped liver?! Here...

Blacktree - "Hey Jeff, you're a tard. Here's a neg."
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS IS "NOT" WORK SAFE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It4YWQhXItI

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 07-07-2007).]

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't have anything to add, so I'll just post a pic of my purple tool bag

I figure it will come in handy at some point in time.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tell you what, then, if you're sincere in offering friendly advice, I'd love to receive your PM and thoughtfully consider it. If you're just going to offer uninformed critique for the peanut gallery without any full knowledge of the situation, you lose a little bit of my respect and I'm afraid I just don't go that deep to ponder it.

no, not in PM. i'll say what i have to say in the open, and we'll just have to deal with it.

i'm really very ambivalent about this. i've reached for the rating button a couple of times and have managed to pull back every time. i've written lengthy posts in the thread and each time have reconsidered and edited them down to about 10%. i don't have enough information to judge well, so i'm trying hard, not fully successfully, not to judge.

obviously i only know what i've seen on the forum about this situation, and that information is incomplete, out of context, colored by individual perspective, and often contradictory. i don't know who started the correspondence between you and GGF. it may not even be possible to determine where it started, and how or when it escalated to confrontation.

what disturbs me about this is that you started a thread stating that you thought GGF was somehow being discriminatory in declining to accept you as a member. this is not the forum's business. there was also an implied hint of illegality and legal repercussions which is entirely inappropriate on PFF. if you want to go there, talk to your lawyer. as for discrimination, the law protects against discrimination based on race, gender, age and sometimes sexual preference. i assume none of those applies here.

a club, incorporated or not, is a voluntary association. that works both ways, they must want to associate with you, and you with them. they have clearly stated how they feel about the matter, and you have said that you have no desire to associate with them. the "court of public opinion" that is PFF is irrelevant to the matter, which is that you and GGF share strong and mutual disdain.

so why bring it up at all, much less on PFF?
and after everyone has made their positions clear, why pursue it?

the answers that come to my mind speak to an unhealthy desire for attention and validation, which would be consistent with many of your previous offerings. fortunately, i'm no psychiatrist, and my opinion counts for nothing here. i'd be interested to know what cliff thinks about this, but he has wisely kept that to himself.

my friendly advice? drop it, and learn not to do it again.

as for your respect, that matters about as much to me, as my respect matters to you.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:
Goodbye everyone, Since there has been discussion regarding whether or not my posts to this community are relevant, I have decided to no longer post here. To the rest, enjoy your illusions of moral and intellectual superiority. I'd rather waste my time in groups where people actually talk topics. Not looking for sympathy or anything either. Just pointing something out before I take my leave of this community.

hey, dont leave us hanging with thoughts of horny next door neighbor milfs... we need more pics
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a sig test. Nothing else going on here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-08-2007).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NEPTUNE

10199 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Lets try that sig again.

------------------
Nope.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NEPTUNE

10199 posts
Member since Aug 2001
New host.

Shite.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter: Blacktree has a big Fierobear, and keeps him in a purple tool bag.

Preserve THAT for the record!
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

no, not in PM. i'll say what i have to say in the open, and we'll just have to deal with it.

i'm really very ambivalent about this. i've reached for the rating button a couple of times and have managed to pull back every time. i've written lengthy posts in the thread and each time have reconsidered and edited them down to about 10%. i don't have enough information to judge well, so i'm trying hard, not fully successfully, not to judge.

obviously i only know what i've seen on the forum about this situation, and that information is incomplete, out of context, colored by individual perspective, and often contradictory. i don't know who started the correspondence between you and GGF. it may not even be possible to determine where it started, and how or when it escalated to confrontation.

All quite true. I don't feel like giving a history lesson, but I will say that this animosity from GGF has been going on for some time. It seems that some people will not be satisfied until other people are eliminated from their "world" altogether.

what disturbs me about this is that you started a thread stating that you thought GGF was somehow being discriminatory in declining to accept you as a member. this is not the forum's business. there was also an implied hint of illegality and legal repercussions which is entirely inappropriate on PFF. if you want to go there, talk to your lawyer. as for discrimination, the law protects against discrimination based on race, gender, age and sometimes sexual preference. i assume none of those applies here.

The leadership of GGF prefers to use words like "mentally unstable", "dangerous". etc. without any cause or substantiation. Micheal Leavitt has been implieing hints of illegality and threats of legal repercussions for over a year, now he just has the name of my lawyer so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

a club, incorporated or not, is a voluntary association. that works both ways, they must want to associate with you, and you with them. they have clearly stated how they feel about the matter, and you have said that you have no desire to associate with them. the "court of public opinion" that is PFF is irrelevant to the matter, which is that you and GGF share strong and mutual disdain.

True enough. However, a club does not have a right to threaten my right to assemble by threatening to call the cops on me if I come to enjoy my hobby at an event they put on.

so why bring it up at all, much less on PFF?
and after everyone has made their positions clear, why pursue it?

Everyone loves the drama. And I was not liking the direction that the WestFest Thread was taking with Todd and Micheal praising their security force for keeping the "mentally immature" at bay. So I left that thread and started this one.
"Special attention was paid to someone who has a long history of threatening and harassing club members. I hoped he wouldn't show up - but he did. His behavior was reasonably well controlled, so he was allowed to enjoy the show too." Reasonably well controlled? Sounds like I barely managed to puke inside the trashcans.
what is my "long history of threatening and harrassing club members"? I guess if you count getting into a couple OT threads with Todd and John and making fun of how stupid they can be about some things, that can be harassing. But no one can say who or how I threatened anyone.

Why bring it up on PFF? Too late, it's BEEN brought up. In so many threads in so many ways over the past three years when these people felt that they could voice whatever they want about me and there wouldn't be any response. Now there is a response.

the answers that come to my mind speak to an unhealthy desire for attention and validation, which would be consistent with many of your previous offerings. fortunately, i'm no psychiatrist, and my opinion counts for nothing here. i'd be interested to know what cliff thinks about this, but he has wisely kept that to himself.

I'd think you could probably fit that on to pretty much any thread started by someone who invests a bit too much time and energy into an online forum. Who doesn't want to be validated? And why is that unhealthy? The attention I've already got, and believe me, I'd rather live without.

my friendly advice? drop it, and learn not to do it again.

as for your respect, that matters about as much to me, as my respect matters to you.

Hopefully sleeping dogs will lie. I have no problem living my life without ever communicating with any GGF leader. Allegedly there are 80 members whom I've met maybe 30, and don't have an issue with any of them. I wish them happiness.

As for respect, maybe my respect means nothing to you, but maybe you'll respect yourself more for posting an honest assesment rather then glib condemnation.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock