Started on: 07-26-2004 01:17 AM
Replies: 283 (7655 views)
Last post by: FieroGTguy on 09-30-2004 01:06 AM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I had to click on this topic...

After a fair bit of reading... I have come to the conclusion...

JUST RACE ALREADY!

IP: Logged
linenoise

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Well I had to click on this topic...

After a fair bit of reading... I have come to the conclusion...

JUST RACE ALREADY!

Well I haven't been on Pff for a couple of days and this thread has balloned. I've got popcorn in th microwave (breaking my racing diet, got shave another 10th off my time and I have the extra 100 Pounds to lose once it's done I'll go back and read what I missed.

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 08-31-2004).]

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

RFLMAO My thoughts exactly!!!!

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black-Azz GT. Its spelled "LOSER" not "looser"

Looser is how we discribe your mother.

OK? OK!

------------------

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-31-2004).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2004 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

Black-Azz GT. Its spelled "LOSER" not "looser"

Looser is how we discribe your mother.

OK? OK!

Bwahahahahahahahah .

Damn Black Azz You just got ....

AGAIN!!!!!!!!

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:

Bwahahahahahahahah .

AGAIN!!!!!!!!

lol, havn't seen that one before, funny!

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bwahahahahahahahah .

AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Just when I thought you couldnt get any dumber, You go and totaly redeam yourself.

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NY_FIERO:
That's true ....
so was the n* ?

Yeah, but when you get rid of the old fat people and the 5,000# Caddy, it's PDQ.

------------------
Punch the gas and feel the back step sideways; rip off a powershift and hear the tires punished by torque; downshift, lift off and feel the engine braking that comes only from big cubes, listen to the pop and gurgle. Know that you are driving an American V8. There are finer engines made, but none that are this cool.

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok car is back up and getting cleaned up...... But I want to do this at a track were there are no ppl or other cars.... The freeway is nice to race on but if were busted then one of us is going to jail (probally both) And you lose your car... They have a no tolorance policy here in florida Due to street racing. I have already lost my license for 3 years due to doing something stupid.... I really don't care to lose it again.

If you have a track down there then Fine I will come down that way. actually lets do this hehe loser pays the winners 2 runs and fills up his tank also... Oh yeah and a free 12pack of icehouse

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 09-01-2004).]

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Yeah, but when you get rid of the old fat people and the 5,000# Caddy, it's PDQ.

Will,
the N* is a kick ass motor and I know it
WOW,
I SEE IT'S RACE TIME...

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

...loser pays the winners 2 runs and fills up his tank also... Oh yeah and a free 12pack of icehouse

Ok...now that's what I call a fair deal, and enough to make it interesting.

------------------
88 Formula, "Asphalt Aviator"

Celebrate Artesian New Year!!!

PFF
System Bot
PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....do this at a track were....

I would definatly agree, for safty yes, but also there is no accuracy at all if done any place other than a timed track, otherwise it would just be two imature kids playing on the street.

[This message has been edited by PBJ (edited 09-01-2004).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

I would definatly agree, for safty yes, but also there is no accuracy at all if done any place other than a timed track, otherwise it would just be two imature kids playing on the street.

OhOh

PBJ mentioned the 'i' word. Seems appropriate for street racers?

Arn

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NY_FIERO:

Will,
the N* is a kick ass motor and I know it
WOW,
I SEE IT'S RACE TIME...

Yeah, it gets me around.

If the 4.9 and the N2O 2.8 want to get something handed to them both, I'll be in Pensacola/Mobile area this weekend.

------------------
Punch the gas and feel the back step sideways; rip off a powershift and hear the tires punished by torque; downshift, lift off and feel the engine braking that comes only from big cubes, listen to the pop and gurgle. Know that you are driving an American V8. There are finer engines made, but none that are this cool.

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I would absolutely looooooove to run you. So your engine is back togethor and running well?

Can it be videod? 10-15 mph roll on first gear?

I wouldn't mind having the video posted on here for all to see.

Its quite a drive up there but hell this hurricane is going to pound us. wouldnt' be a bad time to get out of here. And what better excuse to run a n-star fiero!!

sorry but not really interested in running at the strip. I dont' want everyone knowing what this runs.

SH

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And what better excuse to run a n-star fiero!!

All I know is, somebody better race somebody... I'm getting antsy.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sorry but not really interested in running at the strip. I dont' want everyone knowing what this runs.

SH

Your kidding right?

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will I would absolutely looooooove to run you. So your engine is back togethor and running well?

It's back together and in the car. How well it runs remains to be seen. I'm reorganizing the wiring harness and I have to finish a few more things on that and put it back in the car before I can start it. Can you believe that the Northstar has a lighter more compact harness than the 2.8 did?

Can it be videod? 10-15 mph roll on first gear?

We can do it however you want. There are a few good places around P'cola/Mobile as well as a couple of 1/8 mile strips. I'd like to get a couple from a dead stop, 'cause I'm guessing you don't hit your N2O off the line

I wouldn't mind having the video posted on here for all to see.

Sure.

Its quite a drive up there but hell this hurricane is going to pound us. wouldnt' be a bad time to get out of here. And what better excuse to run a n-star fiero!!

It's a longer drive for me. I went from Pensacola to Miami once and that was 10+ hours (not in the Fiero...)

------------------

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is kind of interesting.

You have one guy over 1200 miles from another guy challenging him to a drag race.

Guy number one will only race somebody if it is strictly illegal and unofficial.

Guy number two will only race if it is official and legal.

Of course you can guarantee you never have to race anybody who is credible if you insist on illegal activity as the prerequisite, and you are in another jurisdiction.

Gee, I wonder how it affects one's livelihood to have to spend time in jail and come out with no car and no licence? Glad I haven't been there, myself.

Maybe if we collectively click our heels we'll all wake up in reality

Arn

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will we will see once I know where this hurricane is going. Its still unsure just how far away its going to come from me. I might just head to jacksonville as I have a freind up there. and yea we can go from a stop too which you might have the advantage because yes I am not known to use my nitrous out of the hole. :wink:

Arn: slowerwithacarbsayswhat? It seems quite apparant you haven't been actually reading this thread cause if you did you would know that we are not 1200 miles apart. We BOTH live in florida. In fact its about 60 miles away from each other(Me and Earl) Will is a tad further over in the panhandle.

SH

PFF
System Bot
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RACE!!!!!!
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U guys are missing the point of the 4.9 it is not the best motor for the strip it is at best crusin and stop light to stop light. And scarin the **** out of people if u want a drag motor do a 3800 sc or Nstar or 5.7.

J Sokol

------------------
85 SE 2.8 - beater coupe-
86 SE 3.4 -in progress 3800 II SC -
88 Formula GT 4.9 5 speed beast
Enough parts outside for another one
-And a 3.4 push rod for sale in the mall Go and look-

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2004 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SH

This must be the other guy posting under the punisher moniker. Because the other one wants all 4.9s to run at the dragstrip yet he doesn't want to. Sounds like a hippocritter to me.

BTW Why aren't you calling out Master Tuner since you seem to want to race every 4.9 in Florida?

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 09-02-2004).]

NYfastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do it do it now race!
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SH

All you have to do is put N/T on your window just after your staging number and your time will not be posted on the board. Only you will see you time slip.

N/T on the window meens NO TIME for those who have not spent much time at the track. Now race him. You have no excuse.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Arn: slowerwithacarbsayswhat? It seems quite apparant you haven't been actually reading this thread cause if you did you would know that we are not 1200 miles apart. We BOTH live in florida. In fact its about 60 miles away from each other(Me and Earl) Will is a tad further over in the panhandle.

SH

That's pretty funny. So you don't work at Budd's Subaru in Oakville Ontario? I didn't know there is a Budd's Subaru in Florida. Joke's on me.

I choose to run what I run without nitrous. Doesn't mean to say I don't know cars.

My point still stands. If you have a car that you say will beat another car, you take it to where there is a a light tree, a clock and a safe racing place. Not the street. It is a fool's game to accept a street racing challenge. If you end up in a Florida jail, and ruin your car sales job because you lost your licence and have a criminal record, you only have yourself to blame.

We have lots of guys on the forum who are doctors, accountants, lawyers, professors, police, scientists, real racing drivers and mechanics, as well as us amateurs all of whom are pretty smart and the vast majority of whom simply too smart to accept a challenge from a street racer.

If you want to prove yourself to your betters, or simply be accepted in the fast lane, get with it race on a track and pick up your time slips.

Arn

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

That's pretty funny. So you don't work at Budd's Subaru in Oakville Ontario? I didn't know there is a Budd's Subaru in Florida. Joke's on me.

JM and SH both use that screen name.
JM = Canada
SH = Florida

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by Mastermind:

BTW Why aren't you calling out Master Tuner since you seem to want to race every 4.9 in Florida?

MTA's got a 4.5

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JM and SH both use that screen name.
JM = Canada
SH = Florida

This just gets stranger and stranger.

So if the police are looking for street racers to bust I guess they have to look in both countries.

Thanks for the clarification...l think.....

Arn

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2004 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is JM

Shaun stop being a Pu55y and run the sucker at the strip!!!

We both know from the Dyno charts you will clean them..

DO IT!!!!

Make Pappa Proud!!

JM

PFF
System Bot
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any reason you two don't have two separate user names?
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think one of them got banned for some reason why the other one aka JM for his possitive attitude is on the way out

Sad but true. No offense JM.

Torc wins races HP sells cars ..... SH

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 09-02-2004).]

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fieroEarl

2203 posts
Member since Jun 2002

MTA's got a 4.5

Yeah but I know that 4.5 would hand my 4.9 it's @ss on a silver platter... And I know the N-star fiero would hand me my @ass also....

This I know and can amit to it. I seen a northstar engine at fosters the other day..... That is one nice looking engine.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think one of them got banned for some reason why the other one aka JM for his possitive attitude is on the way out

Sad but true. No offense JM.

Torc wins races HP sells cars ..... SH

I really don't get it.

So you have 2 people using one user name. I thought that we each have to input identification to be on the forum.

If some guy gets booted off, am I allowed to let him use my user name to get back on? Or are unidentified users allowed?

This kind of sounds like a fiddle to me, but what the hay, I'm still old, slow, and confused. I think I'll take a nap now.

Arn

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get Bob's 4.9 for the G-tech runs. He is supposed to deliver the car to his daughter in South Carolina and did not want me taking the chance on screwing the car up. Sorry
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get some official times if the Hurricane doesnt come and blow my car away before I get to drive it.

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

I'll get some official times if the Hurricane doesnt come and blow my car away before I get to drive it.

Good luck with the Hurricane. With a little luck it will bypass you.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your times.

If I'm right about the stick shift you should do really well.

Good luck on it.

Arn

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Good luck with the Hurricane. With a little luck it will bypass you.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your times.

If I'm right about the stick shift you should do really well.

Good luck on it.

Arn

We're also going to be producing a good amount of extra ponies out of it.

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is JM

This thread is entertaining as hell , I haven't given any negative ratings to anyone becasue of their posts...I hope youi two do get to race...this is the most excitement this forum has seen ina while!!

JM

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock