Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Have you got an L98 TPI you want more power out of ??? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have you got an L98 TPI you want more power out of ??? by California Kid
Started on: 12-08-2005 10:39 PM
Replies: 118 (4566 views)
Last post by: sonic50 on 03-06-2006 08:35 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the hell is the deal with anyone with a nice car or nice motor getting attacked. Mostly by people with un-finished un-running motor swaps or just plain un- proven cars.

I am sorry Cali but you might as well get cliff to close this thread before it turns ugly. You tried to post something useful and everyone wants to come in and attack something about either your car or SBC owners all together.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 12-11-2005).]

IP: Logged
DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-11-2005 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

What the hell is the deal with anyone with a nice car or nice motor getting attacked. Mostly by people with un-finished un-running motor swaps or just plain un- proven cars.

I am sorry Cali but you might as well get cliff to close this thread before it turns ugly. You tried to post something useful and everyone wants to come in and attack something about either your car or SBC owners all together.

No one is "attacking" anyone... im just trying to figure out how well my suspension is going to perform VS a lesser proven setup. I could care less about his engine. I want suspension info!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DOHC_SWAPPER:

No one is "attacking" anyone... im just trying to figure out how well my suspension is going to perform VS a lesser proven setup. I could care less about his engine. I want suspension info!

Then go test your freaking car. I tried to explain that a bucket of parts doesn't make a race car, but you missed the point.
If you want to know what YOUR car does, go test it.

Seems to me, if Tom has tested his setup and you haven't tested yours, then YOURS is the lesser proven setup. If you have tested it, then you already know what it can do, so why are you complaining?

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 12-11-2005).]

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Then go test your freaking car. I tried to explain that a bucket of parts doesn't make a race car, but you missed the point.

Seems to me, if Tom has tested his setup and you haven't tested yours, then YOURS is the lesser proven setup. If you have tested it, then you already know what it can do, so why are you complaining?

I think he's saying that it's a lesser setup (strictly parts-wise) that's been proven.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This works for engine dyno's as well.

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-11-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

geez you guys. Im not complaining! What the hell is the problem?! I just want to know what his suspension is! Is it a fracking matter of national security or something? Why do I have Formula88 answering for Calikid anyways??

you know what? forget it. I dont give a **** what your car has for suspension. Thanks for helping a PFFr out. ******* .

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

I've seen what's been posted on RFT, which is a joke in itself, like a bunch of little kids with no hard facts, jumping on someone.

You better read page 2 of the thread dedicated to you. Sinister fiero aka Darth Fiero did some research on your motor and parts used. You can't argue with the math. Your 400hp claim is now completely BS. Its no wonder we post over there more than here. Over there you need proof/ fact about such claims.

Here is a link, enjoy. For everyone else, not work safe due to language.
http://www.realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2125&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Crazyone, I know you've got a hardon for me, but posting things that aren't true is really showing everyone else what a jackass you are:

Now this is funny. The only reason I ever said anything to, or about you is because of umproven claims. If you had a dyno from the start, there would be nobody doubting you. Speaking of posting things that arn't true, well look in the mirror buddy. You are the biggest jackass here.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, doesn't mean squat.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is starting to get a bit childish again I used to care about what was said about me over at pennocks septic tank forum, But now I just laugh at it, All I see is bashing with other ppl here, When it's me I feel flattered, If kids have that much time on there hands to care about what I do with my car, I feel that's very very sad.

If you enjoy your fiero, Who cares what others think, Screw them.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 12-11-2005).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moved to TTC by popular request.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not trying to stir up more crap, but I do have a question. Why is it anytime anyone questions California Kid about his car, the thread turns ugly?

Cali, I'm not bagging on you or your car. You've got an extremely nice Fiero. But you've made some pretty impressive claims about what the car is producing, without any proof. When other people have done this, they've been called out for it. I don't see why you take offense if people doubt you.

PFF
System Bot
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2005 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

I'm not trying to stir up more crap, but I do have a question. Why is it anytime anyone questions California Kid about his car, the thread turns ugly?

Cali, I'm not bagging on you or your car. You've got an extremely nice Fiero. But you've made some pretty impressive claims about what the car is producing, without any proof. When other people have done this, they've been called out for it. I don't see why you take offense if people doubt you.

Why does the thread turn ugly when people ask him to prove his claims? Because apparently, we're supposed to believe him based on blind faith, if we don't and we ask simple, NON-OFFENSIVE questions he quickly turns defensive along with a bunch of other people like Formula88 who say we're assholes. He has a nice car, that is an opinion held by about 99% of the people on this forum, including me. But he claims things as fact that aren't backed up, like his HP. I have no doubt that he has a 1.17g on a skidpad, he actually proved that at the GM Proving Grounds. But Cali Kid is real hypocritical when DOHCSWAPPER comes in asking if he'll produce the same results with the same setup, and Cali tells him that he needs proper tuning. How come that doesn't apply to Cali's engine? He throws a bunch of parts at his car and claims its making xxx HP based on results other people got, yet he does not tune his car and he doesn't dyno it to prove it. How come DOHCSWAPPER has to skidpad his car to claim 1.17g+ but Cali doesn't have to test his engine to prove 400+ hp? Something is seriously wrong here.

And how come I'll get a bunch of negatives for politely criticizing Cali Kid's car? And how come I'll be called an ******* for it? I'm the bad guy for trying to make him back up his claims?

Joe Carburetor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe CarburetorSend a Private Message to Joe CarburetorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmm..... Maybe a little late to ask this question since this thread is now in the trash can....

I was wondering if anyone has a little more info about this setup....

..... a reversed TPI intake for the fiero

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

Why does the thread turn ugly when people ask him to prove his claims? Because apparently, we're supposed to believe him based on blind faith, if we don't and we ask simple, NON-OFFENSIVE questions he quickly turns defensive along with a bunch of other people like Formula88 who say we're assholes. He has a nice car, that is an opinion held by about 99% of the people on this forum, including me. But he claims things as fact that aren't backed up, like his HP. I have no doubt that he has a 1.17g on a skidpad, he actually proved that at the GM Proving Grounds. But Cali Kid is real hypocritical when DOHCSWAPPER comes in asking if he'll produce the same results with the same setup, and Cali tells him that he needs proper tuning. How come that doesn't apply to Cali's engine? He throws a bunch of parts at his car and claims its making xxx HP based on results other people got, yet he does not tune his car and he doesn't dyno it to prove it. How come DOHCSWAPPER has to skidpad his car to claim 1.17g+ but Cali doesn't have to test his engine to prove 400+ hp? Something is seriously wrong here.

And how come I'll get a bunch of negatives for politely criticizing Cali Kid's car? And how come I'll be called an ******* for it? I'm the bad guy for trying to make him back up his claims?

You just got a + for a very well formed argument. I agree with everything you said. I don't know why certain members get special treatment and a silver spoon.

Cali didn't build his engine, or his suspension but he sure loves showing them off. If Cali bought his engine assuming it was 400hp, well he got ripped off. Its closer to 300hp as per the link I provided.

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look... I didnt mean to cause any trouble here. I just wanted as much info as I could get regarding his suspension cause it hit 1.17 on the pad. Thats all.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like I said in the last thread that turned ugly....

He already dynoed it. It makes 250WHP. That's why he doesn't want to dyno it at a gathering. That's why he didn't want to take up the PFF member on the FREE (!!!!) dyno. He knows he'll get shi#. I don't blame him...

I'm tired of these threads, I really am. And they'll keep coming, because of one man's ego. But that's okay, I understand.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh, goody, i was getting really tired of sig tests.

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/fiero.htm
where's osama?

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2005 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Just like I said in the last thread that turned ugly....

He already dynoed it. It makes 250WHP. That's why he doesn't want to dyno it at a gathering. That's why he didn't want to take up the PFF member on the FREE (!!!!) dyno. He knows he'll get shi#. I don't blame him...

I'm tired of these threads, I really am. And they'll keep coming, because of one man's ego. But that's okay, I understand.

250WHP? That's impressive. Why would he get crap for that? Its an EXCELLENT example of a Fiero that can go fast in a straight line and in the curves. If I dynoed 250 WHP in a Fiero I'd be proud of it and make sure to talk about it everywhere. That's about 300 crank hp, I bet it'd keep up with or pass my Camaro in a straight line and make it look stupid in some twisties.

Instead of being embarassed and ashamed of his less-than-expected dyno run he should continue to work on the engine to make it have as much HP as he wants.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify, my above post is completely speculation. Nobody but him would know if he got it dyno'd.

But think about it and tell me it doesn't make sense.... his avoidance of free dynos... the constant "I know how much it makes, that's good enough for me..."

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else doubt his 1.17g claim?

I realize he is just going to say "GM Proving Grounds LOL," but I want him to tell me the circumstances of how his "G" test is performed. Was the test done on a slalom course, around a turn, down a strait, what? For the record the Porsche 996 I drive every summer is a race car by all accounts, and runs an exact 1.17g (ironic) according to most every major test on it. Now I'm not saying a Fiero can't beat it, but I have my doubts. Although the 996 is heavier, the weight balance is superb, the 295 tires grip amazingly, and the suspension is rock hard. Knowing what 1.17g feels like, and how the car feels at these limits, I doubt very many Fieros can come close. I really enjoy the Fiero and how it handles, but it simply isn't comparing to a $180,000 race car in my opinion without total a suspension redesign and reengineering concept.

And it really sucks because every time somebody questions him, even someone with the technical background to make themselves credible, he resorts to personal attacks and gets really defensive. Then every one of his followers arrogant enough to believe is idiotic claims start passing out the negatives. It really is a direct comparison to the architecture, beliefs, and brainwashing of the German Nazi Regime. And then he has to get Archie to come in and back him up. I find it odd that most every TPI swap Archie has done, 400+ hp is claimed. Look at the purple car with the ugly wing, same thing. 450hp with a stock TPI intake.

All we want to know is how you make 400hp with parts not capable of 400hp. And I personally want to know how you make 1.17g in a car that I feel is not capable of such. There is no need for the personal attacks.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2005 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AaronZ34

2322 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Somebody smell something? Oh, Aaron decided to share his "wisdom."

Furthermore, Tom's car isn't an automatic - so what the fark are you talking about? Setting shift points simply means the point he chooses to shift at. Try basic reading comprehension before you go off in your mad rush to pwn somebody. You only make yourself look like more of a fool. (and I didn't think that was possible)

I know his car is a stickshift. Thus me saying you don't set shiftpoints with manuals. I had accidentally put automatic there by mistake, as obviously you do set shift points with autos.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronZ34:

Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa ..........
.......every TPI swap Archie has done, 400+ hp is claimed.

then more Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa ..........

Ok moron, show me one TPI swap I built where I claimed it was 400 HP.

The rest of it sounds like the paniced words of someone who's about to leave us.

Now go over to the Cry-baby Forum & tell them how great you are.

Don't forget to say good-bye while you still can.

Archie

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Ok moron, show me one TPI swap I built where I claimed it was 400 HP.

The rest of it sounds like the paniced words of someone who's about to leave us.

Now go over to the Cry-baby Forum & tell them how great you are.

Don't forget to say good-bye while you still can.

Archie

Sorry, information on your website shows a apparently stock, or VERY mildly modified, TPI at 450hp.

And even if I do get banned, do you really think I won't come back? Emails are very easy to create, and IPs are very easy to change...

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look at the purple car with the ugly wing, same thing. 450hp with a stock TPI intake.

If you are talking about the Purple Pavement Eater, It is far from being a "stock" engine, It was built by the person who built the car.
It wasn't Archie who built the PPE. It was built Rich Warber. As for the 450hp claim, He had a dyno of the engine in his book that he displayed how he built the car at every show he attended. Archie just sold the car for the family after the owner passed away.

Rich Warber had a long history of racing and build engines.

http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/Fiero%20Speed%20Racer%20-%20feature%20reprint.htm

http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/Tributes%20To%20Rich%20Warber.htm

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, information on your website shows a apparently stock, or VERY mildly modified, TPI at 450hp.

Well you're wrong on that one. #1 I didn't build the car. & #2 Rich Warber had all the documentation to support his claims.

Now, bigshot, where's all those other TPI's that I built & claimed to be 400+ HP?

And even if I do get banned, do you really think I won't come back? Emails are very easy to create, and IPs are very easy to change...

Yeah, but your smart mouth will never change, We'll recognize you on your 2nd post under your new screen name.

See Ya!!!!

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-14-2005).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And it really sucks because every time somebody questions him, even someone with the technical background to make themselves credible, he resorts to personal attacks and gets really defensive. Then every one of his followers arrogant enough to believe is idiotic claims start passing out the negatives.

That's because your technical background really sucks, and you don't know what the hell your talking about. Same for some of your buddies on RFT who think they're the greatest engine builders in the world, and haven't accomplished jack **** , or proved a damn thing by their exaggerated postings, lies, and BS. Just like the one clown who posted he had talked to Keith Huff who converted my car, and claimed Keith said " I sold Tom a Fiero with a "Stock" L98 ". Well guys, they didn't make stock L98's with 1.6:1 roller rockers, aftermarket cam, modified injectors, and two burned performance chips as standard equipment. What are you going to post next? That Keith lied to the two magazines that published articles on the car, stating it had 330 HP !!! 4 different manufacturers clutch setups failed to live in this car (tore the centers out of them in under 1,000 miles), only one found to live was a $1,000 Quartermaster Pro-Series double disk setup, and you don't need that for a "Stock L98". This was all before I purchased the car, brought it back to Michigan, tore the engine down for more improvements, some of which weren't purchased parts like porting, and re-did the entire car.

You clowns are making assumptions on the unknown, because you don't know what's really been done, false information on RFT, and posting a bunch of numbers that can't be directly applied to what I have done. Bottom line is that you can't prove I'm wrong, and I really don't give a damn about suppling you absolute information that I am correct, just to "Own" your a$$, you wouldn't believe it anyway, so why bother. I really like the one a guy posted on RFT that he claimed I only had one (1) Lingenfelter Valve Cover, front one was another make a couple years back, and he had a witness, what a bunch of BS, prove it !!! If you guy's are trying to "Own" me, you'd better at least have some very positive proof of your claims, instead of the BS you've posted. And Aaron, yes I can set a shift point on my car, it's a simple Autometer Tach with an adjustable rpm shift light, the light turns on at your selected rpm.

You clowns must figure, if you post enough lies, everybody will start to believe you, what an incredible bunch of low lifes. Ya know, you guys might just get a little respect, if you get off your a$$es, and do something intelligent with your cars, to show what you got. Frankly, I think all your good at, is sitting at your keyboard, and making an ass of yourself.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 12-14-2005).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bottom line is that you can't prove I'm wrong, and I really don't give a damn about suppling you absolute information that I am correct, just to "Own" your a$$, you wouldn't believe it anyway, so why bother.

I can't prove that aliens exist, either, what's your point?

I told you this has become an ego thing! Nobody needs to "Own anybody's a$$". This is simply about the truth. If you're worried about people believing you, go to a fiero show with a mobile dyno, they're everywhere. If you don't want to, just invite someone along to a dyno shop. If you don't have any friends, take a videocamera. It's not hard. Your sheer resistance to the concept of the dyno, especially a FREE dyno, really only shows one thing - you've used the "guesstimated" HP so often, you've started to believe it yourself, and you don't want to be proven wrong. (and there's the kicker)

btw - the burden of proof is with the person with the claims. I could say I turned a 5hp techumseh lawnmower engine into a 100hp engine, but everyone would say ... that's the point where you whip out the engine dyno. We have reached that point.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

If you are talking about the Purple Pavement Eater, It is far from being a "stock" engine, It was built by the person who built the car.
It wasn't Archie who built the PPE. It was built Rich Warber. As for the 450hp claim, He had a dyno of the engine in his book that he displayed how he built the car at every show he attended. Archie just sold the car for the family after the owner passed away.

Rich Warber had a long history of racing and build engines.

http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/Fiero%20Speed%20Racer%20-%20feature%20reprint.htm

http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/Tributes%20To%20Rich%20Warber.htm

He lists NO information besides the terrible ignition and the poor excuse for headers. California Kid's build sheet is more believable.

And I looked through both cites, and din't see a dyno...Just because he can/has built high power motors doesn't mean every one is. I built/am building a blown 406cu in small block, fully capable of 600hp. Does that mean that my 2.8l makes 600hp? God no, it makes what every other one makes, 110whp.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AaronZ34

2322 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Well you're wrong on that one. #1 I didn't build the car. & #2 Rich Warber had all the documentation to support his claims.

Now, bigshot, where's all those other TPI's that I built & claimed to be 400+ HP?

Yeah, but your smart mouth will never change, We'll recognize you on your 2nd post under your new screen name.

See Ya!!!!

Archie

Doesn't deny the fact that imformation on your website shows the car, and claims 450hp with crappy parts. You say documentation, but the only documention I see barely supports 250hp, and doesn't have a dyno. Now if you had a motor built to 450hp, you are going to have a nice build sheet. Yet he tells us about a MSP ignition and Sanderson headers? Personally, with a build sheet capable of 450hp, I'd quote better products than an ignition nobody has heard of, and headers that suck. In fact, even with no name products, I'd quote the ones worth more than $30 and $200. Maybe the $1500 heads that it takes to flow 450hp worth of air? Or the $400 cam? Or the $2000 block?

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AaronZ34

2322 posts
Member since Oct 2004

That's because your technical background really sucks, and you don't know what the hell your talking about. Same for some of your buddies on RFT who think they're the greatest engine builders in the world, and haven't accomplished jack **** , or proved a damn thing by their exaggerated postings, lies, and BS. Just like the one clown who posted he had talked to Keith Huff who converted my car, and claimed Keith said " I sold Tom a Fiero with a "Stock" L98 ". Well guys, they didn't make stock L98's with 1.6:1 roller rockers, aftermarket cam, modified injectors, and two burned performance chips as standard equipment. What are you going to post next? That Keith lied to the two magazines that published articles on the car, stating it had 330 HP !!! 4 different manufacturers clutch setups failed to live in this car (tore the centers out of them in under 1,000 miles), only one found to live was a $1,000 Quartermaster Pro-Series double disk setup, and you don't need that for a "Stock L98". This was all before I purchased the car, brought it back to Michigan, tore the engine down for more improvements, some of which weren't purchased parts like porting, and re-did the entire car.

You clowns are making assumptions on the unknown, because you don't know what's really been done, false information on RFT, and posting a bunch of numbers that can't be directly applied to what I have done. Bottom line is that you can't prove I'm wrong, and I really don't give a damn about suppling you absolute information that I am correct, just to "Own" your a$$, you wouldn't believe it anyway, so why bother. I really like the one a guy posted on RFT that he claimed I only had one (1) Lingenfelter Valve Cover, front one was another make a couple years back, and he had a witness, what a bunch of BS, prove it !!! If you guy's are trying to "Own" me, you'd better at least have some very positive proof of your claims, instead of the BS you've posted. And Aaron, yes I can set a shift point on my car, it's a simple Autometer Tach with an adjustable rpm shift light, the light turns on at your selected rpm.

You clowns must figure, if you post enough lies, everybody will start to believe you, what an incredible bunch of low lifes. Ya know, you guys might just get a little respect, if you get off your a$$es, and do something intelligent with your cars, to show what you got. Frankly, I think all your good at, is sitting at your keyboard, and making an ass of yourself.

You don't even know my technical background. And I do know what I am talking about, I have hand built a few small block chevy's, and am currently building another. I am not talking about my "Buddies" over at RFT, and I'm not going to argue on their behalf. If they want to argue for themselves, they can. And who said they were my buddies?

My 200hp Lumina burned through a $600 clutch in a month. Your point?

And it is weird that you are telling us about the unknown. Your horsepower numbers are unknown, we are just using very comparable builds mixed with backgrounds in SBC builds, and the products you quoted, to get a more educated and accurate guess than 400 because it feels like 400. The 350hp Hummer I drove all summer felt like it had 100hp, but that doesn't mean it does.

We aren't the ones posting lies, you are.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AaronZ34

2322 posts
Member since Oct 2004
In an effort to establish credibility, my current project:

55 Bel Air 2 door post. 406 cubic inch, 4 bolt main, forged steel rods, forged aluminum pistons, Comp Camshaft, P&P 2.02 heads, Weind blower, Demon Carburetion, full MSD boost-regulated ignition-coil-distributor-wires, Equal length long tube headers, and a few other supporting parts.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by AaronZ34 (edited 12-14-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaron, I think I speak for most of us when I say, you're not helping. The whole point of this thread after it got put into the trashcan, was, to hopefully get Cali Kid on a dyno.... or to get Tom from stop posting horsepower numbers when no numbers exist. Preferrably the former.

You're doing the equivalent of running around and kicking everyone in the crotch.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aaron, I think I speak for most of us when I say, you're not helping. The whole point of this thread after it got put into the trashcan, was, to hopefully get Cali Kid on a dyno.... or to get Tom from stop posting horsepower numbers when no numbers exist. Preferrably the former.

You're doing the equivalent of running around and kicking everyone in the crotch.

Sorry, but when Archie repeatedly calls me a moron, I am going to back up my claims. I highly doubt Cali Kid will put his car on the dyno, it would suck to have to post that sheet on the internet...

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's understandable. Lets see if we can turn this into a more positive thread to encourage Tom to the dyno.
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's understandable. Lets see if we can turn this into a more positive thread to encourage Tom to the dyno.

Sounds good to me!

The things I love most about dynoes. I love watching the whole car torque up when it starts making good power. It is sweet looking, and then they let off, and it falls forward. It is awesome. The sound(s) are also crazy. It is so loud and powerful! Even Hondas sound good on teh dyn0. I also like watching everyone else run their cars, and watching the numbers. Plus, and best of all, you get to meet a lot of people, with actual interest in the powerplant of their cars. Not just folks who say yah it's got 5 gajillion horses or whatever, but the guys who spend every weekend tweaking. You can get into some really good discussions, and form connections very useful later on. I love going to dyno, and it is the best $25, and $50 I have ever spent I think. I could have made 20hp and been happy.

It is the same situation as 1/4mi. Even when I go and the track is so busy that I only get a run or two, it is still a blast. Most fun I've had in a long time no doubt.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am going to back up my claims. ...

Well big shot, then back up your claims.......... You claimed that I had said that every TPI engine I installed made 400+ HP. We are still waiting for you to prove that claim.

The PPE on my site wasn't built by me. If you had read the threads Oreif had posted you'd see that Rich had a bunch of parts & background to back up his claims. In fact, when Rich was still alive & showing his car, his Dyno chart was a part of his display. Everybody in NIFE had seen that chart several times. Too bad someone didn't take a digital picture of it so they could justify Rich's claims to some punk a$$ kid 10 years later.

BTW: just in case you can't sit still to read the threads Oreif posted Here is part of what Rich's car was built with.............. (BTW the MSP was a typo just in case you were too stupid to figure it out)

Rich decided on a 1970 Corvette 350 block which was rated at about 300 hp in 1970. He started by boring it out by .030 over, added 6 inch Crower rods, a Crower cam (280 degrees duration dual pattern), roller rockers, Weisco forged pistons, MSP ignition, fluid damper balance, air flow research aluminum heads, all chromed, tuned port injection (by Street and Performance), Sanderson ceramic coated headers, NASCAR aluminum radiator and then used a V8 mounting kit by Gary Zumwalt to set it up in the Fiero engine bay. The battery was relocated to the right rear of the luggage compartment in an upholstered enclosure. With the overbore, Rich now had a 355 cubic inch fuel injected engine putting out 450 hp! Mated with the bulletproof Muncie 4 speed, plenty of torque and power are always available. To keep the car street legal and emissions compliant, Rich added dual catalytic converters and dual glass packs. How long to build up this engine and install? All Rich can say is over 100 hours! What about results? How about 0-60 in 3.70 seconds? In 1995/96 Rich added the IRM ground effects package, Compomotive TS 16 inch wheels, Goodyear Eagle GT tires, P205/55R16 fronts and P225/50R-16 rear, cut the springs by about 1-1/4 coil to lower the car, and raised the rear wing 2-1/2 inches. In 1996, the car won numerous awards at all the various Pontiac and Fiero car shows.

Another thing to remember the next time you want to rag on Rich's car, you best remember that the "Best of Show" trophy given out every year at NIFE's FieroRama is called "The Rich Warber Award".

You need to learn a little respect for your elders & for those that have passed away. Momma didn't teach ya but we will.

Now bigshot, let's see all those TPI's that I built & claimed were 400+ HP.........

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-14-2005).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need to learn a little respect for your elders & for those that have passed away. Momma didn't teach ya but we will.

Not to interject, but I'd hardly say doubting car claims is disrespecting the dead.. Sheesh.

My mustang runs 11's, and I'm the best guitarist ever. When I die, don't question that.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doesn't deny the fact that imformation on your website shows the car, and claims 450hp with crappy parts. You say documentation, but the only documention I see barely supports 250hp, and doesn't have a dyno. Now if you had a motor built to 450hp, you are going to have a nice build sheet. Yet he tells us about a MSP ignition and Sanderson headers? Personally, with a build sheet capable of 450hp, I'd quote better products than an ignition nobody has heard of, and headers that suck. In fact, even with no name products, I'd quote the ones worth more than $30 and $200. Maybe the $1500 heads that it takes to flow 450hp worth of air? Or the $400 cam? Or the $2000 block?

Here maybe this will help.

The person who BUILT the car ALWAYS displayed his "build book" which had all the documentation at every car show. His family now has the book.
Archie only sold the car thru his shop/website as a favor to the family AFTER Rich passed on. The information on Archie's website was the basic items listed for the engine NOT the build sheet. You would have had to have been at one of the many, many shows he attended to see the book.
The website's I posted were to show the type of person the owner/builder was since he passed away in 1999.
Archie doesn't have the documentation the Warber family does.

Now, What part do you not understand? Do you really think his family is going to come on here and post "proof" because some idiot wants it?

As for your 55 Bel Air, How come you have many pics of your Fiero (which DOESN"T have a DOHC engine in it.) and your Lumina, But only a pic of the engine in the 55?
I doubt you built it. I doubt you even have a 55. Why don't you take a pic of the Fiero next to the 55? In all your phtobucket pics there isn't a 55 in any of the backgrounds.

As for your "Technical Background", All anyone needs to do is read your posts in the Tech area of either forum to know how little you really know.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much else to say other than I stand corrected on his engine. But I still want to see the dyno sheet, but that is just for my own personal curiosity. With the parts he posted, 450 sounds reasonable. And about respecting my elders. I will respect whomever I want to, whether they be elder or not, and you have no place telling me whom I should and should not respect. For the record, I respect the hundreds of thousands of men who had to dive off of a landing craft at water greater than 25 foot depth, overloaded for swimming, and face hundreds of machine guns each capable of firing over 1000 rounds a minute. These men risked their lives so that this Earth could be rid of scumbags like Hitler. That is who I respect, not some guy that was able to pour thousands of dollars into an 80s Pontiac. I respect the work, and am glad he found a positive source for his funds and time, but that doesn't make him a respectable person in my eyes.

It just seems to me that every TPI Fiero I see is claiming 350-500hp with parts not capable of doing so. Now with you being the primary provider of V8 swaps, I guess I just figured most TPI owners used your kit, and made up horsepower numbers. I apologize for blaming you for this, but you certainly don't deny it.

As for my Dad and I's 55, let me say this. My family has a lot of cars I don't share. I share MY cars, the cars I pay for, I pay to support, and I pay for every part on them. Some cars we have/had that I never even took one pic of. And if you knew, we still have a Lumina Z34. Care to count the pics of it? They are few, very few. My Dad drives it, and it is his car. I took a couple videos, and took a dyno, but don't care to post a bunch of pics of it. I can answer pretty much any questions you have on the 55 though. We recently sold our 1968 Camaro which we restored in order to get this project. Here is the pic of the 200ft marks the 55 left right in front of my house:

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2005 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AaronZ34

2322 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Oh, and by the way, you didn't look hard enough:

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

To the left side of my old Z34 you can clearly see the 55's headlight and roof.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock