Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Why do I only find dishonest people on PFF? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Why do I only find dishonest people on PFF? by FocusRush
Started on: 08-13-2005 11:47 AM
Replies: 68 (1946 views)
Last post by: $Rich$ on 08-23-2005 06:57 PM
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have bought and sold a few things here and only got burned once. I guess it was just a misunderstanding between me and the other guy- It was my understanding that he was going to send payment for an intake that I built and he understood that if I let him leave with it, it must be free. See, just a misunderstanding I stopped waiting for my check over 2 years ago but I'm not bitter or anything
IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

If that wasn't a joke then I don't exactly know how to explain how unbelievably moronic that statement is. It just burns me up to think some people actually think this way. Completely assinine.

"Thomas Jefferson

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

Don't turn this into a religion thread, conn. He has his right to express his beliefs just as you do yours. But apparently your beliefs center around the idea that anyone who doesn't think like you is a moron.

Kentish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentishSend a Private Message to KentishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Hate to break the bad news to you, but if you are dumb enough to make your sticker files that you plan on making and selling for $$ available for others to see then it is your own damn fault. It's not like you have a copyright to shift stickers, anyone with a printer could have come up with your idea, and it’s not unique or special. It's not like PFF hacked into your computer and stole your precious sticker files.

Looks to me like you are the one that needs to grow up. You screwed yourself out of that one my friend.

That's a bit harsh.

One thing I have noticed on this forum is that SOME folks are so abrupt and aggressive, I doubt that they'd be so if face to face!

[This message has been edited by Kentish (edited 08-15-2005).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kentish:

That's a bit harsh.

One thing I have noticed on this forum is that SOME folks are so abrupt and aggressive, I doubt that they'd be so if face to face!

no thats the thing - starting with my generation people are much more blunt and lacking tact - mostly due to indifference - they just don't care
I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me - but the older crowd tends to get offended by it.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indifference must be replacing respect, civility and common courtesy then, which is something sadly quite a few on here seem to lack.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Don't turn this into a religion thread, conn.

IMHO, you're speaking to the wrong fella.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Don't listen to patrick, he's a heretic!

hisss!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Don't listen to patrick, he's a heretic!

hisss!

Hmmm.... words from the Devil himself.

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm.... words from the Devil himself.

I'm sorry I can't listen to anything you Formula or Dennis says, because you belong to cults where its OK to demean people that don't belong to your cult. Carry on passing out the kool aid.

I guess according to some of you guys my best friend from Israel is a dishonest thief because he doesn't believe Jesus is the messiah.

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 08-15-2005).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry I can't listen to anything you Formula or Dennis says, because you belong to cults where its OK to demean people that don't belong to your cult. Carry on passing out the kool aid.

Maybe you need to re-read my posts.

[EDIT] Perhaps this needs to be spelled out more clearly...

connecticutFIERO, I hope you realize how dense you’ve made yourself look. In my first post, which was addressing Formula88, I was mildly chastising him because you weren't the first person to bring up religion in this thread, and for your information, I had agreed with what you posted. Yes, I had agreed with you! My second post, which was addressing Johnny, was simply a silly remark in response to his equally silly remark.

Geez, talk about taking something the wrong way!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-15-2005).]

FocusRush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FocusRushClick Here to visit FocusRush's HomePageSend a Private Message to FocusRushEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I never thought my rant would get this far. I figured it would be off page 1 in a day.

You people are funny.

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what happens when toilet leaks in Off Topic...
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe you need to re-read my posts.

[EDIT] Perhaps this needs to be spelled out more clearly...

connecticutFIERO, I hope you realize how dense you’ve made yourself look. In my first post, which was addressing Formula88, I was mildly chastising him because you weren't the first person to bring up religion in this thread, and for your information, I had agreed with what you posted. Yes, I had agreed with you! My second post, which was addressing Johnny, was simply a silly remark in response to his equally silly remark.

It seemed as if you were strongly in the I hate non christians camp for a minute there because of your comment to Johnny.

What do you expect when you insult someone, and then it seems you insulted Johnny too. So I thought. I was under the impression that you disagreed with me calling Dennis to task for saying non christians were dishonest theives.

Don't turn this into a religion thread, conn.

originally posted by Patrick

But if it's not that way, then I apologize.

I'm more then happy to see you not thinking like them, I have no problem saying I'm sorry if you meant it another way.

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 08-15-2005).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and then it seems you insulted Johnny too.

See the little smiley face winking in the top left hand corner of my post to Johnny? That’s to reinforce the notion that I was just kidding around with him. If Johnny comes by this thread again, maybe he can report how mortally wounded he was by my rebuttal to his comment. He was probably flattered by it!

I was under the impression that you disagreed with me calling Dennis to task for saying non christians were dishonest theives.

I quoted Formula88 at the start of my original post. Does that not indicate to you that I was therefore addressing him? I didn’t agree with him singling out you for bringing religion into this thread, when in fact it was actually Dennis who brought it up in the first place. I have no idea how you could’ve totally misconstrued what I had to say.

If you knew my history at PFF at all, you'd know that lumping me in with the “Christians” was a low blow. (Please note the smiley face winking again.)

Kentish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentishSend a Private Message to KentishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

no thats the thing - starting with my generation people are much more blunt and lacking tact - mostly due to indifference - they just don't care
I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me - but the older crowd tends to get offended by it.

Hey, who are you calling old ??

Some folks here need to chill out a bit, relax, take it easy, get laid maybe

DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2005 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FocusRush:

Wow, I never thought my rant would get this far. I figured it would be off page 1 in a day.

You people are funny.

Pathetic is more like it

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FocusRush:
You people are funny.

Welcome to PFF

(Please note the smiley face winking again.)

-Roy
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

We have many honest Christian people here on this forum but a few heretics as well. If you love the Lord it gives you the strength to do what is right and you prevents you from doing what is wrong. If you hate the Lord it refelcts in ones ethics.

Well, I had a snide reply to this... even corrected your spelling, but remembered that good christians like yourself are always right so I best mind myself. Besides, doesn't do to argue with a pig, just get mud slung on you and make the pig angry.

Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff send this thread to the dumpster it is well off track and out of hand.
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-REdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the over four years I've been here, only a small handful have been dishonest.

I would say that the majority are more than willing to help and are honest.

------------------
87 Fiero GT
White / Blue Pearl
T-Top, 3400 Turbo, 11.25" brakes
Whaletail, Mecham Scoops, ZR1 Scoop
T/A Fender Vents, Much Much More

86 SE Red
86 SE Gold
Formerly FieroGT87
My build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/036679.html

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lmao
buncha dummies....

PFF
System Bot
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 08-17-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

This is what happens when toilet leaks in Off Topic...

ROFLMAO - thanks Nick... that was good for a laugh!

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88, I was mildly chastising him because you weren't the first person to bring up religion in this thread, and for your information, I had agreed with what you posted. Yes, I had agreed with you! My second post, which was addressing Johnny, was simply a silly remark in response to his equally silly remark.

The reason I addressed my comment to conn and not Dennis is that Dennis made one passing religious comment. But conn's comment was inflammatory, calling Dennis moronic, and is beliefs assinine. While Dennis' religious comment may have brought some kindling to the flamewar, it was conn standing there with the blowtorch to set it all on fire.

It's ironic that conn blasts you, Dennis and me for being members of a cult that says it's ok to demean people, then goes off trashing Dennis. I guess that makes him a member of the same cult.

And while Dennis' one comment went unanswered for several posts, once conn brought in his flamethrower, it quickly ended up in the trash can. I addressed my comments to the right person.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 08-17-2005).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The reason I addressed my comment to conn and not Dennis is that Dennis made one passing religious comment.

And it was a moronic comment.

But conn's comment was inflammatory...

And Dennis’s statement wasn’t inflammatory? I guess it depends on where you spend your Sundays.

...calling Dennis moronic...

Not true. He referred to Dennis’s statement as “moronic”.

And while Dennis' one comment went unanswered for several posts...

Also not true. The very next post after Dennis’s by Custom2M4 called him on it.

I addressed my comments to the right person.

You addressed your comments to someone who opposed your views. Yes, in your mind it was the right person.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And Dennis’s statement wasn’t inflammatory? I guess it depends on where you spend your Sundays.

I spend my Sundays working on my Fiero usually.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 08-17-2005).]

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig check

------------------

AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 08-23-2005).]

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$Rich$

14575 posts
Member since Dec 2002
!
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$Rich$

14575 posts
Member since Dec 2002
!!

------------------

AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: