Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Why do I only find dishonest people on PFF? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Why do I only find dishonest people on PFF? by FocusRush
Started on: 08-13-2005 11:47 AM
Replies: 68 (1946 views)
Last post by: $Rich$ on 08-23-2005 06:57 PM
FocusRush

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FocusRushClick Here to visit FocusRush's HomePageSend a Private Message to FocusRushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a member of several board ranging for drag racing, to ford focus boards, to autocross boards, and I only find dishonest people here. I found people selling things, getting the money, and never sending the item, I find people taking credit for others hard work, and the one that really gets me, is that I created some custom shift stickers and people are stealing the files and printing them and selling them themselves. MY DESIGNS! I only keep enough money to cover my costs, and the rest I'm donating to a Charity.

I know the demographics of the Fiero community is a little diffrent from most of the sport compact boards I'm used to, But this is the demographic that I would expect it from the least! Most of you are old men! I figured the punk driving the Honda Civic would do this kind of stuff, not you guys!

GROW UP!!!!!

(this dosen't alpply to everyone here, but the few are ruining it for the rest!)

RANT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i find that the fiero board is the most honest and willing to help of all that i have been on, hell ive had many people send me stuff free of charge just because there NICE people,
im willing to bet those you seem to have problems with may have some red in their bar?

if you really got taken for ,... if someone really stole your $$ and didnt ship you somthing, then speak up and name some names, or give us some heads up
this place is great, really it is !!
hell i remember MORE THAN ONCE where someone has gotten screwed and another forum member has shown up at their home to get stuff from them because there deadbeats

if you have somthing legit, spill it,

------------------
Im Rich B!tch

AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 08-13-2005).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about your experience bro. I guess from time to time there are some stiffers on here, but I buy from reputable sources, like Rodneys, Fierostore, and some of the other vendors.

I have bought from time to time from members here and never got shafted. I did on Ebay once, but most of my Ebaying experience has been good.

Usually if somebody or a number of people gets shafted by another member they let people know and soon that person never returns to the forum.

If you been shafted by somebody and no responses on the PM's for explaination, then I would post their user name and try to find out if others had the same experience.

About stealing your design about shift stickers, that might be a tough one, but complementary that people like your design. (trying to see the good out of it)

It's cool bro! Don't let the bad stuff turn you away from PFF.

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why not make the sticker then post a picture of it at an angle so that people cant just right click and save as.

FocusRush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FocusRushClick Here to visit FocusRush's HomePageSend a Private Message to FocusRushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally haven't been stiffed on money, but I have read a few posts in here about it.

I'm just angry that SOMEONE (I don't know who) decided to take my idea and try and sell it!

When/If I find out who. I'll post his name up for sure.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2005 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 08-14-2005).]

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although you could be correct....you also may not be.
Problem is, there have been so many of the banned members trying to sneak back on, that we are suspicious of all newbies.

I have seen a few people ripped off here..including myself .
I have never been taken on Ebay. But I have been caused agrivation by a member on here. (although to his credit...he finally made it right)
And he is right. It sure doesn't apply to everyone. In fact probably 96% of the members on here are the most honest and helpful people that you would ever want to meet.
But as we all know, it only takes a few to give a group a bad name.
On the positive side, I have also had people give me much needed parts for free. Including the shipping.
I have had members that were selling items, ship them to me without a clue of who I am, just so I could have them in time for a show. Of course I sent the money immediately.
But like the stickers mentioned above.
There is a member on here who takes the time to hand paint the door tabs and sells them for a very reasonable price.
Wasn't long after he did so, that they started showing up on Ebay for a much higher price.
So lets give this new guy the benefit of the doubt.

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to break the bad news to you, but if you are dumb enough to make your sticker files that you plan on making and selling for $$ available for others to see then it is your own damn fault. It's not like you have a copyright to shift stickers, anyone with a printer could have come up with your idea, and it’s not unique or special. It's not like PFF hacked into your computer and stole your precious sticker files.

Looks to me like you are the one that needs to grow up. You screwed yourself out of that one my friend.

------------------

FocusRush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FocusRushClick Here to visit FocusRush's HomePageSend a Private Message to FocusRushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been on PFF before, but I wasen't banned. Iwas an active member before I joined the military, and I just couldn't remember my screename/password for the life of me.

I never said it was everyone, it's just a couple of people.. 1 or 2. I do know that people are generally good. I just needed to rant a little.

Roland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RolandSend a Private Message to RolandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have serious doubts about someone with so few posts and a 1 month member to boot, having "such a grasp" of the thousands of Fiero members.

Second, you have only yourself to blame for getting your graphic stolen. have you ever noticed that companies wanting to protect their stuff usually put a transparant banner OVER the image to taint it, making it useless to copy because it says "such and such" across the whole image.

That has nothing to do with "Fiero" people, that has to do with people people. you think that there is some evil bean in the brains of Fiero owners that would make them copy something they liked, but Focus people or ricer tuners people wouldn't?! please!

People rip off others hard work all over the world, in all walks of businesses. You are either ignorant to assume that fiero owners are the sole perpatrators of such acts, or simply digging to irritate people here. i am not sure which.

Originally posted by FocusRush:

Most of you are old men! I figured the punk driving the Honda Civic would do this kind of stuff, not you guys!

Furthermore, if you had bothered to look at the thread called something like "people behind the cars, post your pics" you would find that there is nothing to back up your claim of " You are all old men".

I am 29, my friend has a Fiero and Posts here who is 19, and another who is 31. Damn we sure are old....

Only a boob speaks in "Absolutes"

you an ignoramous or a chapped loser from that Fiero bashing site. Either one sucks ballz

[This message has been edited by Roland (edited 08-13-2005).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I can add some insight to this.
You may be mistaken about this guy. I've spoken to him about buying quite a few of his decals for a 'not for profit project' and his demeanor is very nice and polite. I know his real name, but don't recognize it from any banned member or anyone else, but there are 11,000 members here. I think he is legit and has seen in the past how people steal other's ideas.

I believe by "old men", he means adults. A poor choice of words, but @ 55yrs of age, I guess it fits me.

Not long after I 1st replied with interest in his mall thread, another member, and I won't post his name-emailed me saying he had just copied the image he wanted from Focus Rush's website and made his own. He said nothing about selling them for himself tho. I replied, & pretty much chewed his butt out over it. To me it's theft, or at least poor ethics and I consider ethics to be a character trait of the highest order. It's only a few $ for criss sake. That will hardly cover ink and paper, much less his time and website costs. He admitted he had been wrong in grabbing this image and said he would not steal another's idea, so I see no reason to drag him into puplic scrutiny. Everyone has a lapse in judgement now & then. I then emailed Focus Rush and explained what had just taken place-without mentioning anynames-& suggested he put the word "Sample" over his images to prevent a re-occurance of this. Think what you will, but I am going to buy from Focus Rush. Trust has to start somewhere.
(edited for typos)
Don

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-13-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2005 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with $Rich$. Keep in mind that we have about 11 1/2 thousand members. For many if not most other forums, this blows them away, membership wise. As far as the quality of people here, I belong to some Camaro forums and have seen others that don't even come close to the sense of community shared here. Give some facts, people like that don't last long around here. So says the ratings bar, so say we all.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(this dosen't alpply to everyone here, but the few are ruining it for the rest!)

Did a search by location. Same email. He's as he claims, and a past vendor. Saw nothing but good reports on his work in a quick search. May have missed something but didn't look at all threads. He's mentioned here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030819-1-028602.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-13-2005).]

FocusRush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FocusRushClick Here to visit FocusRush's HomePageSend a Private Message to FocusRushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I tried to search for that stuuf, and I couldn't find it! Cool!

I'm not trying to bash the board, I just needed to vent because of 2 cases of a people taking my designs. I don't mind if they make there own, just don't use my designs. They are not that hard to make, just a little time consuming.

I'll say it again, it's just a few that ruins it for everyone else.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have to add that I have never been ripped off by anyone on this Forum, and have even received the occasional freebie (including shipping).

Jazz... Lighten up man.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand where FocusRush is coming from, and as Don pointed out, in the heat of the moment he typed some things that appear very harsh. We all get a little carried away when some people tick you off, buy stealing from you.

I've been burned by a couple of people on this Forum, and have read of other people get ripped off by the same, and some others as well. While these are a minority of the members here, it is truely sad that enough people haven't got excited enough to get ride of them.

I guess I don't quite understand why some of you have jumped on him, he comes the Forum, creating a Unique (custom order as well) Fiero related product at a bargain basement price, and get's railroaded by a few on this Forum. I think if it happened to you, you'd be pretty ticked as well. In this case, for what he offered his custom parts for, price wise to the Forum Members, I'm amazed that someone would go through the trouble to try to cut his throat.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 08-13-2005).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2005 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll say it again, it's just a few that ruins it for everyone else.

Hmm. Better if you had worded the title in those words.

My thoughts. For those who are "shady" in their business dealings with others here, it would be wise to know the person first (a few Pm's would be in-order). If they are not "employed" or have legitimate source of work (income)...I would shy away from them. If the product is their sole business then their reputation would be know on Pennocks. A different story if the company has produced items in the past and are known for their good workmanship.

Some unknown or fly-by-night vendors who "talk" about making and marketing an item(s) and you haven't seen the product first...don't buy it. Period. Wait-it-out first.

As for producing an item and someone comes along and "steals" the idea and then re-produces the same exact item...now that is wrong.

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have many honest Christian people here on this forum but a few heretics as well. If you love the Lord it gives you the strength to do what is right and you prevents you from doing what is wrong. If you hate the Lord it refelcts in ones ethics.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

We have many honest Christian people here on this forum but a few heretics as well. If you love the Lord it gives you the strength to do what is right and you prevents you from doing what is wrong. If you hate the Lord it refelcts in ones ethics.

What if we aren't religious, but we are still nice and friendly people? I don't understand how being Christian makes much of a difference. I come from a Christian family, but I haven't been to church in like 7 years. Does that make me a "heretic"?

Edit- Better yet this is my 666'th post. That has to be unlucky. haha

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 08-13-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-14-2005).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:
Raydar, I'm not lightening up. Just because you're ok with being called dishonest doesn't mean you speak for me, nor represent my thoughts and feelings.
JazzMan

He didn't insult me. I know I'm not dishonest. Nor do I think he intended to insult you.

I'm a member of several ... boards, and I only find dishonest people here.
<snip for brevity>

Please note... He didn't say that he found only dishhonest people here. Just that the only dishonest people he found were here. At least that seems to be the way everyone but you has read it. And his final paragraph again stated that it only applied to a few people.

Furthermore, Don has already given you proof that he was an old (and not banned) member.

Jeez, man... If you keep looking for things to be pissed off about, you're guaranteed to find them.
And I thought I was cynical.

I'll ask you again... Lighten up. Not everyone has evil intentions.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-13-2005).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Word of advice about by things from Ebay: If you don't want to get ripped off check the sellers feedback and consider it before buying anything. If the seller doesn't have many feedbacks or a lot of negative feedbacks, you might as well pass on buying anything from them. We do have some flacky characters that sell stuff on the forum and don't send it out after they get the money. People normally let others know who these people are and if they ever make good on their promises.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grammar 101:

"Why do I only find dishonest people on PFF"
Translation: Whis is it that all the dishonest people I find happen to be on PFF?

"Why do I find only dishonest people on PFF"
Translation: What are all people on PFF dishonest?

Now, go back and read the title. It's example one. He did not call everyone here dishonest. He said all the dishonest people he's dealt with have been from here. Big difference, especially when you also read his post that clearly reads,

"(this dosen't alpply to everyone here, but the few are ruining it for the rest!)"

Class dismissed.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all are pretty eager to jump down FocusRush's throat. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge him.

Unfortunately, my experience dealing with PFF members hasn't been exactly stellar, either. For me, the "failure rate" of transactions with PFF members has been about 30%. Maybe I have a knack for finding the deadbeats. *shrug* But nowhere else do I have such trouble... not even on Ebay.

I really wish we had some sort of buyer/seller ratings system for PFF members. Even if we all agreed to use a third-party database (like Heatware), it would be better than what we have now... which is nothing.

John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jazzman, I'm disappointed with you. Lighten up, take a pill, drink a beer - something....
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still wating for parts from a forum member that I sent a check to a couple of months ago.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

I'm still wating for parts from a forum member that I sent a check to a couple of months ago.

I hate it when people tell you they're sending a check so you hold things for a while and wait and wait...

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, when I first read this post, I interpreted it exactly the same way that Jazzman did. It was written in an ambiguous manner. You really have to study the way that it was worded and include his last written statement to figure out what he was really trying to say. I felt that he was making a slam against all of us "old folks" in general as being dishonest. There have been a lot of hard feelings on here lately and some people are a little sensitive over it. It could have been worded a little more clearly & would have avoided the confusion. I can see Jazzman’s point of view but in this case it looks like FocusRush has a legitimate gripe simply stated with an unfortunate choice of words.

Oh yes,

I feel bad that your designs were pirated.

Gordo

DrFunk234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrFunk234Send a Private Message to DrFunk234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i also took it the same way jazz* and gordo did, but like everyone else was saying, when your p/o you get ahead of yourself and don't always think before you say or type.
apologize already:P

*typo- sorry jazz

[This message has been edited by DrFunk234 (edited 08-13-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2005 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Grammar 101:

"Why do I only find dishonest people on PFF"
Translation: Whis is it that all the dishonest people I find happen to be on PFF?

"Why do I find only dishonest people on PFF"
Translation: What are all people on PFF dishonest?

Now, go back and read the title. It's example one. He did not call everyone here dishonest. He said all the dishonest people he's dealt with have been from here. Big difference, especially when you also read his post that clearly reads,

"(this dosen't alpply to everyone here, but the few are ruining it for the rest!)"

Class dismissed.

On the strength of this, and this alone, I apologize to FocusRush, and do what he has failed to do from the beginning, and retract my posts.

JazzMan

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pretty much trust everyone here. I mean I know who's been around and who's new, but I have repeatedly driven out of state after cars, not really knowing the place im going actualy exists. I also rarely second guess sending money to people on here, and would ship parts if someone told me they put the check in the mail. Its all about personal experience, but just watch out for how many posts they have, and maybe search thier names to see how they act and talk.
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand the need to vent but before you go and label everyone in a group when speaking out in public one needs to "Think twice before speaking once" Some old fart besides me coined the phrase way back when dinosaurs walked the earth but it still holds true. I'm a former PMD employee and have been on this forum for a few and yes I have been royally screwed by a fellow as were other members on this forum but we all posted our greivances and eventually drove him off. On the other hand I have certainly met a great amount of good people here willing to advise or help any given situation.

A few bad apples may be bad but they haven't spoiled the whole bunch here at Pennock's in my eyes.

If it were not for this forum I could not have bought and sold fieros, parts received technical advise for my 3.4 DOHC swap, found Erick to make the wiring harness, Darth to reprogram my chip, last minute parts that are discontinued and the list goes on and on with the positives. From an old guy's view on the backside of life at 51, and my eyesight is still ok, I have a lot of respect for this forum and it's members old and young alike.

As for those out there that want to take advantage of our good and trusting nature from time to time.....what goes around comes around!

[This message has been edited by Mike Murphy (edited 08-14-2005).]

dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:
im willing to bet those you seem to have problems with may have some red in their bar?

hey now... My red bar is for political views not for sales... the people ive traded with have been great...
This is the only site where Id trust someone enough to pay for my own shipping and just trade parts with them... Ive done it 3 times now and would happily do it again.

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have sold a LOT of parts on here, and bought quite a few too. So far I am at 100%. I had a couple of purchases that I had to hound the guy on, but eventually they all came through. I have had a number of people say they would send money and never see it (more than 50% that say they will mail it to you never do). For some reason, if they are using paypal they almost always come through.

Originally posted by dezie36:

hey now... My red bar is for political views not for sales... the people ive traded with have been great...
This is the only site where Id trust someone enough to pay for my own shipping and just trade parts with them... Ive done it 3 times now and would happily do it again.

I agree this is a problem. There is a despirate need for an ebay style rating system in the mall. Unfortionatly, with the way it is now, there is only generic good and bad as a rating. That being the case, someone that works hard to have a positive rating is also likely to be someone that comes through on a deal. Someone that does not care about how others think of them and argues about things are less likely to be upset about others being upset with them when a deal goes bad. I am not saying this is the case with you, but unfortionatly, the rating bar is all we have till Cliff institutes a mall only rating system.

Edit to add: I gaev you a +. I generally give them to everyone that I think contributes is a positive manor to the forum, you do fall into that catagory.

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 08-14-2005).]

David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had nothing but good experiences with buying parts from members. Many have gone out of their way to help me and all have wished me good luck with whatever project I've been working on at the time. This is the ONE online area where I deal with confidence. My experiences with Ebay have been so unpleasant that I have given up on it. This forum has made my Fiero ownership fun and rewarding so far.
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If that wasn't a joke then I don't exactly know how to explain how unbelievably moronic that statement is. It just burns me up to think some people actually think this way. Completely assinine.

"Thomas Jefferson

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

fiero2man

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm a member of several board ranging for drag racing, to ford focus boards, to autocross boards, and I only find dishonest people here. I found people selling things, getting the money, and never sending the item, I find people taking credit for others hard work, and the one that really gets me, is that I created some custom shift stickers and people are stealing the files and printing them and selling them themselves. MY DESIGNS! I only keep enough money to cover my costs, and the rest I'm donating to a Charity.

I know the demographics of the Fiero community is a little diffrent from most of the sport compact boards I'm used to, But this is the demographic that I would expect it from the least! Most of you are old men! I figured the punk driving the Honda Civic would do this kind of stuff, not you guys!

GROW UP!!!!!

RANT

fiero2man

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fiero2man

262 posts
Member since Mar 2004
like some people, there have been and still are rip offs like FOCOA and TWIN Lakes Fiero. They don't last long with the network. Have faith bro, there are Many, Many decent Fiero guys and other clubs. Just let us know who they are!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock