Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  New engine I have been working on (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New engine I have been working on by The Punisher
Started on: 08-16-2004 11:10 PM
Replies: 59 (1414 views)
Last post by: Lex on 08-18-2004 02:32 PM
L44_87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
iced_theater,fiero5 perhaps you guys should start a sig nazi thread titled

PLEASE POST YOU SIG SO I CAN DECIDE IF ITS TO LARGE OR NOT.

a few text lines and a blinking photo are just tearing up the bandwidth ,Fiero5 maybe you should stop posting pics of fast and furious lime green 2m4 fieros evertime you put another pep boys mod on one ,or posting countless pcitures of stock white 2m4s that everyone has seen at least 100 times.

Back to the point ,nice job on the motor did you find the shortblock in ontario?

IP: Logged
The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

Your wannabe $900 2.8 is gonna pull 15's when the bottle is gone or not open.

You're the one who started this thread with your dump ass coments directed at some ones 4.9. Do you really think that this thread is gonna stay happy go lucky with those comments?

I actualy like what you are doing with the V6, just not your adittude and stupid comments like you're a big bad ass punisher that cant be touched.

You talk smack about peoples 4.9 and how they paid $x,xxx to get 200hp but what you havent figured in is how much the V8 fiero is worth after the swap.
Linenoice's car or mine for that fact, would pull at least 8-10k if either of us decided to sell it. How much do you think your tired ass 2.8 that has been blowing NOS
can pull? Oh wait, you cant even pull 3k from your Formula with the duel intake and NOS.

Sorry for Hijacking your thread, but your really not a Punisher. Just a wannabe.

Peace out, Beatch!

Want to know what else is funny? Is that even without nitrous on your 4.9 swap, you yourself will still run 15's!!!!! High 14's at best. Bwahahahahahahhahaha. So you are dogging us cause a 2.8 will run 15's but then your swapped v8 will end up turning the same time! You are hilarious dude. I love how you also say the bottle is cheating and what do you do when its empty, but then you are the first to say that you will use nitrous too to keep from getting beaten by a 2.8 with it. You are afraid that a little v6 is going to stomp your 4.9 v8 that you put so much time and effort into.

Do you know whats quite entertaining.... Is that your talking about Car values after modification to me... Im sitting in My office ..it reads sales manager on the door... In a dealership worth 9 Million Dollars.

When you manage a multi million dollar sales Dept...you can talk to me about values... How often do I hear ""dood I have a done up ____________ how much is it worth "" ... It's not worth as much as a stock one becasue the market for a modified car is much smaller than the market for a stock one... Plain and simple.. in 10 years the population of fiero's will have dimished even more and the ones worth the money will be stock unmolested cars. Look at the trends in Corvair Values and you will see the identical thing...

What amazes me about all of you yahoo's is that you claim to be such upstanding members and are quick to point fingers at people that you feel have stepped out of line. Sitting in your computer chairs throwing down judgement on anyone who disagrees with , or has the slightest differing point of view. You feel mightly..your doing the forum a favour by paointing out the atrocities that you deem unacceptable... or are you.... Could it be that you are just as bad as the people who originally cause problems? You are... Shaun has decided to take the high road int his thread and concentrate on providing some insight. I hate to say this but his old 85 GT which was bone stock with a 75 shot is still running around north flordia on the same motor. This is the same car listed int he 1/4 mile thread that is quite a bit quicker than a lot of 4.9's , Kudos to shaun for working from a budget and bettering many of you 4.9 swappers that give up ont he little 2.8. The fact of the matteris that it sounds like many of you are either incapable of developing more HP from a smaller displacement motor and are probably a little miffed that someone you deem as a lessor person (Like Shaun or myself) have taken a smaller displacement motor (which by the way has more potential than a 4.9) and run circles around you.

So can we cut all the crap out? Can we call this thing quits? We won't go in your threrads , as long as you don't come in ours. In this thread your obviously still fuming about what either shaun or I have said and feel the need to vent. Ventings fine , feel free to PM us and let us know what you think. Neither shaun or myself have time to deal with your neanderings ...

Well happy trails , We will no longer be posting in this thread.. Hope those who liked it enjoyed it and we thank you for your PM's and hopoe we were able to answer all of your questions.

Jonathan M. McCreery

[This message has been edited by The Punisher (edited 08-17-2004).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L44_87GT:

iced_theater,fiero5 perhaps you guys should start a sig nazi thread titled

PLEASE POST YOU SIG SO I CAN DECIDE IF ITS TO LARGE OR NOT.

a few text lines and a blinking photo are just tearing up the bandwidth ,Fiero5 maybe you should stop posting pics of fast and furious lime green 2m4 fieros evertime you put another pep boys mod on one ,or posting countless pcitures of stock white 2m4s that everyone has seen at least 100 times.

Back to the point ,nice job on the motor did you find the shortblock in ontario?

No a blinky lil photo wont eat up bandwidth.. but a 500kb+ pic will eat up bandwidth.

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, we could argue all night about this. but I will make thins my last as you are too.

First of all being a sales manager you would know that you have to market a modified car correctly to get what it is worth.
You cant just trade it in at a dealership to get it. BTW "sales Manager" does doesnt mean anything. Your just one more of
the sales men that everyone dreds.

Further more, I like this one,

"The fact of the matteris that it sounds like many of you are either incapable of developing more HP from a smaller displacement motor and are probably a little miffed that someone you deem as a lessor person (Like Shaun or myself) have taken a smaller displacement motor (which by the way has more potential than a 4.9) and run circles around you."

This is the engine I pulled from my car to replace with the 4.9

It's a Modded out 3.4, camed, ported and polished everything and about every bolt on possible. So yes I have been able to make HP, but it was at about it's limit. (180 concervitivly) on the motor. What you two fail to realize is the people do and want different things.

I wanted a V8, for a better starting point and mostly sound and shock value. As well as it will help with resale if that ois what I wanted to do.
Contrary to a "sales managers" beleife, people do want and dream of v8 Fiero's.

BTW - I can guarantee that I will not have 2.8's running circles around me. I will keep modding my V8 as I did my 3.4 and if I had one to worry about I would by a NOS kit and have it overnighted to me, and wave as I am peaceing out on them.

Just to keep this on topic, I like what you guys are doing...........with your engine. I hope to see the Alluminum 6 in a fiero soon.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:

Do you know whats quite entertaining.... Is that your talking about Car values after modification to me... Im sitting in My office ..it reads sales manager on the door... In a dealership worth 9 Million Dollars.

When you manage a multi million dollar sales Dept...you can talk to me about values... How often do I hear ""dood I have a done up ____________ how much is it worth "" ... It's not worth as much as a stock one becasue the market for a modified car is much smaller than the market for a stock one... Plain and simple.. in 10 years the population of fiero's will have dimished even more and the ones worth the money will be stock unmolested cars. Look at the trends in Corvair Values and you will see the identical thing...

What amazes me about all of you yahoo's is that you claim to be such upstanding members and are quick to point fingers at people that you feel have stepped out of line. Sitting in your computer chairs throwing down judgement on anyone who disagrees with , or has the slightest differing point of view. You feel mightly..your doing the forum a favour by paointing out the atrocities that you deem unacceptable... or are you.... Could it be that you are just as bad as the people who originally cause problems? You are... Shaun has decided to take the high road int his thread and concentrate on providing some insight. I hate to say this but his old 85 GT which was bone stock with a 75 shot is still running around north flordia on the same motor. This is the same car listed int he 1/4 mile thread that is quite a bit quicker than a lot of 4.9's , Kudos to shaun for working from a budget and bettering many of you 4.9 swappers that give up ont he little 2.8. The fact of the matteris that it sounds like many of you are either incapable of developing more HP from a smaller displacement motor and are probably a little miffed that someone you deem as a lessor person (Like Shaun or myself) have taken a smaller displacement motor (which by the way has more potential than a 4.9) and run circles around you.

So can we cut all the crap out? Can we call this thing quits? We won't go in your threrads , as long as you don't come in ours. In this thread your obviously still fuming about what either shaun or I have said and feel the need to vent. Ventings fine , feel free to PM us and let us know what you think. Neither shaun or myself have time to deal with your neanderings ...

Well happy trails , We will no longer be posting in this thread.. Hope those who liked it enjoyed it and we thank you for your PM's and hopoe we were able to answer all of your questions.

Jonathan M. McCreery

Well lets see I posted a thread so that other considering the 4.9 (or even just interested) can see how it does perform, for that I got informed that my car is a POS that was "Owned by the 1320" (Please demonstrate anywhere, I had done something to deserve your unkind comments?) I wasn't bragging it was the fastest car here. I was posting honest to goodness 1/4 times, wasn't posting bullshit as has happened many a times around here (2 Small block owners as I recall). Never had I ever mentioned one word foul towards or about either of you. I find it sad that you’re now crying foul when your rudeness comes back upon you.

As for the 4.9 having no potential BS, I'll lay money down that Becky (HER86GT could break 11's anytime she really wanted to, and that’s without spraying, I bet she could go even further with spray on top of that motor of her’s), and as you already know I'm planning on spraying my 4.9 at the track, I want people to know what it can do if they take that route. Go back and read all my posts, you see there is not one motor I bash, Hell I never said anything even remotely rude to another person on this forum until you pulled your crap. I love my car, am I excited about it yes, does the 4.9 perform like I thought it would hell yes. It gives me a thrill every time I drive it, you once asked me to compare the C5 to it and I said they both are fun and perform as I want them to, yes the 4.9 Fiero Gets the jump on the C5, The C5 will quickly catch it what do you expect for a 45K car? Would I do the 4.9 again yes without hesitation, Would I like to see your 2.8 put out 500HP without spray hell yes, because for me it’s one thing and one thing only. That is the car, I love fiero's, thats right I love a car most of the US thinks is the biggest pile ever made, I come here to enjoy other peole who feel like I do about Fieros. Instead I have to deal with your insults becuase I selected the motor I wanted. F - You!

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The amazing thing is this thread was jacked by the same hypocrites that say things like "If you don't like it, don't click on my thread."
There are some real thin skinned mumbo-tards on this forum.
Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lex

1030 posts
Member since Nov 2003

BTW - I can guarantee that I will not have 2.8's running circles around me. I will keep modding my V8 as I did my 3.4 and if I had one to worry about I would by a NOS kit and have it overnighted to me, and wave as I am peaceing out on them.

j

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 08-17-2004).]

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that is a nice looking motor you are working on Jonathan M. McCreery

I understand now that selling Subaru cars for a living gives you alot of opportunity to access parts and cars in a way most of us don't.

Most of us out here do not work selling cars. Some guys are mechanics and they work pretty hard to get good deals. They also help out alot of us who aren't mechanics.

So, if, based on my budget and parts access I choose to run a 'carb' because it is economical and within my skill range, and I am happy with 170 hp max then don't trash me for fun. You don't need to. You'll have a nicer engine.

I am sure your engine will be really beautiful when it's done, and I agree that using a bottle is cheating and I don't really care if you do. So long as you are happy with your product.

What mods would you do with all stock internals, no NOS, no turbo?

Different scenario, right?

I'll just keep plugging along my way and I won't bash your bottle fed. Please don't bash me or my car. Thanks.

------------------
Arn

Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work SH. I'd like to see a picture of the intake you're talking about. Is this the one that Cooter built a while ago that looks like the starship Enterprise?

A Fiero IT racer (Alan Hamilton) has put 135hp to the wheels with a stock intake and more limited modifications than you've done. You shouldn't have a problem beating 140 with a real intake.

Keep us posted on the results because I know you're one of the people who will take it to the dyno and the track and get real numbers. I'm interested in seeing them, especially the dyno numbers without nitrous. If you're booted from the forum by then post them to the racing list or email them to me.

To everybody else, I'd like to point out that Punisher is really taking the high road in this thread and has not instigated or responded to any of the flaming.

If this thread had been started by a more popular forum member it would have gotten good reception. I know there is bad blood out there but if Punisher is trying to keep things upstanding then the least we can do is try to do the same, even if it's just in one thread. It doesn't take any effort at all to not start a flame war.

By the way, I'm not refering to John Stricker calling BS on the $900 price. That's a ridiculously low price and I would expect somebody to call BS regardless of who made the claim. I believe the answer, though, because good deals are out there if you keep your eyes open. Just look at the Yellow GT that Toddster recently picked up for $750.

Heck, I remember when SH picked up that aluminum block (man that thing is beautiful!) off of Yahoo auctions a few years ago and y'all would shoot him if you knew how much he paid for it. If that wasn't you, SH, then I'm remembering somebody else who got a screaming deal on one of these. If only I would have had the money at the time...

------------------
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom roll cage and exhaust fabrication

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SoFresh-N-SoClean:

Whine. Whine! WHINE!!! Thats all you people do on here. 5 thread about a damn sig. Who really cares... Pick up the BONE PHONE, Fred Flintstone and give George Jetson a call. Get with the times and get DSL or cable, something...

This dude is making some serious power for SUPER CHEAP! It rivals any car ever made bang for buck. I'll never understand fiero owners I swear.

I was actually quite interested in this engine build, too bad this thread went down.
Look, the sig was way, way oversized per forum rules and it was used two or three times in spite of the requests to please tone it down. Many of us just don't have a choice about our ISP so please don't taunt us about it. I love to read about these engine build ups and enjoy the photos also but to wait while loading up a half million byte sig several times and to get ridiculed about it too just kills it for me.
I hope your engine build goes better than this thread did.
jet

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug Chase:

Nice work SH. I'd like to see a picture of the intake you're talking about. Is this the one that Cooter built a while ago that looks like the starship Enterprise?

Yup, that's the one, I had a chance to check it out when Cooter built it. I almost built a similar one myself, but ended up deciding I didn't want to spend any more time or resources on that engine. Another forum member (utah fiero? or something like that) has built one for his 3.4 as well, I believe he used square steel tubing, though...can't remember the specifics. Regardless, getting rid of the bottleneck after the throttle body should make a drastic improvement in top end power.

Punisher...don't let the BS get to you. I really don't want to see you (yous?) get the boot just because some tardwads want to have a flamewar. Leave the BS be, make your informative posts, and continue the fierodom us non-tardwads can appreciate. Well, I can appreciate it anyway. I'm not much of a fan of the 2.8/3.1/3.4 iron heads anymore due to personal experience, but I do like learning about anything Fiero, so keep on NOSing and I'll keep on reading.

Bryce
88 GT

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trash Can!
ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMAO! That sig is just hilarious. Need I say more.
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was really interested in this thread until the rude children came out to play! God, some of you people need to get off your high horses and learn to PM people with your complaints.

BTW, the sig is large but I reserve the right NOT TO CLICK !

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt455:

I was really interested in this thread until the rude children came out to play! God, some of you people need to get off your high horses and learn to PM people with your complaints.

BTW, the sig is large but I reserve the right NOT TO CLICK !

I enjoyed the thread toobut remember, what goes around comes around. Hopefully everyone is even and they can start a new thread on this build without the insulting comments
and it will be enjoyable.

Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I enjoyed the thread toobut remember, what goes around comes around. Hopefully everyone is even and they can start a new thread on this build without the insulting comments
and it will be enjoyable.

Thanks, mom!

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 08-18-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lex:

Thanks, mom!

No problem sis.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lex, I guess you didn't get that memo about douche-Bag-GT becoming the new forum police
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

Lex, I guess you didn't get that memo about douche-Bag-GT becoming the new forum police

You should have gotten it by now. It was sent out by Wack88GT

Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2004 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should have gotten it by now. It was sent out by Wack88GT

Wack88gt, wow you are so clever.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave